• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

t3H SUP3RR TREEDDD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
GnW gets laser camped by Fox and dies at 50% omg you're right low tiers do suck =D

GnW can't do anything to Falco because of his ****ty shield and how lasers completely shut him down. and if Falco just Dairs and lands behind GnW then GnW can't do anything about it. omg low tiers do suck =D

Falcon's like x10 faster than GnW and gets grabs that much easier omg and ***** GnW with throws because GnW is light and they all lead to knee and basically any move he has. omg low tiers do suck =D

edit: fox, falco and falcon getting grabbed by GnW. lololol.

Geist

Smash Master
also, i'm inclined to agree with 5150 on the tier thing. people know how to effectively use low tiers but even when you do play them well they still suck. take it from somebody who mained low tier for a while. they suck. believe me. there is no hidden potential. there is no mysterious way to using their moves. if you win with low tier it is probably because the other guy has no idea what they're doing or you are simply monstrously better.

on the GnW thing, he gets ***** by fast fallers. this is fact. his combos are nice but Fox/Falco/Falcon will still **** him for free if their player is any good at all.

A good GnW can beat a terrible Fox. But a good GnW struggles against a mediocre Fox. And loses outright to an equally good Fox.
well we all know ka master is notorious for ****** space animals.
4stocking silent wolf? come on.

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
@ pyro: my pichu 2-stocked blowtoes's samus.

what's your point.

if blowtoes cc spammed d-smash/d-tilt and used more sh double nair and f-tilt whenever i approached he would have ***** my pichu, in fact he did all of those things vs my kirby (my kirby > my pichu) and ***** it (although i got a bunch of u-smashes i shouldn't have; he needs to di pichu's d-throw better). i like to think i'm a better player than him but when you play the matchup and abuse your advantages it's very hard for terrible characters (like kirby and pichu and gnw) to win.

now... as for the andy thing. either your gnw is better than his fox or his fox is bad or his fox is silly. fox ***** gnw if the fox plays correctly. sure if all fox does is spam f-smash then gnw will win, yeah, but if the fox runs away, laser camps, dd grab camps and abuses the fact that gnw has to approach and u-throw u-airs/u-smashes at 60ish (space the u-smash if they shield so they can't punish it) and drillshine --> tech chase w/ grab then there's nothing gnw can do about it. in fact, there's almost no reason for fox to be fvcking hit during this matchup.

edit @ blowtoes: luigi isn't low. luigi is mid. the tier is outdated; link, luigi and dk are supposed to be mid. and ka-master is a better player than silent wolf.

WIGI

Smash Champion
why im joining netbattle when i have diamond and wifi i have no clue...

oh and real rules for poke battles are no ubers no duplicates on pokes or items.

Geist

Smash Master
@ pyro: my pichu 2-stocked blowtoes's samus.

edit @ blowtoes: luigi isn't low. luigi is mid. the tier is outdated; link, luigi and dk are supposed to be mid. and ka-master is a better player than silent wolf.
yeh you are definetly a better player than me david =[

If you try to see teirs from a standpoint of skill combined with "the better character", everything is thrown out of proportion. as a previous example, ka m can 4 stock wolf on a good day, but someone who can beat ka master doesnt automaticlly have a sure win against wolf.

low teirs aren't characters that necessarilly take more skills to use, but more or less characters with less usability/potential. its all about stage, situation, strategy, matchup, character and skill. Id say tiers is a bigger part along with skills, but even then matches can always come down to different results. its just like how KDJ's shek is starting to bet kens marth more often, but M2K's marth always beats KDJ's sheik, even though Ken's marth can beat M2K's :dizzy:

oh and steve, to get the netbattle go to start, all programs/applications, Hubert Ware.
its real easy to set up.

EDIT: no ubers =@
Sleep clause
freeze clause
but 2 of my pokes have leftovers...dammit. changing again=/

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
My Fox is VERY silly =[
I WANT to learn to use Fox, but for some reason, I just.. can't.. <_<

I was REALLY close to actually quitting Link for Fox, but I realized that my Fox sucked..
And because coolhat is a f*cking inspiration to low tier failures
****, I didn't even know people like that lived in Canada

Geist

Smash Master
lol ev training was the best part. it felt so good not having to spend days doing that chit.=]
im kinda done my team.

ill give hints only going by the nicknames I gave them:

Pr0n
Santa
Smexi
\/\/HoRe (lol this pokemon ***** Andy. >=D)
Ugly Stick
Wallz

=] some changes may apply.

