• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
Omg Shiek should not be at the top. He is the worst. He is so friggin cheap. All he ever does is side B and down air. I don't know what game you guys are playing, but it's not the same one I'm playing.
I'm not sure what game you're playing if you think Sheik isn't at the top, but it's obviously not the same game we are talking about right now. In fact, Side B and Down Air are Sheik's worst moves. Stop trolling.

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
...what even am I reading? Ok, so steering back on topic...

Obviously I have stated my opinion that I think Ryu could potentially be in tier 1 now, but a tier 2 position would still be respectable.

Other than that, I don't think any other character from our current tier 2 deserves to be up there with Sheik, Pika, ZSS and Rosalina.

Last edited:

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Omg Shiek should not be at the top. He is the worst. He is so friggin cheap. All he ever does is side B and down air. I don't know what game you guys are playing, but it's not the same one I'm playing.
This guy is playing smash 5 where sheik is bottom tier

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
I like how this thread got derailed by a single troll. He should go fishing more often, cause you're all taking his bait lol.

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
+1 Ryu
-1 Peach
+1 DK,
+1 Roy
+1 WFT
+1 Little Mac
+1 Dr. Mario
+1 Ganondorf
That's not how it works. We have a set group of characters in one tier. In this case:

:4ness: :4diddy: :4ryu: :4mario: :4fox: :4sonic: :4yoshi:

You can order these in any way you like, and you have 2 votes, which can go +1 [character in the current tier], which would bump them up to the next tier above them, or -1 [character in current tier] which drops them to the tier below, and you cannot vote for any character in a locked tier.

Also, F FoxBrawler269 - you forgot Diddy Kong completely.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Any more spam posts, or posts responding to spam posts, will be given infractions.

TimG57867

Smash Ace
+1 Ryu
-1 Peach
+1 DK,
+1 Roy
+1 WFT
+1 Little Mac
+1 Dr. Mario
+1 Ganondorf
On top of what TDK said, the character who gets the highest +1 score will go up while the one with the most -1 will go down. Unless 2 characters tie and blow the rest out of the water, only one will go up and down respecitively. Therefore, you can also use your votes as counters. You can vote a character down if you don't want them to go to tier 1 and you can vote them up if you don't want them to end up in tier 3. Thus it's important to not just vote based on your own opinion but also look at what many others are doing. For instance, :4yoshi: already seems to have a ton of -1s, so if you want to him to drop, you should probably save your vote for something else unless he suddenly gets a ton of upvotes. Hope that makes it clear.

NotEvenAmatueR

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Teamplays
Hello all. I decided to make my first contribution to this thread. I apologize if I do something wrong. My order for tier 2 is...

:4mario::4fox::4sonic::4ryu::4diddy::4yoshi::4ness:

Mario- amazing combos, edgegaurding tools, and frame data allow Mario to take advantage of so many situations and do well.
Fox-Incredibly nimble and precise. I would put him in tier 1 if he had just slightly better kill options.
Sonic-Amazing because of his speed and manuverability, however, he sometimes has projectile problems.
Ryu- Basic neutral game and not 100% the best frame data, but insane kill options and tools that allow him to stand out among the top tiers.
Diddy Kong- The best neutral game in the entire cast, and tons of momentum jerkiness that sometimes makes him hard to deal with.
Yoshi- No real results, but he has amazing frame data and aerial speed, as well as an amazing projectile that helps with his combos.
Ness- He has amazing frame data, and is a great all-around character, however, his recovery holds him back a ton, especially against Rosalina and Sheik.

As for Viability:
Mario: +1
Yoshi: +1 (Counter Vote)

No other votes needed. I am not trying to move Mario up because of main bias, but I do think he can work in tier 1.

Last edited:

Golden Rainbow

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2707-2708-0253
You think that Sonic and Yoshi should be in the same tier as Sheik, Rosalina, Pikachu, and ZSS? Sonic, Maybe, Yoshi, no.
I'm taking my local metagame into account, where one of the best players in the country is a Sonic main (aside from the other already good Sonic mains) and we have insane amounts of Yoshis bringing trouble to the brackets. They bring top-tier tournament performance to the table, so my chips are on them.

The problem is that Sonic is much more common (along with Sonic mains having a trend in character loyalty that stems from Brawl) in any player level and any scenario, while some competitive scenarios barely have good Yoshis at all (e.g. Japan where Yoshidora is one of the best players out there and USA that barely sees any Yoshis in mid-high level)

aεrgiα

Smash Journeyman
sanic is basically a "u either think he is top tier or u dont" character, since most people should know his strengths and weaknesses, but what do u all think about diddy, i think he could actually be top 5 again with the current patch, his neutral is great. his banana is amazing, hes got absolutely no trouble killing(similar to ryu), just look at banana setups and dtilt to usmash, hes got a strong throw game, his least used move is probably nair, a move which is far from being bad, his dtilt is stupid now with the shield changes, his aerials are crazy good, hes got a good movement option with side b, which is also a command grab, i want to say his up b is pretty gimpable(which it is) but it still shouldnt be underestimated, i was watching nakats stream a while ago when zero was there and he did some crazy stuff with that recovery to avoid getting gimped by nakats pika. whilst his peanut gun isnt an amazing projectile, its better than having none. the hoo hah may not be as stupid as it used to be, but ive seen enough high level games where diddy players kill with it to know: its still there, not as potent but still there. so....

Opinions?

Last edited:

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
sanic is basically a "u either think he is top tier or u dont" character, since most people should know his strengths and weaknesses, but what do u all think about diddy, i think he could actually be top 5 again with the current patch, his neutral is great. his banana is amazing, hes got absolutely no trouble killing(similar to ryu), just look at banana setups and dtilt to usmash, hes got a strong throw game, his least used move is probably nair, a move which is far from being bad, his dtilt is stupid now with the shield changes, his aerials are crazy good, hes got a good movement option with side b, which is also a command grab, i want to say his up b is pretty gimpable(which it is) but it still shouldnt be underestimated, i was watching nakats stream a while ago when zero was there and he did some crazy stuff with that recovery to avoid getting gimped by nakats pika. whilst his peanut gun isnt an amazing projectile, its better than having none. the hoo hah may not be as stupid as it used to be, but ive seen enough high level games where diddy players kill with it to know: its still there, not as potent but still there. so....

Opinions?
Mah Monekh is back! WOO!!!

Golden Rainbow

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2707-2708-0253

Opinions?
Pretty good summary on Diddy. It doesn't really matter if he's top 5 or not since every character on 1 and 2 is a very competitive choice, but he really deserves his place at the top echelon. Just let the meta develop before you talk about "top X", it's just not that clear cut yet.

NotEvenAmatueR

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Teamplays
Also, as a followup to my previous post, here is my order for tier 1. I apologize if this is considered double posting.

:4sheik::4pikachu::4zss::rosalina:

Would put :4mario: at 5 if he was here.

Sheik: You already know.
Pikachu: Small and hard to hit, with great combos, a safe and excellent recovery, safe moves, and outstanding juggle-game and neutral game.
ZSS: Best punish game in the entire game, and she would be 2 if she didn't have a tether grab and had a better neutral.
Rosalina: Rosalina is amazing in most aspects, and she goes to mid-tier at worst when she loses Luma. If her matchups against certain characters like Captain Falcon, Meta Knight, and Pit were better, she could be top 3.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
NotEvenAmatueR NotEvenAmatueR

It's only double posting if you post twice in a row, with no one else posting in between. You're fine. ;)

Although, I'd hold off voting for tier one until it actually starts; your vote might not count if you post it too early (by virtue of being less easy to find).

Dcas

Smash Journeyman
Also, as a followup to my previous post, here is my order for tier 1. I apologize if this is considered double posting.

:4sheik::4pikachu::4zss::rosalina:

Would put :4mario: at 5 if he was here.

Sheik: You already know.
Pikachu: Small and hard to hit, with great combos, a safe and excellent recovery, safe moves, and outstanding juggle-game and neutral game.
ZSS: Best punish game in the entire game, and she would be 2 if she didn't have a tether grab and had a better neutral.
Rosalina: Rosalina is amazing in most aspects, and she goes to mid-tier at worst when she loses Luma. If her matchups against certain characters like Captain Falcon, Meta Knight, and Pit were better, she could be top 3.
Could you explain whats the difference between top 3-4? Ive never understood certain people that uses this term. I mean if you are top 10 it means you are extremely good, doesnt matter if you are top 9, top 7, etc. If you are in tier 1, thats what matters IMO not an irrelevant number.

But yeah id like to read your point of view since it might help me understand people that uses this sort of metric or whatever it is.

NotEvenAmatueR

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Teamplays
Could you explain whats the difference between top 3-4? Ive never understood certain people that uses this term. I mean if you are top 10 it means you are extremely good, doesnt matter if you are top 9, top 7, etc. If you are in tier 1, thats what matters IMO not an irrelevant number.

But yeah id like to read your point of view since it might help me understand people that uses this sort of metric or whatever it is.
Really, all 4 are at the same level of viability as the best characters in the game. You could shuffle around those 4 and most people wouldn't care. All I'm saying is that this character in this tier is just a tiny bit better then this character in the same tier.

Wiimas123

Smash Apprentice
Adding onto that, you can move fighters within tiers as much as your heart desires, Wiimas123 Wiimas123 .
Oh I didn't know that thanks. :)
+1 :4sonic:
-1 :4fox:

2::4fox::4mario::4sonic::4ness::4diddy::4yoshi::4ryu: (Pre-changes)
2: :4sonic::4fox::4mario::4ness::4diddy::4yoshi::4ryu: (After-changes)

Sonic is a great character. He has a lot of options and a lot of them are safe. He could also camp really well with Spin Dash so I think that he should lead Tier 2. Fox I feel like is a good character but he certainly isn't good enough to lead Tier 2 or be above Mario, Ness or Sonic. So I think he should move down multiple spaces but since I can only move him once this is the best I could do with what I have.
Ok I'm going to redo this because I did it completely wrong.
+1:4yoshi:

2.:4sonic::4mario::4ness::4fox::4diddy::4ryu::4yoshi:
I am going to +1 Yoshi as a counter because I think Yoshi should be in the bottom of tier 2 not in tier 3. But other than that I think this tier is perfect.

Last edited:

scapemaster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NotAnotherSteve
3DS FC
0061-0653-8978
:4ness: :4fox: :4mario: :4sonic: :4ryu: :4diddy: :4yoshi:
Is there a way that I can vote to keep these characters in this tier instead of voting to move them up or down? I think this tier is perfect the way it is.

NotEvenAmatueR

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Teamplays
:4ness: :4fox: :4mario: :4sonic: :4ryu: :4diddy: :4yoshi:
Is there a way that I can vote to keep these characters in this tier instead of voting to move them up or down? I think this tier is perfect the way it is.
You can go +1 on a character as a counter-vote to prevent them from moving down.

Top Bottom