• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Take It! Next Monthly August 10 Appleton, WI *Updates, see first post*

Black Hayate

Smash Lord
i dont' even know if i'm going to this @_@
i might..... i might not

zig-zag, is jazz coming with you? if he's not, let's team

i'll make sure i don't d33ked like cc5

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
Okokokok, so, I had a vision.

Lonejedi, having won 4th place at this tourny, piles together the entirety of his $8 winnings (+$2 to round it up to entry fee!) and turns it into 1,000 pennies. Then, having finally tasted the feeling of winning cash at a smash brothers tournament, decides to swim around in his miniature prize-sea. All the while muttering to himself: "OMFG THIS MUST BE WHAT PC CHRIS FEELS LIKE!!11!1!!" :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
HAHAHA, that was actually pretty funny, but I have won money before, so that kinda takes away from your joke.

Take it! Will have more than 20 people though. You don't understand Fastest, maybe you forgot, but without me, without that first CC tourney, you wouldn't have any money to win anymore from Wisconsin. The First CCs, no matter how much they sucked, was what got the Smash Community going in WI. Before the CC, there was You, Tapion, Crash, Sauce, EOF, and some of EOF's trainees, like BH, and KSSB. But the majority of people who play in WI today, play because I had tournies on a semi regular basis. Face it, without my tournies, all the money you won, would not be near as much, because at WHITE, Eddie, Tink and Tapion would win the money, and you would have no cash.

So yes, maybe I haven't won that much money, but without me, you would not have either.

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
i dont' even know if i'm going to this @_@
i might..... i might not

zig-zag, is jazz coming with you? if he's not, let's team

i'll make sure i don't d33ked like cc5
Jazz is confusing me. He said he may go, but its really up in the air at this point. I imagine there's a good chance of him coming to one of the WI tournies Im going to, at least. But Im not sure. If he doesnt though, I have no problem teaming with you.

Fastest

Smash Ace
So yes, maybe I haven't won that much money, but without me, you would not have either.
This idea isn't new. Southern Wisconsin has always held the notion that you guys exist solely to give us money. :laugh::laugh:

Just the same as we perhaps solely exist to give Chicago money. :cool::cool:

We don't play this game for the money. You're not doing anyone charity by hosting anything up there. It's not like southern Wisconsin was sitting around waiting for you guys to become more competitive. I understand the point you're trying to make, but I don't understand what relevance it has.

Yay! You host and have hosted smash tournaments. :cool::cool::lick:
Hooray! Southern WI wins money by utilizing vestigial smash skills from ancient days when they actually cared to become good at the game. :cool::lick::laugh::cool:
Stupendous! Northern WI is and has gotten better! Now, they poise a challenge to Southern WI! ;):embarrass:chuckle:
Sadness! Southern WI is generally apathetic and has no aspirations with Smash anymore! :confused::mad::(
Hooray! We still play because it's fun! And we can make money! Though it's getting harder to do so! :urg::psycho::chuckle::lick:

If you haven't noticed already, by the fact that everyone is laughing, I've been joking this whole time. You recognize my internet sarcasm, but you still react to it. You're laughing at the joke, but crying on the inside. Cheer up emo kid!

Edit: Forgot to respond to spikes!!!!!1!
Anything <= 1 Hour from Whitewater. The next W.H.I.T.E. most likely. I may be running it from Milwaukee at the discussed venue in Tapion/Crash's stead if they aren't able to do so. I'm still talking to Tapion about this. I basically have to develop good PR with Odie, the arcade owner dude. There's Soul Calibur 2 tournaments there which I need to show up to and shake hands with the dude.

Oh. I play Ice Climbers now.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
Oh. I play Ice Climbers now.
Lame, just lame...

Yah I'm pretty much emo now.

But yah, you know when to push my buttons, and I still react to things pretty easy some times. But yah, if you're hosting White 4, I'd like to come. Just depends if it's worth driving all the way to Racine.... I just wish you guys cared about smash more, I have yet to play you fastest, I haven't played sauce in ages, and I never see Crash anymore, you guys always made tournies fun.

Sync99

Smash Journeyman
XD what a crazy topic. I would probably find a way to go if it was on a saturday. Fridays just suck for me. I have gotten used to MN 40/30/20/10 pot split so I would still be there but hey you make tourneys on lame dates.
You said it Aaro! To be complaining this much about the pot split... If Jeff doesn't want to expend gas I can always drive him, assuming that's his concern--the trip will cost more than what he'd earn for first. =retardedness--too bad Aaro can't come, I think Jeff would be happier with the 40/30/20/10 if that were the case! Hehehe.

Sync99

Smash Journeyman
I guess this shows how much people actually enjoy playing the game itself. If making 50 bucks and playing Smash all day isn't worth it to the better players, then so be it. I still have plenty of people better than me that would be at these tournaments, and I find I improve much better when I play with people better, but not overwhelmingly better than me.
Yeeeaaahhh, I'm one of those people that would PAY 50 bucks to be able to play lots of people all day, so that I don't have to ONLY play Jeff and Lange. (Jeff=way better, Lange=worse) I guess I enjoy the game a little too much, but that's cuz I've only been to four tourneys. I would like Jeff to come, seeing as the first question anyone else asks when they hear about the tourney is, "Is Tapion gonna be there?", as that would mean more people for me to run around while asking to play friendlies with them.

Tapion013

Smash Lord
@ Lonejedi: The smash community in northern wisconsin got started because all of you saw how good people could actually be at this game, it was not because you hosted a tournament. People can host tournaments and spark no competitive nature what-so-ever. As much as you probably all hate to admit it, the real reason there was any competitive spark in there at all is because you all wanted to be better than fastest to rub it in his face. Maybe now you guys want to get better than me, but it was not because of the tournament, it was because of fastest's attitude that you all wanted to shut him up. Not to say your tournaments didn't help that out, but look at Racine... The first tournament there had just as many noobs as the first CC, but there was no provocation taking place... Did anyone care? no, they all gave up and now 3 people still play.

Sync: The gas is not the problem. My new car gets 35 miles to the gallon, so it'd only cost about 15 bucks to drive there and back, which first place on a 40% pot more than enough pays for. The reason all of these people (including you) go to tournaments is to play people, get better, learn a lot of new things, and hopefully improve yourself. No offense you other wisconsin players, I love you all I really do, but there really isn't much I can learn from you guys, so I'm not going to go out there if I don't feel it's worth my time. You guys are great company, and I could molest steve's cats all day, but it just isn't worth the trip for me, especially now.

I really don't care about the pot split because I'm not coming anyway, I was just trying to suggest a more legitimate one that sparrow was also suggesting (I think). So yeah, enjoy?

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
Ok I made a list of who's coming and who might be coming, if you want to be upgraded or added to the list tell me.

Also post if you can bring set ups.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
As much as you probably all hate to admit it, the real reason there was any competitive spark in there at all is because you all wanted to be better than fastest to rub it in his face.
haha, this makes less sense to me than the people who claim the DBR videos inspired huge amounts of casual players to become competitive. Maybe I find these sorts of things silly cause I had very clear, and completely unrelated reasons to play Smash competitively before I even bought the game.

:016:

CWolf20

Smash Journeyman
I am going to do everything in my power to get off of work for this tournament.

Also, now my car is working much better, and I'll be able to actually drive somewhere to play. I still can't guarantee I can get off work though.

KirbySSB

Smash Ace
As much as you probably all hate to admit it, the real reason there was any competitive spark in there at all is because you all wanted to be better than fastest to rub it in his face.
No, I've always wanted to be good at smash, I used to play SSB64 competitively with a circle of friends. And I didn't know who Fastest was until I beat him in my first real tournament ever (Games VII in marshfield). Also Kieper didn't know who Fastest was 'til he started hitting on his girlfriend at CC4. Lol

Puffinator

Smash Ace
haha, this makes less sense to me than the people who claim the DBR videos inspired huge amounts of casual players to become competitive. Maybe I find these sorts of things silly cause I had very clear, and completely unrelated reasons to play Smash competitively before I even bought the game.

:016:
Tapion has "red herring" fallacy in his argument, meaning what he says is completely irrelevant to what we are actually talking about.
"Since we invaded Iraq, there have been no terrorist attacks, so our invasion of iraq stops terrorism"
----->
"I have eaten pizza every tuesday night since 9/11, and there have been no terrorist attacks. Therefore eating pizza prevents terrorism."

rofl my ca teacher told me that one

Sync99

Smash Journeyman
Sweet i didn't know you had an account on here Sync. Are you going to these/bringing quaz?
Yeah, he's kinda' at my mercy, ya know? And my account... let's just say I just made it and HATE the posting = rank system... As much as Lange tries to diss me, I am NOT a n00b!

Tapion013

Smash Lord
I wanted to be better than fastest.
lol.

Spikes, you were an acception because you were playing with me sauce and crashman before you even went to any tournaments. Your competitive nature mostly started with your DDR and other Beatmania games I think.

Puffinator, I don't know what the hell you're talking about, but my point was pretty valid as far as the point I was trying to make. Stop bringing your debate club jargon into the smash club threads.

Edit: EoF and his smash buddies don't count since they were around before the CC's knew what wavedashing was.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
1000 POST PARTY !!!!!!!ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In Honor of my 1000th post, lets take a moment of silence for our fallen brotheren.
(Black Meza and his Strawberry Farm, D33K, High Ace, and Johnny Paradise)

Yah More Set ups..... And are you coming to this on your own for sure Jason, and you bring Lange, Quaz, and Andrew.

Oh, and Vino, that was a terrible analogy. That means, the phrase "because we clean up our environment, pollution goes down," would be a fallible phrase. Go join the Debate Hall if you want to debate...

Puffinator

Smash Ace
its not debate jargon
i said i learned it in CA class....
its not fancy debate knowledge...
: /

Sync99

Smash Journeyman
And are you coming to this on your own for sure Jason, and you bring Lange, Quaz, and Andrew.
I'm NEVER 100% sure about anything, I know for 99% sure that I will be there. Quaz really wants to go--it's just a matter of gas, time, and whether I feel like driving all the way to pick him up and then all the way to Steve's. (I'm assuming Spikes will let us stay at his house??? <puppy dog face>) I told Lange, he's iffy at the moment cuz' of his job so I'll get back to you on him. Andrew = Quaz so if Quaz goes he goes I suppose.

Congradulations on your thousandth post! Let us toast... to the God of Rock!
Thank you for giving us this chance to kick ***.

Mr. Sun

Smash Rookie
Well, I'll probably go, although permission (and a ride) from my parents would ultimately decide.
I have a friend who's really into Smash Bros., so he would want to come as well.

Sync99

Smash Journeyman
im very new to tourneys. what does low tier mean. and what are the rules to this tourney?
The rules are on the first post. Lonejedi's hosting. Low tier means twelve certain characters are locked from use, leaving the bottom 14. Fox, Falco, Sheik, Marth, Peach, Falcon, Doc, Jiggs, Mario, IC's, Samus, and Ganondorf are locked.

If we do low tiers... I'm screwed. I guess I'll be Pika (make a good ditto team eh lj?) or Kirby.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
Wow I can't believe I forgot the address, well I added the address, for those of you who were wondering where it was.

Ok at the moment we have 6 full set ups, and 26 people who are pretty sure they are going. That's pretty good. I'd like to see some more confirmations from the 50/50s. Also I'd like to have 8 set ups to this. Zig Zag and KSSB, is there anyway you could bring a set up. Also KSSB, what are the chances of you bringing all or lots of your CWC Crew...

krst

Smash Rookie
Hey KSSB how is central Wi getting to the tourney? I don't have to work and even without tar I'd still like to tag along if there's room.

James Sparrow

Smash Master
I'm hopefully bringing someone new to this tournament, with whom I would team if she is able to come.

I also vote for teams being the first tourny since that increases the chance of her being able to come.

DonVitoOR

Smash Apprentice
Well, if JS is bringing someone new, since new people are good i guess, i also vote for teams aswell =/ even though ill have no teammate.... *cries* lawl, Boom HEADSHOT!

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
I also vote for teams first. I should be able to come guilt-free, as I have some crappy lame "job" for like a week, so that will provide extra income.

<_<

I may or may not have a partner.

Oh yeah, how much does low tier cost?

Top Bottom