• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TAKE THAT! Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney smashes the prosecution!

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Hey, I think I may be on to something here (or just desperation for FP5 news...), but did anyone here see Nintendo's holiday sweepstakes (link: https://happyholidays.nintendo.com/sweepstakes/ )? They had themed gift packs for different games, Mario got some Mario merch, Overwatch had some Overwatch goodies. On 12/12, same day as the Game Awards, they had their Smash pack titled "A New Prize has Appeared". It featured a copy of Smash and a BLUE SUIT. A blue suit with Mario print, but still a blue suit. I thought it was kind of a strange choice, unless it's a hint for FP5... I'm probably just looking into it too much, but it just felt like such an odd choice to go with Smash.
First time seeing that suit, wooooow that is one busy suit for one busy man

Krankees

Smash Ace
Silvagunner does it again. Jazz Scrum Debate theme into Jazz Presto 2009, I can't get enough of it.

Last edited:

Peripuff

Smash Journeyman
I might be being a bit too hopeful that, after Joker, we've had at least one character that wasn't all but "confirmed" a couple days before. Kinda miss the wild west of pre-release Ultimate, where I think the only character that got leaked like that was Simon due to Nintendo accidentally shooting their self in the foot on that one.
Every character got leaked except :ultkrool:, :ultdaisy:, :ultchrom:, :ultdarksamus:, and :ultrichter:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Ken was a particularly memorable leak for being the only one outside of Simon that was near-impossible to doubt, thanks to being very obviously in-game footage.
I saw someone in one of my Discord servers say the Ken leak was "proven fake" and the fact that Ken came out and had that exact same model and taunt was just a lucky happenstance.

This is a person who's known in my server as someone who despises leaks, and I was just amazed at how far they had their head up their ass.

Last edited:

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
Silvagunner does it again. Jazz Scrum Debate theme into Jazz Presto 2009, I can't get enough of it.

Building off of that, would everyone mind voting for Phoenix and Monokuma? They're in the final four of the tournament and whoever loses in the next round will be eliminated.
Go Vote Here!
Click on the link in the description of the video to vote.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
All these final contestants are so cool, love love LOVED Mariya's "Chinatown", good one of ya linked one of these remixes, now I went over most of the history of these events and am all hype for this and hopefully next year's if they do another! I can't believe (I mean I guess I can but still pwsh) they really pulled out the Mystery Skulls, that Turntable Turnabout, and it got such special treatment ha! That's like...7 years old now, wow

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
I kinda wished Daft Punk got into the final 4 instead of Missingno., but I'm pretty happy that Law & Disorder are still in the tournament. I just hope they don't lose right now, because now the losers bracket are no more.

Last edited:

Krankees

Smash Ace
I kinda wished Daft Punk got into the final 4 instead of Missingno., but I'm pretty happy that Law & Disorder are still in the tournament. I just hope they don't lose right now, because now the losers bracket are no more.
I wouldn't be mad if DJ Professor K beat L&D. He's had some great remixes.

THE SLOTH

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-6683-7510-3712
Not to sound like a traitor, but if Missingno. makes it to finals, I’m voting for them. I generally enjoy their sources and arrangements and while L&D’s arrangements are great too, I really only care for Ace Attorney, and that makes up only a fraction of the sourcelist. But hey, may the best man win regardless. I only caught wind of this year’s tournament a couple rounds in, hoping to catch it sooner next year if we get a third.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I only wish that Weird Al & Beat It or Daft Punk & Pharrell had made it over Missingno, but L&D, Mariya, and DJ Professor K were my favorites! L&D vs. Professor K is my ideal final, I think, and I can't decide who I want to win more since I love both competitors and their sources.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I voted for Daft Punk over Missingno, so many dual remixes with Daft Punk were amazing, that uhh "Robotnik Rock Star" is super amazing to me haha, love Robotnik's voice and learned about how this dude who made these celebrated youtube...uhh...poops, was the same one who made "Objecton Funk"! iteachvader, and the original Robotnik Rock is really great too! And the mix Daft Punk had with Mr. Krabs, DJ Professor K, it's all so good, hopefully they mix it up with Phoenix&Monokuma sometime!

