• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

MrMajora

Smash Rookie
+1:4metaknight: Has been seeing increasingly good results, and I believe he can hang with the other tier 2's
+1:4ryu: Sort of obvious, it's why everyone else is upvoting him.

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
:4villager::4ryu::4myfriends::4pacman::wario::4peach::4falcon::4pit::4darkpit::4rob::4dk:

+1 Villager All I need to say is Renai

+1 Ike IDK IF COUNTER VOTES ARE A THING THIS TIME AROUND, its JUST IN THAT CASE

EDIT:Also, the next two tiers are gonna be a pain for me. Most of my mains/secondaries are there. Oh how i wish all the characters I liked were garb.

Last edited:

Equin0x

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Th3Equin0x
3DS FC
0189-9475-0972
God this thread is so toxic. :dramatic:

But on a serious note. It is really annoying when people use no common sense. If you've seen that 90% of the people in this thread have downvoted DK, just don't down vote him. It's a waste of a vote and it makes you look stupid. Now, instead of saying that I'm acting superior, why not try to look at what I'm saying and wise the hell up for once. Maybe you could learn a thing or two. But, instead, you just make a post saying how I'm acting like a jerk and it gets a ton of likes. The whole thing is just cringe-worthy and now I understand why I was told that community-voted tier lists suck.

It's, honestly, just hilarious now...
Honestly, you seem like the most, if not only, toxic one in this thread right now, and I've been responded to with
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tuxdude

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1908-0573-2312
:4villager::4ryu::4metaknight::4myfriends::4luigi::4rob::4peach::4pacman::4falcon:(:4pit::4darkpit:):4dk::4wario:

1+ :4pacman: With many amazing tools to control the stage i think he deserves to stay in tier 3.

1+ :4villager: hard choice, but between him and Ryu i think Villager is a bit better right now, if only because players have had more time to develop him. Though i wish they both could go up.

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
User was warned for this post
Why people should not downvote him? I haven't really heard any counter argument from your part. What can DK do if we don't count his grab game?

Main reasons why community voted tier lists suck are main bias, lack of MU knowledge, lack of reasoning and random tournament heros.

And yeah you kinda act like a jerk. Hell even I have acted like a jerk towards Doc, Samus and Roy voters, but you are going maybe a little too far.
I'm NOT saying he doesn't deserve to be downvoted! I'm saying that at this point he can't go any lower, so you're wasting a vote. So you guys can just keep ganging up on me like the internet freaks you are who spend your entire lives on a forum, or you can try to see what I'm saying. This argument has probably produced the most likes I've ever seen... :joyful:

Last edited:

CleanOgre

Smash Cadet
NNID
CleanOgre
I'm NOT saying he doesn't deserve to be downvoted! I'm saying that at this point he can't go any lower, so you're wasting a vote. So you guys can just keep ganging up on me like the internet freaks you are who spend your entire lives on a forum, or you can try to see what I'm saying. This argument has probably produced the most likes I've ever seen... :joyful:
You know, there is still time to apologize and say you goofed up.

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
You know, there is still time to apologize and say you goofed up.
You mean before I get banned? No way! I'm goin' down kickin'! :colorful: WOOOO!!! YOLO!!!

Let's begin: So what do you mean goofed up? You're saying because my opinion is different from yours I goofed up? This is the most ridiculous garbage thread I've ever laid my eyes on. Next time someone is unsure that the internet is a steaming pile of junk and that everyone on it is a demented recluse, I'll show them this. For now it's just amusing. But, at least it's helped me recognize the pattern. This is why I don't join forums. Joining Smashboards was a stretch for me because I've experienced this before and now I realize that my first instincts were right. It's the same trash-talking, 8-year-old run, dysfunctional mess as all other forums...

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Drop the arguments; this goes for both sides.

smashphan4

Smash Rookie
:4villager::4ryu::4peach::4falcon::4metaknight::4myfriends::4luigi::4pacman::4dk::4wario::4darkpit::4pit::4rob:

+1 Villager - Honestly could've picked Ryu, because I think both are worthy of the jump. They will both continue to rise IMO.

-1 ROB - not only does ROB have unfavorable matchups against nearly all the characters in the tiers above him, he also IMO loses to many of the characters in tiers below him (megaman and falco immediately come to mind). I even think he gets outranged and beaten by characters such as *gasp* Samus. His camp game is overrated, and he is too slow and heavy. Thank goodness for the beep boop, though. I'm aware of 8bit and MisterEric, just one smashers opinion.

^ I would also like to add that i think ROB struggles with most fire emblem characters, but perhaps thats just me. I am a mediocre player at best.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cyclone_

Smash Cadet
NNID
FLAMECMCT
God this thread is so toxic. :dramatic:

But on a serious note. It is really annoying when people use no common sense. If you've seen that 90% of the people in this thread have downvoted DK, just don't down vote him. It's a waste of a vote and it makes you look stupid. Now, instead of saying that I'm acting superior, why not try to look at what I'm saying and wise the hell up for once. Maybe you could learn a thing or two. But, instead, you just make a post saying how I'm acting like a jerk and it gets a ton of likes. The whole thing is just cringe-worthy and now I understand why I was told that community-voted tier lists suck.

It's, honestly, just hilarious now...
Agreeeeed

aεrgiα

Smash Journeyman
so im not here for one day and i miss out on all the fun :(
not trying to restart the whole thing but ill try to explain(in a non 8 y/o internet-esque way) why i would still downvote dk even if i had to vote now Xandercosm Xandercosm . the reason is because of the way i think the current voting system works, and that is that only one character will move up and one will move down(originally i thought it was only a single character moving per tier but this way works too, and better at that imo) so "I " think that in this tier ryu and vill should go up and dk should go down, but i think ryu deserves to go up more than villager. so if i follow ur advice based on the current standings i should vote for ryu and villager up (or maybe only villager as ryu is pretty much through as well) but in doing that i would contradict my own opinion because only one will move up(to my understanding at least, with last tier being an exception) and dk will move down, so if somehow villager suddenly gets more votes than ryu and moves up instead of him then my own votes contributed towards a result contrary to my own opinion(that was weird wording, couldnt think of a better way to put it though). now in my case its not as bad because im still voting for ryu(making my votes "cancel" each other out) but if i though ike for eg needs to go down and vote for ike and ryu(because dk is already going down), and ike overtakes dk then my choice of not down voting dk and voting ike down instead would have meant i basically voted for something which goes against my opinion. hope that makes sense and can maybe persuade u that even now, down voting dk may not be completely stupid after all :)

Last edited:

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
so im not here for one day and i miss out on all the fun :(
not trying to restart the whole thing but ill try to explain(in a non 8 y/o internet-esque way) why i would still downvote dk even if i had to vote now Xandercosm Xandercosm . the reason is because of the way i think the current voting system works, and that is that only one character will move up and one will move down(originally i thought it was only a single character moving per tier but this way works too, and better at that imo) so "I " think that in this tier ryu and vill should go up and dk should go down, but i think ryu deserves to go up more than villager. so if i follow ur advice based on the current standings i should vote for ryu and villager up (or maybe only villager as ryu is pretty much through as well) but in doing that i would contradict my own opinion because only one will move up(to my understanding at least, with last tier being an exception) and dk will move down, so if somehow villager suddenly gets more votes than ryu and moves up instead of him then my own votes contributed towards a result contrary to my own opinion(that was weird wording, couldnt think of a better way to put it though). now in my case its not as bad because im still voting for ryu(making my votes "cancel" each other out) but if i though ike for eg needs to go down and vote for ike and ryu(because dk is already going down), and ike overtakes dk then my choice of not down voting dk and voting ike down instead would have meant i basically voted for something which goes against my opinion. hope that makes sense and can maybe persuade u that even now, down voting dk may not be completely stupid after all :)
Well thanks for the explanation. I wasn't really aware of that. I think this tier list is a bit confusing. I guess I don't even know why we got into an argument at all... :urg: By the way, I like gorillas... ;)

BnW Lock

Smash Cadet
:4dk::4villager::4metaknight::4falcon::4wario::4myfriends::4peach::4pacman::4rob::4darkpit::4pit::4luigi::4ryu:

:4dk:+1 he's so stupid now!! He can beat my sheik and that's saying something

:4ryu:-1 too hard to play if I can't play him how would anyone else be able to

Last edited:

aεrgiα

Smash Journeyman
:4dk::4villager::4metaknight::4falcon::4wario::4myfriends::4peach::4pacman::4rob::4darkpit::4pit::4luigi::4ryu:

:4dk:+1 he's so stupid now!! He can beat my sheik and that's saying something

:4ryu:-1 too hard to play if I can't play him how would anyone else be able to
wait what?!? oh ok, ur being sarcastic, my b i didnt catch that at first, Ignore this(at least i hope ur being sarcastic considering ur reasoning :dizzy:)

Last edited:

BnW Lock

Smash Cadet
wait what?!? oh ok, ur being sarcastic, my b i didnt catch that at first, Ignore this(at least i hope ur being sarcastic considering ur reasoning :dizzy:)
Uh no? Whats your problem LOL ? Why would I bull**** my vote away?

aεrgiα

Smash Journeyman
Uh no? Whats your problem LOL ? Why would I bull**** my vote away?
because ur reasoning is pretty, well... interesting, to put it in a nice way, basically the ONLY player who could currently use that reasoning is zero, and i dont think u are zero to be completely honest :)

