• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

T5 - Arizona Tournament

Should T5 have a doubles or low-tier tourney?

• Doubles Tourney

Votes: 20 48.8%
  • Low-Tier Tourney

Votes: 21 51.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
Alright....

Right now it looks like this will be held at a zarelid and enixmoogle's house. We are still waiting to hear from a couple of places still but this will be the likely place of the tourney.

Address to come I'm trying to find the exact address right now.

The Hanki or Butters - call sean, he needs to know the details of you staying the night.

Colorado, I'll get back to you shortly.

Occasionally check back here for the final details; in the case that you can't check back here for some reason, call forward at 520-440-0491. This is mainly for CO because they requested a number for contact purposes.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
Big enough?

It should be big enough...at first I was skeptical about it but I think we figured out a way to maximize space so it won't be terribly crowded.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
so it won't be terribly crowded.
Don't get me wrong, it's gonna be a little crowded. But we'll make it work.

Any other people who can bring tvs? I'd still like to get 1 or 2 more. Also, for those who said they MIGHT come to this tourney, let me know if they are or aren't. I was hoping to make the pools beforehand but it probably wouldn't be smart; there are bound to be people showing up/not showing up unexpectingly.

BloodOfTheFallen

Smash Journeyman
What time does this start? Is it teams first or singles first? Is there much info anywhere aside from the first page (which doesn't answer the above questions)?

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
What time does this start? Is it teams first or singles first? Is there much info anywhere aside from the first page (which doesn't answer the above questions)?
1. Pools first. Pools of 6. Top 4 of 6 advance.
2. Singles up to losers championship.
3. Doubles up to losers championship.
4. MM between vector and me LOL.
5. Doubles losers championship.
6. Singles losers championship.
7. Doubles winners championship.
8. Singles winners championship.

In that order. Friendlies / MM's before and during tourney.

Time: We'll know shortly.
Location (Probably): Again, at zarelid's house: 5731 e whittier st zip 85711
(Mapquest it or call Sean like I said in the above post.) Sean (Forward): 520-440-0491

Any other questions?

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
Oh yeah, I need a new doubles partner.

Any takers?

crap i just realized that was my 200th post. i was saving it for something good lol. oh well.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
We should be good for tvs and cubes, assuming everyone on that list brings what they are supposed to.

MM between vector man and me is pretty even in money distribution wise. As a result, if you win, you are pretty much doubling your money.

Oh yeah, Colorado: who are exactly coming and what are their names or gamer tags? I want to update the first post...also you want sat night housing right? I'll let you know tomorrow morning about where.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Due to the STB leaving at midnight, they will arrive in Tucson VERY early to take in the sights and get some friendlies in before T5, we might need some place to chill. Is it alright if we kick it at Chuckie's house when we get there?

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
Due to the STB leaving at midnight, they will arrive in Tucson VERY early to take in the sights and get some friendlies in before T5, we might need some place to chill. Is it alright if we kick it at Chuckie's house when we get there?
Around what time? I'll be staying over at Chuckie's friday night (gonna get the place set up for sat.) As a result, I will be up early to set up as well. If it isn't too early, I don't see a problem with it.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
We doing singles bracket then doubles? Isn't it usually pools, doubles, then singles? More time to warm up for the singles, you know...

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
That's cool, I guess we'll do something else for four hours. Is there a number I can call in case I get lost? If forward knows his way around Tucson, I can call him can't I?

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
We doing singles bracket then doubles? Isn't it usually pools, doubles, then singles? More time to warm up for the singles, you know...
Well, friendlies and pools should be enough of warmup for singles I think. I like to do singles first on the off chance we don't have time to do both doubles and singles. I want to guarantee singles will get done, although there will be enough time for both for sure.

I'm kind of just following the AZone format for the most part, and like I said, we should have had plenty of warmup before singles.

That's cool, I guess we'll do something else for four hours. Is there a number I can call in case I get lost? If forward knows his way around Tucson, I can call him can't I?
Yes, read the first post for forward's number. In fact, give him a call tomorrow night; I may be up earlier sat morning so maybe you won't have to drive around Tucson for as long.

