• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

t!mmy's Meta Knight vids

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
The great guys at H.P.A.W. got one of my first matches recorded at E for All and have it online. The quality is pretty good and they managed to record the entire match before the Nintendo rep laid down the rules (no zoomed-in, unobstructed videos), so it's one of the best videos you can find online.

Check them out HPAW:
http://hpaw.net/?p=419

Enjoy!

Youtube Links
t!mmy vs Sonic
t!mmy vs t0mmy

Shark X

Smash Lord
=/

I heard that pretty much all of his grabs are similar to kirbys =P
So that means his throws are usless? ****. It's bad enough the enemy always escapes Kirby's throws in Melee (being the only character whose throws are escapeable, and pretty much 100% of the time, everyone even level 1 computers escape), but now they have to do it to Meta Knight? Doesn't Sakuri ever learn? I hope these throws are unescapeable like everyone elses. And I hope they fixed it for Kirby as well.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
his grabs are basically the exact same as kirbys were in melee, but almost everyones grabs are almost completely impossible to combo out of anyways, so dont fear people haha

Shark X

Smash Lord
his grabs are basically the exact same as kirbys were in melee, but almost everyones grabs are almost completely impossible to combo out of anyways, so dont fear people haha
I could never through ANYONE in Kirby's throws in Melee. Everytime I prefered a throw, somehow the character jumps out of it. Kirby's Down Throw was the only one I believe people never jumped out of. Melee had a perfect Kamikazi backthrow for Kirby, yet every single time, my opponent always jumps out, leaving Kirby to only kill himself with no enemy in hand.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Actually, I found them easier to combo out of than with Kirby's.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
That was one of my first matches on the first day. I got used to the controls so much more after that. Too bad I didn't get anything recorded after that so you could see some pwnsome SHFFLing and mindgames.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Like everyone else replied with, you have the best Meta Knight matches recorded so far..you pwned that Sonic so easily..
Also, did it occur to anyone that Ike's Up B is, well, straight up.

Zjiin

Smash Master
After all the new gameplay videos i am really fond of MK's movement capabilities. t!mmy did a great job showing off some competitive play with him.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Sonic was a comp character and T!mmy has too much skill for just a CPU. What was that move Ike did to Peach at the end of that vid?
I just make my opponents look like Lvl 1 CPUs. Oh yeah!
I'll go check the Ike and see if I can answer your question.

Edit:
I think the last two moves he uses at the end of the video is a Down Special and then an Up Special, which missed.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
I just make my opponents look like Lvl 1 CPUs. Oh yeah!
I'll go check the Ike and see if I can answer your question.

Edit:
I think the last two moves he uses at the end of the video is a Down Special and then an Up Special, which missed.
With that kind of skill you should've tried out Sonic

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
But Meta Knight is just too good.

I still feel bad for not getting any videos of me playing on the last day. :(
You could have seen Meta Knight really tearing people apart.

Oakwood

Smash Cadet
But Meta Knight is just too good.

I still feel bad for not getting any videos of me playing on the last day. :(
You could have seen Meta Knight really tearing people apart.
So would you say MK's weak KOing power is less debilitating that everyone seems to make it out to be? Would you say it's more of a disadvantage, and less of a dam_ning weakness?

NinjaRooster

Smash Cadet
Nice videos. I only watched the second one but i could immediately see how good you are at this game. And that was your first time? Whoa...

you really should make a summary of Meta Knight like axemangx said.

MetalMetaKnight

Smash Journeyman
Meta is just too awesome. He can be a weaker version of the next marth but faster. Ive seen him go 1 on 1 in the E-for-all and slashing people with his combos, make em fly out to the air, jump, slice in mid air some more then Spike to the death. There is only one vid i saw that someone did that....it was awesome

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Oh man, Meta Knight looks even more fun to play than I originally thought. His dash dance looks so cool.

Does his dair spike/meteor?

DavE P

Smash Cadet
omg that was sick i was hoping i could also get a better look at ike but o well. metaknight is looks fun and his combos like friking cool. what was that spinning thing u did at the beggining of the match??

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
what was that spinning thing u did at the beggining of the match??
You mean his Smash Special? (Triple Dash)
Unless you mean where I spin in place with my cape. That's Up Taunt.

I'm in the processes of doing a write-up with Meta Knight. ^___^

Emokirby4

Smash Cadet
So if Kriby doesn't get a major overhaul (which I doubt) are you considering making Meta your main?

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
No, Kirby's my main. I'll alt Meta and Dedede for sure. :)

T0MMY

Smash Master
Links to the IGN vid of you destroying Gimpyfish plz.
And link to the first Brawl money match of me destroying you plz ;^D

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
First post has been updated with YouTube links (including my match with t0mmy). ^__^

RoxasXIII

Smash Journeyman
meta knight taunt is cool. how did u change what direction he face when doing it?

RoxasXIII

Smash Journeyman
who cares if mk's throw is like kirby's. its awesome and really strong! is mk's fs even that good? it doesnt seem to do much damage. :(

nice vid btw! :)

Top Bottom