• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

HeavyMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bloodriot779
@ HeavyMetalSonic HeavyMetalSonic

So basically not only do you play MK in the most non-optimal way possible, you also aren't good at playing him at all since you're unaware on why you miss SL despite the fact that you can pull back the 2nd hit so it actually connects. You basically a few pages ago down voted MK because A) You're not good with him and B) He doesn't suit your aggressive playstyle in a game where defensive play is more rewarding.

Its not just you though i get this vibe from this thread that tells me alot of you don't use MK correctly(or at all). As a matter of fact due to how rare a good MK is nevermind a MK in general yall lack experience and to top it all of he's quote on quote 'hard to use'.

This may not be a good tier list but it allows me to get a grasp on what the community thinks about some characters. And it seems a lot of people think MK and Pac-Man sucks.
Sounds like another salty rant to me. Am I not allowed an opinion? It's literally one down vote amongst many. Chill. c:

Yes, I can use him. I've sat and played plenty with a person I regularly practice with and worked out most the stuff Meta can do. I listed a load of things after my first post saying what I didn't like about him. Yes, he has his down points, but I also acknowledged he has his ups too (Like most of the roster).

But yeah, I get what you mean about the community. There are a lot of sheep out there who will follow a certain character because they're good (I'm looking at you, Diddy). But I for one am not one of those people. I like to try out characters before passing judgement (As I did with Meta). Meta was literally one of the hardest characters for me to use effectively. I could've -1 Olimar, but that'd be for unfair reasons (I hate his as a character, I hate his playstyle, I hate his silly Pikmin micromanagement mechanics, so therefore I've never used him and never will probably. So I'm not going to -1 someone I haven't used).

Meta seems like a character, given how he plays, that would suit my playstyle... But he doesn't. At all, and despite how much I've tried, I can't help that. And it just so happens to be that other people can't either for the same reasons I listed. He IS hard to use because his range means you have to space better than you can with pretty much the rest of the roster. He has some really good points (His recovery is good, he has a lot of KO power, and that damn down B has a lot more range than you'd think and can lead to some surprising KO's). But for ME, PERSONALLY (Meaning: Not 100% set in stone, so no bugger else can use him because he's garbage tier), I dislike his playstyle, as much as I don't want to (I REALLY like Meta as a character).

But if you like Meta, and you can use him well, then good for you. Enjoy him and playing as him. But you really shouldn't be so wound up by one down vote. There's been plenty of people who have down voted Sonic simply because he's Sonic, it's gonna happen, it's the internet. At least I gave some legitimate reason as to why I down voted him after using him for an extensive period of time.

And actually... I kinda like Pacman, despite having a bad starting opinion of him, he's grown on me, and I've been messing about with him and having a surprising amount of fun with him. But again, I see what you mean about people bashing him. I should know, I main SANIC THE ORIGINAL. cx

warionumbah2

Smash Master
You're allowed to have your opinion, but your opinion is mainly based on your short comings instead of the character. For example you said you miss shuttle loops that's on you not MK

I got 'wound' up because of the reasoning of down voting a character, it wasn't because of MU's, it wasn't because he was placed too high it was because you found him hard to use. If you can down vote said character because they don't suit your style or too hard to use then how is this list any different from eventhubs in turns of validity?

Please understand im not catching feelings over this, its a popularity list after all.

HeavyMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bloodriot779
You're allowed to have your opinion, but your opinion is mainly based on your short comings instead of the character. For example you said you miss shuttle loops that's on you not MK

I got 'wound' up because of the reasoning of down voting a character, it wasn't because of MU's, it wasn't because he was placed too high it was because you found him hard to use. If you can down vote said character because they don't suit your style or too hard to use then how is this list any different from eventhubs in turns of validity?

Please understand im not catching feelings over this, its a popularity list after all.
But having poor range is the CHARACTER having short comings, not me. I can adjust to how a character works, the character can't adjust to how I work. If I can't hit someone because the character's range is p*** poor, I'm gonna have a poor MU against everyone, not specific characters. I can use him, but I have to put a LOT of effort in to get any rewards.

