• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Take a break from debate, laugh at miiverse posts.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well, since E3 is right around the corner. I think it's nice to have some E3 pics as well.
upload_2014-6-4_20-41-6.png

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
This one is pretty good imo. Its in the Kid Icarus Uprising community so theres actually a game released for these people to talk about.
That doesn't matter. It just means pretty pictures along with the stupid posts we've come to know and "love".
Case and point:
upload_2014-6-4_21-5-17.png

And to quote a certain villain...

ChillerDuu

Smash Cadet
This thread puts me on varying degrees of laughter, confusion, and frustration with the urge to shut them the hell up.

I am so late for this thread, but by god is this great.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Haven't been to this thread in a while and I have a couple pages to catch up on, so sorry if any of these posts were brought up already. :p

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADMUKlwyF0RMw

.....this post and several of the comments are painful to read, especially as a huge Zelda fan.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADMUKlwyaplIA

What are opinions again? I forgot.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADMUKlxDPbqYg

Does anyone have a car that runs on nightmare fuel?

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Haven't been to this thread in a while and I have a couple pages to catch up on, so sorry if any of these posts were brought up already. :p

.....this post and several of the comments are painful to read, especially as a huge Zelda fan.
The op is right, though. Ganondorf was in one game before Melee. He actually counts as a one off. This whole crap that you were playing as Ganon is illogical. You don't play as a pig monster. You play as a human explicitly named Ganondorf. They're overall separate, especially gameplay-wise. Also, the person saying "Sheik" is a good example is being ridiculous. That's still Zelda anyway, so how is that a better example than Ganondorf? I mean, Ice Climbers are even better, since they're more directly a one-off, but still.

It is true that Ganondorf first got his named in ALttP, but the character does not actually show up, thus, he's a one-off character period. Ganondorf literally appeared as often as Metal Mario did before their SSB appearance as well. No, Dr. Mario's metal skin in Dr. Mario 64 doesn't count as "Metal Mario". Although I might be wrong since I forget if SSB64 or Mario Golf 64 came out first...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/replies/AYMHAAACAADRUqF_xAiaIA

Not the Ridley part(well, except that Sakurai did not legitimately confirm the dragon's role in any way), but the severe lack of research. There was 6 Pokemon in Brawl period(fact, outright said by Sakurai too. 39 playable Brawl characters.) But his reason for Chrom apparently being disconfirmed? He's a blue-haired swordsman.

The guy is blatantly a bad troll. I mean, seriously, you can argue the Ridley point all you want, but the other two are pretty much wrong. Exactly why would SSB4 having 6 Pokemon like Brawl did be weird anyway? Zelda had 5 characters while Mario had 4 in Brawl. Amazing, isn't it. Sakurai doesn't care about having Mario/Zelda/Pokemon having the same number of reps. -_-

LF2K

Floor Diver

Sakurai's busting his butt to make this game.

I'll let this one explain itself.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
Okay, I am convinced that the admins don't read into context at all and/or have no sense of humor.

Keep in mind that I said "I meant suck as in inhaling" before I got an admin warning. Geez, are you serious?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Okay, I am convinced that the admins don't read into context at all and/or have no sense of humor.

Keep in mind that I said "I meant suck as in inhaling" before I got an admin warning. Geez, are you serious?
To be honest, you should've seriously said "suck at inhaling" the first time. Yours did come off as flaming in that wording, and I don't blame them for being unable to see the context. Plus, suck/blow jokes are not really kid friendly on Miiverse, so it's not actually worth doing. It's funnier on other sites because the context is easier to see as a whole and we're more immature in the "heh heh he said x" kind of way. Or mature enough to handle that type of stuff. Miiverse isn't built for that.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
To be honest, you should've seriously said "suck at inhaling" the first time. Yours did come off as flaming in that wording, and I don't blame them for being unable to see the context. Plus, suck/blow jokes are not really kid friendly on Miiverse, so it's not actually worth doing. It's funnier on other sites because the context is easier to see as a whole and we're more immature in the "heh heh he said x" kind of way. Or mature enough to handle that type of stuff. Miiverse isn't built for that.
Well, the context was clearly specified in my following post.. And in my defense of it not being kid friendly, don't 7+ TV shows these days use "suck" (e.g. "these admins suck!") quite frequently?

But I digress, you're probably right.. I keep forgetting I'm a Nintendo fan.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
:glare:
this is the worst argument I have ever seen for why a character shouldn't join SSB4, and that's saying alot, since I don't even want Pac-Man
I bet Sonic is his favorite Nintendo character! :sonic:

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, the context was clearly specified in my following post.. And in my defense of it not being kid friendly, don't 7+ TV shows these days use "suck" (e.g. "these admins suck!") quite frequently?

But I digress, you're probably right.. I keep forgetting I'm a Nintendo fan.
It wasn't in the first post, which is all that matters. Hey, I concur, but that's just how it is. Context is nice, as long as the post wasn't easy to take as offending.

Best to just be more careful. And a lot of shows barely can get away with those kinds of jokes. Nintendo's Miiverse censoring and rules are way more strict than a TV show's anyway.

Booster

Smash Lord
:glare:
this is the worst argument I have ever seen for why a character shouldn't join SSB4, and that's saying alot, since I don't even want Pac-Man
That's EXACTLY what Sakurai said about Geno...I guess...Sakurai is on par with a 10 year old? *World Breaks*

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
It wasn't in the first post, which is all that matters. Hey, I concur, but that's just how it is. Context is nice, as long as the post wasn't easy to take as offending.

Best to just be more careful. And a lot of shows barely can get away with those kinds of jokes. Nintendo's Miiverse censoring and rules are way more strict than a TV show's anyway.
That, or it could be some kid thinking it was an insult and reporting it.

Top Bottom