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
lol ev training was the best part. it felt so good not having to spend days doing that chit.=]
im kinda done my team.

ill give hints only going by the nicknames I gave them:

Pr0n
Santa
Smexi
\/\/HoRe (lol this pokemon ***** Andy. >=D)
Ugly Stick
Wallz

=] some changes may apply.
i'm going to guess that WH0RE is blissey.

Crooked Crow

pr0n = salamence
santa = .... delibird? lol
smexi = .. jynx?
wh0re = indeed blissey.
ugly stick = marowak
wallz = milotic

My team consists of ALL Magicarps.
I am amazing. splash ftw

Geist

Smash Master
i'm going to guess that WH0RE is blissey.
ur amazing david xD

pr0n = salamence
santa = .... delibird? lol~WRONGshiny dusclops xD or as steve says jesusclops
smexi = .. jynx?~WRONGthat would be weezing
wh0re = indeed blissey.
ugly stick = marowak
wallz = milotic

im constantly chaning crap around...so w.e

My team consists of ALL Magicarps.
I am amazing. splash ftw
lol

STEVES HAS AN EPIC TEAM CONSISTING OF 100% MUDKIPS
EPIC EPIC EPIC LOLZ

btw they made me a mod in battlenet.
is it because my name is too good to pass by, or is it because Im just so good at pokemon? you be the judge.
for those of you who dont believe me, come to the same server as me later, and Ill boot you =P

Crooked Crow

It was beautiful and it owned Bren really hard
It was like a perfect team made up of legendaries. But they weren't legendaries.

Also, if you're gonna play, me and Bren play mostly on the server "Pokemon Arena v7"
And when you make a name, add [BUKKIT] at the beginning LOL
[BUKKIT] Andy, [BUKKIT] blowtoes and that kind of stuff <_<

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
If you try to see teirs from a standpoint of skill combined with "the better character", everything is thrown out of proportion. as a previous example, ka m can 4 stock wolf on a good day, but someone who can beat ka master doesnt automaticlly have a sure win against wolf.

low teirs aren't characters that necessarilly take more skills to use, but more or less characters with less usability/potential. its all about stage, situation, strategy, matchup, character and skill. Id say tiers is a bigger part along with skills, but even then matches can always come down to different results. its just like how KDJ's shek is starting to bet kens marth more often, but M2K's marth always beats KDJ's sheik, even though Ken's marth can beat M2K's :dizzy:
I'm sorry if I worded myself improperly.

Basically my point was that it's easier for high tiers to win. It's undeniable that winning with Sheik, Fox, Marth and Falco is much easier than winning with than, say, Jigglypuff, Link, Mario, Pikachu, Samus, etc. This is simply because they all have brokenly overpowered things to work with.

Sheik, for instance, has almost a guaranteed a follow-through after every throw and can kill with grabs, tilts, d-smash and aerials. Her edgeguarding is stupidly good and can land gimp kills on virtually everyone in the game minus Jigglypuff and Peach basically. She has an amazing defensive game, ridiculous range and priority on her tilts, aerials, d-smash and grab. She's also fast and virtually lagless. Her falling speed prevents her from being comboed too hard by basically everyone but Fox and Falco. She even has a lagless, potentially high-damaging projectile that can lead to combos. While it is true that you need to understand how she works with a good degree of accuracy and depth in order to get anywhere with her, it's still obvious that her numerous advantages over the other members of the cast will make her easier to win with than say Doc, who's a decidedly average character.

So, with all these advantages possessed by the top tiers in mind, the mid tiers are mid tiers because while they're not as good as the top tiers, they have enough tools so that if the player is good enough to use all of them effectively, it is possible for them to do well. Even if the top tier players are good they still have some chance of winning because they can fight back even if it's not in their favour.

