• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tales of Symphonia

Red Exodus

Smash Master
*revive's thread* I love this game, too bad my friends are all idiots and none of them like it at all, they just like shooting up stuff, how stupid.

Giggidax

Smash Ace
omg tales of phantasia for snes is pretty good and im saving enuff money so i can get Tales of Symphonia for GC! the game looks so good, someone tell me is it worth buying the game?

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
It's definitely worth buying. This is, together with SSBM, my favorite game ever made. I've played through it about 6 times to unlock everything and it still grabs me... The battle system is great, the storyline is massive and all the extra unlockables... There is so much to do! I can't wait for Tales of the Tempest for the DS!

Giggidax

Smash Ace
mmhmm nicenice! i might walk up to gamecrazy today and buy me a copy. ive been lookin forward to this game ive just been saving up money untill now. it really does look good

Volt Tackle

Smash Cadet
Definately one of my favorites. Everything about this game is great; memorable characters, a superb battle system, and a compelling plot (albeit predictable at times).

DaBearX

Smash Journeyman
It's definitely worth buying. This is, together with SSBM, my favorite game ever made. I've played through it about 6 times to unlock everything and it still grabs me... The battle system is great, the storyline is massive and all the extra unlockables... There is so much to do!
QFT. Those two games are pretty much the only GC games I play. I love multiplayer RPGs, and this battle system was so engaging it drove me to try to make my own game engine (which is slow going). This is the only one of the tales series I played though, how would you guys rank all of the series?

valtiel

Smash Journeyman
symphonia 10/10
legendia 6.5/10
phantasia 7/10
abyss 8/10
eternia still have not played it
I love the tales series they rock!

FireBomb

Smash Lord
You don't need to play Legendia when you got Abyss waiting for you. It just doesn't feel right for some reason, and is made by a seperate team. Namco Tales Studio worked on Abyss during the same year, which is how they managed to release Legendia and Abyss, 2 console games, in the same year. Tales of the Abyss is much more glorious.

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
I have a question T_T, have anyone here do the Tech Glitch? I finally got the character who has the C-abilty remains with that abily, when the other hasnt has the ability, but the character uses the hability who hasnt got, and dont learn it T_T

Help!! T:T

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I'll buy it after DMC:3 Special Edition, since DMC is like $40 here [I know, major rip off but that's as cheap as it gets] and Abyss will probably be $100.

Dam I wish I could buy stuff over the internet but my parents are paranoid about getting scammed.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Tales of Phantasia OVA is also on youtube, if people are interested. It's recommened that you beat the game though...

Heck there's even a Tales of Eternia up on youtube, featuring a bunch of episodes. Hasm't even been released in America, so the anime is your only source to see what the characters are like, and such. So many animes to watch...

Elen

Smash Lord
One of my favorite games of all time. It really deserves more recognition than it gets. I'm actually overdue for replaying this :p I should start soon ^.^

valtiel

Smash Journeyman
I personally didn't like the tales of eternia anima. None of the characters look right for some reason. *sigh* never played ToE yet. Never played ToRebirth too along with ToD 1 and 2! HOPE they port rebirth and tales of destiny 2 in the near future.

Velox

Smash Ace
The next video of me playing smash is totally going to have "Fighting of the spirit" as the music :colorful: That song is wtf-amazing.

Velox

Smash Ace
Heh, ewww Naruto, I liked the ToS one better :)

*sigh* My premium account expired and smashboards ate my Evangelion avatar it seems... gay...

Velox

Smash Ace
Heh, I liked it, it wasn't bad, I just liked the ToS better :) Yeah, I beat ToS a few times, was a truly great game, definately a must have game for anyone with a Gamecube, it's the only Tales game I've gotten to play though, unfortunately. I used to post on tales.namco back in the day... good times... heh.

I don't actually like Naruto though, I have to say. Something about orange jumpsuit ninja's... i dunno, lots of things. I'm pretty spoiled with my Evangelion though :p

valtiel

Smash Journeyman
yea i can tell hehehe! well lets see now if you enjoyed ToS you might want try out tales of the abyss its fairly good. by the way im a tales fanboy if you could'nt tell.

AceMoney

Smash Apprentice
Okay, so maybe someone has already asked about this or not. But in the gamecube version, can I get the Falcon's crest? I saw it on gamefaqs and tried my hardest to unlock this tech with lloyd, but it appears that I can't do it. Perhaps this is PS2 only? If so, that sucks. Also, can anyone explain the way to unlock both S and T type moves for a character? If this has been asked though, never mind my question.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I love the Tales games, in particular Symphonia. Scott Menville's voice as Lloyd and Tara Strong's portrayal of Presea were great. Oh and the actual game was pretty good too. ^_^ But really the game as a whole is just too great.

Can't wait for the OVAs to be released this summer. Well at least the first one anyway. I should add that the animation scenes in ToS is simply way past amazing aswell.

Velox

Smash Ace
It's been like 2 years since I've played ToS, but to do Lloyd's Falcon Crest I'm pretty sure you need to have the "Eternal Swordsman" title equiped along with the "Eternal Sword" in hand. Your life has to be 16 or 17% or below, I can't remember, and then I think you press 'A', 'B', and 'Y' together to do the tech. It might have been 'A', 'B', and 'X', again, I don't remember. I'm almost positive that there is no "minimum usage" for any of Lloyd's moves though that you need to do the tech.

SuPeRCuSsIoN

Smash Journeyman
SPOILERS: (for those that didnt play the game)

i remember i had all of those zombie weapons....and it frickin killed mithos in less than a minute

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Okay, so maybe someone has already asked about this or not. But in the gamecube version, can I get the Falcon's crest? I saw it on gamefaqs and tried my hardest to unlock this tech with lloyd, but it appears that I can't do it. Perhaps this is PS2 only? If so, that sucks. Also, can anyone explain the way to unlock both S and T type moves for a character? If this has been asked though, never mind my question.
It has something to do with using rising falcon and using materia blades. The move supposedly comes out randomly but it owns.

And yes, Devil arms are ownage, most characters have to kill 1000s of monsters to get their devil arms are good as LLoyd's.

valtiel

Smash Journeyman
to do falcons crest have the title eternal swordsmen equipped with the material blade and when your in a battle your hp has to be in the red state near death and make sure you have 100 tp then press b a and x all at the same time. yea devil arms own my lloyde can to over 1000 damage with normal attacks!

Top Bottom