Yeah, I miss SL sometimes, but I've also seen many others have the same problem, even my friend who mains him. I also mess up Sonic's Up throw into spring into Uair sometimes despite how "easy" it's supposed to be, it happens because of DI and other factors, just like SL. I kept on messing up my friend using SL with Fox by stalling briefly with his reflector. It happens.

And nah, it's cool, I'm not either, I'm just trying to explain why I chose Meta rather than other characters. I know it doesn't matter at the end of the day. c:

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
S:4diddy::4sheik:
A+:rosalina::4pikachu::4sonic::4ness::4yoshi::4zss::4falcon:
A-:4lucario::4fox::4luigi::4mario:
B+:4peach::4shulk::4miibrawl::4rob::4olimar::4villager::4greninja:
B-:4megaman::4pit::4pacman::4wario::4robinf::4darkpit::4tlink::4bowser:
C+:4kirby::4duckhunt::4marth::4jigglypuff::4link::4myfriends:
C-:4metaknight::4falco::4miigun::4ganondorf::4lucina::4dk::4littlemac::4samus:
D:4bowserjr::4dedede::4drmario::4gaw::4zelda::4palutena::4wiifit::4charizard:
F:4miisword:

I'm honestly questioning if people have this mind-set that the Gunner is bad, grant it the Gunner isn't that good either. I feel the Gunner has camping game that is just as if not better then DHD with the right set up, though like DHD the Gunner has a lot of trouble killing though I feel this may just be dependent on your set up. For now I'd say until the Gunner get's more tournament representation s/he should remain somewhat low, I just put s/he where I think they'll eventually land. Olimar also feels too low in a majority of the list, though this is probably just my bias.

Swordfighter is so bad in my opinion that s/he totally skips E tier and goes straight to F. Seriously though I have found no real viable set ups for the Swordfighter that make it a decent character.

Saturn_

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Saturn.1000
A+:rosalina::4pikachu::4sonic::4ness::4yoshi::4zss::4falcon:
A-:4lucario::4fox::4luigi::4mario:
B+:4peach::4shulk::4miibrawl::4rob::4olimar::4villager::4greninja:
B-:4megaman::4pit::4pacman::4wario::4robinf::4darkpit::4tlink::4bowser:
C+:4kirby::4duckhunt::4marth::4jigglypuff::4link::4myfriends:
C-:4metaknight::4falco::4miigun::4ganondorf::4lucina::4dk::4littlemac::4samus:
D:4bowserjr::4dedede::4drmario::4gaw::4zelda::4palutena::4wiifit::4charizard:
F:4miisword:

I'm honestly questioning if people have this mind-set that the Gunner is bad, grant it the Gunner isn't that good either. I feel the Gunner has camping game that is just as if not better then DHD with the right set up, though like DHD the Gunner has a lot of trouble killing though I feel this may just be dependent on your set up. For now I'd say until the Gunner get's more tournament representation s/he should remain somewhat low, I just put s/he where I think they'll eventually land. Olimar also feels too low in a majority of the list, though this is probably just my bias.

Swordfighter is so bad in my opinion that s/he totally skips E tier and goes straight to F. Seriously though I have found no real viable set ups for the Swordfighter that make it a decent character.
Hey...read the first post. The list you just made won't count and won't factor into voting. For now we're just doing tier splits of the list that was already in place. Check the first post and copy/paste it, then split it into whatever sort of tiers you see fit, but for now they are only counting lists that maintain the placement as voted on up to this point.

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
Hey...read the first post. The list you just made won't count and won't factor into voting. For now we're just doing tier splits of the list that was already in place. Check the first post and copy/paste it, then split it into whatever sort of tiers you see fit, but for now they are only counting lists that maintain the placement as voted on up to this point.
I know I was a little late to the party but I really wanted to put down a whole list. I don't really have any intention into voting yet as I need more time for research but I wanted to but my opinion on the list as of now and reference back to it later.

I might make another one based on the rules though if I feel I can work around it.

