• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sydney Smash Thread - Comrades Of Xeno -

Jaz

Smash Ace
ok so sydney died while i was away?

leteme ask some questions...
where are my tvs :p
when is someone doing a meet, maybe i should do one, and get back my tvs? who knows, i'll consult my schedule and hopefully see you guys next week

so whos free next week, i can only take one day off work so, what day should i have off?

get back to me guys, soz i've been away

oh and lol hi to everyone that said hi ._.

who is perpetual ownage? i want to meet this awesome person

perpetual ownage

Smash Journeyman

when is someone doing a meet, maybe i should do one, and get back my tvs? who knows, i'll consult my schedule and hopefully see you guys next week

so whos free next week, i can only take one day off work so, what day should i have off?

get back to me guys, soz i've been away

oh and lol hi to everyone that said hi ._.

who is perpetual ownage? i want to meet this awesome person
You met me Jaz. I vs you in friendlies. I played Sheik. I beat your Link, then you owned me with your awesome Falcon. I am young, like 15, you are probably more fammiliar with my friend who was playing Marth. He got into top 16. You took him out.

perpetual ownage

Smash Journeyman
cause u blocked me on msn and i downloaded it so i didnt have to pay for it
Do you ever feel unhappy playing, knowing that you have stolen something from Nintendo? And I only blocked you because I was sick of talking to you.

You are hurting the honest folk at Nintendo who have been working so hard on Super mario Galaxy for many years and the retail stores like Revolution CD and EB Games who sell the games. And why did you even boast about how poor you are that you have to steal to entertain yourself?

Dedu

Smash Lord
Sif I care LOL.
This nearly made me crack up.

I played emulators on the computer and I still do. They're great for getting hold of those impossible to get games or have a ridiculously high price labelled on them.
Speaking of High prices, I've been 'window shopping' at stores in the city and every game there has a $99 price on it. Is there anywhere in Sydney where the stores don't charge high prices? Even JB Hi Fi is doing the same... $90 - $99 per game. >.<

Dedu

Smash Lord
Sif I care LOL.
This nearly made me crack up.

I played emulators on the computer and I still do. They're great for getting hold of those impossible to get games or have a ridiculously high price labelled on them.
Speaking of High prices, I've been 'window shopping' at stores in the city and every game there has a $99 price on it. Is there anywhere in Sydney where the stores don't charge high prices? Even JB Hi Fi is doing the same... $90 - $99 per game. >.<

Bjay

Smash Lord
I don't think gaming prices in Australia are justified.

We practically pay double of what the US pay for games, and look at the comparison of the Aussie and US dollar.

i'm still alive.

I'll be free on Tuesday/Wednesday, if anyone wants me to host a meet, let me know in advance.

xeno

Smash Ace
Hey perpetual.. you know economy's are just made up rite? that how much **** costs ist just made up by the people selling it. games cost $5-$50 (yesi bought mgs2 one of the best games ever for $5) in the usa, and here they cost over 100. **** paying those prices. i'm content to pay a few bucks for an awesome game, but i'll never drop $100 to buy a crap or just mediocre game. i've been playing freeware indie games, i just found tigsource.com and it's awesome.. and i'm actually seriously thinking about buying an indie game because of all the awesome reviews / poeticness of it.
you blocked turtle?? wtf! dude turtle's one of the coolest guys in sydney, even when he's not here and is owning noobs in wolfensteinlologong. and if u think u can beat him again.. money match him, best of 5 double-blind character picks. he'll own u and he owns most of sydney ;).
look dude, you gotta decide if yer gonna take what ppl give u or if ur gonna take what u want.
if intendo sez pay $100 bucks for our game at eb games and u dont want to, then say **** it and dl it or rip it or w/e. when i buy something i only buy if i really want it. i dont spend money to be a consumer *****.
im not gonna spend most of my free (as in free time, profit, left over) money on games. i can play awesome ones i already have and download, make or borrow the ones that are worth playing. yer money is a valuable resource, dont burn it away on 100 boxes..

the same goes for music, or sex, or friends, or love, or revelations and philosophies -- dont pay for **** that has an invaluable price.

and yes dude, it rly is funny. read my post again so u understand why..

and yeah ps. me and a friend are making a game where you play a dude tripping on lsd and you have a sword and have to sneak and fight yer way past cops who have disinegration tasers and grenades. and when its done u can all play it for free.

Bjay

Smash Lord
I don't think gaming prices in Australia are justified.

We practically pay double of what the US pay for games, and look at the comparison of the Aussie and US dollar.

i'm still alive.

I'll be free on Tuesday/Wednesday, if anyone wants me to host a meet, let me know in advance.

Bjay

Smash Lord
Smashboards is being annoying today, I sent that post ages ago >_>

lol woah xeno went super saiyan xD

xeno

Smash Ace
(rough chat transcript from the event)
"Hey Xeno, he uninstalled Tremulous." (the noob's friend)
"I made him quit? Awesome" (me)
"You *******, noobs should be allowed to play too" (clanmate)
"The dude ran in a straight line RIGHT AT ME -- he's not a noob, moronic. He has no future in videogames" (me)
"Well he used to play a lot of old games.. like DOS games and stuff." (clanmate)
"Maybe he's only used to moving in straight lines." (other guy)

perpetual ownage

Smash Journeyman
My only Internet access I've got at the moment I'd an iPod and I don't like the keyboard so I can't respond to everything you guys have said properly. I heard that the Government is the reason why games in Australia are so expensive. Nintendo/Microsoft/Sony can't control the expensive prices. I hope Labor fixes that.

xeno

Smash Ace
Greedy shop owners are the reason games are so expensive.
And apologize to Turtle for blocking him.

xeno

Smash Ace
p.s. the proper way to respond is '**** u guys i'm gonna train my *** off in brawl come back and OWN YOU ALL AND FORCE YOU TO PAY $2100 per TITLE AT THE STORE!".
that's imo. the rest, might or might not agree.
there's only one way to settle this.
chicken. with airplanes. and nuclear missiles.
gentlemen, enter the arena.

