• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

Djmarcus44

Smash Journeyman
Time for the votes!
-1:4wiremac:
-1:4lucas:
-1:4link:(Inb4 radical Larry)
+1:4olimar:
-1:4miigun:( has potential, but not up there. Routa may have some input on this)
3312 Gunner is up there because of his/her amazing neutral due to the excellent projectiles Mii Gunner has (grenades can be wavebounced, and they are great for edgeguarding and combos. Fair is a great zoning projectile with low landing lag, great range, and it allows Gunner to be very mobile with gundashing. Missiles are a great pressure tool that also combos well into Gunner's moves. Bombs are a safe option for shield pressure and landing when they are used in a full hop, and they are also good for combos). Gunner's advantage state is improved due to the good amount of combos gunner gets from the projectiles of 3312 (these combos are in the Mii Gunner true combo and follow up thread). Gunner also has a very good disadvantage state due to the great landing option in bomb (gunner can also use gundashing and lunar launch to mix up his/her landing and gundashing to the stage helps mix up Gunner's recovery), and the small, somewhat heavy frame of gunner (gunner has above average weight, and gunner is relatively difficult to jab lock). Normally, Gunner wouldn't be this high, but the miis are higher since they are allowed to use their best movesets for this tier list.

:4rob:+1
:4dk:+ 1
:4miibrawl:+ 1
:4miisword:+ 1
:4miigun:+ 1

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Sonic is not a top 4 character. He hasn't been since the early days of Smash 4.

I mostly agree with what you said about Pikachu. What I don't understand is why after months of being considered an incredibly good character with the best recovery in the game and an insane neutral, he still only has one rep. It's so weird and I want to know the reason right now.
Top 4 no, but top 10/ Tier 2 yeah

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Sonic is top 5 imo because of match ups, nice results, and more which I will explain later. I don't k ow who the number 4 spot goes to though

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
1: :4sheik::4zss:
2::rosalina::4sonic:
3::4pikachu::4diddy::4fox::4ryu::4metaknight::4mario::4ness:
4::4bayonetta::4cloud::4corrin::4tlink::4villager::4yoshi:
5::4myfriends::4falcon:(:4darkpit::4pit:):4peach::4greninja::4luigi::4lucario::4mewtwo::4pacman:
6::4lucas::4wario::4bowser::4gaw::4kirby::4marth::4miigun::4rob::4dk::4falco::4littlemac::4link::4megaman::4olimar::4robinf::4wiifit::4miibrawl::4miisword:
7::4shulk::4bowserjr::4drmario::4charizard::4lucina::4feroy::4palutena::4samus:
8::4dedede::4duckhunt::4ganondorf:
9::4zelda::4jigglypuff:

+1:4wario: So....... why exactatly is he worse than Mewtwo? Wario is top 20.

+1:4duckhunt: Great projectiles, decent matchups, pretty good aierals and specials, great representation in Japan and pretty good representation everywhere else due to Dandypenguin and the Canadian one on the home page, decent jab, good dash attack. TMNTSSB4 TMNTSSB4 will probably go insane though

+1:4bayonetta:Salem won KTAR, so the no results thing is inaccurate. Even though, she's pretty clearly a top tier, even if Greninja and Jigglypuff can escape her 0-to death.

+1:4diddy: Instead of downvoting Sonic, we should probbaly up vote many of the other top tiers. I think we can all agree Rosalina isn't in her own tier between the same tier that Diddy and MK are in and Sheik-ZSS tier. Which would put :4diddy::4fox::4metaknight::4ryu::4sonic::4cloud::4ness::4mario::4pikachu::4villager: in the same tier as Rosalina, though below her (Note that that was not in order apart from Diddy)

-1:4link:This character is pretty crap tbh, I honestly think he's worse than :4jigglypuff::4miigun::4dedede::4duckhunt::4shulk:. Which are all usually placed above him.

Other thoughts:

:4cloud: is defitenly not that low

:4rob::4olimar: should each go up too.:4dk: can stay.

:4mewtwo: Defitenly isn't HIGH tier yet.

:4dedede::4bowserjr::4samus::4feroy::4charizard: Aren't quite that low

:4lucina: should be right behind Marth instead of way below him

:4tlink: should be a little lower

:4jigglypuff: Is nowhere near last.

:4corrin:Is way overrated, i don't think he's high tier. I'd say he's about as good as:4megaman: and:4dk:

:4palutena: Is pretty bad. I'd place her bottom 3 when Miis have all moves

:4miibrawl: Should be higher with all moves.

:4bowser: isn't quite that high

:4greninja:Could be higher.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
1: :4sheik::4zss:
2::rosalina::4sonic:
3::4pikachu::4diddy::4fox::4ryu::4metaknight::4mario::4ness:
4::4bayonetta::4cloud::4corrin::4tlink::4villager::4yoshi:
5::4myfriends::4falcon:(:4darkpit::4pit:):4peach::4greninja::4luigi::4lucario::4mewtwo::4pacman:
6::4lucas::4wario::4bowser::4gaw::4kirby::4marth::4miigun::4rob::4dk::4falco::4littlemac::4link::4megaman::4olimar::4robinf::4wiifit::4miibrawl::4miisword:
7::4shulk::4bowserjr::4drmario::4charizard::4lucina::4feroy::4palutena::4samus:
8::4dedede::4duckhunt::4ganondorf:
9::4zelda::4jigglypuff:

+1:4wario: So....... why exactatly is he worse than Mewtwo? Wario is top 20.