Oh yeah, I'm glad you are coming, wookie.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
Cool, do I call him as I'm getting close? I mapquested chuckie's house. My guess is I'll be near the house around six in the morning--maybe I can get exact directions and look for somewhere to eat while I wait.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well call forward tomorrow night. Ask for me. I'll let you know when I plan to be up sat morning. Call me around said time in the morning on sat and I'll give you exact directions and possible places to eat.

Duha

Smash Journeyman
We are leaving tonight to get there around 10pm or so.

Me(Duha)
Jared(RunningBrave)
Andy(BBQ)+and he is bringing a friend that i really don't know who it is but i think it is pistachio.
maybe
Gwen(buzzkill)
Ben(Zenjamin)

Duha

Smash Journeyman
Also do you not need us to bring a setup bwill? we are not listed on the first page.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
yeah tv's and stuff would probably be good just in case someone forgets. but i don't know for sure since its in trevyn's house

Love_Dove

Smash Apprentice
Sorry, long post...

Any other people who can bring tvs? I'd still like to get 1 or 2 more. Also, for those who said they MIGHT come to this tourney, let me know if they are or aren't. I was hoping to make the pools beforehand but it probably wouldn't be smart; there are bound to be people showing up/not showing up unexpectingly.
Ok, I'm pretty much peed off with my work right now...but here's the story. My, and Senor WildWookie, showing up is highly dependant on a few things. Like I said in my last post, everyone is going to be turning in their tax forms this weekend so the Post Office (where I work) will be quite swamped. They wouldn't let me get Saturday morning off and they are now threatening to give me overtime...

The absolute latest I'll get out will be 8:30AM with OT, 6:30AM with no OT...I'll pack everything up (TV, Cube, and everything else), and get gas tonight to cut out all time wasters the morning of. Then I have to pick up teh Wookie and my gf because she wants to visit her friends that attend UoA (x_x). So I should be on the road by 9:00 - 9:30 (7:00 - 7:30 with no OT). I'd give the drive about 3 hours to get to Tucson, drop off the gf, and get to the place of Smash. That's if I drive fast and hit minimal traffic...so arrival time around noon with OT, and around 10 with no OT.

So basically, the later the start time the better...but I won't figure out if I have overtime until I get to work tonight...I'm really sorry if we can't make it to this. I feel so terrible that I might miss it with what I said I could bring. But like I've been saying, it really depends on the start time and now...how stupid my work is gonna be.

If we could make the start time around one that'd be awesome and less hectic for me...but this obviously isn't just about me. So do whatever is best for the majority and Trevyn and Chucky.

MM between vector man and me is pretty even in money distribution wise. As a result, if you win, you are pretty much doubling your money.
Did you get my PM about how you counted Mr. J twice in the bets?

I definitely coming. barring alien abduction
I'm soo sorry...call me when you get out of class, or I'll call you after I wake up and we'll work out the details.

EDIT:

Also, how far away is the house from the UoA campus? Minute wise. I'm not too farmilar with Tucson.

South_Paw

Smash Ace
tucson is far less than 3 hours away from the phx area... just dont drive like an old person and you could probably make it in less than two

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
yeah I told B-Will he counted Mr. J. twice as well.. but he doesn't pay attention and jus wants the waget to be even.. =p lol. IDK.. i told him that too.

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
ive made the drive a few times to tuscon, and from gilbert to tuscon is like 1hr and 30minutes, from chandler its just a little over a hour, and from glendale it should only take you about 2hours

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've begun packing my car for the trip. My car is going to be so full!

This is the first tourney I've traveled for, and I can't wait! It's going to be a really hectic day for me tomorrow what with recording everything and playing too. There might be technical difficulties with the camcorder I spoke of a while ago, so I'd give it 50/50 that I'll have one. Everything else though is a go for me in regards to gear.

I won't have access to a computer from when I leave till the tourney, so I'll see you all there. Later!

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
some sad news.... my grandpa just died last night, he was getting worse and worse from lung cancer and now he passed....
my dad asked me to go to the ceremony tomorrow during this tourney. but i dont know whats gonna go on, im going to see if i can make this still, which is most likely probable.