But Missingno's mixes have been cool too, round 1 with Prof K, but even on its own I love "Data_Value_[Nullvoid]" and the PETSCOP remix aaa!!! "Level 2" of Petscop is such a jam <3 Hope Missingno gets some Doki Doki Literature Club soon! Maybe as a mix with Mariya?? But yeah! This has been lots of fun! Daft Punk had a great run, hope Papyrus gets a better run as a veteran in the next one of these, but he didn't do too bad either! Maybe next time he can get access to all Undertale <3

THE SLOTH

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-6683-7510-3712
... hope Papyrus gets a better run as a veteran in the next one of these, but he didn't do too bad either! Maybe next time he can get access to all Undertale <3
As much as I would love it, I think anyone with all of Undertale OST as a source would either dominate the bracket because of a strong/vocal fanbase or get vote-bombed because of how often it already appears on the channel.

In other news, Hat Kid appeared as a bonus character on the mojo, so I'm thinking the team realized how much people wanted her in, so it may/may not lock her in for next year? I hope, at least, Hat in Time's OST is full of bangers, and there aren't a lot of remixes out there beyond Your Contract Has Expired/Rush Hour, as good as those songs are. Glad Jazz Cats supplied with Nyakuza Manholes, at least.

Ahem, back on the topic of Wright, though! I hope L&D at least make Top 2. If Missingno. and them both make it to finals, I'll be happy whatever the result, since the runner-up gets a fusion collab. If L&D doesn't win this year, I think their source list should be broadened to music from their games, music related to mysteries/court cases, and music from other visual novels in general, since "mystery-based games" and "mysteries" kinda overlap. Speaking of DDLC, maybe pair one of them/all of them with Wright and Monokuma for some real chaos. The Mystery Trio/Mystery Club, anyone?

Sonsa

Smash Champion
As much as I would love it, I think anyone with all of Undertale OST as a source would either dominate the bracket because of a strong/vocal fanbase or get vote-bombed because of how often it already appears on the channel.

In other news, Hat Kid appeared as a bonus character on the mojo, so I'm thinking the team realized how much people wanted her in, so it may/may not lock her in for next year? I hope, at least, Hat in Time's OST is full of bangers, and there aren't a lot of remixes out there beyond Your Contract Has Expired/Rush Hour, as good as those songs are. Glad Jazz Cats supplied with Nyakuza Manholes, at least.

Ahem, back on the topic of Wright, though! I hope L&D at least make Top 2. If Missingno. and them both make it to finals, I'll be happy whatever the result, since the runner-up gets a fusion collab. If L&D doesn't win this year, I think their source list should be broadened to music from their games, music related to mysteries/court cases, and music from other visual novels in general, since "mystery-based games" and "mysteries" kinda overlap. Speaking of DDLC, maybe pair one of them/all of them with Wright and Monokuma for some real chaos. The Mystery Trio/Mystery Club, anyone?
Oh interesting!
And ohh, right, since DDLC is a visual novel and kind of a mystery game, Missigno should get that mix with L&D! Ooh, hope they do it!
And ayy if anyone from DDLC becomes a contestant in the future, hmm... I mean I guess it has to be Monika! With sources like uhh Poems, Dating Sim music, aaand...well I guess Missigno's stuff if it doesn't come back, glitches and creepypasta are kinda perfect for her! Oh, plus some piano stuff!
And if they did what you're saying...well I think it'd be too strong, but calling em a club would be my vote! Doki doki... something...ehh, some sort of club with a cool name, drawing a blank now!

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019

For real? A Hat In Time's OST is incredible so I'd be pumped if they did something like Hat Kid and Cappy from Mario Odyssey as a dual team. Make their source list anything about hats and 3D platformers.

Northadox

Smash Apprentice
Who said we needed Ace Attorney rips to eliminate the competition?

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I never liked this song before, I mean I never hated it or anything, but, wow, this remix is so good and now I love it and the mystery is FINALLY SOLVED AFTER ALL THESE YEARS WOAH! <3

Edit: WAIT SO THEY GET "WHAT IS LOVE"? YO

Last edited:

Heoj

Smash Ace
Im pretty new to this support thread as i mostly hang around in the geno support thread, but ive been playing the ace attorney trilogy on switch and im at the 5th chapter of the first game, and so far its probably one of my favourite games and phoenix is pretty much one of my most wanted now, so i hope he makes it in some day!

Also i hope law and disorder wins but i would be happy with mariya or prof k.
Btw do law and disorder get gravity falls?

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Im pretty new to this support thread as i mostly hang around in the geno support thread, but ive been playing the ace attorney trilogy on switch and im at the 5th chapter of the first game, and so far its probably one of my favourite games and phoenix is pretty much one of my most wanted now, so i hope he makes it in some day!

