• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tales of Symphonia

SuPeRCuSsIoN

Smash Journeyman
i remember that i also reached lvl 100 with all charsacters....it rocked...and yeah thats the ones i was talking about...the devils arms.

SuPeRCuSsIoN

Smash Journeyman
lol wow...i was going to work on it to that high....but i went right back to smash after i reached 100

FireBomb

Smash Lord
I never reached the max level so I wouldn't know. There wasn't really any reason to, since I was always tempted with just starting the game over again. After beating the game 15x, I've pretty much sucked all the information out of Symphonia and engraved it into my mind. If there's any other questions regarding Symphonia (or even Abyss) I'll gladly answer. :)

Red Exodus

Smash Master
What do you reccomend for leveling up on? I trained on those angels right before Yggdrasil.

valtiel

Smash Journeyman
go to the forest where you fought origin a gold dragon will be near the entrance of the forest. fight it and when u beat it go to the nearest exit and go and come back and the gold dragon should respawn. do this over and over again while trying to get a high combo for bonus exp. like have a party of lloyd genis collete and raine and try to make a 20 hit combo before using a unison. by the way make sure the unison moves include swordrain indignation and stardustcross and ray so that you try to get the highest combo while activating prismstars. ALSO it wouldnt hurt to equip one of your characters with a demon seal and krona symbol. so u get double exp without the negative effects of the demon seal.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Do you play ToS with friends or just by yourself? None of my friends want to play it 'cuz I overhype it. Oh well life goes on.

valtiel

Smash Journeyman
naw i play solo cuz the co-op sucks in ToS i mean the camera sucks and also my friends r into smashing so uh yea. it would be nice to get someone into it though.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
That would be sweet, at first I wished the party could hold all 8 characters lol. that would be so insane.

valtiel

Smash Journeyman
ALL eight whoa talk about over kill in my book cuz 4 of my most strongest characters along with semi strong characters will be impossible to beat.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I wanna see a boss fight with 2 or 3 forms of Yggdrasil and Abyssion, that would be fun to watch rofl.

valtiel

Smash Journeyman
don't forget about Meredy Garr and Farah! **** that would be a intense boss fight! I would totally test my party's strengh and dare to fight them.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
That fight was uber tough, I can't remember how many tries it took but I know each character I took in got a beat down from the cameo crew.

valtiel

Smash Journeyman
yea taking them on at level 50 was a BAD idea. cuz on normal all three of them are at level 80. but nothing compares to living armor that was very hard. sword dancer form 3 was a challenge also. maxwell was easy.

valtiel

Smash Journeyman
oh my god i just took on mithos and took out his first form in 1:32 and the final form in 52 seconds on mania mode. wow the unison i pulled off on the second form delt over 50000 damage.

Chip.

you know what to do
This game is the ****, no lie.

I have a question, (I didn't bother to check the other 14 pages of this thread), do you guys know how to use Colette's super secret tech move? I think she has 4 total, but one is overly dramatic/semi-cinamatic attack, if you guys know what I'm talking about, please tell me if you know..

valtiel

Smash Journeyman
well in the GC version i know that collete has one hi ougi called holy judgement where she casts holy song and judgement at the same time. to do it you must use judgement and holy song over 50 times and then cast holy song it happens randomly every time you cast holy song.

Velox

Smash Ace
Easily the hardest fights in ToS were (all mania mode) Kvar, Yuan & Botta, Rodyle Dragaon's, Pronyma #2, non-All Divine Abyssion, and non-Devil Arms ToD cameo.

valtiel

Smash Journeyman
Okay hes the boss at the end of the secret dungeon in Sybak remember? you had to get the book that was stolen from the elf villiage and it was at the library in Sybak. He was very hard to beat on mania just cuz he had over 5000 attack power........I hate him.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I remember now, I think that book still exists in my game because I chose not to destoroy it.

Chip.

you know what to do
Mania was always a fun challenge. Against Living Armor, I had a EX skill combo where I would counter his attack, then use a four hit combo into a level 1 tech. From there I'd use sword rain alpha and with the sky combo ability use rising falcon to cancel sword rain alpha seting me up behind Living Armor. Doing this with Nebliem destroyed that boss. The hard part was getting to him.

valtiel

Smash Journeyman
Mania was always a fun challenge. Against Living Armor, I had a EX skill combo where I would counter his attack, then use a four hit combo into a level 1 tech. From there I'd use sword rain alpha and with the sky combo ability use rising falcon to cancel sword rain alpha seting me up behind Living Armor. Doing this with Nebliem destroyed that boss. The hard part was getting to him.
It was really tough to get to him! Still it was worth it cuz of the boots you get for beating him. The boots allow some characters to become immune to or absorb alot of the elements, but with the right stuff raine can be completely safe from magic! Except non elemental magic.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I think I either have strength boots or speed boots of most of my characters.

Normally I walk around with Kratos, LLoyd, Raine and Sheena/Presea.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
The Underworld you get transported to is called Niflheim, and yeah that's a crazy world.
Huh... my party varies depending on what area I'm in.

Wandering the field: Lloyd Genis Colette Kratos/Zelos
In a dungeon seal: Lloyd Presea Regal Raine (keeps others at full health for spirit battle)
Summon Spirit battle: Lloyd Genis Sheena Zelos

But nowadays I kinda just switch between everybody so no one feels left out. :)

Top Bottom