• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

apparently fuz

legendary doesn't fit me.
NNID
googlemynumber
3DS FC
1908-0730-5856
-1 :4pikachu:- Few results, ESAM's placements have been slipping. Range issues against the new characters. Killing issues. Hard to see based on results how he can be in the top 10 anymore.
-1 :4zss:- I don't see how she can be #2 anymore after the nerf and the promise Bayo and Cloud are showing currently.
Up-b nerf didn't really hurt ZSS that much, since the whole reason that the ladder combo kills off the top is because ZSS drags you to the blast zone with u-air. It only made up-b OoS slightly less potent as it kills slightly later now (5% or something around there).

:4pikachu: -1
:4wario: -1
:4corrin: -1
:4greninja: -1
:4ganondorf: +1

Last edited:

Axel311

Smash Ace
NNID
axel311
Up-b nerf didn't really hurt ZSS that much, since the whole reason that the ladder combo kills off the top is because ZSS drags you to the blast zone with u-air. It only made up-b OoS slightly less potent as it kills slightly later now (5% or something around there).

:4wario: -1
:4corrin: -1
:4ganondorf: +1
Yeah it wasn't that big a deal. But the main reason I have ZSS dropping is not because of her it's more because of how well Cloud and Bayo are performing.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
1::4sheik::4zss:
2::rosalina::4bayonetta::4cloud::4pikachu::4ryu:
3::4diddy::4sonic::4fox::4metaknight::4mario::4villager::4ness:
4::4corrin::4greninja:
5::4wario::4yoshi::4falcon::4tlink:(:4darkpit::4pit:):4myfriends::4peach::4luigi::4lucario::4pacman::4rob::4dk::4bowser::4mewtwo::4lucas::4miibrawl:
6::4marth::4olimar::4gaw::4kirby::4miigun::4falco::4link::4megaman::4robinf::4wiifit::4miisword::4littlemac::4feroy:
7::4lucina::4bowserjr::4shulk::4samus::4drmario::4charizard::4palutena::4duckhunt:
8::4dedede::4ganondorf::4zelda::4jigglypuff:
-1:4bowser:Gonna wait to fill this out until I'm in a really good mood, right now I can't fill this one in without getting myself infracted.

-1:4link:Bad Frame Data, Slow in general, bad throws and grab, bad recovery, terrible matchup spread (Apart from his advantage aganist Villager), generally poor moveset, and extremely overrated.

+1:4megaman:Both good in terms of results and theory, just that matchups aren't the best. Great results in southeast USA due to Scatt. His pellets and projectiles are all great, he has great KO Power, good moveset in general, extremely underrated, etc. :4wiifit: and :4robinm: have the same problem but :4megaman: is a little better so he gets the vote

+1:rosalina:Probably the best character now since Sheik and ZSS were nerfed

+1:4diddy:Theory, matchups, and results suggest he could be higher, at least above Ryu and Pikachu (lol)

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
+1:4corrin:
-1:4greninja:
+1:4megaman:
+1:4drmario:
+1:4charizard:(Just saying, a character with both a combo throw and a super strong kill throw probably shouldn't be this low)

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
The tier list looks like a big middle finger with that gigantic tier 5.

+:4yoshi:
+:4falcon:
+:4pit:
+:4tlink:
+:4myfriends:

Let's break up that 5th tier, like half of them should move up to 4.

D

Deleted member

1::4sheik::4zss:
2::rosalina::4bayonetta::4cloud::4pikachu::4ryu:
3::4diddy::4sonic::4fox::4metaknight::4mario::4villager::4ness:
4::4corrin::4greninja:
5::4wario::4yoshi::4falcon::4tlink:(:4darkpit::4pit:):4myfriends::4peach::4luigi::4lucario::4pacman::4rob::4dk::4bowser::4mewtwo::4lucas::4miibrawl:
6::4marth::4olimar::4gaw::4kirby::4miigun::4falco::4link::4megaman::4robinf::4wiifit::4miisword::4littlemac::4feroy:
7::4lucina::4bowserjr::4shulk::4samus::4drmario::4charizard::4palutena::4duckhunt:
8::4dedede::4ganondorf::4zelda::4jigglypuff:
-1:4bowser:Gonna wait to fill this out until I'm in a really good mood, right now I can't fill this one in without getting myself infracted.

