• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taking requests for a short time. Now giving lessons for anyone.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
You don't need to triple (or even double) post. Just use the edit button. Especially when it's just above an hour/less than a half hour apart... =/

Btw, I've seen better (done in paint, yes). Pretty much any pokemon sprite can be successfully edited in paint, so don't use that as an excuse.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Well, I know that there are better sprites out there but I still like these ones. How do you make them? Just use 2 pictures, change the colors and put them on each other?

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Medapod with Ditto coloring. Do it!

Make it do String Shot as well.
I hope you're joking. If you're not, then talk about easy... Recolors are about the most basic form of sprite art.

To demonstrate how easy it is, I timed myself and did this in under 15 minutes (including the upload):

I don't have a sprite for string shot, and it's been so long since I've played the gba games, I don't even know what it looks like anymore. But honestly, that's not really the point of this. I did this simply to show recolors are easy. As long as you have the sprites you want to use, all there is to it is making a color palette so you know what color goes where, and a little bit of patience to replace the colors.

@topic poster: Sorry if I'm hijacking your thread, here, but this stuff really should've been posted in the Artwork Emporium, anyway.

Btw, don't save your sprites as JPGs. Save them as PNGs, instead. That way you preserve the quality of the pic, better.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
lol

I had a feeling that was what you were thinking when you mentioned metapod...

I have seen a pic of that, before, so if you want, I might be able to dig it up again. It would require looking through threads from quite a while ago at a place that's fairly active, though.

If I find it I'll PM it to you. Don't count on it happening anytime soon, though. Or perhaps ever, if I decide to give up on it.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Hey foxandyounglink, you're not really supposed to unnecessarly double post around here. Use the "Edit" button located at the bottom right of your post.

Edit: See? I'm editing as well as playing modrator. Good fun!

Khanczar

Smash Ace
beforehand, i am a noob at any kind of editing programs or watevar.

What are you using to edit them? Is it something all complicated or are you just using paint? I gotta knoe.

Top Bottom