• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Take a break from debate, laugh at miiverse posts.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So, this was a while back. But I completely forgot to post it.
upload_2014-6-5_16-40-41.png

Ah the olden days. Back when no one knew who I was, I never knew how to print screen, and I had that weird Luigi avi. Good times...

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
This is a thread for Miiverse Posts in general, not just bad ones. That conversation was epic though, if I could find it I would post all 537 pages to see what killed it xD
Well, to be fair, when you say "I'll assume this is a troll so that I don't blow my brains out". It does imply a negative reaction.

Apollo181

Smash Cadet
Why wouldn't he separate two characters that now have no gameplay in common? If he really wanted to 'save' slots, he'd put all the characters into one slot that says characters on it. There's almost no reason to 'save' slots.
What do you mean "that now have no gameplay in common"? They never did! All that linked them was their down special transformations. Other than that, they were completely different. Zelda focuses on powerful magic while Sheik uses quick combos and ninja tools. It's th same with Samus and Zero Suit Samus, except their transformations were part of their Final Smashes. Samus uses powerful energy attacks and explosives and Zero Suit Samus used her whip in conjunction with athletic movements. They could have easily been given separate slots in Brawl. Not everyone knew about being able to select which one to play as before the match starts by going down and pressing "A" on the form you wanted to start as, so why not give the characters separate slots to make up for that? I guess my biggest problem isn't Sheik getting her own slot but the notion that Sheik gettng her own slot means Toon Zelda and Tetra are deconfirmed. ZSS could have her own slot without Ridley being deconfirmed, but Shiek getting her own slot means Toon Zelda and Tetra won't be in the game? Sorry, I'm having trouble hearing how that makes sense. I'm getting a lot of bull**** on this line.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
What do you mean "that now have no gameplay in common"? They never did! All that linked them was their down special transformations. Other than that, they were completely different. Zelda focuses on powerful magic while Sheik uses quick combos and ninja tools. It's th same with Samus and Zero Suit Samus, except their transformations were part of their Final Smashes. Samus uses powerful energy attacks and explosives and Zero Suit Samus used her whip in conjunction with athletic movements. They could have easily been given separate slots in Brawl. Not everyone knew about being able to select which one to play as before the match starts by going down and pressing "A" on the form you wanted to start as, so why not give the characters separate slots to make up for that? I guess my biggest problem isn't Sheik getting her own slot but the notion that Sheik gettng her own slot means Toon Zelda and Tetra are deconfirmed. ZSS could have her own slot without Ridley being deconfirmed, but Shiek getting her own slot means Toon Zelda and Tetra won't be in the game? Sorry, I'm having trouble hearing how that makes sense. I'm getting a lot of bull**** on this line.
The only reason Toon Zelda and Toon Sheik were ever going to be in was due to being clone and the Transformation gimmick. With Toon Zelda's main form(Phantom Zelda) being a freakin' move, there's almost no chance of Toon Zelda showing up, since that's the only way she'd be playable, in her Phantom form. She doesn't fight as a Princess, and she'd be a pointless clone otherwise. Tetra was never officially going to be playable, Toon Sheik was, and that's the only legitimately possible character we could tell was Toon Sheik's transformation. And none of this bull about "the character didn't exist". Nor did Giga Bowser. And he's playable now too(even if for a short time, but he's a full character minus one special... just like Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon, notably). Sakurai counts Final Smashes as Special Moves, as it's in the same list.

Stop hoping for them, it's beyond unrealistic. We have two playable versions of Zelda and two Links. Why would he add 2 more Zeldas instead of Ganon himself(or even Toon Ganondorf as a completely new character alongside regular Ganondorf), or some other character like Vaati, Tingle, Ghirahim, or even Impa(using her sword and magic)? It doesn't make sense. Also, Toon Zelda would clearly be a clone at best, and even more notably, her only fighting form besides Tetra(who was unlikely to be ever be playable anyway) was completely disconfirmed. It's not worth hoping for.

Booster

Smash Lord
Last edited:

Apollo181

Smash Cadet
The only reason Toon Zelda and Toon Sheik were ever going to be in was due to being clone and the Transformation gimmick. With Toon Zelda's main form(Phantom Zelda) being a freakin' move, there's almost no chance of Toon Zelda showing up, since that's the only way she'd be playable, in her Phantom form. She doesn't fight as a Princess, and she'd be a pointless clone otherwise. Tetra was never officially going to be playable, Toon Sheik was, and that's the only legitimately possible character we could tell was Toon Sheik's transformation. And none of this bull about "the character didn't exist". Nor did Giga Bowser. And he's playable now too(even if for a short time, but he's a full character minus one special... just like Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon, notably). Sakurai counts Final Smashes as Special Moves, as it's in the same list.

Stop hoping for them, it's beyond unrealistic. We have two playable versions of Zelda and two Links. Why would he add 2 more Zeldas instead of Ganon himself(or even Toon Ganondorf as a completely new character alongside regular Ganondorf), or some other character like Vaati, Tingle, Ghirahim, or even Impa(using her sword and magic)? It doesn't make sense. Also, Toon Zelda would clearly be a clone at best, and even more notably, her only fighting form besides Tetra(who was unlikely to be ever be playable anyway) was completely disconfirmed. It's not worth hoping for.
Sooooooooo...according to you, Sakurai cannot:

A) Make Toon Zelda and Tetra characters without them transforming.

B) Put a character that would practically demand a unique moveset and existed
before Brawl (aka Tetra, also debunking your Giga Bowser arguement because he existed in Melee, so it made some sense for him to be in Brawl) instead of a character who was never even thought of until Brawl and would no doubt be another clone, because all characters always have to have a clone according to your insane troll logic.

C) Come up with creative movesets for characters to keep them from being complete clones or needing a giant sword and armor to fight.

D) Include any new characters for a series that has always had at least one new character in a Smash game.

E) Make HIS game the way HE wants to make it, taking characters HE wanted but couldn't finish before Brawl released and will likely want to finsh at least a few of them to put in HIS new game.

F) Make any character playable if you don't want them to be.

Ridley fanboys, everybody.

EDIT: Oh, and there's about as much chance for me to stop hoping for Toon Zelda and Tetra as there is for you to stop being in denial about Ridley's deconfirmation.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Let's cut this line of discussion and return to laughing at the oddities if MiiVerse, shall we? Continuing this line of discussion in this thread would be rather pointless and is off-topic.

Last edited:

Apollo181

Smash Cadet
Let's cut this line of discussion and return to laughing at the oddities if MiiVerse, shall we? Continuing this line of discussion in this thread would be rather pointless and is off-topic.
Believe me, I've been trying. But every time I comment hoping for him to just get what I'm saying and take it into consideration, he has to reply saying he's right and I'm wrong and I should agree with him. I will happily stop the discussion. I hope the report I sent on him gets him banned.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAABnUYn05MzbcQ

That's pretty funny, and true. People can't handle legitimate confirmations/disconfirmations and refuse to buy the game because of it. One character being in alone isn't that discouraging(but tons of characters you don't want is a reason to not buy a game). Albeit, if a person wants specifically one character in Smash and they don't show up, well... reasonable reaction. Especially if they don't have a 3DS or Wii U. It's useless to buy it for a game that doesn't have what they want at all.

Apollo181

Smash Cadet
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAABnUYn05MzbcQ

That's pretty funny, and true. People can't handle legitimate confirmations/disconfirmations and refuse to buy the game because of it. One character being in alone isn't that discouraging(but tons of characters you don't want is a reason to not buy a game). Albeit, if a person wants specifically one character in Smash and they don't show up, well... reasonable reaction. Especially if they don't have a 3DS or Wii U. It's useless to buy it for a game that doesn't have what they want at all.
Well, this is Shokio we're talking about. The same guy who speculated on Nintendo going bankrupt and getting bought by Sony. Someone that stupid probably would react that way.

Also, sorry about reporting you and that whole mess of a discussion. When it all comes down to it, what we think doesn't really matter all that much. Which characters get in is all up to Sakurai. So, I'm willing to let bygones be bygones if you are.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, this is Shokio we're talking about. The same guy who speculated on Nintendo going bankrupt and getting bought by Sony. Someone that stupid probably would react that way.

Also, sorry about reporting you and that whole mess of a discussion. When it all comes down to it, what we think doesn't really matter all that much. Which characters get in is all up to Sakurai. So, I'm willing to let bygones be bygones if you are.
I could care less about Shokio.

And we were both off-topic, so the report was justified. The low blow against Ridley fans was not and I'll going to hold you to that as a horrible thing to say(especially when it's also false information. His role is not confirmed no matter how you slice it, it's hinted at.) If he's not playable, fair enough. But it's still an if at this time anyway. I feel the problem is is that he pulled something similar with Toon Link, which means even being part of a stage wouldn't much matter at this point anyway. Until the roster is revealed, or Sakurai outright says he won't be playable, it's impossible to legitimately tell his fate.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Believe me, I've been trying. But every time I comment hoping for him to just get what I'm saying and take it into consideration, he has to reply saying he's right and I'm wrong and I should agree with him. I will happily stop the discussion. I hope the report I sent on him gets him banned.
Edit: I see you guys made your peace to an extent. Please keep on topic or carry off-topic discussion to private messages. Continuing it further will result in warnings. Feel free to PM me if either of you have any questions. Let's get back to laughing at MiiVerse.

Last edited:

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
Now that Tomodachi Life is out, it has a community just READY to get ruined!

image.jpg

In another post, he said he's gay, and his Profile Comment says he's a furry. ...That's really...something.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

View attachment 15546

In another post, he said he's gay, and his Profile Comment says he's a furry. ...That's really...something.
...Report it. That's blatant pedophila. The other stuff being gay and a furry? Who cares. To each their own.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

View attachment 15546

I highly doubt there is going to be a separation for Mii's that are "Kids" as opposed to adults

If there was and it was dependent on height, my mii would be a kid

Top Bottom