• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sydney Smash Thread - Comrades Of Xeno -

Bjay

Smash Lord
what was this for anyway? The neutral bay thing?

...and why was it a last minute post by Kulla on Smashboards >.<

=( x2

Stu count me in for your meet.

Dedu

Smash Lord
what was this for anyway? The neutral bay thing?

...and why was it a last minute post by Kulla on Smashboards >.<
You never heard of Yakiniku? Its a Japanese meat-loving place where people go around cooking their own meat provided by the restaurant. Marbled beef slices yummm...

Cool. See you on sunday. Details will be posted later this week.

Tim_Dalton

Smash Cadet
Daltsy here. I'd just like to write shoutouts from Canada to all the Sydney smashers I was fortunate enough to meet on my travels through here. <3

Jaz(zy Wazzy) - braaaawlin. mi goreng was awesome, sadly there wont be any where i come from :( thanks for the stay, it was awesome.

Xeno - thanks for the stay, and hope your having fun in the americas. you gotta get ahold of me to explain that couch thing.

Unreon - 'come to my lagoon and "SMASH' with me'. good stories, good times good times. good luck with the brawl/street fighter 4 :p

Kulla - ballin restaurant, holy crap. that waiter was pro. your cat fangzies is even balliner though. luigi rematch at rambizzle if you come, if you dont your just a big jerk

Pattycakes - wish you the best of luck on figuring out if brawl has the potential to be a non ****ty game

John - met you for like 5 seconds. pretty buff. hope the raid went OK.

Cao - sorta from sydney. thanks for the showaround, extreme boating was... sortoff extreme. hope the dry cleaning went OK.

It was fun to meet everyone I did, and hopefully all you babygirls (and all the Sydney folk I didn't have the priveledge of meeting) come to Rambo <3

Bjay

Smash Lord
So it was you who posted that Dave! Hah sorry I didn't know it was orange, I was reading it briefly from the email notification. I didn't take notice of the html colour codes either in the post :p

You never heard of Yakiniku? Its a Japanese meat-loving place where people go around cooking their own meat provided by the restaurant. Marbled beef slices yummm...
lol way to alter my question altogether. No I wasn't asking what Yakiniku is, I don't think I even said it in my post anywhere (oh yes I do know what it is btw), anyway my question was more implying towards the fact whether it was a special occasion, or just a get together or something. From a couple of posts in relation to that day, that's more than enough to answer my question.

Hmm who's driving to Stuey's? Or can someone pick me up from North Sydney (train station) at least?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
We didnt go to Yakiniku; it was too hard to get to. Doyles was the cheezewheeze, omg too good - Daltsy - too balllinnnnnn'

i miss everyone again, dammit, even Rafiki, sigh

oh and the dry cleaning is all fine, i think Bibsy's dealing with it. I came to work dressed all ghetto like, kind of a nice change actually

unreon

Smash Ace
No worries Daltsy, it was bloody awesome meeting you HAHAHHA you have the most hilarious stories indeed (only in north america *shakes head)!

Come back down here again someday! I'll introduce you to my family.

PS: I'm sure you can get Mi Goreng anyyyywhere. I know for a fact that I had it with my cousins in New Jersey, and what America has Canada copies.

...hugs and kisses Tim, hugs and kisses =P Good luck with your girlfriend, she sounds like a keeper LOLOL I hope you managed to email her!!

Much love from Sydney xoxoxo (call me Diep)

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for coming Cao, twas fun to have you here and you too Datlsy! And I shall most certainly see you again in Rambo...though the luigi ditto might have to be in brawl...due to the now suckyness of my melee luigi :(.

And yeah...the waiter Rafik is quite possibly one of the best...though later he told me he doesnt normally clean the tables with a spoon...he was just showing off for me :D.

Also! I might be having a meet at mine next week sometime...probably...next friday or something
and all dayer and into the night, this could quite possibly be the start of the biweeklies again...maybe, but the deal is...melee must be played too! I'm a bit over brawl... as depressing as that is... but yeah more info later.

Dedu

Smash Lord
I guess you missed out on wavedashing. Don't worry if you think you've forgotten how to play Melee. It happens to all of us. One match then you'll remember everything as though it was yesterday. Here's hoping you can set up biweeklies again if your meet goes well!

I'm hosting Melee at my place this sunday too. Not just Brawl.
Contact dtls: post 'ere. If you happen to get lost coming this sunday, you can text me on 0425 834 180.
Address: 73 Hale Rd Mosman, Sydney, 2088.
Time: 10am till 6pm. BYO Controllers and money for food, alternatively just bring food.

Any other questions, feel free to post 'ere.

WARNING: If any pedobears come to my house without my permission, I will fend you off with a father who has a black belt in Karate. Take that! hyaah!

mi-goreng

Smash Rookie
I'm hosting Melee at my place this sunday too. Not just Brawl.
Contact dtls: post 'ere. If you happen to get lost coming this sunday, you can text me on 0425 834 180.
Address: 73 Hale Rd Mosman, Sydney, 2088.
Time: 10am till 6pm. BYO Controllers and money for food, alternatively just bring food.

WARNING: If any pedobears come to my house without my permission, I will fend you off with a father who has a black belt in Karate. Take that! hyaah!
where can i buy controls in a hurry for sun?... btw im 24... that count as pedo?

Dedu

Smash Lord
lol I'm 21. Pedo is 40 yrs and older.
Don't worry mate.

I got plenty of spare GC controllers around.

Jaz

Smash Ace
i'm working this weekend sorry guys ._.

daltsy, it was much fun had at your doing, don't forget to write you crazy backpacker

cao, doyles was awesome, thanks for taking the time out to meet up, rafik was worth the tip, but that fracking curry mayo had drugs in it i swear, best thing ever.

have fun sunday guys, sorry mi-goreng i would like to finally meet you but works never merciful.

BTW!

shaving my head for leukaemia on friday, so should be funny to see me eventually
anyone interested in sponsoring me?
ya dun have to i thought i might let people know anyways

Zaidou

Smash Journeyman
Oops. Already kinda got stuff maybe happening on 16th. Might give it a shot tho, so add a potential Turner-Upper (but don't count on it)

And yeah I'll sponsor You for sure!! If I see You that is......can always write up an IOU.

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
*Meet info*

Right guys, here is the beginning of biweeklies again, its about time i think too... Anyway...straight too it:

When: Thursday from 10 - late
Where: Mine as usual, for you new comers directions how to get there are on the first page of this thread, its pretty easy to get too...though it could be a trek depeding on where you are... its pretty much as east as you can get in Sydney.
What: Please bring copies of melee and cubes, I really need them...no joke, I dont have a copy of my own anymore. Brawl will be there for those who wish to play it (ie everyone). Bring your own controllers too...but thats just common sense. Also bring money for food from the local kabab shop/takeaway seafood, and possibly pizza for dinner.

Hopefully you guys can make it, I miss the old days. The following meets will probably be on a different days, never weekends as I work, sorry everyone who has tafe/uni/school.

Kulla

unreon

Smash Ace
Oh man, my parents have installed a curfew on me. No going out where the next day I have uni or work. Which means that everyday is out except Saturday night ._.

Slack.

perpetual ownage

Smash Journeyman
Ugh.

I was versing noobs in Smash at the EGG games club... I barely wavedashed, dash danced; basically played like I did in Brawl. Gotta get em Melee techniques back before they leak out of my brain like there's no tomorrow.
One of my friends claimed to have vs you in Melee at UTS. Is EGG games club at UTS?

Dedu

Smash Lord
Yeah. Did he win?
And, yes, EGG games club is at UTS.

Jason - You have every right as an adult to make your life as you want it to be, not what other people tell you what to do. Even if it came from your parents.
No going out where the next day I have uni or work.
That's just ridiculous. How old are you? Definitely old enough to go out when you want to. Tell them (your parents) to wake up and realise that most people in Australia (and just about in every country of the world) go out on thursday nights, sunday nights and just about every night after they finish work, catch up with friends, go out for a beer or two etc etc.

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
Yeah. Did he win?
And, yes, EGG games club is at UTS.

Jason - You have every right as an adult to make your life as you want it to be, not what other people tell you what to do. Even if it came from your parents.
That's just ridiculous. How old are you? Definitely old enough to go out when you want to. Tell them (your parents) to wake up and realise that most people in Australia (and just about in every country of the world) go out on thursday nights, sunday nights and just about every night after they finish work, catch up with friends, go out for a beer or two etc etc.
or 14, eh stu?

Dedu

Smash Lord
Yup. Or 20.

My friend did 20 beers in one day. Straight all the way till 9pm when he finally puked all over his bed mattress. That's what I call responsibility LOL.

Dedu

Smash Lord
Sheik isn't hard to verse against.

I know. Trust me. She's cheap as hell but that goes for playing without DIing correctly.
Easy to use, every move leads to fair, anticipate when she'll lead to fair/or DI away from her, then retaliate.

mi-goreng

Smash Rookie
spewin i missed the sunday meet...too hung over.
these thursday meets... 10am till late? how late is late? i usually finish work at 530.

anyone want to tee up a meet for the long weekend? pref. friday?

Joe_1

Smash Cadet
Sup pplz.
Long time no... post

Neway i'v been playing brawl lately at UTS/ stu's house, and i must say its a great and brand new fresh start for those who sucked at melee (i.e me).

I hope we can drop melee altogehter and start brawl lol jk

Bjay ure luigi was awesome, such high priority for every attack, aerial kings are the new top tier.
Stu your marth was old style and good, but marth in general is a *** :p

I might be coming more often to these biweeklies, i spend too much time not doing nething so yea.

P.S Stu/Bjay did u get those vids upoloaded somewhere? i would love to watch them.

Top Bottom