Bjay

Smash Lord
JB Hi-Fi and Big W will probably have Brawl cheaper than EB and GAME

They did it for Galaxy and Metroid.

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
Do you ever feel unhappy playing, knowing that you have stolen something from Nintendo? And I only blocked you because I was sick of talking to you.

You are hurting the honest folk at Nintendo who have been working so hard on Super mario Galaxy for many years and the retail stores like Revolution CD and EB Games who sell the games. And why did you even boast about how poor you are that you have to steal to entertain yourself?

No, it makes me feel even better knowing that that i have stolen something from nintendo, those greedy ****s made me pay for repairs on both my ds's which should've been covered under warranty ones was a hinge crack for ffs and also im not hurting revolution cd which is the only shop we should care about because they hold tournies for us and the reason im not hurting them is because ill buy the pal version of ssbb when it comes out and i would've never bought SMG if i had not been able to obtain it for free.

perpetual ownage

Smash Journeyman
No, it makes me feel even better knowing that that i have stolen something from nintendo, those greedy ****s made me pay for repairs on both my ds's which should've been covered under warranty ones was a hinge crack for ffs and also im not hurting revolution cd which is the only shop we should care about because they hold tournies for us and the reason im not hurting them is because ill buy the pal version of ssbb when it comes out and i would've never bought SMG if i had not been able to obtain it for free.
And yet you still play their games. Why don't you buy a PS3? Sony products are very hackable and you can play competitive Tekken and Gran Turismo. The graphics are better and online is free. Blu ray support and Metal Gear Solid 4 add to the awesomeness. You can't go wrong with a PS3.

Dedu

Smash Lord
JB Hi-Fi and Big W will probably have Brawl cheaper than EB and GAME

They did it for Galaxy and Metroid.
Yep they will

But yeah but no but yeah only on preorders before the games come out.
Speaking of which, I brought Pokemon Battle Revolution for $65 using the 'le olde switcheroo'.
The game was for $99 in JB Hi-Fi (BIG rip off) but I found another crap Vii game and switched the prices on them.
Went up to a sweet innocent checkout purpel haired chick, she fell for it and I paid the VVee game for $65! WTF so doing a very old cheap trick can get you bonuses and price discounts! Has the world gone maaaad?!?

EB is Fail. JB is starting to become BJ
So is Nintendo. DSes are going down like water down a drainpipe.
Talk about stock and demand! I CANT GET A DEE.ESS!
Getting my credit card tomorrow. That should rectify c0ck shortages in stores.
The bigger, the better.
Nah, the more the merrier. Three sums four the win.

Zeino, sif that noobsause will learn not to charge at people in games like Tremulouse.
What was he? Alienne or humane?

xeno

Smash Ace
dude he was alien, the dretch the weakest one. i just saw him running and went like.. yeah 5 bullets into you, yer dead. call the votekick, he quits. XD
TREMULOUS.NET NOOBS

Dedu

Smash Lord
Ha ha. Would of been funnay if he was tyrant and just running round LOL.
Dretch is falien...

*tentative* - for those interested.
Lets all go out to Manly/Bondi for the day this saturday/sunday. Bring your swimmers and sunscreen. Don't forget the munny. Be there by 10:30am.

Dedu

Smash Lord
Sure. Have fun watching that tv screen while we all take a break and go out for the day.

xeno

Smash Ace
smashers dont swim :p
berimbau cant swim

Stu, do you play Tremulous at all? You should totally search for "xeno" and join me in a game some time.. :D
I've been playing on the NETWARS server, which has like 12 ping for me, and sharing is on, so you can share evo points / credits to teamates, good for you if you wanna prac stuff and train without being stuck at rifle/dretch for minutes :X (i remember those days..)

xeno

Smash Ace
Stu, are you doing anything today? Your phone isn't working.
And everyone else is busy, or sleeping (lame guys, srsly).
If you wanna chill out, play smash/guilty gear, hang out in Newtown, post/msg/msn/call/ w/e]
Whoever hangs out with me today gets to see the work-in-progress game me and a friend are maing too :D

Bjay

Smash Lord
Yeah sorry xeno, you already know i gots a headache lol ><"

Haven't played Smash since Revolution.

Yep they will

But yeah but no but yeah only on preorders before the games come out.
Speaking of which, I brought Pokemon Battle Revolution for $65 using the 'le olde switcheroo'.
The game was for $99 in JB Hi-Fi (BIG rip off) but I found another crap Vii game and switched the prices on them.
Went up to a sweet innocent checkout purpel haired chick, she fell for it and I paid the VVee game for $65! WTF so doing a very old cheap trick can get you bonuses and price discounts! Has the world gone maaaad?!?

EB is Fail. JB is starting to become BJ
So is Nintendo. DSes are going down like water down a drainpipe.
Talk about stock and demand! I CANT GET A DEE.ESS!
Getting my credit card tomorrow. That should rectify c0ck shortages in stores.
The bigger, the better.
Nah, the more the merrier. Three sums four the win.

Zeino, sif that noobsause will learn not to charge at people in games like Tremulouse.
What was he? Alienne or humane?
JB is starting to become BJ?

Why would it be $99 ? Only in EB should it be that price. Why did you buy PBR? o________o'

Top Bottom