• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

Browny

Smash Hater
When people derail my thread or refuse to read the rules, I basically 'shadow ban' them from voting where I completely ignore all of their votes and they will continue voting, never realising that I'm not counting their votes.

So don't do it.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
When people derail my thread or refuse to read the rules, I basically 'shadow ban' them from voting where I completely ignore all of their votes and they will continue voting, never realising that I'm not counting their votes.

So don't do it.
I'm not banned yet though, right? Just wantnto make sure, I don't think i've done bad enough yet but I like to make sure.

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
:4palutena: +1 (People are probably getting sick of me doing this, but idc. In my mind, Palutena deserves to be higher than characters like Bowser and Jigglypuff who aren't doing anything when she's getting top 8 at large locals and nationals, even making it to Grands in some cases. AeroLink literally just got 2nd place at the latest Shockwave, almost taking out Dakpo's Luigi. Not to mention that a Palutena player gave Mr. R a run for his money at Smash Con)

:4falco: -1 (Probably shouldn't be above characters like DK who actually do things from time to time)

:4jigglypuff: -1

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
:4palutena: +1 (People are probably getting sick of me doing this, but idc. In my mind, Palutena deserves to be higher than characters like Bowser and Jigglypuff who aren't doing anything when she's getting top 8 at large locals and nationals, even making it to Grands in some cases. AeroLink literally just got 2nd place at the latest Shockwave, almost taking out Dakpo's Luigi. Not to mention that a Palutena player gave Mr. R a run for his money at Smash Con)

:4falco: -1 (Probably should be above characters like DK who actually do things from time to time)

This is customs off (Just mentioning, since i'm not sure if those tournanemtms are with customs kr not except for smash con so......

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
none of the tournaments I'm talking about had customs on. GOML 15 is a good example, it was customs off. EGL, too.

Palutena is better than people think. She's certainly not top or high tier, but she can't be bottom 10 with results like that. It's not even just one exceptional player like Trela or something, there are SEVERAL Palutenas who place really well at tournaments.

DiZ0X

Smash Cadet
-1 :4sonic:: Still too overrated. Was amazing before nerfs, but they hit him pretty hard. Still sticking with him, even if they make him back to Brawl Sonic, but people are starting to learn how to face him and he's not that hard.
+1
:4wario:: Quite underrated imo. I think he belongs higher.
+1:4ryu:: People don't want to take time to fully learn this character. Just cause he is harder to use, doesn't mean he isn't high.

Zionaze

Smash Ace

:4falco: -1 (Probably should be above characters like DK who actually do things from time to time)

Is falco a - or a +?

D

Deleted member

You're fine, no one is shadowbanned at the moment and I hope it stays that way.
This is exactly what you would say if somebody was shadowbanned

By the way, are you going to organize characters in the tiers anytime soon, and have you considered making it so characters can only move up or down 1 tier per round? I'd like it so characters stop going up 2, and then people start voting them back down since they think the character only should've gone up 1 only to have the character move down 2, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
not a particular good player, but looking at this list and high level play, i would say

+1 G&W
+1 Wario
+1 Pacman

G&W certainly feels a little too low, wario have pulled some crazy stuff in japan and pacman feels like a character that still have a lot of room for his metagame to evolve, considering the big amount of tools he have.

I would also wait and see how Ryu and Shulk meta evolve.

And' im certainly predicting some samus buffs next patch, poor samus :c

16bit

Smash Apprentice
NNID
imsl1msh4dy
3DS FC
3136-7059-5966
-2 :4palutena: Stop raising her. She's good where she is on almost all skill levels.
+1 :rosalina: She's like the worst character in the game. She is so easy to combo, she can't kill, and has such bad grabs. Worst character

Browny

Smash Hater
Mewtwo +1
Lucas Peach -1

UPDATED :)

I have added some gaps in the mid tiers now to help split them up.

Last edited:

ShortcutButton

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShortcutButton
-1 :4luigi: why is he still up there
-1 :4ryu: its been 2 months, stop treating him like hes good
-1 :4zelda: don't start ranting, Shortcut, keep it together...

Last edited:

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
So we can vote again now, right? If so:

+1 :4drmario: Again, WAY underrated without customs.
+1 :4kirby:Only problems are approaching and a good kill throw. Great combo and gimp potential, with quick and decently powerful smash attacks to kill.
+1 :4gaw: Same as Kirby, but has the chance to pull even more cheeky stuff.

Last edited:

kirby509

Smash Cadet
:4olimar:+ (Good results and quite a solid character. Good camp and grab game. Has good combos and never needs to approach with his pikmin.)
:4ryu:- (Give me some results Ryu...)
:4mewtwo:- (In my opinion, he is the worst character in the game. He has a hard time hitting with his attacks, very laggy, floaty, and lightweight. He is just not good)

Last edited:

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
-2 :4palutena: Stop raising her. She's good where she is on almost all skill levels.
Except Palutena has better results than ALL of the characters in the 5th tier and some in the 4th tier (Dedede, Dr. Mario, Falco, Jigglypuff, Zelda). People need to stop paying attention to only her faults and realize that she has enough real strengths to take her to grand finals of large locals (AeroLink nearly beat Dakpo's Luigi, too), among the other stuff I posted earlier. Her results have been improving despite customs being turned off, the only reason people still think she's bottom 5 is because they don't know about how well she's doing.

:4palutena: +1
:4miibrawl: -1
:4dedede: -1

Axel311

Smash Ace
NNID
axel311
+ 1 :4sheik:
+1 :4drmario:
+1 :4bowser:

Why is Shiek not in a tier by herself? She's dominating the meta right now, and has way better results than any other character.

Dr. Mario continues to be underrated. His recovery isn't THAT bad to warrant him being so low on the tier list compared to regular mario.

Bowser does not deserve to be that low. He's mid tier. He has landing issues but he's the heaviest in the game, moves come out pretty fast and has some results. I saw 2 bowser mains get deep at Xanadu last month. Top 6 I believe? La Troof and one other player I don't remember his name.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
+1:4greninja::4wiifit:#SlowClap4SWF
-1:4metaknight:Do people honestly think Meta Knight is better than Sonic, Yoshi, and Villager, and in the same league as Fox, Diddy, Ness, Mario, and ZSS? :facepalm:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 269706

+ :4myfriends: A lot of higher level players are starting to put Ike significantly high up on their tier lists, including ZeRo and Dabuz. The community itself has yet to realize his potential as a character, and need to pay more attention to Ryo and other Ike mains.
+ :4link: Very underrated in my opinion, should be higher on the list.
+ :4greninja: Not a super viable character, but in no universe should be he low tier.

Last edited by a moderator:

Levateinn

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lev_Zoravkov
3DS FC
0275-7009-2978
+:4sheik:
+:4zss:
+:4ganondorf: he may move slow, he cant jump high, but this Dorf's, one tech chasing guy.

Last edited:

Greek Greninja

Smash Cadet
-1 :4metaknight:- people have seen that he's good now, but he should go down a few spots
+1 :4greninja:- deserves to be bumped up a bit.
+1 :4peach:- for the inevitable (-) vote.

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
1: :4sheik: :rosalina: :4pikachu:

2: :4zss: :4luigi: :4ness: :4fox: :4diddy: :4mario: :4metaknight: :4falcon:

3: :4yoshi: :4sonic: (:4darkpit: :4pit:) :4villager: :4ryu:

(gap) I have added a gap to help split the growing mid-tiers

4: :4pacman: :4wario: :4lucario: :4peach: :4olimar: :4rob: :4lucas: :4myfriends: :4feroy: :4link: :4duckhunt: :4kirby: :4robinf: :4megaman: :4shulk: :4miibrawl: :4tlink:

(another gap)

5: :4marth::4greninja::4falco::4jigglypuff::4dk::4gaw::4wiifit::4bowserjr::4charizard::4littlemac::4drmario: :4lucina: :4dedede: :4miisword:

6: :4zelda::4bowser: :4mewtwo: :4palutena: :4ganondorf: :4miigun:

7: :4samus:

+1:4kirby: Haters gonna hate.

+1:4sonic:Uhh.......... What just happened.

+1:4jigglypuff:New gap

OTHER PERSONAL OPINIONS THAT ARE NOT MY REAL VOTES. REAL VOTES ARE ABOVE.

+1:4samus: Doesn't deserve last

+1:4ganondorf: Bottom 3. No.

+1:4lucina: Why Not? Should be next to Marth

+1:4littlemac:Ground game is too op good.

+1:4greninja:Yeah sure whatever

-1:4wiifitm:Still sucks

-1:4falco:Not THIS good

+1:4bowserjr:Good, but....

+1:4wario:Top Tier

+1:4pacman: High Tier

-1:4pit::4darkpit: Omg people

-1:4feroy:Not Better than Kirby, Mega Man, or Shulk

-1:4link:^

-1:4lucas:^

-1:4myfriends:^

-1:4duckhunt:^

+1:4yoshi:Deserves it.

-1:4ness:Can we get him down please?

-1:4ryu:

-1:4metaknight:Not better than Yoshi or SONIC That ain't Brawl

-1:4falcon:Same as above, but replace "Brawl" with "Melee"

superange

Smash Cadet
NNID
superange128
3DS FC
1032-2052-1009
+1 :4bowser: Not really sure why he's still getting voted down. He's still one of the better heavy weights (at least equal to DK)
+1:4littlemac: Once again people hate on his crappy recovery and bad For Glory-ers but a good Mac provides enough pressure for him to at least be mid tier on most neutral stages
-1 :4link: People need to stop riding him already.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
+1:4duckhunt:
+1:4robinf:
+1:4wiifit:
(Both :4pit:and:4darkpit:deserve to be high tier. If :rosalina:can be top tier even thought very few use her in tournaments, so can the angel boys.)

Top Bottom