• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWIMMING :D Yeah, confirmed.

Feryx

Smash Apprentice
Legend of Stafy plz k thnx

Also, it would be great if water acted like lava to Charizard

Yoshi King

Smash Cadet
NNID
YoshiKing8
I hope Sonic gets his life jacket to swim like in Olympic Games, =P.
Oh lawd, Sonic gets a life jacket? That's beautiful! Haha oh wow. I'm interested to see how this will affect Squirtle and Charizard... Squirtle will be a champ underwater, but I'm liking the idea that water acts as lava to Charizard.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
cool to see pika in the water. but honestly, pika was so close to the satge that pika might of just been standing on the part of the island that was hidden by the water but right under the waterline. i think pika was possibly just standing on the stage with most of the body covered y water...peace

-hiroshi

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
cool to see pika in the water. but honestly, pika was so close to the satge that pika might of just been standing on the part of the island that was hidden by the water but right under the waterline. i think pika was possibly just standing on the stage with most of the body covered y water...peace

-hiroshi
but he was bouncing in the water. :p

Lightsaberboy

Smash Champion
it still looks like it might be only their second jump, but the motion is different since they're underwater. if they can just easily swim back up to surface then it'd be easy to recover from those water stages and you'd have to smash them sideways or up

Devastlian

Smash Lord
If this really is swimming and not just slowed down when in water then automatically SSBB>SSBM. Roffle roffle roffle.

Also, Surfing Raichu > Surfing Pikachu. Real rodents don't need surfboards.

cccck

Smash Journeyman
wow... I remember you calling this, good find, good find, water stage would be cool...

Cojiro

Smash Journeyman
On a more serious note than surfing pika, it looks like sakurai is very willing to play with different media for characters to travel through.

Think this discovery + wind stage in Stadium 2 + Gravity settings in special brawl.

Is there anything this game doesn't do?

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
I was going to make a witty joke about Bowser, but that reminded me of another fire-based heavy weight - Charizard. It can't swim. Would it take damage from having its tail in the water? And yes I remember that one episode of the anime where Charizard is tossed into shallow water...
I remember that according to the Pokedex, if the flame on Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard's tail goes out, the Pokemon will die.

Seems to me Charizard might act like a wet cat. Right before he gets tossed in the water, he'll halt midair, turn up, and hover over the water lol. Naw not really but it will contradict his profile if he was swimming in Isle Delfino lol.

Space_Pirate_Fox_McCloud

Smash Apprentice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8hwJ2Usri4

It really does look like characters can swim now, that or they float in the water. About 42 seconds into the video, Fox appears to bob across the water more than the two allowed jumps. I really can't tell if he's swimming via player control, of if he's floating across the water, but it does appear that the water will affect characters that land in it (I assume "swimming" characters would have to be spiked to be KOed in the water).

Kamaka

Smash Cadet
To those saying charlizard would react to water like lava, does that mean he can react to lava like water? :) That'd be clever if he could swim around on norfair.

Xengri

Smash Journeyman
Wouldn't the trainer just be smart and you know, call Charizard back into the pokeball? Switch him out with Squirtle before he touches the water or something.

And how can a character like Ike swim? That sword has got to be heavy. How can any swordsmen swim?

Hong

The Strongest
Wouldn't the trainer just be smart and you know, call Charizard back into the pokeball? Switch him out with Squirtle before he touches the water or something.

And how can a character like Ike swim? That sword has got to be heavy. How can any swordsmen swim?
I think if he can throw a sword that large that high into the air and always catch it with 100% consistency, he can darn well support it's weight while swimming. Link, even at a young age, swam great distances with even more equipment than he brings to the Brawl. :p

0rion

Smash Journeyman
Swimming is sooooo gunna be used for mind games. I can think of so many ways I'm going to use this tech to my advantage, but I guess I betta not read to much into it. Then again, soooo many possiblities!

Dang, and it's gonna suck monkey junk for characters who can't swim or fly. Special ablities will be a must this time around.

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
Swimming is sooooo gunna be used for mind games. I can think of so many ways I'm going to use this tech to my advantage, but I guess I betta not read to much into it. Then again, soooo many possiblities!

Dang, and it's gonna suck monkey junk for characters who can't swim or fly. Special ablities will be a must this time around.
I have a feeling everyone will be able to swim regardless.

Tsukuyomi said:
PROVING SWIMMING EXISTS!!!

0:42 - Zoom in on the bottom left... Fox is stroking upwards as trying to swim...
1:00 - Before and after Peach's Final Smash, mass of people swimming on the bottom...

Hippochinfat

Smash Ace
I bet squirtle will swim fast. Sonic and charizard will probaly be taking damage from swimming though, or maybe they can't swim at all.

Darkurai

Smash Master
I bet squirtle will swim fast. Sonic and charizard will probaly be taking damage from swimming though, or maybe they can't swim at all.
It's said in the anime that if the flame on a Charmander's tail goes out, it dies.

Poor Charizard.

Hippochinfat

Smash Ace
Bbq

It's said in the anime that if the flame on a Charmander's tail goes out, it dies.

Poor Charizard.

Yea, it says that in some of his pokedex entry's to. I think they'll just make him take heavy damage regardless of what the pokedex and anime say.

Top Bottom