-1:4link:Bad Frame Data, Slow in general, bad throws and grab, bad recovery, terrible matchup spread (Apart from his advantage aganist Villager), generally poor moveset, and extremely overrated.

+1:4megaman:Both good in terms of results and theory, just that matchups aren't the best. Great results in southeast USA due to Scatt. His pellets and projectiles are all great, he has great KO Power, good moveset in general, extremely underrated, etc. :4wiifit: and :4robinm: have the same problem but :4megaman: is a little better so he gets the vote

+1:4kirby:Good matchup spread in general (Even aganist :4zss::4fox::4villager:, three top tiers, and for high tiers, even aganist :4falcon::4pacman::4rob::4wario: and advantage aganist :4olimar::4lucario:), good aierals, great tilts (Espicially up tilt), can copy moves with inhale, great throws, has no killing problems now due to up throw, great edgeguarding, good results from Mikekirby and occasionally Smashg0d, good smashes. I could see him being a few spots higher, but I mainly don't want him to go down next time.

+1:4diddy:Theory, matchups, and results suggest he could be higher, at least above Ryu and Pikachu (lol)
How does Kirby beat R.O.B. or Wario at all?

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
They don't go even either.
Rob is even because Kirby can get lasers, Kirby can gimp him really hard, and mostly, Kirby can combo him really hard due to his big hurtbox

Wario is even because Kirby can get Chomp and Wario has trouble getting Kirby to stop attacking him when Kirby DOES get in, and because of this, Kirby racks damage up well

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Because everyone else finds this tier 5 yo much...

+:4yoshi:
+:4falcon:
+:4pit:
+:4tlink:
+:4myfriends:

HerpFish

Smash Cadet
NNID
HerpFish
3DS FC
1220-9235-4974
And once again I forgot to vote for a long time.
+:4bowserjr:I have long said that people overrate him, but this is too low for my liking.
+:4lucina:Should be closer to Marth. Not having a tipper is not worth an entire tier of difference, especially a tier as big as what currently exists. Why is this still a problem? Especially after the buffs...
+:4olimar:I'm not sure if I missed something happening that made Olimar this low, so feel free to correct me if this is blatantly wrong.
-:4pikachu:Good, but not as good as those in the same tier.
-:4corrin:Worse than Greninja in my mind, but still up there. I feel like both should be slightly behind Yoshi and Wario at this point.

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
+1 :rosalina: With Sheik, ZSS, and Bayo being nerfed but her being untouched, I could see her being the best character in the game.
+1 :4pacman: Seriously, what aren't you guys understanding about Pac-Man's capability? Setups and zoning galore, and e got lots of good buffs in 1.1.5: His smashes and B-air kill earlier, his early N-air has less landing lag, and his grab is much less laggy and is disjointed.
+1 :4rob: Gyro + great grab and kill confirm + flexible recovery + amazing up smash and up air = mid-high at least.
+1 :4marth: After buffs, he's definitely mid tier.
+1 :4tlink: Seriously, who downvoted him from Tier 4? That's the perfect place for him.

Would downvote :4pikachu: and :4bowser:, but both are already being done to death, and they shouldn't move more than a tier down.

EDIT: Changed :4metaknight: upvote to :rosalina: upvote because of the patch.

Last edited:

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
he is in that massive group of (semi) viable character. I just don't think be longs there. He's not that good.
Well, you're overlooking a character with quite a bit of potential. I'm not saying he's great or anything but he's not terrible. Also, the 4BR Tier List had him in 30th place, I think. Not that that thing was accurate but I would put him somewhere around there myself.

