• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

Ranias

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ranias
3DS FC
1864-9368-1757
:4miibrawl: -1 (I don't think one 0 to death combo with certain customs warrants him being so high. He seems vulnerable to zoning/projectiles too.
:4dedede:+1 (DDD is definitely good against some characters. I feel like the bottom tier shouldn't be able to beat anyone in upper tiers.)
:4littlemac:+1 (see above)

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
-1 Diddy
+1 Sheik
+1 Marth

Holy crap, Marth is WAY too low xD

Last edited:

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
+1:4luigi:
+1:4falco: - SERIOUSLY underrated as of right now, he has good damage output, a good projectile, a reflector, good approach because of his great range, a powerful meteor smash (and another weaker one in his side-b), very good horizontal recovery and average vertical recovery. His kill power isn't that bad, and his aerials are great. #FalcoUnderratedCharacterOfTheYear

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
+1:4luigi:
+1:4falco: - SERIOUSLY underrated as of right now, he has good damage output, a good projectile, a reflector, good approach because of his great range, a powerful meteor smash (and another weaker one in his side-b), very good horizontal recovery and average vertical recovery. His kill power isn't that bad, and his aerials are great. #FalcoUnderratedCharacterOfTheYear
Falco actually has been getting a lot of recognition.

He was bottom 3, two tier lists ago.

Doruge

Smash Journeyman
:4miibrawl: -1 (I don't think one 0 to death combo with certain customs warrants him being so high. He seems vulnerable to zoning/projectiles too.
Is this really the logic people use when they downvote Brawler

good lord

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
+1 Palutena (Incredibly diverse fighter with many different follow ups from the Down Throw.)
+1 Lucina (Wow, really...? She's almost as good as Marth...sometimes arguably better.)
+1 Dr. Mario (Please don't tell me his recovery is the only thing keeping you guys from upvoting him. He's insanely strong and has tons of viable combos and follow-ups. He's as good as Mario, if not better once mastered.)

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
+1 ROB (Seriously underestimated and fully capable of holding his own against most of the cast. Only Rosalina can fully shut him down.)
+1 Luigi (His combo game and damage racking potential are insane. Plus he has powerful KO attacks.)
+1 Bowser Jr. (Seriously underestimated like ROB. He has many amazing attributes and even takes less damage then the other fighters.)
+1 Palutena (Incredibly diverse fighter with many different follow ups from the Down Throw.)
+1 Lucina (Wow, really...? She's almost as good as Marth...sometimes arguably better.)
+1 Dr. Mario (Please don't tell me his recovery is the only thing keeping you guys from upvoting him. He's insanely strong and has tons of viable combos and follow-ups. He's as good as Mario, if not better once mastered.)
+1 Charizard (Serious powerhouse with an amazing defensive and offensive approach. Give his Nair a go with the short hop and see what I mean. He's insane.)
-1 Peach
-1 Captain Falcon
You DO know it's maximum 3 votes per voting period, right?

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
:4drmario: +1 -> Let's get him closer to middle than lower. His recovery's bad, but people seem to think it's Doc >= Little Mac levels of bad, and that's soooo far from true. It's more like Doc >= Ganondorf >>>>>>> Little Mac. It can only be considered bad because, like several other characters, a bad-angled hit off the stage can spell trouble, and Doc's vertical recovery leaves little to be desired. A LITTLE. Not a lot. Kind of how Ganondorf's horizontal recovery could be better. Mac however is instantly in mortal danger just by leaving the stage.

Outside of that, Doc's mobility is seriously overstated as an issue. Know who else has considerable mobility issues? Luigi. But noooo he gets a free pass because of his Down Throw "combos" (can be DI'd out of and often isn't even true combos) and solid kill options. Know who else has "combos" and solid kill options? Dr. Mario. Not to say Doc is as good as Luigi, but think about it; How does having slightly less effective but still very effective abilities land that character near the BOTTOM of the tier list??

I'll be satisfied with Doc moving one more up the list, but he really deserves more respect. He's being horribly underrated by people who aren't even giving him the time of day.

:4ganondorf: +1 -> Ganondorf's about reads, yes. The difference between now and back in Brawl is that the rewards are significant enough that he can be respected. You don't have to be several levels better than your opponent to stand a chance. Ganondorf is a capitalizing juggernaut, to the point that he can even gimp unfortunate characters at ZERO percent. That's another thing... Ganon's a monster at edgeguarding. He usually needs just one good hit and the opponent's doomed if their recovery isn't high or top tier material OR if Ganon used anything other than DAir.

On stage is still a tricky game for him. Some match-ups are going to really trouble him. Still not on the level of Brawl though where he had frequent 20:80 match-ups or worse. We can safely say Brawl Ganondorf was horrible. This Ganondorf however is far from bad. He can respectably ascend one more tier.

:4olimar: +1 -> I think he deserves it after his performance at APEX. He's another character that's been vastly underrated. Saw plenty of people saying "But I thought he was (one of) the worst characters in the game...!" Goes to show how easily the crowd caves into flimsy perceptions generated by mouthy masses that feel safe to trash characters without doing their own research.