The low tiers are low tiers because they are so grossly underpowered that it's almost impossible for them to do well simply because they lack the tools required to do it. They get crushed too hard in too many matchups and don't have any (or enough) reasonable methods of fighting back.

Crooked Crow

yeah low tiers really do suck ***

High tiers are just easier to win with =/ With all their gimpy moves and overpoweredness

Geist

Smash Master
It was beautiful and it owned Bren really hard
It was like a perfect team made up of legendaries. But they weren't legendaries.
if by legendaries you mean magikarps and by own you mean hit me with flail once, then that statement is true.=3

I'm sorry if I worded myself improperly.

Basically my point was that it's easier for high tiers to win. It's undeniable that winning with Sheik, Fox, Marth and Falco is much easier than winning with than, say, Jigglypuff, Link, Mario, Pikachu, Samus, etc. This is simply because they all have brokenly overpowered things to work with.

Sheik, for instance, has almost a guaranteed a follow-through after every throw and can kill with grabs, tilts, d-smash and aerials. Her edgeguarding is stupidly good and can land gimp kills on virtually everyone in the game minus Jigglypuff and Peach basically. She has an amazing defensive game, ridiculous range and priority on her tilts, aerials, d-smash and grab. She's also fast and virtually lagless. Her falling speed prevents her from being comboed too hard by basically everyone but Fox and Falco. She even has a lagless, potentially high-damaging projectile that can lead to combos. While it is true that you need to understand how she works with a good degree of accuracy and depth in order to get anywhere with her, it's still obvious that her numerous advantages over the other members of the cast will make her easier to win with than say Doc, who's a decidedly average character.

So, with all these advantages possessed by the top tiers in mind, the mid tiers are mid tiers because while they're not as good as the top tiers, they have enough tools so that if the player is good enough to use all of them effectively, it is possible for them to do well. Even if the top tier players are good they still have some chance of winning because they can fight back even if it's not in their favour.

The low tiers are low tiers because they are so grossly underpowered that it's almost impossible for them to do well simply because they lack the tools required to do it. They get crushed too hard in too many matchups and don't have any (or enough) reasonable methods of fighting back.
in that case totally agree with you. =]

It's true.

But Mudkip totally should be in Brawl. Did you see how bad I owned Brendon?
isnt mudkip in a pokeball already? I thought he was. >.<

and its true, steves butterfree is a comlpete tank. im utterly helpless facing it.

apparently they banned desh with his IP. hes prolly reading this now. HI DESH!!
too bad he cant post...=/

Crooked Crow

Yeah, I owned him with Magikarp a while ago =D

Also, Brampton will have a tournament tomorrow on NetBattle.

The rules are..
Blissey only. 6v6 ALL Blissey or you're banned.
We expect each match to last from 2-8 hours.
It shall be epic. And next week, we'll go all Magikarp.

WIGI

Smash Champion
lol ip banned. stealth ip noob? i need to work on my team, i got pwt by a ludicolo and the saphire legendary.. caint rememebr its name for sum reason. i can only remeber kyogre.

yeah. my first battle started, and i was all like. WTF ITS GOING SO FAST WHATS HAPENING.

and i had to figure out how to play better.. i think ill use one of my tems from diamond.

Crooked Crow

we could all get into it =/
NetBattle is fun =D

Anyone wanna play an online version of that FF8 card game?
<3 that game soooo much

Crooked Crow

It was! go on SF and look for my post there.
I won't put it here because I want Jay (and Zack) too feel left out.
The Brampton Thread of SWF looks like it's slowly dying.

Crooked Crow

Actually, like half a year.. lol

Brampton's SWF days are coming to an end..
Include this in your epic story, Steve =[ it shall be a day we'll remember forever.

And GET YOUR *** OVER TO SF, JAY!

Crooked Crow

A part of me dies every time I have to see our forum url =[

Also Jay, go there and stay just because of the awesome banner =]

WIGI

Smash Champion
i herbye anouce this thread...useless.. i woulda joined WAY soner if chris told me he MADE it. i never knew, i thought it was just asite he found lol.

good bye SWF. your only use now is talking to pple that arent on Freedom.

i will miss you.

Wigi out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom