• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sydney Smash Thread - Comrades Of Xeno -

Bjay

Smash Lord
Marth isn't broken >_>"

Brawl's awesome. Could care less. But then again adapting to the variety of speed for several fighting games helps, speed never bothered me.

Brawl's awesome. Oh wait I said that.

Thanks for hosting the meet you guys :p Thanks for the Brawl experience too. I WANT MOREEEEEE :((!

Woo, I'll be 20 years old this Monday haha ._. (18th)

Dedu

Smash Lord
LOL.

Xeno. Drink more alcohol and less Taurine Red Bull. That'll help slow down your game to the Brawl playing speed.

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
I do believe the game has competitive potential despite its speed xeno, however it is unlikely that it will be as deep and long lasting as melee. We'll just have to wait and see i guess. Nice marth xeno :)

p.s im hungover and we went to some seedy as bar full of angry lebanese people, worst night ever! probably would've been better if i didnt find my car keys.

Dedu

Smash Lord
ps being drunk is worse then being donkey kong in brawl
Depends Xeno. You can drink heaps and think you're better than DK in brawl or end up tripping over because you lost your balance trying to dash dance IRL.

Better that you never found you car keys lol. Squirtle in your avatar? Does that mean you'll be maining P Trainer?

unreon

Smash Ace
it was cool sam, how come you didnt show up? lucky you didnt though, cause we moved the meet to kullas place and i didnt have ur number...i was worried you would show up to mine and we just wouldnt be there.
Yeah, that would've been a real tragedy, that. Lucky it didn't happen!

(hugs and kisses, Pat =P)
Unreon wants Melee 2.0 because he wants to win with a flashy , gimpy falco all over again.
He keeps commenting 'brawl as "weird".

Final Smashes ftw. THIS IS LANDMASTAAAAA! *kicks other players into the killzone*
Hey, *I* was the one who used Landmaster to hilarious effect LOLOL. Landmaster killing everyone by flying is HILARIOUS HAHAHAHAH. But there was this one time Bjay's Samus let loose, I jumped behind her to charge a smash...and then I got sucked into the beam!! He proceeded to kill all three at once, what happened? =(

And I want Melee 2.0 because it was balanced in so many aspects - weight, combo ability/vulnerability, recovery ability, projectile game, kill ability, grab games...it's not all about being technical and gimpy. Say what you want about the top tier, but it was very balanced in mechanics. I would love Melee 2.0 because of this, but instead Brawl removed alot of the balance, negating things like fall speed, grab games, and to an extent recovery to a common standard, and that's just removing elements, not evolving.

But I'm going to give it a chance, it was fun playing. Pat/Kulla said they're warming to it, and I trust their opinion. John however doesn't like it? =(

PS: just to let everyone know, I haven't told anyone yet, but please use "unreon" all in small caps. It looks nice and parallel that way LMAO. Kind of like the ocean horizon.

xeno

Smash Ace
Yeah, that would've been a real tragedy, that. Lucky it didn't happen!

(hugs and kisses, Pat =P)

Hey, *I* was the one who used Landmaster to hilarious effect LOLOL. Landmaster killing everyone by flying is HILARIOUS HAHAHAHAH. But there was this one time Bjay's Samus let loose, I jumped behind her to charge a smash...and then I got sucked into the beam!! He proceeded to kill all three at once, what happened? =(

And I want Melee 2.0 because it was balanced in so many aspects - weight, combo ability/vulnerability, recovery ability, projectile game, kill ability, grab games...it's not all about being technical and gimpy. Say what you want about the top tier, but it was very balanced in mechanics. I would love Melee 2.0 because of this, but instead Brawl removed alot of the balance, negating things like fall speed, grab games, and to an extent recovery to a common standard, and that's just removing elements, not evolving.

But I'm going to give it a chance, it was fun playing. Pat/Kulla said they're warming to it, and I trust their opinion. John however doesn't like it? =(

PS: just to let everyone know, I haven't told anyone yet, but please use "unreon" all in small caps. It looks nice and parallel that way LMAO. Kind of like the ocean horizon.
orly.
yeah unreon did own a bit much with final smashes from what i saw.

and ty turtle. if i play brawl again im playing marth.