Ranias

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ranias
3DS FC
1864-9368-1757
Brawler is high tier because he is extremely mobile and consistently kills around 60% with HK. Not because of one move that nobody even uses anymore.
I can see that. I'll let other people cancel my vote.

My b.

LordFluffy

Smash Apprentice
+1:4pikachu: This sucker is too low on that list. local tournament results around me have had a pikachu consistently top 3. its partially the player just being super smart, but also because pikachu has the tools to completely wreck face
+1:4ganondorf: What the guy above me in this page said. based on reads, but the rewards are far more significant and warrants a little higher placing
-1:4yoshi: Yoshi is a strong character don't get me wrong, but after the few months this game has been out i don't feel he's top 5 anymore. love seeing yoshi reps but i don't see his strength being top 5 anymore.

revengeska

Smash Apprentice
+1 :4pacman: Two top 32 appearances and a top 8 appearance at Apex, despite having a relatively small number of mains. And he's ranked 22nd??

-1 :4yoshi: Where are the results?

-1 :4jigglypuff: Sorry, not buying the high tier placement.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
+:4olimar: Olimar may be small, but he's still pretty strong. Pikmin form an effective shield and are great for racking up damage. Winged Pikmin is also one of the best recovery moves.
-:4mario: Mario is only average, and should not be in his brother's tier. He should be near the middle of the list.
+:4lucina: Lucina is definitely better than this.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
:4sonic:+1

I firmly believe that this character belongs in the current top tier. It's not just SONIC SPEED, but power and safety too.

:4wario2:+1

In a game filled with several so-called "underrated" characters, he is truly deserving of that tag. When will the Smash 4 community wake up and smell the garlic?

:4jigglypuff:-1

Don't get me wrong, this version of Jiggs is MUCH better than Brawl Jiggs. Once the shock goes away, though, people will hopefully start to realize that she is not a high tier of any sort.

_gold_

Smash Master
:4wario2:+1

In a game filled with several so-called "underrated" characters, he is truly deserving of that tag. When will the Smash 4 community wake up and smell the garlic?
I know, right?! Wario is a heck of a lot of fun in this game, and a pretty good character too!

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
Wario's honestly AT LEAST top 15.
That's so stretching it. Wario is good, and underrated, but if you're saying he is better than 35 other characters in the list, that isn't right. Especially since you said at LEAST, I think he is top 15 at MOST.

_gold_

Smash Master
That's so stretching it. Wario is good, and underrated, but if you're saying he is better than 35 other characters in the list, that isn't right. Especially since you said at LEAST, I think he is top 15 at MOST.
It depends on who's playing. Go watch Reflex and you might change your mind.

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
It depends on who's playing. Go watch Reflex and you might change your mind.
You could say the same thing with MANY underrated characters. Mike Kirby with Kirby, Dabuz with Olimar, and more. The argument "They are good with that character makes the character good" doesn't work. The only person I could think of that changed this is Boss, who played Luigi before any other big players did, even though the Luigi boards knew he was good (I was a Luigi main).
An example of why this doesn't work is Amsa's yoshi. Yoshi still isn't top tier. Amsa beats a TON of good players, he was even top 16 in Apex, but he hasn't moved up. Heck, Amsa's Yoshi is even MORE IMPRESSIVE than any underrated character's player. Just because you're good with a character, doesn't mean they are top 15.

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
You could say the same thing with MANY underrated characters. Mike Kirby with Kirby, Dabuz with Olimar, and more. The argument "They are good with that character makes the character good" doesn't work. The only person I could think of that changed this is Boss, who played Luigi before any other big players did, even though the Luigi boards knew he was good (I was a Luigi main).
An example of why this doesn't work is Amsa's yoshi. Yoshi still isn't top tier. Amsa beats a TON of good players, he was even top 16 in Apex, but he hasn't moved up. Heck, Amsa's Yoshi is even MORE IMPRESSIVE than any underrated character's player. Just because you're good with a character, doesn't mean they are top 15.
That's not exactly true. A character's tier ranking is based off of potential compared to other characters. If only one person uses the character to it's full potential, it still has tools to be high tier, it's just not fully explored yet. So yes, there are characters that can do well, but we are basing this off of character potential. Wario has lagless recovery to get easy smashes and such, he has ptoential

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
That's not exactly true. A character's tier ranking is based off of potential compared to other characters. If only one person uses the character to it's full potential, it still has tools to be high tier, it's just not fully explored yet. So yes, there are characters that can do well, but we are basing this off of character potential. Wario has lagless recovery to get easy smashes and such, he has ptoential
Kirby has a good recovery, good combos, good smashes, and is small. Is Kirby EVER gonna be high tier? Probably not, does he have potential, definitely. A character can be good and underrated without being "Top 15 at LEAST". This game is very balanced, and a character can be good without being top.

Top Bottom