• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

HeavyMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bloodriot779
It's a salty rant post, I wasn't actually mad lol. But in my opinion is that Meta Knights combo and kill game is way too strong to be low tier. He is also fast, which is basically needed in this game.

I agree with most of your points, but up-b's hitboxes is so big, that if you get good at timing you'll never miss. And down-b IS laggy, but that's why you go battlefield so they can't punish you as hard :p

Sorry if I came off the wrong way lol
Yeah, he has his good points, I just feel he's lacking a lot for me personally. I have a rather aggressive playstyle, I feel if I don't keep pressure on someone, they do they same back to me and I don't handle that too well sometimes. Metaknight relies heavily on punishing, which I can do, but his range/lag makes that hard for me in certain situations.

It's weird, whenever I tried to land his UpB after a up air string, I always seemed to whiff the last hit... I have no idea why because it's such an easy combo. Could have been related to the character, who knows. XD

Nah it's cool, just like me you are entitled to your opinion. cx

patrickthekid

Smash Cadet
So Here's my tier list:

S Tier:4diddy::4sheik:
A+:4pikachu::4ness: :4yoshi: :rosalina: :4falcon: :4zss: :4sonic:
A:4lucario: :4fox: :4luigi: :4miibrawl::4peach: :4mario::4shulk: :4rob: :4villager:
A- :4greninja::4megaman: :4robinf: :4olimar: :4pit: :4wario: :4myfriends:
B+ :4kirby: :4tlink: :4link: :4bowser::4jigglypuff: :4duckhunt: :4pacman:
B :4marth::4metaknight: :4ganondorf: :4lucina: :4zelda: :4darkpit: :4samus: :4falco: :4littlemac: :4dk:
B-:4dedede: :4drmario: :4wiifit: :4bowserjr: :4palutena:
C :4gaw: :4charizard: :4miigun:
Mii Sword Tier:4miisword:

PS Bowser Jr. Should have been waaaaay higher.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
looked at each and everyone of yall tier lists... and :4falco: is right next to :4littlemac: for everysingle one lmaooo
I hate to burst your bubble here, but the idea kind of is to keep the order the same as the tier list in the OP.
Yeah.....

Last edited:

Forty4

Smash Cadet
NNID
ThePriceIsWrong
Please remember that you CANNOT change the numerical order of the characters. So Pikachu has to stay at #3, Diddy at #1, etc, but the grouping does not matter, so you can put Diddy, Sheik, and Pikachu in the same tier but they have to stay at their respective numerical placings.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 269706

:4diddy: :4sheik:
:4pikachu: :4ness: :4yoshi: :rosalina:
:4falcon: :4zss: :4sonic: :4lucario: :4fox: :4luigi:
:4miibrawl: :4peach: :4mario: :4shulk: :4rob::4villager: :4greninja:
:4megaman: :4robinf: :4olimar: :4pit: :4wario: :4myfriends: :4kirby:
:4tlink: :4link: :4bowser: :4jigglypuff: :4duckhunt: :4pacman: :4marth: :4metaknight:
:4ganondorf: :4lucina: :4zelda: :4darkpit: :4samus: :4falco: :4littlemac: :4dk:
:4dedede: :4drmario: :4wiifit: :4bowserjr: :4palutena: :4gaw: :4charizard: :4miigun: :4miisword:

I believe that this is a reasonable way to organize the characters as we're more certain about the higher tier characters, and they aren't too bound to change from their respective places. That being said, it's harder to truly pin-point the position of the "lower tier" characters because there is so much we have yet to see. On top of this, there is almost no character (aside from Mii Sword Fighter) who has shown to be exceptionally bad, so there's no reason for the bottom tiers to be smaller than any other tier. It's better to merge these lower, less seen characters together than truly rank them at such an early stage in the game. Also, keeping the lower tiers larger will prevent any characters from suddenly jumping/dropping multiple tier placements at a time. Since there is going to be less movement at the top of the tier list than at the bottom, the top of the list should be smaller, since it's bound to change less, but if the bottom is also smaller, than characters will be more likely to jump from tier to tier every voting session, causing inconsistency and confusion.
NOTE: I DID NOT REARRANGE THE CHARACTERS (AT LEAST NOT INTENTIONALLY), SO IF THAT AFFECTS THE INDIVIDUAL PLACEMENT OF CHARACTERS, DO NOT CONSIDER THIS POST FOR CHARACTER PLACEMENT.

Last edited by a moderator:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
:4charizard: really isn't that bad I feel... Certainly not worse than :4wiifit::4gaw::4drmario::4dedede::4zelda: I feel.

My list would be somewhat like this:

A: :4diddy::4sheik::rosalina::4zss:
A-: :4pikachu::4ness::4yoshi::4sonic::4falcon::4lucario:
B: :4fox::4shulk::4luigi::4villager::4megaman::4peach::4wario2::4mario::4olimar::4pit::4miibrawl:
C: :4myfriends::4greninja::4robinm::4jigglypuff::4metaknight::4bowser::4marth::4rob::4duckhunt::4pacman::4link:
D: :4littlemac::4tlink::4ganondorf::4dk::4falco::4samus::4charizard::4lucina::4bowserjr:
E: :4palutena::4zelda::4darkpit::4drmario::4wiifit::4gaw::4miigun:
F: :4miisword:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
But I cannot do that as I disagree strongly with the power rankings.

DjinnandTonic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-5629-0198
The idea isn't to try to get a perfect tier list, the idea is to get a list that changes over time so that the changes can be studied and used to find a true tier list. That takes lots of opinions streamlining the list over and over again. Your opinion -right in this moment- is just a single drop in the river that will EVENTUALLY form a cohesive list. So don't worry so much if the options available to you right now aren't perfect, this is just part of the process to create one of MANY first drafts of the list.

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
But I cannot do that as I disagree strongly with the power rankings.
Guys, Diddy Kong disagrees with the list.

Guys! DIDDY KONG DISAGREES AND WON'T VOTE!

This is not good, oh no. Oh no! Okay, it doesn't matter how much work was put into this, just cancel the project. If Diddy Kong won't vote cuz he hates the list, I guess nobody can.

Xygonn

Smash Ace
NNID
xygonn
A::4diddy::4sheik::4pikachu:
B::4ness::4yoshi::rosalina::4falcon::4zss::4sonic::4lucario:
C::4fox::4luigi::4miibrawl::4peach::4mario::4shulk::4rob::4villager::4greninja::4megaman:
D::4robinf::4olimar::4pit::4wario::4myfriends::4kirby::4tlink::4link::4bowser::4jigglypuff::4duckhunt::4pacman::4marth::4metaknight::4ganondorf::4lucina:
E::4zelda::4darkpit::4samus::4falco::4littlemac::4dk::4dedede::4drmario::4wiifit::4bowserjr::4palutena::4gaw::4charizard::4miigun::4miisword:

I would avoid (S) unless there is some clear space between that tier and A tier characters. I don't think the bottom tier characters have sufficiently proven themselves to be completely unviable so I wouldn't use the F label yet.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
S: :4diddy::4sheik:
A::4pikachu::4ness::4yoshi::rosalina::4falcon::4zss::4sonic:
B::4lucario::4fox::4luigi::4miibrawl::4peach::4mario::4shulk:
C::4rob::4villager::4greninja::4megaman::4robinf::4olimar::4pit:
D::4wario::4myfriends::4kirby::4tlink::4link::4bowser::4jigglypuff::4duckhunt::4pacman::4marth::4metaknight:
E::4ganondorf::4lucina::4zelda::4darkpit::4samus::4falco::4littlemac::4dk::4dedede::4drmario:
F::4wiifit::4bowserjr::4palutena::4gaw::4charizard::4miigun::4miisword:
-----------------
The tier result was embarassing, but okay....
I mean... do people realize Pit/Dark Pit have only 3 differences?
But I understand this could happen in the method of phase 1 :/
Anyway, It's far better than other voted tiers I already saw...

warionumbah2

Smash Master
@ HeavyMetalSonic HeavyMetalSonic

So basically not only do you play MK in the most non-optimal way possible, you also aren't good at playing him at all since you're unaware on why you miss SL despite the fact that you can pull back the 2nd hit so it actually connects. You basically a few pages ago down voted MK because A) You're not good with him and B) He doesn't suit your aggressive playstyle in a game where defensive play is more rewarding.

Its not just you though i get this vibe from this thread that tells me alot of you don't use MK correctly(or at all). As a matter of fact due to how rare a good MK is nevermind a MK in general yall lack experience and to top it all of he's quote on quote 'hard to use'.

This may not be a good tier list but it allows me to get a grasp on what the community thinks about some characters. And it seems a lot of people think MK and Pac-Man sucks.

Last edited:

ShortcutButton

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShortcutButton
@ HeavyMetalSonic HeavyMetalSonic

So basically not only do you play MK in the most non-optimal way possible, you also aren't good at playing him at all since you're unaware on why you miss SL despite the fact that you can pull back the 2nd hit so it actually connects. You basically a few pages ago down voted MK because A) You're not good with him and B) He doesn't suit your aggressive playstyle in a game where defensive play is more rewarding.

Its not just you though i get this vibe from this thread that tells me alot of you don't use MK correctly(or at all). As a matter of fact due to how rare a good MK is nevermind a MK in general yall lack experience and to top it all of he's quote on quote 'hard to use'.

This may not be a good tier list but it allows me to get a grasp on what the community thinks about some characters. And it seems a lot of people think MK and Pac-Man sucks.
This may be true, but until MKs tournament standings increase we have no idea. Perhaps MK is a diamond in the rough, and we haven't discovered it yet (like Jigglypuff in Melee, Ice Climbers in Melee and Brawl). Perhaps we should also take this tier list with a grain of salt moving forward.

warionumbah2

Smash Master
This may be true, but until MKs tournament standings increase we have no idea. Perhaps MK is a diamond in the rough, and we haven't discovered it yet (like Jigglypuff in Melee, Ice Climbers in Melee and Brawl). Perhaps we should also take this tier list with a grain of salt moving forward.
Funny thing is he does have tournament results, he's one of the few characters that can walk in without a secondary and win/place high. But no one bothers to research so his results will always be under the scope.

Top Bottom