• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TAKE THAT! Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney smashes the prosecution!

KirbyMonadoBoy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shulkinator
Wyoming Wyoming
Agreed, Turnabout Melody was fantastic. Far better than the "normal" episodes, those are rather underwhelming. I would even go so far and say every Ace Attorney fan should at least watch episode 6 of the season 2 anime, since it doesn't require any knowledge from presvious episodes and is just so enjoyable on its own.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Wonder if that harms his chances. Would they make this if an amiibo was in the works?

Granted the Smash Phoenix would be trilogy Phoenix. So...maybe not? In fact it's a little odd they'd go with the time skip design considering the classic look is the iconic one.

Doesn't mean anything but a rather peculiar choice.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Wonder if that harms his chances. Would they make this if an amiibo was in the works?

Granted the Smash Phoenix would be trilogy Phoenix. So...maybe not? In fact it's a little odd they'd go with the time skip design considering the classic look is the iconic one.

Doesn't mean anything but a rather peculiar choice.
If this was a Totaku figure, I could understand the concern, but statues are a little too heavy for scanning.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
More so talking about whether or not Capcom would have two 'figurines' of sorts of Phoenix out at roughly the same time rather than functionality.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
More so talking about whether or not Capcom would have two 'figurines' of sorts of Phoenix out at roughly the same time rather than functionality.
Meh, plenty of companies do this. Heck, Megaman has two amiibos now anyway. Not like an amiibo for Phoenix would release soon enough to be in competition with this statue.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
More footage shown by GameXplain for the single-player content. Elma spotted as a Spirit as are the Rabbids. No sign of Phoenix I hear.

Either he is in or we are getting nowt...probably the latter

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Well, so far so good I guess. At worst, Spirits are de-confirmation for Season 1 Pass anyway.

Still though, with all the evidence we've accumulated, the further we go without seeing Phoenix Wright as a spirit, the better.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Rayman's out. Even if Spirits don't disconfirm entirely it is a big blow for a third party character to be one I feel. A fatal one if I say so myself.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Rayman's out. Even if Spirits don't disconfirm entirely it is a big blow for a third party character to be one I feel. A fatal one if I say so myself.
All the more reason we should be thankful Feenie hasn't been spotted.

Granted, I don't think spirits are absolute deconfirmations.

That said, Bandana Dee has also been confirmed as a spirit as well. And 3rd Party-wise, Julius Belmont is too.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
All the more reason we should be thankful Feenie hasn't been spotted.

Granted, I don't think spirits are absolute deconfirmations.

That said, Bandana Dee has also been confirmed as a spirit as well. And 3rd Party-wise, Julius Belmont is too.
Most of the Castlevania protagonists are spirits. I was excited because Juste Belmont and Shanoa both showed up at points during the Direct. Plus a bunch of Metal Gear spirits are around. Otacon's is hilarious.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
It's a Spirit fight against Dr. Mario and ROB, with ROB in all metal. Dr. Mario represents Hal, of course, who helped invent the Metal Geat Rex, which is represented by ROB. It was that fight alone that sold me on Spirit Battles. I can't wait to see them all.
Ummmm, last I checked, the spirit within Dr. Mario actually is Hal.

An Archie

Smash Cadet
Has anyone spotted 3rd party spirits that aren't part of a franchise represented by fighters? That could be interesting for Phoenix.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Has anyone spotted 3rd party spirits that aren't part of a franchise represented by fighters? That could be interesting for Phoenix.
Shantae and Rayman come to mind. No Ace Attorney spirits have been spotted yet, for better or for worse, but a lot of our competition has.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Saw Chun-Li's name circling around.

C'mon Capcom she's cool and all but you have other series besides Street Fighter you know!!!

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Nah that she was cut due to dev time and replaced by Ken.

Do not personally believe it but eh we will find out once it is datamined.
The reason I don't believe it is because Sakurai actually said in his latest column that no characters were cut from the initial project plan. I'll take his word over others. And also, as much as I love Ken, hearing that we could've had Chun instead breaks my heart :(

NobleClamtasm

Smash Journeyman
I would absolutely love Phoenix in Smash! As DLC, I think he has potential to bring a lot. The series has so many good music tracks, along with an iconic courtroom stage, which would be amazing. There's not many other characters that can bring as much as Phoenix.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Monster Hunter under fighters category in music via datamining.

Game over.

SupriceSupplies

Smash Journeyman
Monster Hunter under fighters category in music via datamining.

Game over.
I've heard as much, and I've confirmed it for myself.

1543010078275.png

Meanwhile, the likes of tomodachi life and electroplankton are under the same category.

With Rathalos already being in the game, this means that Monster Hunter was almost definitely at least planned to be playable. Or they're (still) being planned for DLC. I always considered Monster Hunter and Phoenix Wright to be top candidates for capcom DLC, so while it isn't too much of a surprise for me, it does lessen my hopes for Phoenix, much to my dismay. Monster Hunter has an extreme edge over us now.

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Edit: I shouldn't say stuff without sources haha
I guess it's better to take the loss now though and maybe by some miracle be pleasantly surprised? Anyway interesting fiiind... :')

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Think we'll see a clearer picture once everything settles down.

EDIT: WE LIVIN BOYS

Last edited:

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
That said, while I don't see how Monster Hunter music would've lessened Phoenix Wright's chances, good news all the same.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Because it was originally thought to be under the fighters category.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Survived the potential Spirit purge. It has 1297 spirits. Wow!
Some third parties are included such as Geno, Rayman, Shantae, Shovel Knight,
Piranha Plant is not a spirit. Neither is the Monster Hunter itself so it may still happen.

No progress made, some potential hurdles even, but we're still kicking after the entire game's leak.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
you guys know that assist trophies have been listed under fighters before right?
Yeah, but music was also thought to be listed around victory music, implying a cut character yadda yadda! And there is a weird skip in victory music, but apparently it's nothing sooo...? ...????? It's kinda a mess, but the point is that it was totally fair to assume actual "fighter" stuff!

And wow, 1297...! ......I wonder if DLC Fighters would come with a few spirits... Piranha Plant is a bonus, I don't expect them to bring too many friends, but, if Phoenix got in...?

Ace Attorney Spirit Battles could beee!:
-Zelda as Maya at Sazaku Castle! Doing all sorts of ~magical~ attacks?
-Zero Suit Samus as Franziska, preferring side-special, up-smash, and zair! On...well it would have to be the hopeful Courtroom stage!
-Isabelle as Missle! At uh...Great Bay? For an attempt at a "Gourd Lake" feel...?
-Piranha Plant as Charley haha There's no "Office" stage, but a few city ones! New Donk or Fourside would work fine!
-King Dedede as the Judge! Preferring F-Smash and Dair! At...well, yeah, a Courtroom!
-.....Snake as Myriam Scuttlebutt, only taunting to hide in the box haha We don't have a school stage huh? I guess New Donk then!
I wanna represent Athena and Trucy too, but not quite sure who'd be best to represent them...
And Phoenix himself would represent Edgeworth, Apollo, and Godot with alternate colors and shouting Objection and all that~ Didn't expect to ramble on about that for that long, whoops! Also thinking about Mii costumes all of a sudden! Steel Samurai jumps out as a possibility! Ooh, Mask*DeMasque too! Godot's visor is iconic, that too!

Calamitas

Smash Champion
I have to wonder though. Are we certain that being a spirit deconfirms a fighter truly?
Definitely not certain yet. On the one hand, it wouldn't really make sense if that were the case, since then we could easily narrow it down to who may or may not be DLC fighters. But on the other hand. . . well, there's just no way to say for certain until we actually get a new DLC character announced.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
It doesn't help that there's currently no sign of a Pirahna Plant spirit.

On the one hand, if true, this could be a good point in Phoenix's favor.

KirbyMonadoBoy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shulkinator
Do you think there might be a chance of Phoenix Wright showing up at the Game Awards? Maybe Nintendo has something to announce for Smash (either the first DLC fighter or a free Smash Update with new modes for December). And we were told that 2018 will be great for Ace Attorney fans… now there are only a few weeks left. Probably there won't be anything, but maybe... maybe… a miracle can happen?

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Do you think there might be a chance of Phoenix Wright showing up at the Game Awards? Maybe Nintendo has something to announce for Smash (either the first DLC fighter or a free Smash Update with new modes for December). And we were told that 2018 will be great for Ace Attorney fans… now there are only a few weeks left. Probably there won't be anything, but maybe... maybe… a miracle can happen?
It's certainly a possibility. Ace Attorney is the closest 2019 release notable to come too from Capcom IIRC. The timing would be nice too.

Top Bottom