• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Take a break from debate, laugh at miiverse posts.

Little_GotenSRK

Smash Cadet
NNID
Little_Goten
3DS FC
1048-9697-8273
But the point of this thread to get a laugh out of Miiverse posts. Wouldn't drawing technically count as a "post"?
If the goal of this thread is to make fun of people who aren't skilled at drawing, then it's flawed from the start. I can't stand it when people make fun of new artists and belittle them, and that is all that you people are doing.

If your mods want to ban me for that, then go ahead.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
If the goal of this thread is to make fun of people who aren't skilled at drawing, then it's flawed from the start. I can't stand it when people make fun of new artists and belittle them, and that is all that you people are doing.
Okay, this has gotten ridiculous. It's easy, if you don't like this thread, then ignore us. It's simple. You don't have to agree with us in terms of what can be considered "humor". But you don't have to call us heartless or make us out like the bad guys.

And really, we do more than just pictures. You do realize that correct?

Also...
If your mods want to ban me for that, then go ahead.
Really now? This is simply a difference of opinions. Don't act like we're evil villains and you're a war hero.

Last edited:

Little_GotenSRK

Smash Cadet
NNID
Little_Goten
3DS FC
1048-9697-8273
Okay, this has gotten ridiculous. It's easy, if you don't like this thread, then ignore us. It's simple. You don't have to agree with us in terms of what can be considered "humor". But you don't have to call us heartless or make us out like the bad guys.

And really, we do more than just pictures. You do realize that correct?

Also...

Really now? This is simply a difference of opinions. Don't act like we're evil villains and you're a war hero.
But how can you guys just look at a drawing and think to yourselves "This drawing sucks, let's laugh at it?"

That's not proper art criticism. You can be as harsh as you want, so long as you remember that the goal behind it is to help the artist, not to laugh at them. Nobody is good at something when they start, but the point is to keep trying. Think of what would happen if someone were to see one of their drawings in this thread; how do you think they would react to seeing people writing it off as "stupid?"

Yeah, I've seen those posts in this thread. It's sickening, and I can't ignore it.

It's not a "difference of opinion" when you actively go and pull someone's work off of their website to make fun of it. It's some seriously messed up stuff.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
But how can you guys just look at a drawing and think to yourselves "This drawing sucks, let's laugh at it?"

That's not proper art criticism. You can be as harsh as you want, so long as you remember that the goal behind it is to help the artist, not to laugh at them. Nobody is good at something when they start, but the point is to keep trying. Think of what would happen if someone were to see one of their drawings in this thread; how do you think they would react to seeing people writing it off as "stupid?"

Yeah, I've seen those posts in this thread. It's sickening, and I can't ignore it.

It's not a "difference of opinion" when you actively go and pull someone's work off of their website to make fun of it. It's some seriously messed up stuff.
...I'm beginning to think there's something more to this than what you're saying. Like we've offended you personally somehow.

Last edited:

Little_GotenSRK

Smash Cadet
NNID
Little_Goten
3DS FC
1048-9697-8273
...I'm beginning to think there's something more to this than what you're saying. Like we've offended you personally somehow.
I'm an artist as well, so I guess that might be part of it. My drawings are mediocre, but they're generally better than stuff posted in this thread.

With that said, when people first jump into becoming an artist, their works are generally bad. But making fun of them relentlessly doesn't help them improve. It's mean-spirited.

Edit: But look, if you really have a problem, them go here.
http://smashboards.com/forums/forum-support.108/
There's no point constantly yelling at us.
I wanted to talk to you guys directly. We're all mature adults here, I was hoping you guys would see what you were doing yourselves.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Edit: Didn't see this before.
I wanted to talk to you guys directly. We're all mature adults here, I was hoping you guys would see what you were doing yourselves.
Calling us heartless and jerks is not "mature", it's name calling. I understand you're mad, but putting us down is downright insulting.

Last edited:

Little_GotenSRK

Smash Cadet
NNID
Little_Goten
3DS FC
1048-9697-8273
If you want me to leave, then I will. But at least consider what you're doing. If you can't see how mean-spirited it is to grab someone's work and then make fun of it for no reason other than a laugh, then I can do nothing.

I wish you all the best.

Andrex

Smash Apprentice
Goten, I'm pretty sure most of the drawings posted here weren't made in earnest. Some of them are humorous for reasons beyond their quality, too.

We're not telling these artists they suck, but laughing at the absurdity some of them showcase. I'm sure even the artists themselves will laugh at them in a year or two.

When I laugh at my 5-year old niece's drawings, it doesn't imply I'm being mean to her. Sometimes things are just funny. That's my take, anyways.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It's a community that just opened up today. The admins are holding events and challenges for various games. That's all I know
Back in the day, Nintendo had it's own forum called Nsider and every summer from 1995 to 2007 they had a special community called Camp Hyrule where, as you said, they had events and challenges for different things and usually one or two "special guests" would stop by before it was over. I remember Sakurai stopped by to say a few words back in the one they held during the summer of 2006. This seems to be a sort of revival of that.

Little_GotenSRK

Smash Cadet
NNID
Little_Goten
3DS FC
1048-9697-8273
I apologize for my earlier posts. I wasn't thinking straight. Please forgive me.

As for Miiverse:

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAAYUKldk58a6A
((Maybe you should look into that . . .))

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAABnUYn97JEwHw
((Trolls trolling trolls . . .))

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADMUKl4Df6ayg
((Ryu for Smash. His final smash is that he can be as boring as he is in every Street Fighter game, minus Third Strike.))

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADMUKl4DeaXlA
((So is this like the Miiverse equivalent of Like whoring on Facebook? I wonder what the post that got deleted said . . .))

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADMUKl4DaghqA
((They still want more girls? There's no point in adding characters just because they're girls . . .))

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAAYUKldk55jbg
((Activision and Capcom are way worse.))

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAAYUKldk1hFEA
((Yeah, but it's pretty fun to watch people freak out as a result.))

Last edited:

pickle962

Smash Lord
American Kirby is still hardcore u guyz!

Don't know whether he's serious about that or he's making a pen 15 joke judging by the suggestive manner in which our favorite puffball is holding his sword.

Falco confirmed for SSB4!

DENIED

Little_GotenSRK

Smash Cadet
NNID
Little_Goten
3DS FC
1048-9697-8273

EmeraldDragonair

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmeraldDragonair

Apparently Cap is not a fan of books.
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADRUqGI7Bc-FQ
Gais dere is def not more dan 3 unrevealed charaktar, bc sonictoast says so.
EDIT: Also any more be waaaay too many charaktar, not goodly.
More EDIT: Why do so may think we won't even get 40 characters? We're nearly there already. Has Lord Gamatsu spoken again or something?
EDIT: Wow now he says melee has too many. 26 is too many? Must be a fox only guy.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Oh how I remember when Allan and Nicole graced us with their presence.
It was a simpler time indeed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom