• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

Zorai

Smash Journeyman
NNID
x_Zorai
The best character right now is debatable between :rosalina: and :sheik:.

It's hard to say where the meta is going to go from here.

Sheik played perfectly can beat every character in the game, but you have to take into account tournament results thus far. Obviously Rosa is even easier to use effectively. Believe it or not, you have to think less with Rosa and throw out more hitboxes.

Last edited:

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428

Sheik played perfectly can beat every character in the game, but you have to take into account tournament results thus far. Obviously Rosa is even easier to use effectively. Believe it or not, you have to think less with Rosa and throw out more hitboxes.
Those hitboxes are gigantic. With Rosalina being on top and with all the windbox customs, Ness should drop to B or C tier. I don't think he is safe on A tier anymore.

Last edited:

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879

So that's whyy Rosa is good against my friends even though I don't even try lol.

Personally I think Pikachu is a contender for top 3 easily, he wasn't really nerfed at all and was already a top level threat. Sheik is debatably the best in the game, those 2 small damage nerfs do nothing to curb how damn good she is. Sonic might still be top tier but losing his backthrow hurts a bit. Diddy can probably still make top 5 safely despite all his nerfs, his hoo hah is nerfed but his combo potential and speed are all still very good.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I have a gut feeling that since :4mario: and :rosalina: were barely changed, they would be at top tier. Especially with Mario's combos and Rosalina's high defence stat and Luma puppetry
That sounds about right.
:4mario::4luigi::rosalina::4sheik:and:4sonic: will probably end up being the best in the game. I'm still pissed off that they only gave :4jigglypuff:ONE buff.

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
I think that Pacman is better than where he is at now with this voted tier list, he's definitely C-tier material!

And I'd say the Links deserve to be higher if played at their optimum, but that's just my bias speaking~ Embarrass

Fuerzo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Erudites
Diddy is still the best in the game at this point--even if his absurd easy-bake combo was mutilated and his kill power severely nerfed, he still has great movement and more options for both offensive and defensive play than anyone else.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Diddy is still the best in the game at this point--even if his absurd easy-bake combo was mutilated and his kill power severely nerfed, he still has great movement and more options for both offensive and defensive play than anyone else.
If so, he'll just keep getting nerfed until he's not.
It's a shame, at least, for the Diddy players.

As for me...? Well, as a Mewtwo player, all I need to expect is buffs. :3

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
If so, he'll just keep getting nerfed until he's not.
It's a shame, at least, for the Diddy players.

As for me...? Well, as a Mewtwo player, all I need to expect is buffs. :3
Not til the next character tweak obviously

As for mewtwo on this chart

The low zone of C and just grazing D obviously (and known you guys with underrating you guys are going to make mewtwo even lower than this)

Gutei

Smash Cadet
That sounds about right.
I'm still pissed off that they only gave :4jigglypuff:ONE buff.
Hey, at least they didn't take away the one really good thing about the character. Them adding only a few frames onto Link's jab totally destroyed some of his combo game and mix-ups. I didn't even know about it when I updated the game until the past two days - yet I knew something was wrong because I was doing horribly in comparison to a few weeks ago.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Hey, at least they didn't take away the one really good thing about the character. Them adding only a few frames onto Link's jab totally destroyed some of his combo game and mix-ups. I didn't even know about it when I updated the game until the past two days - yet I knew something was wrong because I was doing horribly in comparison to a few weeks ago.
Link is just cursed to forever walk the low tiers. Jigglypuff, on the other hand, has the makings of a very good character, if the balancing team knew what to do with her. At least they gave your character some attention, even if it was negative. Besides, I highly doubt removing some interuptibility frames will destroy Link.

Gutei

Smash Cadet
Link is just cursed to forever walk the low tiers. Jigglypuff, on the other hand, has the makings of a very good character, if the balancing team knew what to do with her. At least they gave your character some attention, even if it was negative. Besides, I highly doubt removing some interuptibility frames will destroy Link.
But he was doing so well, too.... :cry:

LawofDeath

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LawofDe4th
3DS FC
3480-3867-8012
I think with customs DK is very underrated as well. his custom up special is amazing, can easily break out Mario's up tilt combo and punish too. Can KO characters from above with it's up diagonal high knockback. Also can pull in characters who try to gimp him off stage and potentially use the stage to knock them down with a rebound spike. Has super armor even in air might I add.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Customs are a whole other playbook that we haven't even begun to read yet. Though I have a feeling that once we do, we won't want to put it down.
Mario with customs is probably top tier. Ganondorf probably jumps up like 3 tiers with customs.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Customs are a whole other playbook that we haven't even begun to read yet. Though I have a feeling that once we do, we won't want to put it down.
Mario with customs is probably top tier. Ganondorf probably jumps up like 3 tiers with customs.
And Mewtwo....!
oh yeah...

LawofDeath

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LawofDe4th
3DS FC
3480-3867-8012
Custom DK is the most overrated character in any smash game ever
You just dismissed some of my reasoning completely. I didn't even know custom DK was even "highly rated" till you just informed me.