Also i hope law and disorder wins but i would be happy with mariya or prof k.
Btw do law and disorder get gravity falls?
Yeah, L&D gets Gravity Falls.

THE SLOTH

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-6683-7510-3712
The results are in: Mariya beat Missingno. in Loser's Finals, and DJ Professor K beat L&D in Winner's Finals, both by a very close margin! Not the outcomes I was hoping for, but Mariya/K both got strong sources, so the finals should be very interesting!

and now that L&D's out we don't have a legit reason to talk about KfAD in this thread any more rip

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Ugh... sucks, oh well.
K and Mariya are both cool, between em I'm not sure who to vote for... K makes dual mixes way cooler but Mariya's "Fightclub Chinatown" alone speaks to my soul, I dunno!

Edit: Also, uh, Phoenix and/or Monokuma in Smash would be real neat, since, kfad talk, yeah, doesn't seem really on-topic anymore. And also I really want em and all that

Last edited:

Krankees

Smash Ace
The results are in: Mariya beat Missingno. in Loser's Finals, and DJ Professor K beat L&D in Winner's Finals, both by a very close margin! Not the outcomes I was hoping for, but Mariya/K both got strong sources, so the finals should be very interesting!

and now that L&D's out we don't have a legit reason to talk about KfAD in this thread any more rip
Well if a cornered song pops up we can still bring it up here or something.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
It's so silly how perfect this went for Monokuma, getting this far and then that's it not even loser's bracket for us, augh, that's despair yeah haha, but I don't think Nick minds either way that much at all! Whatever, a great run, hope they come back next time and people don't suspect some sort of cheating just cause they're doing so well since they're cool!

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
It has been confirmed on SiIvacord that both Law & Disorder and Missingno. are getting a small prize for getting so close in the tournament. I'm glad we're getting something atleast.

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, as much as I love Phoenix, I had to vote for K. That Teknopathetic remix was way better than L&Ds recent offerings, in my opinion. I wish they had more rips of non-AA/DR sources, as there was a lot of potential that was missed when it came to mystery-related stuff.

Last edited:

Arctiq

Smash Journeyman
Just finished Apollo Justice. What a fantastic game. Now I need to replay DD and SoJ.

Krankees

Smash Ace
Mariya, K, and MissingNo all got rips after the results, yet I'm still waiting for just one L&D song. The other songs are still good though.
ok i have no idea whats happening
Just a YouTube thing for a channel called Silvagunner. We vote which character should take over the channel and have music rips posted that are based on their source list. If you don't watch Silvagunner I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Last edited:

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
I want to believe Capcom got a bit better these last few years hearing fans with releases like MM11, DMC5 and RE2 Remake to be hopeful on an AA7 announcement not being that far off, it's not like it's in the same state as Darkstalkers or Breath of Fire of inactivity (ports and mobile games don't count).

Krankees

Smash Ace
I don't want to be a downer but hasn't Capcom always stuck to revealing Ace Attorney at TGS. I haven't found a game that hasn't been revealed at TGS including all the spinoffs. I'm not saying there's a rule where they always reveal at TGS but it is concerning. However, Jump Festa is similar to TGS being a Japanese event which makes an AA7 announcement more likely.

Caladuz

Smash Apprentice
If we do get AA7 at jumpfest do you guys think it hurts phoenix's chances of being FP5? I'd imagine they would have the reveal at around the same time if he was.

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
If we do get AA7 at jumpfest do you guys think it hurts phoenix's chances at being FP5? I'd imagine they would have the reveal at around the same time if he was.
Dragon Quest XI S was constantly brought up during Hero's presentation, and that game was revealed long before Hero himself was revealed as Smash DLC.

At worst, I don't see an Ace Attorney 7 announcement having any positive or negative impact on Wright's chances at all, since the series' general popularity alone would mean he has a chance regardless of any upcoming games. If anything, I think it would actually help his chances a bit, since it's something that a Smash inclusion could easily tie into like Hero's did with Dragon Quest XI S.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Not expecting AA7 at Jump Fest at all, especially with all the talk surrounding other IPs they have.

I think it could be next year, but also expecting the reveal the same year. They have announced new games prior to TGS. Spirit of Justice was announced before TGS, they simply revealed more information at that event.

Last edited:
Top Bottom