• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
:4ness: :4fox: :4mario: :4sonic: :4ryu: :4diddy: :4yoshi:
Is there a way that I can vote to keep these characters in this tier instead of voting to move them up or down? I think this tier is perfect the way it is.
You can go +1 on a character as a counter-vote to prevent them from moving down.
You don't have to make a + or - vote. If you don't want this tier to change, just list your placings. Also, you don't have to worry about voting a character up so they don't go down. It's possible that the character could just end up going up that way then. At this point in time, I think Yoshi is in fear of going down, so if you want to see this tier as it is, give Yoshi a +1.

Dcas

Smash Journeyman
Really, all 4 are at the same level of viability as the best characters in the game. You could shuffle around those 4 and most people wouldn't care. All I'm saying is that this character in this tier is just a tiny bit better then this character in the same tier.
Alright, got it. Thanks for explaining.

Zeth444

Smash Apprentice
:4ryu::4diddy::4fox::4ness::4mario::4yoshi::4sonic:

+:4ryu: φ Its not hype, he really is that good. Down-B is just an Amazing movement tool that helps recovery, landing and avoiding hits. Side-B passes trought most projectile edgeguards, is a great recovery. Shouryuken is just perfect, good recovery and with SF imputs get early kills with tons of set-ups for it. He also has good hit confirms out of almost all Ag his aerials, Haduken, stunning frame data, insane option coverege, kinda heavy and kills decently early.

+ :4yoshi: φ I hate myself for countering, I know he is pure theory, but... Im sorry...

scapemaster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NotAnotherSteve
3DS FC
0061-0653-8978
I think Yoshi might actually move up a tier with all the Yoshi +1's I'm seeing... XD

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
I would actually be really salty if Yoshi actually gets promoted because of counter voting. Literally everybody except Yoshi have both results and theory to back up their high tier status.

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
If Yoshi moves up the world is over. Unless we get like 20 Yoshi wins at nationals before it changes that is...

Apeirohaon

Smash Apprentice
:4sonic::4mario::4ryu::4fox::4diddy::4ness::4yoshi:
-1 yoshi (seriously he should be down by luigi. even in theory he's not that good... i'd put both my votes into yoshi if I could)
-1 ness (requires a secondary, unlike everyone above him)

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
No; he means that if Yoshi gets upvoted this round, everyone will downvote him next round. Since only one character can go down a tier per round, then none of the current top tiers would have any reasonable chance of going down.
Ah, the way I read it, it seemed like he wanted people to move him up to tier 1, and leave him there.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
:4sonic::4mario::4ryu::4fox::4diddy::4ness::4yoshi:
-1 yoshi (seriously he should be down by luigi. even in theory he's not that good... i'd put both my votes into yoshi if I could)
-1 ness (requires a secondary, unlike everyone above him)
Fast heavyweight that can throw out 33 moves per second...he sounds pretty damn good in theory to me.

:4sonic::4mario::4yoshi::4fox::4ryu::4diddy::4ness:
-1 Diddy
-1 Ness

Apeirohaon

Smash Apprentice
Fast heavyweight that can throw out 33 moves per second...he sounds pretty damn good in theory to me.

:4sonic::4mario::4yoshi::4fox::4ryu::4diddy::4ness:
-1 Diddy
-1 Ness
he has trouble killing (which is a huge weakness) and obviously his grab + grab reward is terrible. I'd also like to quote one of dabuz's posts that I agree with:

Dabuz said:
Yoshi not being high tier is even simpler than that, he's a bag of tools but none of them flow well with each other, leaving him as a very linear character. Combine that with a heavy reliance on jumping around and poor footsies and well...you get Yoshi.
he's also just too honest sometimes. he doesn't have anything overtuned like other characters (sheik's neutral, zss's punishes, luma, bananas, sonic's camp game, shoryuken setups, mario's frame data, fox's ground mobility, ness's grab stuff, mk's punishes, falcon's punishes + ground mobility, villager's projectiles and stuff) that he can fall back on if he just needs to power through a set. This also means the player never gets a 'break', which is tiring. It's similar to the Pits

definitely worse than MK/Falcon/Villager at least

Routa

Smash Lord
Like others have said Yoshi is good on paper, but that is pretty much it. His grab is horrible, has hard time killing, his only good OoS option is Nair which is okish. Yoshi has hard time punishing foes shielding due to his horrible grab, meh command grab etc. Only somewhat good move against shield is his Dair, but it is still not that great when you compare it to Faptain's, Mario's or Diddy's grab reward.

Browny

Smash Hater
UPDATED :)

Wow that was a close one, Mario, Sonic and Diddy were inseparable for a long time but they slowly spread out.

Now to top tier... and after this there will be one bonus round where everyone is allowed ONE VOTE on the entire tier list to move a character and their movement will depend on how many votes they get. The top 5 characters voted to move can move within, or up a tier depending on how many votes. This list will be finished in one week!

Last edited:

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
:4sheik::rosalina::4pikachu::4zss:

-1 :4zss: Relies solely on grab punishes. Once you get past her bread and butter, she's a pretty straightforward character.

Not really much else to say about this tier...

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
-1:4zss:
-1:4pikachu:
I'm not the kind of person to call someone top tier over 1 person playing them (ESAM and Nairo, with an occasional Officer Jenny...ovassionally)

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
:4sheik::4pikachu::4zss::rosalina:
Phew, this was a tough round to vote for. So many choices...
EDIT: +1:4pikachu:So much PIka h8... this character is seriously way too good, guys.

Last edited:

Routa

Smash Lord
:4sheik::4zss::rosalina::4pikachu:

- :4pikachu: Let me ask you what does Pikachu have? Awsome frame data? Check. Amazing recovery? Check. Reliable KO moves? Meh. Great MU spread? Would say so... So what makes me think he should be in tier2? Lack of results and theory being in the same lvl as characters in tier 2.

"BUT ESAM!"

Can you name other high lvl Pikachu players? There is a reason why Esam is pretty much only high lvl Pikachu player. Esam doesn't beat people cause he uses Pikachu... He beats people 'cause of: lack of MU knowledge and higher player skill. This is also why his Samus is so good. He is simply amazing player. In my eyes these are the reasons why Pikachu shouldn't be placed in top 5.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
:4sheik::rosalina::4zss::4pikachu:

-:4pikachu:: Pikachu is a great character who is without a doubt currently the 4th best in the game. He's got a lot of tools and techniques that help put him there. However, he also has a lot of disadvantages that I feel should make him the top of A-Tier. I personally view him as just a bit better than Fox, and if Pikachu "deserves" to be S-Tier, than Fox does too. However, neither of them are up-to-snuff when it comes to S-Tier.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Maybe people downvote him for a reason? I would like to hear some counter arguments.
That's funny, I haven't really heard any "reasons" for downvoting him either, other than "m-m-muh results!!!" Anyway, I can't really think of any bad moves Pika has (not counting customs), other than... D-smash, maybe? I guess you could say he has some trouble ending the stock, but hey, look at Sheik. Besides, it's not like Pika has any trouble tacking on damage anyway. I can't really see how a character with such a viable kit all around can be considered not S-tier. As if that's not enough, the shield changes pretty much cemented him in top tier.
I, for one, would like to know where all this overnight Pika hate came from...

Last edited:

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
:4sheik::rosalina::4pikachu::4zss:

+1 :rosalina: An improved Ice Climbers. (She's on par with Icies.) Luma is actually more powerful than Rosa with certain moves, and Luma respawns, making Rosalina not at a big disadvantage on her own. This is mostly a countervote because I'm predicting that many people will vote her down, but she is definitely top tier.
-1 :4zss: Relies mostly on grab combos, and even so, up B can only be comboed into at lower percentages. Only with down B or combos from high platforms does she reliably kill.

Last edited:

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
:4sheik::4zss::rosalina::4pikachu:

+1 :4pikachu:
+1:4zss:

Countervotes against the "only 1 guy wins with them so they MUST be bad" argument

Last edited:
Top Bottom