TBH everyone, I think it will be played for a few months until it's released here, then everyone will get on WiFi.. then you'll start missing those good ol' melee smash meets, complete with wavedashing and.. *sob*, WHY SAKURI, WHY?

perpetual ownage

Smash Journeyman
orly.
yeah unreon did own a bit much with final smashes from what i saw.

and ty turtle. if i play brawl again im playing marth.

TBH everyone, I think it will be played for a few months until it's released here, then everyone will get on WiFi.. then you'll start missing those good ol' melee smash meets, complete with wavedashing and.. *sob*, WHY SAKURI, WHY?
Brawl's Wi-Fi is a joke. Nintendo needs to get serious with online. I know I wont be playing much online.

So is everyone going to be maining Marth in Brawl?

Berimbau

Smash Journeyman

yeah but jason, thats the sort of stuff that people say "brawl is a new game" to. and thats the stuff we just need to get used to. when i first played melee i thought grabs were ******** cause they had no knockback relative to 64. i thought they were **** until i later realised they could be used to start combos and stuff.

ive already found grabs to be useful in brawl even though they dont work the same way as they did in melee. the point is this is all the sort of stuff we just need to get used to and i think once we do it will work.

its not just the grabs, thats just an example. just gotta get used to all aspects of the game.

Dedu

Smash Lord
Yep that's right Pat.

Different game, same basic mechanics but different physics engine/knockback/priority etc. Aerial combat seems to be very important in this game. I for one think a jump/recovery after an airdodge is a godsend. More flexibility in the air makes it more deeper to combat aerial wise compared to Melee.
Tripping over bananas is a new move! Abuse it FTL.

Bjay

Smash Lord
LOL Stu hahaha :p

Yeahhhh Airdodge and being able to jump is really wonderful.

Well I pretty much love Brawl altogether :) Heh, I want to play it some more :D

*heads back to death note*

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Did someone say BRAWL?

Hello 'oldies', I know I disappeared after only one meet ever, but if someone is hosting a brawl meet sometime I'd love eto come, that is, if there are any planned for the near future.

All in all; graduated high school, finished HSC, doing Engineering at UNSW. Another 5 years of school = ftw.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
im coming up to sydney on march 1-2 with my sis (driving up) and ive got the whole weekend free - i miss you guys again so itll be good to catch up

if someone knows how i can get a hold of a small boat that isnt $$$$ for a day's rental let me know - thx

xeno

Smash Ace
Simon has a bunch of them sitting in the dock next to where he works, I'm sure you could pick one of them up. He and Jaz did, to fetch a tennis ball. March 1/2 is on a saturday/sunday? Post away for details, I'm interested.

mi-goreng

Smash Rookie
g'day all.

just looking for sydney tournies or meet ups. im a melee player but havent played in quite some time cause theres no one i know to play... cept for the same people and they're all over playing...

wondering if any games are coming up or matches, etc... i've only been playing the same guys so ill probably get smoked by u guys but it good for learning... i sound like im on a match maker website i know.

Dedu

Smash Lord
March 1/2 is on a saturday/sunday? Post away for details, I'm interested.
All I know is Cao is interested in the Mardi Gras event on Saturday 1st of March. Its unlikely a smash event will happen unless one is organised on Saturday during the day.

Mi-goreng - As far as I know, I'm not sure if any smash meets are happening in the near future. Nah you don't sound like you're on a matchmaker website. Most of us post on this board so if you keep asking around I'm sure someone will let you know of a smash meet.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
hmmm, ill go to the mardi gras if my sis invites me to something cool but id rather visit and hang out with you guys instead - and do the boat thing

Berimbau

Smash Journeyman
to mi goreng

hey, nice to meet you. if a meet is held any time soon it will probably be a brawl one not a melee one, and we're all bad at brawl so we wont smoke you :)

to cao

i usually go to mardi gras, maybe we can go together! not in a gay way or anything....

NG7

Smash Lord
WTF!

MI GORENG!?!

That is deadset the best gaming alias i've ever heard. Frikkin champion.

**** my only problem is the packet size isn't big enough. You have to eat 2 packs to satisfy cravings.

Dedu

Smash Lord
All because Mi Goreng is an MSG bomb.

I've had it once and it gave me thirst cravings for more than 5 hours in the afternoon. Next time I buy another one I'll just throw out the sachet and make my own har har.

Pat I'm going to the Mardi Gras too. Is Simon coming too? And Tom?

xeno

Smash Ace
I thought Mardi Gras. was for gay people.
r u gay? i'm not and i'm not going.

