• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tails For Ssbb! SINGLE VERSION, NOT PARTNERED LIKE MOST

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I would hate SEGA if that was true. Why would they decide Knuckles to be playable instead of Tails? It's defenetly false anyway, at least I hope it is.

Anyway, Tails has much more priorty as a character, and I hate all the comments and
arguments that are against him.

1. "He can't fight": He can fight. Played Sonic Battle or the fighters? He would also have a
unique moveset. To be honest, Knuckles's moveset would be really predictable and not very unique, he wouldn't be very original, since we already have PCs who are very similar to him in terms of moveset. Tails, IMO would be much more original. That said, Moveset hardly plays a factor as to wether somebodys playable or not, priorty is.

2. "Knuckles and Shadow have more priorty than he does": No they don't, I don't understand why people think they do. Tails has more priorty because of his role as a character, Sonic's sidekick or Sonic's "Luigi". Knuckles has high priorty too, but not as much.

3. "Tails can't do anything without Sonic": Played the adventure games? Since on Sonic Adventure he saved Station Square. He was also a rather important character in Adventure 2, since he saved Sonic and whatnot.

4. "He doesn't have his own game": This just goes to show that most of the Knuckles/Shadow fanboys have not played the Megadrive/Genesis or older games. As Tails was much more of a character than Knuckles. Tails had two games of his own, Tails Adventure and Tails SkyPatrol for the Gamegear.

5. "Tails isn't very popular": Tails is very popular in Japan, and also here in Europe. Also rather popular in America, but would be moreso if it wasn't for 4Kids. He is certainly underated on these Forums.

6. "Tails sucks": Your opinion sucks, and it won't effect anything.

With all of this in mind, Tails would, and should be a PC before any other character. Others may have their own opinion and this may all be debatable. But it's true IMO.

I don't expect him to be a playable character, just that he should be a PC before any other.

Omg, thank you. I have never seen such a strong comback against those new sonic fans

that like shadow so much. Seriously they need to play the oldschool games cause those

were the best. Everybody that I know don't want Tails in at all and it really pisses me off.

You wouldn't beleive how many posts I would be making here on smashboards on the day

tails was confirmed for brawl. There are like 1000 people I would rub thier faces in if Tails

were in and I'm actually starting to care about that more than Tails being in because of how

much those guys say negative stuff about tails. For gods sake, why Knuckles? Hes the 3rd

character, and not as important. I can't see why Knuckles would be in if Tails wasn't. I don't

hate knuckles but seriously why do people think he has more priority than tails? Shadows

not good either hes just another hedgehog and he can't use guns cause its not M rated

game. Plus in all the new sonic stories excluding Sonic 360 he dosn't have a role in the

games Sonic Heroes, Sonic Riders, ect.

SonicMario

Smash Master
The only Anti-Tails argument not covered is "His Voice sucks!"

Which isn't relevent anymore because people think that Jason who does Sonic in recent games + Brawl sucks. But the real counter is that Voice does not equal the iconic status of the character.

If Tails isn't a PC, then nobody else (in the Sonic series) is.

Skeppio

Smash Apprentice
I agree. Besides Sonic, Tails is the most important character in the Sonic series. Tails was the first non-Sonic character to be playable in the whole f**king series! (Correct me if I'm wrong.)
"His voice sucks!" - No, you suck! Who the hell cares about a character's voice over his play style, etc. Just another example of idiots who prefer sound and graphics over gameplay.
I hope Tails gets in as his own character. Keep up the good work guys!

SonicMario

Smash Master
Finally, someone new that DOESN'T hate Tails. You don't need to be corrected on the 1st playable character besides Sonic. Since you can choose "Tails Only" in Sonic the Hedgehog 2.

I said it before, and I'll say it again. No Playable Tails, No Playable Sonic character PERIOD

Even if he doesn't, I'll be happy enough that Sonic is the only playable. It'd shut anyone that says "lolz ifs Sonix iz in, then Shadow iz in fo shure"

Skeppio

Smash Apprentice
Finally, someone new that DOESN'T hate Tails. You don't need to be corrected on the 1st playable character besides Sonic. Since you can choose "Tails Only" in Sonic the Hedgehog 2.

I said it before, and I'll say it again. No Playable Tails, No Playable Sonic character PERIOD

Even if he doesn't, I'll be happy enough that Sonic is the only playable. It'd shut anyone that says "lolz ifs Sonix iz in, then Shadow iz in fo shure"
LOL, some ******* had a prediciton thread where he listed Shadow at 60% chance of getting in Brawl and Silver the Hedgehog at 40%. Tails wasn't even on his list. I wanted to kick him in the face. :mad:

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
I just hope they release the full roster so people can stop fighting already on who should get in. I don't think SWF is really filled with casual Sonic fans anyway going by how Tails is horribly treated and misjudged here despise being one of the most popular and oldest character.
That's why I really hate to come here, because I can't say anything about Tails without him being labeled as being gay, ********, or like the majority of people here say "A weak excuse of a character that doesn't deserve to be on the same league as Sonic, Knuckles and even Shadow".
I know that in the end it won't change a thing as I'm sure no one else from the Sonic franchise is getting in so yeah....Sorry for ranting I just felt like I had to say this :(

Skeppio

Smash Apprentice
I just hope they release the full roster so people can stop fighting already on who should get in. I don't think SWF is really filled with casual Sonic fans anyway going by how Tails is horribly treated and misjudged here despise being one of the most popular and oldest character.
That's why I really hate to come here, because I can't say anything about Tails without him being labeled as being gay, ********, or like the majority of people here say "A weak excuse of a character that doesn't deserve to be on the same league as Sonic, Knuckles and even Shadow".
I know that in the end it won't change a thing as I'm sure no one else from the Sonic franchise is getting in so yeah....Sorry for ranting I just felt like I had to say this :(
No problem. I understand you anger. Too many idiots are blinded by their own stupidity and fail to see a character's potential. It happens all too often...

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Tails...meah. IDC if he's playable, but he's better then Shadow (since Shadow murdered the series with Shadow the Hedgehog). But I warn all of you with all due respect don't get your hopes high on Tails being playable, k? Not saying he has no shot-but the shot he has isn't one worth betting on, or getting your hopes too high. Wish I saw that with Deoxys! :laugh:

Skeppio

Smash Apprentice
Tails...meah. IDC if he's playable, but he's better then Shadow (since Shadow murdered the series with Shadow the Hedgehog). But I warn all of you with all due respect don't get your hopes high on Tails being playable, k? Not saying he has no shot-but the shot he has isn't one worth betting on, or getting your hopes too high. Wish I saw that with Deoxys! :laugh:
True, true. I don't have high hopes on Gallade either, but I'd still like to see him in. The last time I had huge hopes for a character, they became an Assist Trophy (Waluigi). I tend not to convince myself that a character is a certainty anymore, but I'll still keep my fingers crossed for Tails and Gallade (And Ridley, Geno, Megaman, etc). :)

JUMPING_YOSHI

Smash Cadet
I'm sure SEGA will want many characters in Brawl to compete with the Mario series(which had 6 characters out of 25 in Melee).

Dark Luna

Smash Apprentice
I hate how Tails is treated on this forum, and im getting tired of it.

Not only that, but other people people seem to think that Tails has a lower chance compared to other characters.

It's ironic how all the Noobs are in favour of Knuckles or Shadow, whilst the old skool gamers (or pros) prefere Tails. That sums it all up really.

Isaac Brawler

Smash Apprentice
I think Tails can't make it to Brawl. We already have a rep from his series. And it is a Third Party series. I doubt very much that a Third PArty series is going to have more than one rep...

Now have a look at Metal Gear: Snake is in. But his best friend, Gray Fox, is an Assist Trophy. So Tails is also going to be an AT

By the way, Sakurai said that there would be just 3 or 4 third party characters, and I don't think 2 of them are going to be from the same series...

Anyway, Tails is not very important. He doesn't even have his own game. He is just a friend of Sonic. I highly doubt that Sakurai makes Tails a PC

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I think Tails can't make it to Brawl. We already have a rep from his series. And it is a Third Party series. I doubt very much that a Third PArty series is going to have more than one rep...

Now have a look at Metal Gear: Snake is in. But his best friend, Gray Fox, is an Assist Trophy. So Tails is also going to be an AT

By the way, Sakurai said that there would be just 3 or 4 third party characters, and I don't think 2 of them are going to be from the same series...

Anyway, Tails is not very important. He doesn't even have his own game. He is just a friend of Sonic. I highly doubt that Sakurai makes Tails a PC
Wrong. Tails does have a game. He has 2 games infact. Tails Adventures and Tails Skypatrol for the Sega Genisies. Also Sonic is more popular and has more sigifigant characters than Metal Gear Solid so just because Snake didn't have a second rep dosn't mean Sonic can't.

And Sakurai never said only 3 to 4 3rd party, you guys just made that up. And if it was why can't it be a second rep. Nintendo dosn't want to share all of its money with 3 different companies. Snake got in cause of Sakurai, Sonic got in because of Populartiy. You just think there will be a third one just because 3 seems like a good number. Tails is important. Hes the second role in the game. Much higher than Shadow and Knuckles.

Bishop_S

Smash Cadet
I'm a big fan of Tails... if Sonic gets a second rep, I want it to be Tails...

If Snake gets one, I think it'll probably be Raiden or maybe one of the bosses...

Anyways... I believe I read something where a poster here named SamuraiPanda translated Sakurai email responses about Brawl a few years back and it basically said there will be 1-2 other 3rd Party Representatives. (This was after Snake was included, I think.) That could mean 1-2 Franchises (with more than one representative) or 1-2 characters, I'm not sure... and also, if those were right, it could be early plans and Sakurai changed his mind over the time.

Anyways... I'm all for Tails as a playable character.

Top Bottom