• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tales of Symphonia

Red Exodus

Smash Master
What's your highest combo? Mine is like 60, the enemies either die or my partners don't continue you the combo fast enough.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
Highest combo would be like... 133 or somewhere near that. It's not that hard when you what to do against which enemy. I used Stardust Rain on that one dragon in the seal when Gnome lives. His giant mass leaves him open to a LOT of tiny hits.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I can't remember the damage number, I remember I was trying to get like 3k grade though.

X-threilyss

Smash Apprentice
I can't remember the exact number but my freinds and i did a combo that was either almost 1,000 hits or above.. We had Collette, Kratos, Sheena, and Lloyd.. i don't remember who it was against, but what we did was equip everyone w/ their weakest weapon, and used an all divide.. then we just had everyone pummel the enemy.. Collete, Kratos and Sheena all used the Spell-canceling technique while lloyd just did his own thing..

now, using a single person.. i think it was against kilia.. i used Kratos and the spell-cancel technique.. i think it was around 200 hits.. i could have gotten more, but it stopped because kilia had to change forms..

Red Exodus

Smash Master
That game is so huge, I can't remember who Killia is. Is she that girl that you have to kill in Plamcosta [sp?]

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Lol, it's been over a year and 6 months since I played that game and I still remember a few things, I guess it shows how amazing it is. Good. eventful games are hard to forget.

Have you tried getting everything in the grade shop? I tried but I thin it's impossible, that would take forever.

valtiel

Smash Journeyman
i got everthing no problem. well not everthing cuz when u choose some options it turns off others like choosing 10×exp cancels out others like 2×exp and half exp.

X-threilyss

Smash Apprentice
no i never tried getting everything.. the only things i really cared about is carrying over the titles (for costumes) and the amount of play time and the collectors book.. i still don't have 100%..

LadyMartel

Smash Rookie
Wow... people still talk about this game? Cool.

My favorite character is Kratos Aurion.

Ah... I remember when I played that game everyday. It was so fun.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
It's funny how all the main characters of Tales games tend to be the biggest cussers, and they're all particularly fond of that d-word. My favorite is also Lloyd.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Ah... great memories of this game. My favorite character was Kratos as well. The mystery shrouding him and how he turned out to be a certain somebodys father was great. The whole story was excellent.

Anyway, what's the tales game that came out for PS2 just a while ago? Do you reccomend it? I finally have a PS2.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
well then...

reasons please? would you say it's better or worse than ToS?

valtiel

Smash Journeyman
well then...

reasons please? would you say it's better or worse than ToS?
well i would say even cuz abyss is great and all my only beef with this game is the lag time other than that its great. also imagine doing up to max 9999999 damage sweetness!

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
I looked at some reviews and I think I'm gonna pick it up.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

I used Kratos when I found out that I could switch characters I want to control. I like Kratos' angel costume but the only thing it's missing is that second cape thingy Kratos' original costume has. I wish Kratos had more angel moves though, Judgement isn't that great.

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Oh yeah that was cool lol. I gotta try to get all of the costumes when I get a wii. That should only take me a few 100 hours.....

valtiel

Smash Journeyman
SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER!!!

i thought it was cool that zelos could be killed off it was a cool boss fight.

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER!!!

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I don't like spoilers, but I doubt anyone here hasn't beaten the game, it's pretty old, probably impossible to find in stores too.

If anyone knows any secrets in the story feel free to post them as spoilers, I still feel like I missed something when I played through the first time [I only got to beat it once -.-]

FireBomb

Smash Lord
^^^Well, guess I might as well not tag it.

Did you find the secret Summon Spirit Maxwell? After you make a pact with Origin, find the city in the sky, Exire, and explore a little bit. From the central area, there should be a path leading to the back of the city (you need to go around an un-obvious part of a house to reach it). There, you find a shrine. You need to equip the earth, fire, water, and wind elemental rings you got from previous Summon Spirits, one to each member in your party. Then you get to fight an extra battle... once you win, Sheena will learn Summon: Birth, which makes a meteor storm.

Speaking of Meteor Storm, Genis can learn the same move. Go to Heimdall and explore a little bit. You should come across a student and teacher practicing magic. When everything's said and done, you'll learn the skill, which is crazy powerful. I think once you're done with Maxwell, this'll be availible too.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I did both. The boss fight was pretty cool. Too bad summoning is such a pain, it sucks when you summon something AND miss, at least Sheena is an okay comboer.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I think Abyssion owned me with that move a good few times. Abyssion is the most fun to kill imo. I wish you could use all 8 party members on him, the first time I fought him he owned everyone.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I got owned mercilessly in that until I realized you could use items. But then I still got owned anyway...

Top Bottom