• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

T5 - Arizona Tournament

Should T5 have a doubles or low-tier tourney?

• Doubles Tourney

Votes: 20 48.8%
  • Low-Tier Tourney

Votes: 21 51.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TemplarPsi

Smash Ace
Bryan we need a location soon. Park Place Mall doesn't work because of yugi-oh they have on Saturday. Try some of the resorts and stuff, you never know it may be cheap to rent.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
*crosses fingers that vec is not 250 pounds*
lol Forward = too funny... and no.. I weigh.. hmmm what do I weigh... idk.. actually.. i'm not big tho... I sort of wish i was if it would help me.. =p... lol I'm a pig tho.. lol.. can't wait for the food contest..

Vat"O"

Smash Journeyman
yo, b-will, you spelled my name wrong. Its "VATO", its a very simple name, b-will. By the way, whats up with the tourney? It looks very organized. No, I'm not kidding, it does:0

Love_Dove

Smash Apprentice
MORE MM'S .. OR FOOD MATCHES.. OR GATORADE MATCHES.. PLZ.. lol.. idk. (it's my first major tourney so i'm a lil hyped.. lol
I'll $1 MM you're Mewtwo with my Zelda. Watchoo think?

Also, my coming really depends on what time it starts. Not trying to be a jerk and rush you B-Will, just saying...'cause I couldn't get that morning off from work because I work at the Post Office and everyone will be sending their tax forms in this weekend because they are lazy and do things last minute. Ah, the good old American way. So I'll be driving down to Tucson after I get off at 6:30AM. x_x And after picking people, and my TV, up I should get there around 10ishe. Energy drinks and loud music shall be my guide.

AND, there's a slight chance I can bring two more people...but I won't know until the day of the event. Which is lame...but they seem like they can't really come anyways.

<3

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
I'll $1 MM you're Mewtwo with my Zelda. Watchoo think?

Also, my coming really depends on what time it starts. Not trying to be a jerk and rush you B-Will, just saying...'cause I couldn't get that morning off from work because I work at the Post Office and everyone will be sending their tax forms in this weekend because they are lazy and do things last minute. Ah, the good old American way. So I'll be driving down to Tucson after I get off at 6:30AM. x_x And after picking people, and my TV, up I should get there around 10ishe. Energy drinks and loud music shall be my guide.

AND, there's a slight chance I can bring two more people...but I won't know until the day of the event. Which is lame...but they seem like they can't really come anyways.

<3
*cheers with joy* sure I'll MM ur Zelda w/me M2... sounds good... sweet... I' can't wait for this... any location yet B-Will?

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
Good news everyone, we may have a place lined up to host this thing. It's kind of small so we'll continue looking for a bigger place but we may be able to hold onto this one in the mean time. I'll have a sure (or mostly sure) answer tomorrow morning about this.

edit/ bwill, by the way i just called Pima County fair grounds and they're out of the qurstion because the fair starts soon. but we've still POSSIBLY got the other place i was talking about

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Love Dove, look at Alicia's (Haruka's) post. There's a good chance you're going to hit some heavy traffic along the way. Just a heads up up anyone coming from Phoenix this weekend.

Love_Dove

Smash Apprentice
Love Dove, look at Alicia's (Haruka's) post. There's a good chance you're going to hit some heavy traffic along the way. Just a heads up up anyone coming from Phoenix this weekend.

OH. I'm a lil' dumb when it comes to things outside of Phoenix...didn't realize this might effect me. Thanks Alicia/Dan for the warning/follow up warning!

:chuckle:

Now as per my previous post, add possible traffic delays to arrival time. >.>...

<3

ShadowLink11

Smash Rookie
hey everyone, I am new to competitive smash play and this site.. my buddies and I (from phoenix) have been playing the game more seriously and we want to start playing tournaments.. I just learned of this tournament and my friends and I want to come, however I would like to request you hold it next weekend, instead of this upcoming weekend if possible. If so, I can get 3-5 more people to join the brackets. Ill check back here tomorrow, and if its not possible, we will still try to come down to tucson this weekend, hopefully.