Last edited:

PlayerXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShailsPT
3DS FC
3652-1682-9410
:4diddy:
:4sheik::4pikachu::4ness::4yoshi::rosalina:
:4falcon::4zss::4sonic::4lucario::4fox:
:4luigi::4miibrawl:
:4peach::4mario::4shulk:
:4rob::4villager::4greninja:
:4megaman::4robinf::4olimar::4pit::4wario::4myfriends::4kirby::4tlink:
:4link::4bowser::4jigglypuff::4duckhunt::4pacman::4marth::4metaknight::4ganondorf:
:4lucina::4zelda::4darkpit::4samus::4falco::4littlemac::4dk:
:4dedede::4drmario::4wiifit::4bowserjr::4palutena::4gaw::4charizard::4miigun:
:4miisword:

My list. Couldn't do much since there are parts where I strongly disagree with the rankings. I went and stuck to the rules though.

Mr. Pants

Smash Apprentice
:4diddy::4sheik:
:4pikachu::4ness::4yoshi::rosalina::4falcon::4zss::4sonic::4lucario::4fox::4luigi:
:4miibrawl::4peach::4mario::4shulk::4rob::4villager::4greninja::4megaman::4robinm:
:4olimar::4pit::4wario2::4myfriends::4kirby::4tlink::4link::4bowser::4jigglypuff::4duckhunt::4pacman::4marth::4metaknight:
:4ganondorf::4lucina::4zelda::4darkpit::4samus::4falco::4littlemac::4dk::4dedede::4drmario:
:4wiifit::4bowserjr::4palutena::4gaw::4charizard::4miigun:
Hope I understood the rules right. Just wanted to play along :grin:

Last edited:

Horizont

Smash Cadet
It's kind of funny how inaccurate the list is, but hey, let's split it up!

S: :4diddy::4sheik:

A+::4pikachu::4ness::4yoshi::rosalina:

A::4falcon::4zss::4sonic::4lucario::4fox:

A-::4luigi::4miibrawl::4peach:

B+::4mario::4shulk:

B: :4rob::4villager::4greninja::4megaman::4robinf::4olimar:

B-::4pit::4wario::4myfriends::4kirby::4tlink::4link:

C: :4bowser::4jigglypuff::4duckhunt::4pacman::4marth::4metaknight:

C-::4ganondorf::4lucina::4zelda::4darkpit::4samus::4falco::4littlemac:

D::4dk::4dedede::4drmario:

F::4wiifit::4bowserjr::4palutena::4gaw::4charizard::4miigun::4miisword:

Xanthous

Smash Cadet
It's kind of funny how inaccurate the list is, but hey, let's split it up!

S: :4diddy::4sheik:

A+::4pikachu::4ness::4yoshi::rosalina:

A::4falcon::4zss::4sonic::4lucario::4fox:

A-::4luigi::4miibrawl::4peach:

B+::4mario::4shulk:

B: :4rob::4villager::4greninja::4megaman::4robinf::4olimar:

B-::4pit::4wario::4myfriends::4kirby::4tlink::4link:

C: :4bowser::4jigglypuff::4duckhunt::4pacman::4marth::4metaknight:

C-::4ganondorf::4lucina::4zelda::4darkpit::4samus::4falco::4littlemac:

D::4dk::4dedede::4drmario:

F::4wiifit::4bowserjr::4palutena::4gaw::4charizard::4miigun::4miisword:
Yeah, it is pretty ridiculous but it's a vote tier list so what do you expect.
Anyways, my order.

:4diddy::4sheik:
:4pikachu::4ness::4yoshi::rosalina::4falcon::4zss::4sonic:
:4lucario::4fox::4luigi::4miibrawl::4peach::4mario::4shulk::4rob::4villager:
:4greninja::4megaman::4robinf::4olimar::4pit::4wario::4myfriends::4kirby::4tlink::4link:
:4bowser::4jigglypuff::4duckhunt::4pacman::4marth::4metaknight:
:4ganondorf::4lucina::4zelda::4darkpit::4samus::4falco:
:4littlemac::4dk::4dedede::4drmario::4wiifit::4bowserjr:
:4palutena::4gaw::4charizard::4miigun:

Browny

Smash Hater
UPDATED :)

THIS IS NOW PHASE 3, THE TIER LIST AS IT STANDS IS BELOW
A:4pikachu::4ness::4yoshi::rosalina::4falcon::4zss::4sonic:
B:4lucario::4fox::4luigi:
C:4miibrawl::4peach::4mario::4shulk::4rob::4villager::4greninja:
D:4megaman::4robinf::4olimar::4pit::4wario::4myfriends::4kirby::4tlink::4link:
E:4bowser::4jigglypuff::4duckhunt::4pacman::4marth::4metaknight:
F:4ganondorf::4lucina::4zelda::4darkpit::4samus::4falco::4littlemac::4dk:
G:4dedede::4drmario::4wiifit::4bowserjr::4palutena::4gaw::4charizard::4miigun:
H:4miisword:

NOW WE WORK THIS LIST, ONE TIER AT A TIME. WE START WITH THE LOWEST TIER (that isnt one character)

The rules are, we vote for the characters in this tier

You vote by simply arranging these characters in the order that you like. There are 2 rules

1) No character can move more than 2 spots left or right
2) You can vote for ONE CHARACTER ONLY in the tier to either be promoted up to the next tier, or sent down to the below tier.

Rule 2 purely exists to deal with outliers. Say for example you really think that palutena should be up a tier, but she cant move 4 to the right, chuck in a vote for her to move up. if she gets the most amount of votes, she will go up to the next tier.

An example vote looks like this

:4wiifit::4dedede::4palutena::4drmario::4bowserjr::4charizard::4gaw::4miigun:

1 vote for palutena to go up a tier

where WFT and paultena moved up 2, Charizard, Bowser Jr, G&W and DDD went down 1, doc went down 2

You can vote for a character to be demoted to the tier below them as well.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Geese, these characters aren't that good Tier: :4drmario::4wiifitm::4dedede::4roy::4charizard::4gaw::4palutena::4miigun:

Let's also get Dr. Mario up a tier! I know he's a slower Mario with a worse recovery, but he's not THAT bad!

Last edited:

SwoodGrommet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RIPinpieces
3DS FC
3652-0583-3903
Rearranged G Tier :

:4drmario::4bowserjr::4dedede::4palutena::4wiifit::4gaw::4miigun::4charizard:

1 Vote for Bowser Jr. to go up a tier.

King DeDeDe, Wii Fit Trainer moved down 2, Doc, Palutena, Mii Gunner moved up 1, Bowser Jr moved up 2, Game and Watch did not move, Charizard moved down 1.

H.O.U.S.E.

Smash Rookie
NNID
acrenator
Even tough Doc is my second main, I really feel like Lizardon shouldn't be this low, I mean, he's not that bad of a character.
:4drmario::4bowserjr::4dedede::4gaw::4wiifit::4charizard::4miigun::4palutena:
I vote for :4charizard: to go up a tier
Did I do it right?

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
Original:

My vote:
:4dedede::4bowserjr::4drmario::4gaw::4wiifit::4palutena::4charizard::4miigun:

DDD stays the same, Bowser jr. up 2, Dr. Mario down 1, Wii Fit down 2, Palutena down 1, Game and watch up 2, Gunner and zard stay the same.

I also vote Game and Watch up a tier.

Horizont

Smash Cadet
Original:

My Vote:

:4drmario::4dedede::4palutena::4gaw::4bowserjr::4wiifit::4charizard::4miigun:

DDD down 1/Doctor Mario up 1, Mr. Game and Watch up 2, Wii Fit Trainer down 2, Palutena up one tier.

Networker1

Smash Journeyman
I know it isn't really that relevant anymore, but are the miis on this list using default customs? Because I've had quite a bit of success with the gunner

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
:4dedede::4bowserjr::4drmario::4wiifit::4charizard::4miigun::4palutena::4gaw:
1 Vote for Bowser Jr. to go up a tier. He definitely has loads of potential with some of his moves, just like Falco, DK, and Ganondorf in the tier above him.

Last edited:
Top Bottom