+1:4duckhunt: Great projectiles, decent matchups, pretty good aierals and specials, great representation in Japan and pretty good representation everywhere else due to Dandypenguin and the Canadian one on the home page, decent jab, good dash attack. TMNTSSB4 TMNTSSB4 will probably go insane though

+1:4bayonetta:Salem won KTAR, so the no results thing is inaccurate. Even though, she's pretty clearly a top tier, even if Greninja and Jigglypuff can escape her 0-to death.

+1:4diddy: Instead of downvoting Sonic, we should probbaly up vote many of the other top tiers. I think we can all agree Rosalina isn't in her own tier between the same tier that Diddy and MK are in and Sheik-ZSS tier. Which would put :4diddy::4fox::4metaknight::4ryu::4sonic::4cloud::4ness::4mario::4pikachu::4villager: in the same tier as Rosalina, though below her (Note that that was not in order apart from Diddy)

-1:4link:This character is pretty crap tbh, I honestly think he's worse than :4jigglypuff::4miigun::4dedede::4duckhunt::4shulk:. Which are all usually placed above him.

Other thoughts:

:4cloud: is defitenly not that low

:4rob::4olimar: should each go up too.:4dk: can stay.

:4mewtwo: Defitenly isn't HIGH tier yet.

:4dedede::4bowserjr::4samus::4feroy::4charizard: Aren't quite that low

:4lucina: should be right behind Marth instead of way below him

:4tlink: should be a little lower

:4jigglypuff: Is nowhere near last.

:4corrin:Is way overrated, i don't think he's high tier. I'd say he's about as good as:4megaman: and:4dk:

:4palutena: Is pretty bad. I'd place her bottom 3 when Miis have all moves

:4miibrawl: Should be higher with all moves.

:4bowser: isn't quite that high

:4greninja:Could be higher.
:4duckhunt::4duckhunt::4duckhunt:I LOVE YOU:4duckhunt::4duckhunt::4duckhunt:

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
-1 :4mewtwo:I don't he is top half, and ahead of other characters
+1:4rob:Too good to be this low
+1:4wario:^
+1:4dk:^^
+1:4villagerf:I think she is on the same level as :4ness:

Routa

Smash Lord
People still tend to underrate Miis' capabilities.
+ :4miibrawl:
+ :4miigun:
+ :4miisword:
- :rosalina:
- :4sonic:

I think we should downvote Rosa&Luma + Sonic so we can get rid of tier 2. It hurts my eyes.

valakmtnsmash4

Smash Ace
NNID
yathshiv
"Jiggs nowhere near last"
I see where you are coming from, maybe Zelda and GANON are worse, but she is pretty bad

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
-:4mewtwo: He's better than before, and his mains have been putting in work, but still too high on the list right now.
+:4falcon: Definitely isn't mid-tier.
+:4rob: Below Marth lol
+:4bayonetta: Not even a month and she's already getting results. She has both the tools and the results to support her being in high-tier.
+:4cloud: Probably the best swordsman in the game, with Ike or Corrin coming second. He forces approaches against nearly every character and his aerials beat out every other aerial. Takes a technical player to bring out his potential, but nevertheless he's very good.

Good to see the list starting to take a decent form. If I could I'd also vote Rosa up and Sonic down.

Last edited:

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
+1 :4rob: Seriously, how has he not moved up yet? Good projectiles, amazing and versatile recovery, great combo and kill throws, great power, and one of the best up smashes in the game.
+1 :4ryu: How does no one see that he's easily tier 2? Amazing frame data, combos without end, insane kill potential, and Focus Attack are among the many things he has. Need more evidence? Ask Trela.
+1 :4wario: Great aerial game, amazing recovery, brilliant setups, and the Waft are among the reasons he's high tier.
+1 :4marth: Probably the most debatable vote of mine, but I think that Marth, especially after the plentiful buffs, can get really far in the meta game. A little bit of frame data and range and a lot of power has been improved, and really that's all he needed.
+1 :4miibrawl: Given that all custom moves are allowed, this was an easy choice.

Last edited:

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
Have you seen that set between Mew^2 and Mew2king yet? Not that a single set decides a character's tier placement but man... That set was insane. Mewtwo definitely has huge potential.
Yeah, I saw that set, it's the main reason why I mentioned the mains putting in work. In that case it was mostly Mew^2 making some incredible reads and M2K dropping the ball a bit. Still, it was a great demonstration of Mew2s are capable of.

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
:4samus: I think should be a bit higher honestly. I'm not really sure about this placement, but Samus has been putting in more work than Roy really does.

For :4mewtwo:, I think that's actually a pretty good spot for him. I think people are saying that he's "high tier" but, clearly, that's not high tier, that's mid mid or upper mid. It's around 29th spot? I dunno. He has a lot of players doing a ton of stuff with him and he's got a great amount of tools. A huge amount of stuff, really. I'm unsure about this one, too, but knowing Mewtwo as a player of him, I think he can be part of the upper cast.

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
+1 :4marth: Probably the most debatable vote of mine, but I think that Marth, especially after the plentiful buffs, can get really far in the meta game. A little bit of frame data and a lot of power has been improved, and really that's all he needed.
Exactly how far Marth will go is all up to how much his players want to use him. Marth is certainly noticeably better after the 1.1.4 buffs, but take it from a Marth main; he didn't rise up a huge bunch (he's certainly better now, but it's not like the time Ike went from one of the worst to a potential high tier).

Personally, if we are being uber kind, I could see him at the top of mid tier. The buffs he received help him out in a lot of ways, both directly and indirectly. For example, the range increases are easily the most noticeable buffs. Marth now has a lot more reach, and due to the nature of his sweetspot, means that he can now space slightly further away, buffing his defensive and safety game. But look at the moves that got tipper buffs... Fair, Ftilt, Dtilt, Nair... oh, all Marth's best spacing/neutral tools! So, indirectly, Marth's neutral was buffed (though very minor, and it's still lackluster). He also got damage increases, directly remedying one of his faults, which was lack of damage. However, again this leads to another indirect buff. The higher damage actually means opponents are in hitstun for longer, helping Marth's combo game. Tied in with the tipper range increases, Marth can get that extra hit in too in a lot of occasions where it just missed before. The damage increase on Fair also means it can kill a lot earlier now, gifting Marth with a safer move to kill at that gray percent before Uthrow starts killing. And with the Dthrow to Uair/Bair combo discovered recently, that gives Marth another option in specific matchups. All this together, it's clear Marth has improved quite a bit from 1.1.3.

However, better AC frames and more reward off a grab (as in more reason to grab) could see Marth rise up into the higher tiers IMO, but as it stands, I think he is much more viable now (to the point of him being tourney viable), but still isn't super fantastic. Where is he now, 33rd? I would say, being uber nice, he could be about 28/29th or so. I don't think he should be any lower than the 33rd place he currently is though.

Just a disclaimer: I'm not disagreeing with your + vote for Marth, just merely explaining what the buffs do for him.

Last edited:

The Puffer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4485-1171-5786
:4palutena:+1 Cause PrinceRamen.
:4lucina:+1 Should be closer to Marth
:4marth:+1 Should be a bit higher.
:rosalina:+1 I think she should be in the top tier with :4sheik:&:4zss:, but that's just me (all girls tier FTW)
:4jigglypuff:+ She is probably bad (very bad) but not the worst. Even if her meta doesn't develop, she should be at high or middle low tier.

Jumpo

Smash Cadet
+1 :4bayonetta::4dk::4greninja: (These guys have all been made to look like absolute beasts in recent tournaments)
-1:4ganondorf::4corrin: (I just haven't seen anyone do well with Corrin, maybe it is too early yet but Bayonetta's qualities are obvious)

D

Deleted member

+1 :4bayonetta::4dk::4greninja: (These guys have all been made to look like absolute beasts in recent tournaments)
-1:4ganondorf::4corrin: (I just haven't seen anyone do well with Corrin, maybe it is too early yet but Bayonetta's qualities are obvious)
..Have you never seen Ryo or Ryuga's Corrin?

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
I'm just going to put this out there: Corrin's a great character and I'm not just saying that cause I main him now. He's not as overwhelming as the Cloud or Bayo, but he already has one of the best disjoints in the game.

Jumpo

Smash Cadet
..Have you never seen Ryo or Ryuga's Corrin?
I have not, I have seen a couple in tournament, including Larry Lurr (not sure how good he is with Corrin but he is an amazing player in general. I just feel like Corrin hasn't been proven to be better than characters like Falcon, Greninja, Luigi, and even in the same tier as he currently is with Bayo, Villager and Cloud. Not saying he is bad at all though :)

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Yea, like a lot of Corrin's moves are bad, his jab, dash attack, some of his aierals, I'm pretty sure most of his tilts, and throws are bad. He has some nice stuff with side b and some good combos, His range with many moves, espicially forward smash, and his smashes in general are good, and his down b is really powerful, so he stays in upper mid, but he defitenly isn't high tier and is extremely overrated.

Last edited:

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Yea, like 80-90% of Corrin's moves are bad, his jab, dash attack, some of his aierals, I'm pretty sure most of his tilts, and throws are bad. He has some nice stuff with side b and some good combos, His range with many moves, espicially forward smash, and his smashes in general are good, and his down b is really powerful, so he stays in upper mid, but he defitenly isn't high tier and is extremely overrated.
This is not Corrin. The only like non useful move in his aresanal is Up smash and side tilt. Everything else is good for combos and killing, besides forward and back throw as well.

Top Bottom