• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF Low-Tier Tourney: Samus

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I main random. Samus is just my favorite/best. I use more characters than her(no single one has the most usage/ranked results/w.e) in competitive and casual Smash. How does that work out?

And hot ****, we shoulda sent Cherry in. He's hella good.

Also, leave Smash G O D alone. He got the 3rd farthest, has his own opinions, and is a pretty cool guy who doesn't afraid of anything. Everybody did their best, no need to to make them feel worse, and this isn't the place for this argument anyway. IMO, Smash wouldn't have even made it on our side if he wasn't considered a Samus main.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Yeah, main has to do with "one." It may be synonymous with other words like "primary," "first," "principle," "chief." If someone is your main man, that means he's your favorite male friend or hero. You cannot have more than one favorite. You have mainstay, which means "chief support." You have mainframe, the central process of a computer. You have main street, the principle street of a town. You have main office. You can only have one main office, or else it's no longer the main office. It would look something like this.

Main: Samus
Alternatives: Zero Suit Samus, Pit, Donkey Kong, and Diddy Kong.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Well people often refer to their character usage as this:

"Main: Samus
Secondaries: Sheik" (my personal data)

As far as I'm concerned, go to data on your wii, check your personal records and see who is used the first most and second most. Those characters are your main and secondary, respectively.

Alternatives would refer to any other characters you use, but not to the extensive amount that they become your main/secondary.

Regardless of whether or not SMASH GOD is a Samus main or Samus secondary, he still uses Samus skillfully, and to that I give him credit

As far as who was going to be sent to the SWF Low Tier tourney, I told you guys that Cherry was the ****. We're talking wifi, not real life. KingChaos would have been more viable for his record too. But it's whatever, good job everyone for representing.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Ismar, if i meet you in wifi low tier bracket, do u feel you could go further than me in the tourney? If so, ill give you my win.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Meet each other in the bracket before making these decisions. lol

Unless you both think you'll knock every player leading up to the Samus ditto. XD

Xyro77

Well if vex wins his next match, me and him will play our wifi match in REAL LIFE at hobo 19 this weekend. Which means if i win(its bowser vs samus, lololololol) ill play ismar next. In general i do not play wifi, im just so good at dittos and playing the ledge, people think im SIIIIICK at wifi. So if me and ismar played, i would most likely win but if ismar is just flat out better than me over all on wifi ill gladly give it up. Wifi is not important to me, all i care about is samus getting top 5. PERIOD.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Well if vex wins his next match, me and him will play our wifi match in REAL LIFE at hobo 19 this weekend. Which means if i win(its bowser vs samus, lololololol) ill play ismar next. In general i do not play wifi, im just so good at dittos and playing the ledge, people think im SIIIIICK at wifi. So if me and ismar played, i would most likely win but if ismar is just flat out better than me over all on wifi ill gladly give it up. Wifi is not important to me, all i care about is samus getting top 5. PERIOD.

I wouldn't underestimate him, yes your great at ditto's but he is good with the Fi.
anyways treat it like a real tourni would you? dont' give up spots lol, ***** and say it is stupid all you want, and yes it kind of is, but you minazwel play for real, it kind of showcases what each char can do.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
IsmaR vs Xyro. Pay-per-view-only. Final Destination Battlefield.

Also, if you're planning to do your match by this weekend, I might have to wait a while to do our match/decision. I'm going to Vegas(omgimightmeettudor) from Saturday onwards.

Xyro77

........................ geez.

i have never had to wait as much as i have in this event. yargh!

but yea, if u just want FD or BF i can do that.

Patch94

Smash Rookie
IsmaR vs Xyro. Pay-per-view-only. Final Destination Battlefield.

Also, if you're planning to do your match by this weekend, I might have to wait a while to do our match/decision. I'm going to Vegas(omgimightmeettudor) from Saturday onwards.
lol. Pay-per-view only. And its cool, that you and Tudor have a chance of meeting each other in person.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I prefer SV to either of those, actually. But dramatic effect is dramatic effect.
Also, on the off chance I can get Internet over there/get done getting ****ed up, I might be able to play while over there(ironically, that might be better than my ****ty connection here at home).

And same thoughts here, Patch. Haven't heard from him in a while, I just hope he's alive.

Btw, good luck Xyro. With your match, and at HOBO

Xyro77

Ismar, i won my match! Lets go!!!! I think i have a REALLY good shot at getting top 4 at this thing.

PM me when u see this.

Xyro77

THANK YOU, you did really well! I am officially the LAST SAMUS in the event. I really think i can get top 4 if i ledge stall hard enough on certain match-ups.

Xyro77

vex had to give up his match but im still playing him live this saturday. ill post the live stream ink in the social boards

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Doesn't Samus have like legit good matchups vs just about all of low tier?

Is Luigi low tier? Fox? even so, they're all gimpable.

Doesn't Samus have like legit good matchups vs just about all of low tier?

Is Luigi low tier? Fox? even so, they're all gimpable.
Luigi and Fox are both Mid, but both are winnable matchups. Xyro has a really good chance to get top 4 <3.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
I was thinking that those two would be the only semi difficult matchups ;P

Sometimes you might get outspeeded by Falcon and Sonic, but in those matchups you gotta up b a lot.

Pokemon Trainer is also sometimes worrisome because of Squirtle and sometimes Ivysaur... Charizard, as a large character, is kinda easy though.

Xyro77

F!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im finally out! I lost to Galeon(lucas). I got 9th place over all. NOT TOO BAD!

LanceStern

Smash Lord
Help me figure out why the Lucas match is so tough Xyro.

I faced Oats, who has a scary good Lucas... but I lost because I didn't know he could stage spike me with PK Thunder, so I lost a total of 3 stocks over the 2 games I faced him.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Help me figure out why the Lucas match is so tough Xyro.

I faced Oats, who has a scary good Lucas... but I lost because I didn't know he could stage spike me with PK Thunder, so I lost a total of 3 stocks over the 2 games I faced him.
So... you won both? Or won one? Is that sarcasm?

confused...

Top Bottom