Gutei

Smash Cadet
"well"
Because being caught in your character's jab combo = death, is totally fair.
Please.
I wasn't talking about the infinite - which I've only seen pulled off, what, once? - I'm talking about how removing the properties of the jab to actually follow up on it. Most of us followed a jab with a ftilt or utilt into an aerial, or a grab - now we can't. We jab and get punished. It limits the kit.

Doruge

Smash Journeyman
You just dismissed some of my reasoning completely. I didn't even know custom DK was even "highly rated" till you just informed me.
I didn't dismiss anything. I've seen way too many people say that custom DK is broken, the best character in the game, etc. Just watch all the people who will try to put him in s-tier when the next community tier list starts.

Browny

Smash Hater
I am going to wait until after Evo until we figure out if we are doing customs or not.

As much as I love the idea of custom moves, it seems like every week people are discovering a new broken combo with it. Im talking about mii brawlers chaingrab into helicopter kick, pikachus infinite and who knows how far some people are willing to take kong cyclone or dr marios broken as hell custom upb.

If Evo literally becomes brawler vs pikachu then things might change.

SpottedCerberus

Smash Journeyman
Custom DK is the most overrated character in any smash game ever
Agreed. I like DK with or without customs, but a great up special isn't enough to compensate for his flaws. It's still the same character that so many people rank as bottom tier.

Doruge

Smash Journeyman
As much as I love the idea of custom moves, it seems like every week people are discovering a new broken combo with it. Im talking about mii brawlers chaingrab into helicopter kick, pikachus infinite and who knows how far some people are willing to take kong cyclone or dr marios broken as hell custom upb.
Pikachu's infinite forces him to give up his best move for a huge downgrade, and besides that, it won't even be allowed at evo since no sets have both Thunder Wave and Meteor QA.
Kong Cyclone is a great move but anyone who actually practices against it won't lose to it so easily.
You'll have to elaborate on the Dr. Mario one, nothing he has screams "broken" exactly

Mii Brawler is a huge threat but there's nothing wrong with this. He's a legitimate character that takes a surprising amount of skill to play effectively. And he's more fun to watch than most top tiers.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Pikachu's infinite forces him to give up his best move for a huge downgrade, and besides that, it won't even be allowed at evo since no sets have both Thunder Wave and Meteor QA.
Kong Cyclone is a great move but anyone who actually practices against it won't lose to it so easily.
You'll have to elaborate on the Dr. Mario one, nothing he has screams "broken" exactly

Mii Brawler is a huge threat but there's nothing wrong with this. He's a legitimate character that takes a surprising amount of skill to play effectively. And he's more fun to watch than most top tiers.
His Ol'OneTwo KO's around 70%, and it's seriously quick.
...is that considered broken? Idk.

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
That move is not broken. It has slightly more start-up than super jump punch, it has A LOT of landing lag, and turns an already really bad recovery into something where you might as well fall and die.

Also I wouldn't say 70% but then again I haven't tried it in weeks.

Last edited:

Browny

Smash Hater

After watching M2K 0-death good players over and over on his stream with dthrow-fair-dthrow-fair-dthrow-fair-upb Im hesitant to say that takes a lot of skill. You can actually do that with your eyes closed, you dont need to even follow DI since the fair sends the enemy no where.

Seriously practice it. If you can 0-death majority of the cast off a grab with your eyes closed, that isnt a 'skillful' character. This isnt IC's where you have to work to get both of them in place and desynced for the grab.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
That move is not broken. It has slightly more start-up than super jump punch, it has A LOT of landing lag, and turns an already really bad recovery into something where you might as well fall and die.

Also I wouldn't say 70% but then again I haven't tried it in weeks.
You'd be surprised at how much height it actually gains.

Doruge

Smash Journeyman
After watching M2K 0-death good players over and over on his stream with dthrow-fair-dthrow-fair-dthrow-fair-upb Im hesitant to say that takes a lot of skill. You can actually do that with your eyes closed, you dont need to even follow DI since the fair sends the enemy no where.

Seriously practice it. If you can 0-death majority of the cast off a grab with your eyes closed, that isnt a 'skillful' character. This isnt IC's where you have to work to get both of them in place and desynced for the grab.
You do need to follow their DI after the dthrow though. And looking at M2K vs Nairo at Sandstorm, Nairo was able to get out of the chaingrab every time M2K attempted it. So either it's easily escapable, or much harder to perform than you think.

SpottedCerberus

Smash Journeyman
It would be one thing if a top tier character had broken customs, but most people are complaining about characters who were bottom tier without them. Customs give Dr. Mario a more viable shot at mid-tier at best. With that recovery, you might as well use Little Mac and get the speed to go with the KO power.

(I haven't unlocked all of Pikachu's customs yet so I can't say whether they make him OP.)

MetaKnight956

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2981-7717-3785
There should really be separate customs and non-customs tier lists. Also Mewtwo is probably C or almost D.

ChuteTheMessenger

Village's Strongest Hitman
In the next round of voting, why not use an external site or some other kind of tool designed to tally up user votes so that OP and OP's helpers don't have to manually factor in each new post? That sounds unnecessarily laborious and prone to human error.

Top Bottom