• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

16bit

Smash Apprentice
NNID
imsl1msh4dy
3DS FC
3136-7059-5966
+1 :4metaknight: Yes, he's overrated. But you guys are lowering him to the point that if this keeps going on he'll be one of the worst.
-1 :4palutena: Results don't mean everything. Didn't ESAM use Samus in top 8 tournament match. Is she top tier? No. Palutena is really laggy, so her positives are severely affected by this, same with :4shulk:
+1 :4sonic: Yeah, it's possible to deal with him now. But he can still do fine in most matchups.

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
:4dedede:-1 (He's bottom 5.)
:4sheik:+1
:4zss:+1 (She's the clear #2.)
I want you to explain to me, how is ZSS the clear #2? Given that you upvoted Sheik, I would assume that she would be overtaking RosaLuma for #2. However, RosaLuma is much better at zoning and approaching, and is generally harder to deal with considering Luma. (I don't want to get back to the whole ZeRo discussion, but him saying she's #2 doesn't justify it.)

SpottedCerberus

Smash Journeyman
I want you to explain to me, how is ZSS the clear #2? Given that you upvoted Sheik, I would assume that she would be overtaking RosaLuma for #2. However, RosaLuma is much better at zoning and approaching, and is generally harder to deal with considering Luma. (I don't want to get back to the whole ZeRo discussion, but him saying she's #2 doesn't justify it.)
Better match-ups. Better disadvantage state. Insane kill confirms and combos from low to high percents. ZSS has an easier time killing, because she has guaranteed kill combos. And she doesn't die as easily because she isn't as light, she isn't as floaty, and her flip jump can get her out of a lot of dangerous situations. Her recovery is also far better, covering more distance faster and with more options, a smaller hurtbox, and a hitbox.

Luma isn't all that hard to deal with. He dies very easily, and then Rosa can't do anything but run away. Rosa isn't even top 5 imo.
:4sheik::4zss::4fox::4diddy::4pikachu: is the top 5. And characters like Sonic and Mario are probably closer to it than Rosa. So I'd put her around #8. Then Ness and Meta Knight are probably #9 and #10.

Last edited:

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
Better match-ups. Better disadvantage state. Insane kill confirms and combos from low to high percents. ZSS has an easier time killing, because she has guaranteed kill combos. And she doesn't die as easily because she isn't as light, she isn't as floaty, and her flip jump can get her out of a lot of dangerous situations. Her recovery is also far better, covering more distance faster and with more options, a smaller hurtbox, and a hitbox.

Luma isn't all that hard to deal with. He dies very easily, and then Rosa can't do anything but run away. Rosa isn't even top 5 imo.
:4sheik::4zss::4fox::4diddy::4pikachu: is the top 5. And characters like Sonic and Mario are probably closer to it than Rosa. So I'd put her around #8. Then Ness and Meta Knight are probably #9 and #10.
Cool, just wanted there to be some reasoning behind your vote. I personally think RosaLuma is top 3, but to each his/her own.

Silxer

Smash Apprentice
- :4miibrawl:Since we are talking about the default 1111 build...
+ :4palutena: Yes, she has issues but I don't see her being the worst in game... still wait for a buff for her though and :4samus: also needs some major buffs as well.
+:4bowser: I just don't see default :4miisword: being higher then him.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
If you put all the characters in tier order from the first version, and remove the dlc charcters, this is the list:

S::4sheik::rosalina:

A::4pikachu::4zss::4luigi::4ness::4fox::4diddy::4mario:

B::4metaknight::4falcon::4yoshi::4sonic::4pit:/:4darkpit:

C::4darkpit:/:4pit::4villager::4pacman::4wario::4lucario::4peach:

D::4olimar::4rob::4myfriends::4link::4duckhunt::4kirby::4robinm::4megaman:

E::4shulk::4miibrawl::4tlink::4marth::4greninja::4falco:

F::4jigglypuff::4dk::4gaw::4wiifit::4bowserjr::4charizard::4littlemac::4drmario:

G::4lucina::4dedede::4miisword::4zelda::4bowser::4palutena::4ganondorf::4miigun:

H::4samus:

Higher Characters:
:4metaknight:(+24)
:4darkpit:(+18/19)
:4pacman:(+11)
:4gaw:(+11)
:4pit:(+9/10)
:4charizard:(+9)
:4wiifit:(+8)
:4duckhunt:(+7)
:4myfriends:(+6)
:4miisword:(+6)
:rosalina:(+5)
:4fox:(+5)
:4falco:(+5)
:4dk:(+5)
:4zss:(+4)
:4luigi:(+4)
:4mario:(+4)
:4link:(+3)
:4marth:(+3)
:4bowserjr:(+3)
:4drmario:(+3)
:4wario:(+2) I really wish that was a joke, only up 2?
:4olimar:(+2) Again with only 2 spots higher???
:4sheik:(+1)

Same Spot:
:4pikachu:(0)
:4dedede:(0)
:4miigun:(0)
:substitute:(0)

Lower:
:4bowser:(-17)
:4miibrawl:(-16)
:4greninja:(-15)
:4ganondorf:(-13)
:4shulk:(-9)
:4sonic:(-9)
:4megaman:(-9)
:4lucario:(-8)
:4zelda:(-8)
:4samus:(-8)
:4diddy:(-7)
:4yoshi:(-6)
:4lucina:(-6)
:4robinm:(-5)
:4tlink:(-5)
:4peach:(-4)
:4jigglypuff:(-4) WHY. IS. SHE. GOING. DOWN.
:4villager:(-2)
:4ness:(-1)
:4falcon:(-1)
:4rob:(-1)
:4kirby:(-1) WHY. IS. HE. GOING. DOWN.
:4palutena:(-1)

HerpFish

Smash Cadet
NNID
HerpFish
3DS FC
1220-9235-4974
+:4pacman:We've seen what he can do and now there's a gap. Perfect for him.
+:4wario:Same as above.
+:4greninja:I would love to vote up Bowser Jr. instead, but Greninja seems more out of place being that low.

ZetaRokure

Smash Cadet
:4lucario:+
:4metaknight:- (Stating that Leo beating Mr. R. makes him top tier is akin to saying :lucario: is top 5 due to Trela defeating M2K.
:4pit:/:4darkpit:- (Following your abandonment at the hands of Nairo, no truly reputable player even utilizes you.)

Last edited:

Lunaticker

Smash Rookie
NNID
Lunaticker
3DS FC
4184-3137-6259
DK +1 : His new grab combos in 1.1.0 give him a significantly greater punish game, giving him reliable kill setups on many characters, depending on the stage

Wario +1: Excellent frame data, and the few players who use him have shown his potential, e.g. Abadango at EVO

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
:4yoshi:+1 (Lately, I've felt more and more like this game will be dominated by anyone with good aerial mobility and decent speed. Yoshi has both of those things, whereas Jiggs has just one of those. Seriously, I find it almost impossible to safely approach Yoshis who know how to play defensively because if you don't eat the egg, you get grabbed or jabbed or naired or out-spaced by retreating fairs)
:4shulk:-1 Even his jab is laggy. All of his approach moves besides dashgrab itself (which is terrible btw) scream "please shield grab me". I can be doing retreating nair and still get shield grabbed, not to mention is aerial mobility is garbage in every mode besides jump anyway, which is useless for approaches since you jump so high. It may be just that playing him on FG (yes I play FG hur durr, I'm too impatient for Anther's ladder where people are only slightly better) all but forces me to approach or face sudden death (which is also a losing scenario for Shulk), but I feel like he does awful against anyone with good projectile keep-away game and/or anyone with fast/juggly moves since all his aerials are awful at neutralizing pressure.
:4dk:+1 Can't believe this character is that low. He has some great tools compared to others above him.

Last edited:

The Puffer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4485-1171-5786
:4jigglypuff:+1
:4lucina:+1
:4marth:+1

I see these three as bottom tier 4 for now, no more (at least until/if they get the buffs they need)

Zorcey

Smash Journeyman
+1 :4marth: Has nobody paid attention to buffs they've given Marth? He can hang with the high mid characters.

+1 :4myfriends: Worst of the high tiers imo

+1 :4ganondorf: Bad. But not as bad as people say.

D

Deleted member

+1 :4wiifit: John Numbers has been putting in work without customs for a long time and people still have a stigma that Wii Fit is bad?
+1 :4lucina: Almost as good as Marth, who is a very good character.
-1 :4luigi: He's a counterpick character with a slew of bad matchups people don't exploit.

Top Bottom