• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sydney Smash Thread - Comrades Of Xeno -

Bjay

Smash Lord
Awakening was on GB. Play it on an Emulator if you will or...another way ;)

I'd say Emulator is the way to go for it.

perpetual ownage

Smash Journeyman
Emulator is for the lose because of keyboard control. I downloaded awakening on emulator and I couldn't do nothing so I bought it on eBay. So much better being able to play using traditional controls.

Bjay

Smash Lord
I disagree. I think keyboard controls are great (GB controls ain't THAT traditional o_o' haha aww my See-thru coloured GB is still alive <3), since you can set it up whatever you want the controls to be, and it isn't a joystick based game, (don't like keyboard/d-pad for joystick based games, e.g. Smash).

lol what do you mean you couldn't do nothing? ;s (oh i just realised there's two questions in that question)

But yeah I find it's better with older generation games to just go emu all the way as it's more convenient.

perpetual ownage

Smash Journeyman
Keyboard works for shooters and RTS. Nothing else really but I Still play Advance wars and Fire Emblem on emulators because they are fine with the control.

Gameboy is traditional because it is a replica of the NES control scheme and the NES is the first good, influential, home-based console control scheme that has shaped the modern controllers that we use today like Xbox 360 and PS3. I like to play like that. Keyboard is stuffy and I tried to customise but it still didn't work for me so I just bought it.

I used to have a clear, see-through Gameboy. I shouldn't have sold it.

Dedu

Smash Lord
Ugh Sam.

I played too many adventure games on Emulator. Link's Awakening and Oracles of Ages were two main ones I played. I had to experiment with the keyboard layout for a while to work out the best configuration for adventure games -
So far for a generic layout was WSAD for direction, Enter for Start, Tab for Select, Shift for A and CRTL for B.
BUT when it came to the GBA/SNES emulation, that was a whole different key layout all together >.<

Jason.
Don't forget that Link's Awakening has one of the best game music endings ever for the GB. Seriously it blows your mind.
Spoilers incase Jaz wants to play Link's Awakening.

Dammit its making me feel like I wanna play Link's awakening all over again.
Nah I'll just get the soundtrack.
Play it on the bus. ^_^ Ballad Wind Fish music FTW.

xeno

Smash Ace
Keyboards work fine for GBA/NES/SNES IMO -- no analog controls means you customize your keyboard.. I remember playing Super Metroid with keyboard, felt great. GAME PADS ARE AVAILABLE. I'm totally getting one or two.

This might be the last time you guys see me for a while! I'm transporting to the USA on Wednesday the 5.. and assuming I come back I'll be back the 23'rd. Come wish me good bye and good luck in my travels!

mi-goreng

Smash Rookie
xeno,

mi-goreng plus 1 for saturday... will be there round 1-2... one gamecube and one ****ty control...and a copy of melee

xeno

Smash Ace
Sweet. 32-40 Gibbens St. Camperdown NSW 2050
maps.google.com (do not attempt if you are chicken salad)

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
competitive brawl thread means i need to think about things, anyways... so hungover just dropping in and saying hi and stuff!

edit: bjay deathnote is crap after episode 20 theres better stuff out there...

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
Emulator is for the lose because of keyboard control. I downloaded awakening on emulator and I couldn't do nothing so I bought it on eBay. So much better being able to play using traditional controls.

I hope you played it for less than 24 hours as an evaluation, cause piracy makes baby jesus cry.

Zaidou

Smash Journeyman
Hi Jaz, and Anyone else who doesn't Know Me yet, I'm Zaidou, New Kid on the Block.

And yeah, the real deal is ALWAYS Better. Can't do any of My Yoshi Combos on Emu.

Dedu

Smash Lord
Yeah. The same can be applied to Brawl and a modded wii. Oh we're just getting Brawl off the net because you won't release it in local stores already. And it's for free.
Who wouldn't dismiss that kind of opportunity?

All because Nintendo is delaying Brawl in Australia.

Zaidou

Smash Journeyman
By broke I just meant that all the $ I AM Making is going to My Japanese Exchange Trip.

perpetual ownage

Smash Journeyman
Illegal stuff is illegal. The only way to stop it is to not support it. It is hard when so many people do it.

Downloading GBA ROMS or older = legal. DS ROMS = Illegal.

perpetual ownage

Smash Journeyman
In that case, if it is true. I own the original of all the games I have on ROMS anyway. I'm going to delete my ROMS because I don't like them and it is taking up hard disk space.

EDIT:

People Making Nintendo Emulators and Nintendo ROMs are Helping Publishers by Making Old Games Available that are No Longer Being Sold by the Copyright Owner. This Does Not Hurt Anyone and Allows Gamers to Play Old Favorites. What's the Problem?

The problem is that it's illegal. Copyrights and trademarks of games are corporate assets. If these vintage titles are available far and wide, it undermines the value of this intellectual property and adversely affects the right owner. In addition, the assumption that the games involved are vintage or nostalgia games is incorrect. Nintendo is famous for bringing back to life its popular characters for its newer systems, for example, Mario and Donkey Kong have enjoyed their adventures on all Nintendo platforms, going from coin-op machines to our latest hardware platforms. As a copyright owner, and creator of such famous characters, only Nintendo has the right to benefit from such valuable assets.

You were right Syke but it is a shame for those who were unborn. I wasn't old enough to hold a Gameboy at the release of Link's Awakening so it would seem right to download as it is no longer being sold commercially and probably wont be ever again. I bought it off of eBay. The money didn't go back to Nintendo. As I said before anyway, I am going to delete my ROMS, not that anyone cares, but I also bought everything that I had emulators on Wii shop channel and eBay so morality level is neutral Combo Turtle.

Zaidou

Smash Journeyman
There's an EB near Me w/ a small Bargains Cabinet full of GBA Games, so THOSE, at least, are still on retail.

And what Bargains they are. Street Fighter 2 for <$10. Too bad It sucked on GBA tho.

Jaz

Smash Ace
i think of it like this

aus gets games later then everyone else
nintendo doesn't know how to spell australia let alone recognise it has a fan base in the country
eb ripps aus off
so aus can do whatever they like rom wise

Zaidou

Smash Journeyman
You really appreciate what's Right and wrong as far as Gaming Goes, don't You? I can Respect That. It's not that I feel guilty or anything, but I'm a Collector. Real Games have a Charm. Cartridges Smell Good. Etc.

EDIT: Jaz also has a point. But Japan also screws Europe over, just in a different manner than We are. I hear the poor sods over There never got Animal Crossing.

Bjay

Smash Lord
GB games - no more than the size of a song in megs.

Roms are illegal whether you own or not, not that we don't let it sstop us from playing.

Australia has a strong economy yes, but we're still getting screwed over. Prices are not justified.

at least it's great for importing :D

ill always <3 roms.

perpetual ownage

Smash Journeyman
I say if we got lot's of people to call Nintendo and complained about how they screw EuroAustralia, maybe, just maybe we could make a difference.

EDIT: Cartridges do smell very good.

Jaz

Smash Ace
i highly doubt nintendo would listen to us unless we called in the millions

they just dun make enough money, its not worth it money wise, apparently
thats the only reason i can see for them screwing us over

or maybe they hate us who knows, they may fear the kangaroo as some kind of devil

Zaidou

Smash Journeyman
Would that really make a difference? I mean, this reminds Me of the Guy who sent Nintendo a Mail asking if there would be GIANT ENEMY CRABS in the next WarioWare. And got an automated response thanking Him for Caring enough.

Top Bottom