Hey Mi Goreng, I play Melee and Guilty Gear #Reload (and I don't like Brawl!), I live in Newtown and am up for meets any night after 6pm or on weekends. Our meets are fairly scattered and random. A lot of times a few people will meet without telling anyone, or only tell people the day of etc. Add us all on MSN, mine's quantumpotato@hotmail.com; I'll give you other people's MSNs online. See you around.

mi-goreng

Smash Rookie
NG7 - i've had the name for a while and some 'mates' that i had known for a couple years didnt even know my real name for a while... *******s.

I thought Mardi Gras. was for gay people.
r u gay? i'm not and i'm not going.

Hey Mi Goreng, I play Melee and Guilty Gear #Reload (and I don't like Brawl!), I live in Newtown and am up for meets any night after 6pm or on weekends. Our meets are fairly scattered and random. A lot of times a few people will meet without telling anyone, or only tell people the day of etc. Add us all on MSN, mine's quantumpotato@hotmail.com; I'll give you other people's MSNs online. See you around.
will add you...i dont use msn much but ill check every now n then.
im down for any meets. i work in st leonards till 530 so can meet after.. otherwise i live out west but can travel out... never played quilty gear but ive been pumped to play brawl.

whenever you guys are free im up for playing.

xeno

Smash Ace
cool. yeah people didn't know my "real name" for months.. and then they forgot it.
brawl is.. dissapointing imo. but talk to kulla/pat about it, since they are the ones with the copies (who don't live in wollongay)

Dedu

Smash Lord
im down for any meets. i work in st leonards till 530 so can meet after..
I live at Mosman so going to St Leonards isn't a prob for me yahyuzzz. There aren't many smashers on the North Shore.

Brawl is maaad. Soo different to Melee physics wise but the basic stuff is still there. People complain how its not as fast as Melee but look at how far Melee progressed to the level it is now. I just like how there's so much depth involved with aerial combat in this game.
Unreon and I were versing each other at Kulla's place. There were so many opportunities in one of the battles we had that would've killed each other if it was in the Melee game but in Brawl it its altogether different. You a higher chance of recovering and retaliating as well as more evasive maneuvers that are unique to each character.

Marth Fsmash... you know you want to.

mi-goreng

Smash Rookie
i can head down any day after work... always down for a game...

ive been waiting for brawl for a while so i can play on wifi... not many people i know play so its hard to find someone to play against and practice... i think wifi will help that

unreon

Smash Ace
mi goreng (props for the best name onn hte boards), where do you live? You said west? yippee! play with me!

PS: sorry for horrid grammae i'm typing while flossing. it's hard =(

mi-goreng

Smash Rookie
mi goreng (props for the best name onn hte boards), where do you live? You said west? yippee! play with me!

PS: sorry for horrid grammae i'm typing while flossing. it's hard =(

blacktown area... will be moving to parramatta shortly...
but yeah man... im up for playing a game of smash with you... as far as playing WITH you... i think ill be alright without

keep in mind... im not the best... just let me know when n where though

Bjay

Smash Lord
Hey mi-goreng!

I'm from the Bankstown area :D

Woo you rock! Even more cause you have a sense of humour :p

I look forward to vsing you in Smash some time ^_^ Whether that be Melee or Brawl.

unreon - darnit I still wanna vs you in snk vs capcom 2 and third strike.

Jaz

Smash Ace
omg i played smash at a friends without WDing today...
so strange it was...
xeno next time there is a meet, bring melee if you want, that way you'll have something to do.

tafe is gonna get really hectic... really quick so i may be out for meets soon

also, caotic is interested in hosting a meet on a boat of some kind, in sydney when he comes down...

who would be interested for smash@sea?

Bjay

Smash Lord
:p lol Jaz.

I give up on the Final Stage of Story Mode T_T

dunno how you did it unreon/Chicken Salad.

The only other hard stage I found that I never ended up completing was Save Jody. But yeah the stages after that took like half an hour worth of losses lol individually.

BAHHH I want that last character :@@@

mi-goreng

Smash Rookie
anyone good for this weekend for a game? got my copy of melee and my control that was chewed up for a dog all ready....

anyone know where to get OG controllers? ive got a gangsta sized calice on my thumb from the chewed up stick. looks like a foot ball... or a colorado boot....

Top Bottom