• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TAKE THAT! Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney smashes the prosecution!

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Always start in chronological order, fellas.

Anyone got a stage idea besides The Courtroom? Obviously the chances of it NOT being there near impossible but spitballing ideas could be fun. The Wright Anything Agency is a potential setting that is as common.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

Anyone got a stage idea besides The Courtroom? Obviously the chances of it NOT being there near impossible but spitballing ideas could be fun. The Wright Anything Agency is a potential setting that is as common.
i suppose we'd have three platfrom based on the judge's bench as well as defence and prosecution over a flat ground

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
i suppose we'd have three platfrom based on the judge's bench as well as defence and prosecution over a flat ground
The perspective would be interesting here. It would be a stage where the only way to be KO'd would be getting knocked to the side, probably where the jury's seats are. Apollo, Edgeworth, and the Judge could all be background fixtures arguing and throwing objections about a case.

For the platforms, the ground would be the courtroom floor. The defense and prosecution's bench are small platforms that could be stood on (and hidden behind, near where the attorneys stand). Then, the highest platforms go to the judge's bench; the three tables that are in front of the Judge. It would be funny if no one else realized what was going on, but the Judge eventually sees them, goes wide-eyed with confusion, and hides behind the chair until they're back down to a lower level.

OhMyBanana54

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1628-5145-3801
Add me to the list of supporters! I love ace attorney and UMVC3 showed that Phoenix Wright would be an amazing character. Anyway...
Maybe the Court lobby? It could be a one-ended walk off. Maybe the door could even break and lead into the courtroom.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

Not really, but it would be neat if it were to turn into the courtroom from Turnabout for Tomorrow.

You know what I’m referring to when I say turn.

smash puffle

Smash Ace
Honestly, if we're talking about stages, I would pick somewhere in Khura'in. Either the Inner Sanctum in the mountains or Tehm'pul Temple. After all, Spirit of Justice is still the latest game in the mainline series, so I would see Nintendo putting a stage from the most recent game in.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing

What about the Palace of Khura'in from Spirit of Justice, considering it IS the most recent game.

Plus, in an oriental themed Ace Attorney stage, there's a a better chance we can hear the Steel Samurai theme as music!

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
While it might be kind of spoilery, maybe Dusky Bridge would work as a more traditional stage?

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Well well, this direct may have helped the boi somewhat.

1. Monster Hunter is disconfirmed. It was the other Capcom character with rich Nintendo links.
2. We have three Konami characters, meaning the door is open for a third Capcom character.

Of course, that means Ken is now a top contender due to being more iconic, easier to make, and third party series can now have two characters in. Not to mention Resident Evil and Devil May Cry may lurk about, even with limited or no Nintendo presence.

With a new Ace Attorney looking set to be announced next month at the TGS that Nintendo are going, hey, just maybe...there's a chance.

And when there's a chance, you have to pull through! That's what Phoenix would say.

Last edited:

Space Detective

Smash Journeyman
1. Monster Hunter is disconfirmed.
Ehh, not really IMO. While it would be strange as hell to reveal a Monster Hunter stage well before the character, it's not something that seems out of the question to me.

Also, hello! Sign me up as a supporter, Mr. Wright is actually my number 1 most wanted character.

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468
I want to believe so much, but Phoenix Wright feels like the least likely of my final four wants. I need to look over the evidence again.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Put me on the supporters' list! Hoping our spiky haired attorney makes it in with Layton. :p
Hey, I'm a bit new here. First time posting, but what's this about a supporter's list? I know I for one, certainly support Mr. Wright joining the fray to solve all these murders that have been going on lately in the Smash community. XD

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
If he makes it in as a fighter, he would be a great deal of fun; he's certainly an unconventional character, he would stand out. I'd even be satisfied with him as an Assist Trophy.