Oakie

Smash Apprentice
I don't know about that, ShadowLink--forward specifically requested this date. It's his birthday present.
no ****? wow thats pretty cool, i didn't know that

but at the rate things are going right now...it seems like the tourney should be next weekend lol. we dont even know where its gona be at. its all good though, hopefully you guys know by tomorrow

ChaosTheory

Smash Ace
Yo shadowlink, Im pretty much a retired smasher now, however, if you guys seriously want to get into tourney play, hit me up with a pm. I can teach you guys all the basics at least.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
**** b-will you haven't been on like all day since i've been home from school. well i dunno if you read it but i said i may have found a place for us. anyways, go back a page or two for more info. this post is so that i can point out that tomorrow i've got to help my dad with homeshow stuff, and since we'll be out all day i'll try and stop by that place to see how big it is and find out of we can host the tournament there. i'll know by sometime tomorrow.

HEAR THAT PEOPLE? WE MAY HAVE SOMEWHERE FINALLY!

as for the time b-will, i say just tell people to start coming at like 10 or some **** for warm up then you can start pools or brackets later on. but of course i'll have to check with the people that own that place. like i said i'll let you know tomorrow.

so uh yeah. and maybe if i'm hella lucky i'll get my dad to take me by u of a but you'll have to be on AIM so i can talk to you and get directions to your house and we'll play a few. anyways, i think that's all i have to say (even though i think i'm forgetting something)

oh yeah one more thing, we should arrange for people to bring maybe some power strips and extension cords depending on how many outlets there are since we have so many TVs and Cubes. i have an extension cord and can bring 3 power strips (or surge protectors or whatever they're called, those things you can plug a bunch of **** into)

if i remember anything else important i'll post it in here.

edit/ oh yeah i THINK the thing i was going to say is if we get this place it'll either be free or low cost. its on 22nd and Old Spanish Trail just so people have an idea. Once again, this place isn't official but it's likely and i'll know by tomorrow

Duha

Smash Journeyman
oh boy i am going to need someones phone number that is helping run this thing i just realized i have no idea how to get to tuscon much less get to a specific place in tuscon. Also when you do get the place for sure plaz let us know so i can map quest it. I need the phone number just in case i get lost when i get to tuscon.

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
hey Shiv, i need to know by tomorrow at the latest if u need me to give u a ride. so far i have Ted and Sizzle, and my bro coming with me, i have 1 last spot open.

TemplarPsi

Smash Ace
Yea im coming Mr.J, But Templar is broke i have money for just the tourney ^.^ heh, but ill play some friendlies with you though for sure See ya there.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
hey mr j, i'll money match you IF i have money left after money matching all these other people. so check with me towards the end of the tourney if that's cool with you

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
VectorMan still needs some matches... I think.... ^_^

V-Man vs B-Will
V-Man vs Hanki
V-Man vs Butters
V-Man vs Taj (food eating contest)(gatorade match)
V-Man vs Love Dove

I think that's all I hav for now... I still want more... lol.. and i'm still payin for some things if you guys don't mind...

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
ah crap. i couldn't get tah place i was talkign about. i've called 2 cuhrches, 2 bookstores, and alibrary. none can do it. i need other people me find somewhere.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
We are working on it now. Templar has been calling places all morning and it's looking pretty good. I'll post as soon as we get a location.

As far as a phone number, I'll ask forward for Colorado.

Butters and the Hanki, I think sean is going to house you.

Colorado, still working on housing for you.

Mr.Jaskolski

Smash Ace
Hey Temp I have some long awaited clownage for you so you better show, Gamer save your money I dont want to take it from you, you might want some food later

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
lol Mr. J.. trash talking like usual... *sigh* and plus aren't I paying for some of the food? anyway... ummm.... well yeah let us know asap once you find a location.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Lol, Butters. Hey you all set for tomorrow? Just come by my house any time. We'll leave shortly after you do. If there's any problems or delays, give me a call. You have my cell and address right?
Later

Butters 000

Smash Journeyman
Lol, Butters. Hey you all set for tomorrow? Just come by my house any time. We'll leave shortly after you do. If there's any problems or delays, give me a call. You have my cell and address right?
Later
Yup everythings all good dude, see you tomorrow. 5:30-6:00 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom