• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
Ike:-2

Ryu:+21

Captain Falcon:+3

Meta Knight:+9

Villager:+8

Wario:+1

Pac-Man:+1

Peach:+2

Donkey Kong:-11

Luigi:0

Rob:-2

Pits:-1

This is a HUGE risk I'm taking from showing this, but right now it looks like DK is the only one going down
Just wondering, did you count Browny's +1 Villager, -1 Pac-Man (srsly) in this tally?

Last edited:

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
Think of it like this, if Ryu also had the most/equal amount of dislikes, he'd be stuck in the same tier(moving up then down and vice-versa). Most amount of up and downvotes moves them, while the other significant(the yang to its ying)won't matter.
Sure that's probably correct if the votes are rather equal. But what if one character gets 15 upvotes and 4 downvotes as "countervotes" not as real "worst in the tier votes" then I believe he would have a higher vote count than a character with 10 upvotes and no downvotes. I think the counts are separate from each other in this phase. Pls though Browny Browny , correct me if I'm wrong, because I don't seem to be the only one confused about countervotes in this phase

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Sure that's probably correct if the votes are rather equal. But what if one character gets 15 upvotes and 4 downvotes as "countervotes" not as real "worst in the tier votes" then I believe he would have a higher vote count than a character with 10 upvotes and no downvotes. I think the counts are separate from each other in this phase. Pls though Browny Browny , correct me if I'm wrong, because I don't seem to be the only one confused about countervotes in this phase
Then the one with more is the winner...maybe

Browny

Smash Hater
Its a net result, so 14+ and 4- is equal to 10+ votes.

HOWEVER I do put weight on unaminous votes.

For example, if the two highest characters in their tier ended up on +15 and -6 (+9), and +10 and -2 (+8) I would either move both of them up or none of them since they arent far enough apart.

If however the votes were +12 and 0 (+12) and +16 and -4 (+12) I might only move the first one up since it was unanimously agreed that they go up. Its complicated but it entirely depends on how many other characters are moving. Since I cant just move everyone up a tier, I need to draw a line somewhere and that line usually has to divide the highest rated character in a tier, from everyone else (and similarly with the lowest rated character).

Also, updating...

Last edited:

atreyujames

NNID
Atreyujames

For example, if the two highest characters in their tier ended up on +15 and -6 (+9), and +10 and -2 (+8) I would either move both of them up or none of them since they arent far enough apart.

If however the votes were +12 and 0 (+12) and +16 and -4 (+12) I might only move the first one up since it was unanimously agreed that they go up. Its complicated but it entirely depends on how many other characters are moving. Since I cant just move everyone up a tier, I need to draw a line somewhere and that line usually has to divide the highest rated character in a tier, from everyone else (and similarly with the lowest rated character).

Also, updating...
Ahhh ok. Thanks for the explanation. I guess I got my example mixed around then =P

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Also, updating...
RIP Donkey Kong(or Expand Dong for the meme lovers)

Browny

Smash Hater
Yep. Updating always means that I am making a new version of the list. And my votes do count as well, I make them in the OP when I make my example votes. I forget to count mine sometimes though.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Not if he beats his dong first ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I am still updating by the way, it takes longer since I am not on my normal computer when doing this.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Browny

Smash Hater
UPDATED :)

It was close to begin with, MK was right up there about to move up a tier with ryu but in the end falcon and villager almost had as many upvotes as Metaknight, so I had to draw the line at Ryu. DK was a clear favourite to move down.

Now to vote on tier 2;
2: :4fox: :4mario: :4sonic: :4ness: :4diddy: :4yoshi: :4ryu:

Equin0x

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Th3Equin0x
3DS FC
0189-9475-0972
2: :4diddy: :4mario: :4ryu: :4sonic: :4fox: :4ness: :4yoshi:

EDIT

-:4yoshi: After seeing others' votes, it seems inevitable for at least one to move up and at least one to move down. If I had to choose one to go down, it'd be Yoshi. As good as he feels, he unfortunately has no real results outside of Yoshidora in Japan.
+:4diddy: Diddy has results in every scene, including worldwide. He has easy comboes, kill throws, and easy, safe kill setups. His recovery is vulnerable but it is also versatile. He has the banana for combo setups, stage control, and kill setups, Peanut Popgun for zoning, and a command grab to beat shields in a mixup, as if he needed more ways to beat shield.

I don't feel Ryu is tier 1. Not yet. He lacks range and safe apprpach options. His punish game is absolutely devastating and Focus is amazing, but hos punish game requires something be able to be punished, and people are working their way around Focus consistently.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
+1:4mario::4sonic:(The biggest stars in gaming deserve it)

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
:4ryu: :4mario: :4fox::4ness: :4sonic: :4diddy: :4yoshi:
Other than moving a few characters around I don't really feel as if anyone should move down or up.

Last edited:

lbrasz44

Smash Apprentice
:4fox::4diddy::4ryu::4mario::4ness::4sonic::4yoshi:

-1:4yoshi: I don't like to vote any particular character down, but Yoshi doesn't belong here. Has the theory, definitely has the data, but it can only go so far without any tangible evidence to show for it. Yoshi is pretty awesome but the lack of results is what really makes him stick out badly here. Hell even in tier 3 he's gotten nowhere compared to those characters there.

Otherwise, this tier is actually pretty good as is despite lacking villager imo, although Ryu definitely deserves to be here. In fact, I really have no solid qualms about their ordering whatsoever as they're pretty damn close in how effective they can be used. They are the best of the really good, but not the powerhouses like those in tier 1 (although pikachu is debatable to an extent, but that question is for the next round)

Last edited:

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
2: :4ryu::4diddy::4mario::4sonic::4yoshi::4fox::4ness:

+:4ryu: I could see him being top tier. He has amazing attacks that can be changed based on the situation, meaning that he can have a great combo game, a great kill game, and thus a great punish game. His only major flaw is the distance of his recovery.
- :4ness: His down throw, back throw, neutral air, forward air, and up-air are amazing, but that's about it. He has troubles approaching, and his recovery is the worst of the top two tiers. PK Fire does good damage, but it's very telegraphed. Neutral B is useless, down B is very situational, and his yo-yo smash attacks are very weak.

Opinions on the others:
:4diddy: just above :4mario: because Diddy has an easier time killing and recovering, though Mario combos slightly easier.
:4fox: was VERY close to getting the downvote, but he escaped with his great recovery and power.
:4yoshi: is a solid contender with great frame data, a projectile, and the best aerial mobility. He does suffer from a bad grab game, though.
:4sonic: With his nerfs in power, he can't be top tier, but he still is a good contender with his mixups and speed.

Last edited:

Freakykid99

Smash Rookie
:4mario::4diddy::4sonic::4ryu::4fox::4ness::4yoshi:

Jeez this tier is hard.
Gonna hold out on my votes, because I'm not sure if I want yoshi to move down or not. I also wish that villager was here, but whatever.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
:4mario::4ryu::4diddy::4fox::4sonic::4ness::4yoshi:
-1:4yoshi:He's good, but fits a lot better at the top of tier 3 than anywhere in tier 2.

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
:4diddy::4mario::4sonic::4fox::4ryu::4ness::4yoshi:

-:4yoshi: It goes without saying why he's being downvoted, he's the odd one out in this tier. I voted Ryu up last round with the intention of replacing Yoshi, everybody else has the theory and the results to back up their high tier status.

I'll refrain from using my second vote for now, I don't really want anybody else moving up or down from this tier.

Last edited:

phire_

Smash Cadet
:4mario: :4sonic: :4ryu: :4ness: :4diddy: :4yoshi: :4fox:

+ :4mario: (very easy and very good character to use in general; has many great combos in his arsenal)
- :4fox: (I personally don't see THAT much potential with him)

atreyujames

NNID
Atreyujames
:4diddy::4mario::4sonic::4ryu::4fox::4yoshi::4ness:

Again, I think no changes are NEEDED atm. Might change my opinion later, but as it is this tier looks fine

EDIT: With my new found knowledge that counter votes are a thing...

- 1 :4ryu:
+1 :4yoshi:

Last edited:

Duck SMASH!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
C.Piglet
:4ryu::4mario::4sonic::4fox::4diddy::4yoshi::4ness:
+1 Ryu. He seriously has the tools and power to challenge the top tiers.
-1 Ness. Overrated and it's only getting harder for him to find the openings he needs.
I think Mario and Sonic are at about the same level now. They should be together or following each other.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

:4ryu::4sonic::4diddy::4mario::4fox::4ness::4yoshi:
-1 :4yoshi: Why is he anywhere near here? No really, can somebody explain as to why some people think he's this good?
+1 :4ryu: Combos, TSRK, Focus, raw damage output, safety, good footsies, lots of options etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dcas

Smash Journeyman
:4sonic::4mario: :4ryu::4diddy::4ness: :4yoshi: :4fox:

+1 :4sonic: He might not have the huge kill potential but still top 4 imo.
-1:4fox: As many great tools he has, the downsides are huge as well. He deserves to be top of tier 3.

Thor

Smash Champion
:4mario::4diddy::4sonic::4ryu::4fox::4ness::4yoshi:

If I'm reading how the voting works correctly, where +1 moves people up and -1 moves people down a tier, and votes counteract each other, then I think Yoshi is too high [where is MK/Falcon/Villager??? why was I not here to vote for them?] and I think no one else in here belongs in the tier above, so...

-1 Sonic (to counteract the vote above, can compete with nearly the entire cast but has some awkward MUs and the ability to hold shield at center stage to avoid dying is somewhat detrimental to him... definitely only a small step below the top though)
-1 Ryu (to counteract the vote above, too gimpable, seems to have some trouble with smaller characters, feels a cut below the top tiers)

Top Bottom