• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sydney Smash Thread - Comrades Of Xeno -

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
Waa...? Where did this copy of brawl come from? something I'm missing out on...?

Also who is actually thinking of coming to my meet...? I want some hard number again, and times would be nice too....there is nothing worse then sitting around all day waiting for people to turn up and it just doesnt happen...

and wtf fonti?!

mi-goreng

Smash Rookie
if i dont have to work on thurs i wouldnt mind going... otherwise friday is a public holiday if anyone wants to have a meet then...

Bjay

Smash Lord
Brawl - it's Stu's Brawl :p He posted his meet on the thread lol!

Sorry Simon I can't attend your meet on Thursday as I'll be working and yeah I'll be tired and just wanna head home :(

Hopefully next time I can attend your biweekly. :D

FOnti

Smash Journeyman
lofl. cant come this thursday, uni/work. maybe someone should have something next week, seeing as uni is off? eh? eh?

im still yet to play brawl.

Zaidou

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I'd assume that Berimbau is a Capoeirista?

Axe Capoeira!!

Also, Unreon, High Five for Asian Buddies.

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
lol Berimbau doing any kind of physical activity....lol indeed

Seems like im going to have 0 people for this meet...
Seems like im going to have to call it off...stupid school/uni/tafe
As for Friday its a public holiday so I'm working, with no penalty rates, thanks awa that i signed three years ago!

Well...people post some days of the week that you are free....either that or ill just start going to egg or something...cause I really want to play some smash...

Bjay

Smash Lord
I'm usually free on Tuesday/Wednesday

However for the next couple of weeks I'm gonna be fairly busy I'm not sure if I'll be able to attend anyone's meets or anything we'll see...

I'm only expecting my Sundays to be free for the next two weeks.

I'll be free really depending on what I'm doing, and if I'm working or not.

FOnti

Smash Journeyman
do egg do a thing every week? if so, what times? i go to uni like down the road from uts

Bjay

Smash Lord
Yeah I think it goes from 12 to evening or something.

That said I usually won't be able to make it to egg for friday sorry guys

Dedu

Smash Lord
Yo! Not shur if EGG has derr gaimz event fer diz friday.

BUT chekd der websyte AAANNN...
Deyr hosting consoul/cumputer event fer hole weaken.
^_^

Wat da helll ayll post daaa linkz ere: http://egg.org.au/
Reken may not b gud fer smash-obzess-over fest all day tho.
I'm goin yon sundai.

Jaz

Smash Ace
happy easter for tomorrow guys
and we really should address this smash drought huh,
we can do it here or msn arrange a day we'll all be online and have a massive group chat?
who's with me!

Zaidou

Smash Journeyman
I AM.

Tho I'm not sure if I can make it to Stuff cos of Rents.

Also, is it True You need an UPGRADE to Play BRAWL?!??!?!!!

EDIT: Happy Easter All.

Bjay

Smash Lord
Sure whenever Jaz :)

Yes it's true . I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have Zaidou :D

The update won't ruin your Wii don't worry, if I'm thinking on the right track on what you're on about :)

FOnti

Smash Journeyman
sure it is. another jew bites the dust.

is it politically correct if i insult judaism and christianity at the same time? it should be.

disclaimer: the previous joke represents neither the opinions of its poster, nor the opinions of the masses of smashboards. it was said in jest.

perpetual ownage

Smash Journeyman
I just found out that Easter isn't even accurate to the time of year Jesus died and neither is Christmas to the date of his Birth.

So when is the next tournament in Sydney going to be on? I feel like I am just posting here to pass time and my smash skill is declining.

zfear

Smash Rookie
Hey guys new to the forums, just imported brawl the other day. Thought i'd pop in. Living in south sydney

Add me to friends cos i need more people to brawl with...

FC: 3136 6415 6626

PS: hope this thread is where i should of introduced myself

-zfear

Zaidou

Smash Journeyman
Not really but then again who Cares? Can't wait to get MY HANDS ON BRAWL

And what is this Update thing anyway?

EDIT: For My Wii to Play BRAWL I Meant.

Bjay

Smash Lord
When you buy Brawl you gotta download an update (it's probably 3.1E or 3.2E) anyway it's mandatory otherwise you can't play the game.

You have no choice but to download it, but with the freeloader it does something to it...Anyone who has the freeloader has had to download and yeah it's all good really :)

That said, your firmware should be at least 3.1E or 3.2E for Brawl, nothing higher.

blazinfire0

Smash Apprentice
Bjay what do you mean people who have the freeloader need to download it? I updated mine through the disk if that is what you meant nevermind.

When will the first sydney brawl tourney be? It would be nice to see if I am in fact any good at smash in comparison to comeptitive players

I only saw one melee tourney in sydney at smash (anime convention held in uni of NSW if i remember correctly) last year my friends wouldn't let me sign up not that i had a controller on me anyway

perpetual ownage

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys new to the forums, just imported brawl the other day. Thought i'd pop in. Living in south sydney

Add me to friends cos i need more people to brawl with...

FC: 3136 6415 6626

PS: hope this thread is where i should of introduced myself

-zfear
It is the right place to introduce yourself. Anyway, I'm in south Sydney so maybe we could meet up and play smash sometime lol. Don't limit yourself to wifi play, not that there's anything wrong with that.

Bjay

Smash Lord
The freeloader is designed to make your Wii temporarily region free not to mention make any updates you download useless. In this case, the mandatory update for Brawl, hence why it's okay to download.

Basically what I meant was, when you buy Brawl, you have NO choice but to download it, otherwise you can't play the game, a few other games had updates like Galaxy and I dunno what else lol I'll just use Galaxy since I didn't really buy many Wii games...or at least Wii games that had updates.

Ahh..the tourney at UNSW! A.K.A. Smash@SMASH ;D Man that was the beginning of a couple of fail tourneys.

I had fun Smashing too at that tourney but the way I entered the losers bracket was just ergh...(lol Samus player). Worst match for me ever. Especially when you consider the fact I was on Dreamland too.

Also not to mention the fact that the tourney didn't finish and there was no double so yeah :(

Brawl tourney? lol, I don't see it happening any time soon :)

Top Bottom