Edit: not sure if its really a ceremony of the burial or what, or something with gathering of a family. but i will make it tomorrow

Shashin

Smash Apprentice
I won't be able to make it if Dark doesn't go. If anyone else can give me a ride to and from the tourney, send my friend a text message as to what time you would expect to be leaving. I get off work tonight at around 3 in the morning, so I'll be online all morning long. Contact me on there if you can. I will be staying at 1500 w. 7th Place off of priest and university. the phone number to text will be 480-430-0252. Thank you!

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
nah its ok ted, im gonna make it so dont worry, i just talked to my mom just a minute ago. so no worries, im taking you and sizzle, i will call you with the time ted, as soon as b-will sets the time for the tourney
i am a adult after all, its not like they can make me do anything any more. i have choices after all

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
Also do you not need us to bring a setup bwill? we are not listed on the first page.
Don't worry about brining tvs/cubes. Try to bring sleeping bags, however.

Ok, I'm pretty much peed off with my work right now...but here's the story. My, and Senor WildWookie, showing up is highly dependant on a few things. Like I said in my last post, everyone is going to be turning in their tax forms this weekend so the Post Office (where I work) will be quite swamped. They wouldn't let me get Saturday morning off and they are now threatening to give me overtime...

The absolute latest I'll get out will be 8:30AM with OT, 6:30AM with no OT...I'll pack everything up (TV, Cube, and everything else), and get gas tonight to cut out all time wasters the morning of. Then I have to pick up teh Wookie and my gf because she wants to visit her friends that attend UoA (x_x). So I should be on the road by 9:00 - 9:30 (7:00 - 7:30 with no OT). I'd give the drive about 3 hours to get to Tucson, drop off the gf, and get to the place of Smash. That's if I drive fast and hit minimal traffic...so arrival time around noon with OT, and around 10 with no OT.

So basically, the later the start time the better...but I won't figure out if I have overtime until I get to work tonight...I'm really sorry if we can't make it to this. I feel so terrible that I might miss it with what I said I could bring. But like I've been saying, it really depends on the start time and now...how stupid my work is gonna be.

If we could make the start time around one that'd be awesome and less hectic for me...but this obviously isn't just about me. So do whatever is best for the majority and Trevyn and Chucky.

Did you get my PM about how you counted Mr. J twice in the bets?

I'm soo sorry...call me when you get out of class, or I'll call you after I wake up and we'll work out the details.

EDIT:

Also, how far away is the house from the UoA campus? Minute wise. I'm not too farmilar with Tucson.
Start time, 12, set up earlier. Like dark and someone else said before, it shouldn't take you three hours to get here.

The house is about 12-15 min from U of A campus.

some sad news.... my grandpa just died last night, he was getting worse and worse from lung cancer and now he passed....
my dad asked me to go to the ceremony tomorrow during this tourney. but i dont know whats gonna go on, im going to see if i can make this still, which is most likely probable.

Edit: not sure if its really a ceremony of the burial or what, or something with gathering of a family. but i will make it tomorrow
I'm sorry about your grandpa, dark. I'm glad you are making the tourney.

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
Shashin (ted)

i just sent a PM to sizzle and told him to meet me at Arizona Mills harkins theatres at 10am. do you think u can be there too? or if not i can just pick you up at your place, cause its not far from the mall. so just be ready by 10am at the mall or your place, i will call you later though

wildwookie05

Smash Cadet
Brooklyn NYC but com from Mo' ****in' Glendale AZ
Ok, well Love_Dove is my ride, and if he for some reason cant go then... uh... I really dont think I have to consider that possibility really, even with some traffic you can make it from g-dale to t-son in under 2 hours. we should be good Love_Dove
Also, I'm glad I'm coming too B-will

EDIT: oh yeah, I'll should have 5 bucks left over from tourney costs, so is it too late to bet those 5 on Vec?

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
I can't wait to see the videos of these, mainly because i'm in love with Hanki and his Ylink

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
Is there any chance people could bring extension cords? I'll buy whatever we need after people bring them but I would appreciate it if you could try to bring one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom