• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Taking Back Saturday 1/15 -- Toronto, Ontario, Canada

unknown522

Some guy
lol, I completely forgot about this thread. Thanks for the shoutouts people.

I didn't really play many people at this, but oh well.

Thanks for hosting Gichan and josh. You guys did a good job.

GGs to all those in singles and teams. Bernard, Kurtis, tristan, SD, windrose, sauga rep, uhhhhh there's more.

I'm also gonna steal zen's line: "I'm really jealous. BTW, that was sarcasm". Funniest quote of the day.

Car ride back was crazy. My roy was crazy.

Also kurtis, I'm gonna take your jiggs with pichu next time.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
ALSO, never EVER touch TIO, go to one of the tourney hosts beforehand cause one player, Marik, got ***** like this. If you have an alt account do not quote this I don't want you getting caught. anyways, the player assumed he was not around and played the winner of the other match. Very unfair. He apologized and he's forgiven but i hope you all make a note of this.
honestly, i didn't see why this was such a big issue. the set could've went back and played, it was like, 1 set ahead and not like 2 or 3 sets played ahead. it didn't seem undoable imho. not to mention the fact that the result was pretty obvious. lastly, should've been disqualified by default due to time constraint. marik was apparently mia for like 1+ hrs. while it's true he didn't consult a TO, i don't see how this problem was unfixable. you guys jsut over dramatize it, no offense.

oh for the record i'm not the "alt account"? LOL just in case

quick shout outs:

4: SF- we should have played more, and i dont think i ever played ur fox, sadface :(
it's okay lol, i had a TON of fun playing your falco with marth. probably would've been way more fun anyways. my fox is lame.

I wish my set with Jack got recorded too. **** was hella close.
lol, just play your own game next time yo. it's less distracting to both of us i'm sure. it's better than a phantom fair at least lol.

but seriously, next time, play your own game. it was **** annoying hearing zen list every command like you were his remote. i'm not gonna john about it, but it was ****ing annoying as ****

sorry, i forgot about the shoutouts and the thread lol

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
Singles
1: Raynex - good stuff. always a beast. glad i got to play you friendlies at david's... been almost half a year

2: Unknown - lol you were so angry at me in bracket. sorry i suck at this game :(

3: Sauc3 - yeahhhh should've camped you more lol. it's okay. next time i got this :) can't wait to play you more again

4: SF - 4 is a bad number

5: Carbon - sheik is blah. go back to spacies lol

5: Reis - reallyyyyyyyyy funn set. i love your marth. it's incredible. come out more.

7: Guru - you still got a lot of mario to learn (Y) lol, again, learn to play your own games >_>

7: Sanuzi - josh you were pretty off his tourney imho, and we had our share of ****ing up our team games LOLOL don't worry with a bit more practise our team chemistry will surpass hydrogen bonds (Y)

9: Ndot - really good friendlies near the end of the tourney. was very enjoyable.

9: Jpobs - lol, i loved our marth vs your falco sets. friendlies were good. hadn't played you in like, a whole year since. it was nice playing you again. i forgot to go peach on you, though. also, reverse fair -> dair is too pretty haha

9: Izek - ggs in teams and friendlies lol. i remember that game where you 4 stocked me in falco dittos, and i was like wtf!? LOL and then i 3 stocked you back :) really good games. not gonna lie, i had a little grudge in those falco dittos LOL but near the end it was all good hahaha i'm sure you could tell <3

9: Rbox - thanks for making so much of this possible. though i was in so muh **** for the overnight LOL but no worries, i don't regret it, fun as ****, thanks so much!

13: LL62 - good friendlies. fun luigi (Y) good name too haha

13: SD - yooooo learn to get control again. learn to anti camp. then marth will be goood (Y) should've watched my games vs some of the falcos lol. powershield it up (Y)

13: Nightmare - didn't get our MM in, i had no cash on me lol, i broke even with prize money and the money i borrowed, so things all worked out (Y) ggs, wish i could play you more!

13: Jus - good stuff. play a better char, HAHA, unless you learn to CG better =p

17: Bing - i didn't get to play you x) i heard you left early or something?

17: Kiwi - i know i know who you are, from one of kyle's get togethers? didn't play you though

17: How2 - nice seeing you out here, keep it up! didn't play you much, but at least i'll play you again in waterloo

17: Marik - stuff happens, i'll keep my opinion to myself x)

17: SexyBabyPanda - not gonna lie, sorta disappointed in your placing =p i don't recall what your brackt was and i'll go back after i type this stuff out lol, but friendlies were good as always (Y) hope to play you more. for the record, i'm not scary LOL

17: Tobe - i believe you were in my pool. ggs (Y) i can't remember if you were the one who commented on APMs lol, was funny

17: Dany - don't think i met/played you =\ sorry, next time!

17: Acidile - i swear justin is the krytonite of your melee career your games vs each other are always so entertaining LOL you gotta learn to gay his characters more. his characters are so gayable haha. see you at waterloo soon if i decide to come down

gichan: i don't really know you, but you seemed like a nice guy (Y) thanks for your support in melee and myself during the bracket lol

josh: good hosting (Y) funny times with the bracket and chats (Y)

imahhhhhhhhhhd: really nice to see you again!! we should be grocery store buddies LOL. produce is the way to go, i guess (Y) f/e sucks, never go there if ever, worst dept ever haha. gott amake the drive to your house more, and shake that rust off! tho i did enjoy our marth vs your falco games =) still a beast nonetheless

david: really good friendlies at your house. i appreciate the teachings, sorry if i disappointed you though, i really am trying to get good at the gamefor the resources i have to work with! hope you don't mind the shoutout at this thread, since i knew you would've came and wrecked **** up haha

edit: my bad forgot aobut the double post LOL

edit 2: LOL my bad sexybabypanda, you had ryan first round x) you got 4th seed? =( i'd like to see your pool and games vs izek lol, sorta interesting results

Acidile

Smash Journeyman
hmm super-delayed shout-outs etc. I was pretty disapointed by the actual placing I got, but I felt I played pretty good overall so whatevzz.

Raynex - You won, that's cool, we didn't play but grats etc.

Unknown - You're like so good, SOOO MEAN IN OUR GAMES =(. Pull a David and go super-tryhard at P5 please!

Sauc3 - Great matches like usual, thanks for warming me up for my sets and stuff. Stop missing jab reset rests it makes me soooo sad.

SF - Really really enjoyed our set/games, really gave me a good idea of how much better I've gotten. I look forward to playing more at waterloo events.

Carbon - Didn't play, apparently you're good or something idk.

Reis - You guys beat us in teams, TOTALLY didn't know who you guys were and it was like omg whyyy are these guys gooddd. If we get a chance, teams MM you guys in the future, need redemption etc.

Guru - We didn't play, next time.

Sanuzi - Yo mad T.O. stress I guess, you def could've done better don't worry bout itz. Thanks for TOing and helping to make this happen.

Ndot - Good friendlies, keep coming out to these things.

Jpobs - Good set as usual. I always feel like I get so much better when I play you, but you get better too, totally not fair. We need to do friendlies at next smash thing.

Rbox - Destiny just didn't want us to play again, but it must happen eventually and it will live up to expectations...

LL62 -SICK FRIENDLIES, LUIGI SUCKS BUT YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE. Also apparently you're famous or something? lol

SD - We didn't play friendlies, for some reason we never play, we should play because we're always at smash things etc.

Nightmare - Yo good games, really helping me warm up at the start lol@3stocks.

Jus - adsfiasdpfoinadspoiunrtaspdpoispmnoiap8up4jikl;dlkmsa;kfmd;lkaf;dlkma;ldf

How2 - Good friendlies, PICK AAAAA CHARACTERRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Kiwi: Me and Justin were watching you in pools, and it was absolutely BREAKING OUR HEARTS. You'd like, GODREAD everything you're opponent was doing and just like, missss everryything. Actually like ALWAYS the right decision it was so tragic. Just play more and be more confident and you'll all of a sudden be amazing.