NintenJen

Smash Cadet
NNID
DictatorChoco
Hey, I'm a bit new here. First time posting, but what's this about a supporter's list? I know I for one, certainly support Mr. Wright joining the fray to solve all these murders that have been going on lately in the Smash community. XD
Usually character support threads have a supporter's list located on the original post of the thread. You just request to be added by posting and you'll put on the supporter's list for the character.

Also, good point! Wright should definitely look into all the murder cases going on here!

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I can't believe I never posted here before. Phoenix Wright and Professor Layton are my two most wanted third parties for Smash Ultimate. Of course I support him!

Here's hoping the Ace Attorney series will at least receive some acknowledgement in the game.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I can't believe I never posted here before. Phoenix Wright and Professor Layton are my two most wanted third parties for Smash Ultimate. Of course I support him!

Here's hoping the Ace Attorney series will at least receive some acknowledgement in the game.
well we have a galaga melody for pac-land perhaps we could have the objection theme for wily castle

KirbyMonadoBoy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shulkinator
Phoenix still has a chance! We have Mega Man, Street Fighter and Monster Hunter representation, so why not Ace Attorney as well?
And I want be on the supporter list as well, Phoenix Wright is actually my most wanted newcomer (followed by Paper Mario and Sora). I can't believe this thread only has so few posts compared to other threads.
Apollo Justice as an Echo Fighter would be so cool.

Willbot

Smash Rookie
You have my support. I'd also love to see an Edgeworth echo to go along with him, like the Simon/Richter combo.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Conspiracy Time

What if all these deaths in the Smash trailers are secretly a roundabout way of teasing Phoenix's inclusion! His trailer opens with him in court, reading the Court Record's information regarding the mysterious case of the missing Blue Bomber and Mario! But then, right as he's about to suffer a his last penalty after presenting the incorrect evidence...

OBJECTION!

Samus bursts in yelling OBJECTION! And drops the truth of the matter that Ridley is the murderer and she's a direct witness!

Cue Music.

PHOENIX WRIGHT TAKES A STAND!

Cue Gameplay.

End of the trailer is Ridley screeching while the HOLD IT! Bubble appears.

:3

Last edited:

Handy Man

Smash Ace
With my most wanted choice King K. Rool making it into the roster, Phoenix Wright has became my new most wanted character choice. I do not expect him, but it would be great to have Phoenix Wright playable with an Apollo Justice echo fighter. I've played the Ace Attorney games so many times, it feels right for them to have justice after being only available on Nintendo systems outside of ports.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I feel like it's noteworthy to point out that if the Smash exit poll is accurate....

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...w5m-b4JHJ0_cGRKU15KYlTe1E/edit#gid=1483868529

It would mean that Phoenix Wright was the most requested Capcom character. I still think Ken is more likely as an echo and an easy Capcom rep....but if they decide to add a unique newcomer from Capcom it could actually be Phoenix Wright. (which seems mad to me but there you go)

and that's potentially even more possible now considering it doesn't look like Monster Hunter is getting a playable rep.

If nothing else I think the chances of Phoenix Wright being a guest assist trophy is looking really high now.

Last edited:

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468
Just imagine the music we could get as well if Phoenix Wright were in. Just all of the different pursuits alone would be amazing.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I feel like it's noteworthy to point out that if the Smash exit poll is accurate....

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...w5m-b4JHJ0_cGRKU15KYlTe1E/edit#gid=1483868529

It would mean that Phoenix Wright was the most requested Capcom character. I still think Ken is more likely as an echo and an easy Capcom rep....but if they decide to add a unique newcomer from Capcom it could actually be Phoenix Wright. (which seems mad to me but there you go)

and that's potentially even more possible now considering it doesn't look like Monster Hunter is getting a playable rep.

If nothing else I think the chances of Phoenix Wright being a guest assist trophy is looking really high now.
It is an interesting spreadsheet that shows he has backing, but that doesn't have Chrom or Dark Samus on it and Sakurai said they were highly requested.

He has a chance: Takumi and Sakurai are pals, Capcom put Phoenix in a lot of other titles for a crossover, and he has fighting game expertise already. It's a long shot, but it is possible if everyone wants it. I still think DLC might be the best bet here, though.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
It is an interesting spreadsheet that shows he has backing, but that doesn't have Chrom or Dark Samus on it and Sakurai said they were highly requested.

He has a chance: Takumi and Sakurai are pals, Capcom put Phoenix in a lot of other titles for a crossover, and he has fighting game expertise already. It's a long shot, but it is possible if everyone wants it. I still think DLC might be the best bet here, though.
Chrom is on it actually, he's a bit further down the list. Also those two are echo fighters so they didn't need to perform as strongly in order to get in.

I don't really buy that Dark Samus was highly requested. Back during speculation for the last game I don't think I ever saw people supporting her. (it's only since echoes became a thing that I've seen people really getting behind her) It was mostly Ridley along with the occasional Sylux.

Also if what has been said about Bayonetta not being the ballot winner is to believed, it's possible they're not telling the entire truth. I mean they're not going to say "these characters had some support behind them but there were other unique characters who placed higher but would have been harder to implement so here are these somewhat popular echo fighters instead".

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I can see Dark Samus having high numbers due to one reason: Ridley was disconfirmed for Smash 4, which the ballot was about to most voters. She was the next Metroid character on the food chain.

Anyway it would be cool if all the murders in the trailers were building up to an investigation conducted by Phoenix, especially since Mega Man is one of the victims. He mostly goes into cases being dragged by others (some exceptions excluded, of course. Mostly personal ones) so it would be fitting that he gets into Smash being dragged into it.

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
I can see Dark Samus having high numbers due to one reason: Ridley was disconfirmed for Smash 4, which the ballot was about to most voters. She was the next Metroid character on the food chain.

Anyway it would be cool if all the murders in the trailers were building up to an investigation conducted by Phoenix, especially since Mega Man is one of the victims. He mostly goes into cases being dragged by others (some exceptions excluded, of course. Mostly personal ones) so it would be fitting that he gets into Smash being dragged into it.
that would be the best trailer for him honestly

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
So hypothetically we get Edgeworth as an echo, what differences would he get? Animation changes for personality and stances a given, but for moves I'd like to see him more confident and instead of Maya helping him (if she were in Phoenix's moveset) it would be Gumshoe. Evidence would also be tweaked to be more prosecutor-based.

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
So hypothetically we get Edgeworth as an echo, what differences would he get? Animation changes for personality and stances a given, but for moves I'd like to see him more confident and instead of Maya helping him (if she were in Phoenix's moveset) it would be Gumshoe. Evidence would also be tweaked to be more prosecutor-based.
maybe the knockbacks would be different too?

Black Magician

Smash Apprentice
maybe the knockbacks would be different too?
That's a good idea! Maybe Phoenix deals more damage/greater knockback the more damaged he is (not giving up until the end, holding on for that turnabout, etc.). Edgeworth in contrast could be more aggressive, with moves that are stronger when hitting damaged enemies. That would be tricky to balance, but it gets the defence/prosecution thing across.

SonicMario

Smash Master
When I music modded Smash 4. I did a clever usage of most of the Street Fighter tracks that get a faster tempo version when the match is either in the last minute or when there are two people left and one person is on their last stock. I put all 3 of the cross-examination music from the first 3 games on their regular tempo as the main music. But then the cross-examination music when you're on the final one when on the last minute and/or last stock.

Would be cool to seeing that done more officially though.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I imagine Phoenix being more like Roy and Edgeworth like Marth. As in, while Edgeworth values precise strikes Phoenix goes all out.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
i might make sense for nick to have a sweet spot at his finger tip like marth's sword
I see it as the opposite. Edgeworth has the sweet spot, Nick just hits hard with the whole arm. And Apollo has a sweet spot in his armpit.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
If Phoenix does end up being an assist trophy, I hope we get Maya alongside him. It just makes sense for them to come as a package deal.

Top Bottom