Last edited:

BnW Lock

Smash Cadet
because ur reasoning is pretty well... interesting, to put it in a nice way, basically the ONLY player who could currently use that reasoning is zero, and i dont think u are zero to be completely honest :)
Lol you for real? How about because my 'reasoning' is MY reasoning.
Lol who are you a cop??

aεrgiα

Smash Journeyman
Lol you for real? How about because my 'reasoning' is MY reasoning.
Lol who are you a cop??
what if i tell you i am :yeahboi: or maybe im just someone who cares for actually discussing about this game and the characters strengths and weakness, but i can see from ur reasoning and responses that ur not someone i would like to do that with, so sorry for taking your time, please forget i said anything, ill refrain from speaking to you in the future, better for both of us... and have a nice day:)

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Haha I didn't think that was sarcasm....

He thought it was sarcastic because right now Donkey Kong has a huge amount of votes down and Ryu has a ton of votes up.

Equin0x

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Th3Equin0x
3DS FC
0189-9475-0972
I thought it was sarcasm because I didn't think anyone could be that genuinely self-centered.

aεrgiα

Smash Journeyman
Haha I didn't think that was sarcasm....

He thought it was sarcastic because right now Donkey Kong has a huge amount of votes down and Ryu has a ton of votes up.
no i thought it was sarcasm because to say

"he's so stupid now!! He can beat my sheik and that's saying something"
and
"too hard to play if I can't play him how would anyone else be able to"

you are either ridiculously conceited or you are being sarcastic... im fine with him thinking that ryu should go down and dk should go up, but not with such stupid reasoning... simple as that

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
no i thought it was sarcasm because to say

"he's so stupid now!! He can beat my sheik and that's saying something"
and
"too hard to play if I can't play him how would anyone else be able to"

you are either ridiculously conceited or you are being sarcastic... im fine with him thinking that ryu should go down and dk should go up, but not with such stupid reasoning... simple as that
Oh yea I forgot the reasons

Although back when we did the 1st version of this, I voted based on who was funnest to play, no joke. I don't do that anymore, but still, It means he actually could have been srrs when you know you did something similar.

Last edited:

aεrgiα

Smash Journeyman
Oh yea I forgot the reasons

Although back when we did the 1st version of this, I voted based on who was funnest to play, no joke. I don't do that anymore, but still, It means he actually could have been srrs when you know you did something similar.
i see, but id still say voting on who you find fun is better than basically saying "im the be all end all of this game and if i cant do something then no one else can", and i dont assume people are that conceited/stupid without knowing them but maybe im expecting too much from people, especially on the internet.

for example, ive been watching this thread for a while but i hadnt voted until recently because i didnt think i knew enough about the game to be able to have a reasonable vote with proper reasoning...

Last edited:

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
Sigh... all the moaning about DK... Now you know how it feels...:4samus:...

Last edited:

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
Actually, when is the voting on tier 2 going to start? I could see that one being a bit troublesome for me to order.

aεrgiα

Smash Journeyman
Edit: scrap what i said, thinking about it further i decided there were a few chars im not sure how good i would put them, so i fully agree, this will be very difficult :/

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I wonder who has the most votes down, because it would suck to see both DK and Ike go down(like how Pit and ROB moved up at the same time).

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
I wonder who has the most votes down, because it would suck to see both DK and Ike go down(like how Pit and ROB moved up at the same time).
Ike:-2

Ryu:+21

Captain Falcon:+3

Meta Knight:+9

Villager:+8

Wario:+1

Pac-Man:+1

Peach:+2

Donkey Kong:-11

Luigi:0

Rob:-2

Pits:-1

This is a HUGE risk I'm taking from showing this, but right now it looks like DK is the only one going down

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

This is a HUGE risk I'm taking from showing this, but right now it looks like DK is the only one going down
1. Thanks
2. Why vote down Pit and ROB when they were just added to tier 3?
3. DK is definitely screwed, and Ryu is deserving all of those upvotes

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
So obviously Ryu's going up. Would Meta Knight and Villager have a chance, too?
Depends on if people care enough for them compared to Ryu, but if they do, definitely.

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames

I'm not sue, but I think upvotes and downvotes don't counter each other in this round of voting? At least that's how I understood it at the start of this phase.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'm not sue, but I think upvotes and downvotes don't counter each other in this round of voting? At least that's how I understood it at the start of this phase.
Think of it like this, if Ryu also had the most/equal amount of dislikes, he'd be stuck in the same tier(moving up then down and vice-versa). Most amount of up and downvotes moves them, while the other significant(the yang to its ying)won't matter.

Top Bottom