Marik - Good matches, they were alot of fun. NOT TOO SURE ABOUT THE GANON CP VS SHEIK =(.

Tobe - GGs, you have a ton of potential just play more and you'll get way better.

Gichan: Super super thanks for putting this together, it was awesome to finally have a tournament go down!

G U R U

Smash Lord
lol, just play your own game next time yo. it's less distracting to both of us i'm sure. it's better than a phantom fair at least lol.

but seriously, next time, play your own game. it was **** annoying hearing zen list every command like you were his remote. i'm not gonna john about it, but it was ****ing annoying as ****
Hey it's not like I asked Zen to do that and if you were annoyed by it so much why didn't you just ask him to leave. Simple as that. Don't say nothing and then come on the boards and ***** like you had no say in the matter.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
Actually, I really did have no say in the matter. I approached Josh during our set, and he said there was nothing we can really do about coaching. But you thought I asked him what to ban LOL

It's kay, w/e, I still won, so I'm happy :laugh: two birds with one rock =)

edit:

correction: josh said there was no rule in the tourney against coaching, thus i couldn't really do much. i'm just telling you next time to just be a big enough sport to play your own game. no hate =p

G U R U

Smash Lord
Actually, I really did have no say in the matter. I approached Josh during our set, and he said there was nothing we can really do about coaching. But you thought I asked him what to ban LOL

It's kay, w/e, I still won, so I'm happy :laugh: two birds with one rock =)
Ya know you could have just told me and I would have made Zen leave.

Man if you're *****ing this much when you won I would've hate to see how you act when you lose. You and Zen both are way to serious about this game. Chill the **** out and have some fun.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
Man if you're *****ing this much when you won I would've hate to see how you act when you lose. You and Zen both are way to serious about this game. Chill the **** out and have some fun.
lmao, i'm apparently *****in when i'm telling you to play your own game. i'm not saying anything about the coaching itself.

and sure, you can thinkw hat you want :laugh:

"that was sarcasm" hahhaha

jokes

G U R U

Smash Lord
lmao, i'm apparently *****in when i'm telling you to play your own game. i'm not saying anything about the coaching itself.

and sure, you can thinkw hat you want :laugh:

"that was sarcasm" hahhaha

jokes
So you're saying that I'm the one at fault here because I didn't tell Zen to leave on my own accord when he wasn't annoying to me at all because I'm not like Mew2King and need dead silence to play good and I'm somehow supposed to read your mind when you don't say anything. KK totally my fault :glare:

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
So you're saying that I'm the one at fault here because I didn't tell Zen to leave on my own accord when he wasn't annoying to me at all because I'm not like Mew2King and need dead silence to play good and I'm somehow supposed to read your mind when you don't say anything. KK totally my fault :glare:
he didn't have to leave, and i didn't need dead silence >_>

i just wanted it to be me vs. my opponent >_>
when i say play your own game i don't mean to attack you by saying you should eliminate all sources of coaching, but you yourself shouldn't really allow it. think about it, if you won, would you feel that good?

this was like my first gta tourney in forever and i wanted it to be good lol and it was

G U R U

Smash Lord
If I had won it would've been like any other win to me regardless of if Zen was coaching/hyping me or not. This is what I'm saying. To me, Zen there was just like any other match but apparently to you it was not. If you had one of your friends there doing the exact same thing on your side I wouldn't have said a thing because frankly I could care less.

Bing

Smash Master
aww guys, its warms my heart to see the love.

I had to leave early cause I had to be in Niagara by 10, so I left at 7, bus/subway home brought me to 8:20, left my house at 8:30 and got home at 9:50

But seriously, next time, its gunna be different. I've been putting in hardcore work lately,

LL62: Defs man, Ima work on my Mario for teams, and we'll so take it next time, even past RaynFord and whatever else they throw at us :p

Top Bottom