Djmarcus44

Smash Journeyman
:4miibrawl:+1 Guest size any moveset Brawler has more tournament wins than half of the cast even though it is not allowed in most tournaments.
:4wiifit:+1
:4miigun:+ 1 Gunner gets a great landing option in bomb drop and an improved combo game from grenades, missiles, and bombs.
:4miisword:+1 Swordfighter gets a really good punish game with chakram.
:4megaman:+ 1

Smash Cadet
:4megaman: +1
:4lucina: -1
:4yoshi: -1

Pikachu to tier 6? Honestly not but if you guys are going to down vote him so much but he's still honestly a good character. He should be at the very least 25th.

Jeronado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jeronado
3DS FC
0920-1020-8081
Welp, just gonna get the ball rolling

-1 :4metaknight: This character was really good cause he had lots of jank and now that jank is gone. Probably Mid tier now. RIP Batball... I'll still main you... :crying:

Hmm, maybe high tier

Last edited:

Stick Dude

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sticker
3DS FC
1633-4504-2636
Stop voting Pika down, he's already going down a tier or two.

Last edited:

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
Well then, with 1.1.5 being released, and most of the characters around her being buffed, I think it's safe to say Jigglypuff is shaping up to be the worst character. Both Zelda and Ganon got buffs, and others like Palutena also got buffs, yet Jiggs continues to get no buffs (as of this post, though it's looking unlikely).

http://smashboards.com/threads/1-1-5-patch-notes.433162/

With that, I'm off to the Sheik boards, with my salt shield ready... heh heh heh...

Last edited:

Fex13

Smash Apprentice
Dawwww they nerfed Corrin more than the dlc character getting results
corrins nerfs arent bad at all and dont affect her placing as a character. all that really changed is that uair kills later und dragon lunge kill confirms from neutral b are harder to pull off.
but she has longer and easier combo strings now.

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
Well, my life is over. Please, just shoot me... Just ****ing shoot me now... Why, god? WHY?! MK was so young! WHY DID YOU HAVE TO TAKE HIM?! HE WAS SO YOUNG!!!
What exactly changed about Meta Knight?

From what I am hearing, it doesn't change him up much.

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
Pretty much no more U-air -> death combos. At the very least, they are MUCH harder, MUCH more situational, MUCH more vulnerable to DI, and MUCH more risky.
From what I heard though, the angle change makes the DI of the move much more predictable. It's harder to DI into from Meta Knight, meaning most opponents will be DI'ing away now, meaning Meta Knight can predict the DI easier. In theory, that is at least a positive change.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
While it does make the DI more predictable... it also makes the DI much more of a combo-breaker. It sends them forward a lot more, and less vertical distance, so if the foe DIs forward, then they're out of reach of the uair – so your combo is broken.

Buuut according to the MK boards (:4link:'d by Xander), MK now has kill combos off the side to replace his ones off the top. Interesting change, I like it.

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
While it does make the DI more predictable... it also makes the DI much more of a combo-breaker. It sends them forward a lot more, and less vertical distance, so if the foe DIs forward, then they're out of reach of the uair – so your combo is broken.

Buuut according to the MK boards (:4link:'d by Xander), MK now has kill combos off the side to replace his ones off the top. Interesting change, I like it.
Yeah. All of a sudden, I'm not so sad. He now has some ridiculous combos at the side blastzone. Plus, his new F-air is amazing for tech chases.

TimG57867

Smash Ace

True, but if Tyrant knows his stuff, those aren't guarenteed either:

https://twitter.com/NMEtyrant/status/709992810410287109

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Shiek and ZSS being nerfed is the best tll tier nerf to happen since Diddy Kong's

TimG57867

Smash Ace
- :4sheik:
- :4zss:

Don't get me wrong. They're still probably good, (especially ZSS) but I don't think they're good enough to have their own tier anymore. Also a couple more:

+ :4dedede: Unlike the other 3 in the bottom, he has actual solo-run results. (Again, B.E.A.S.T 6 anyone?)
+ :4charizard: I think Charizard is on par with the tier above. It's just that his player base is nonexistent.
+ :4pikachu: I think he's been downvoted too much.

Last edited:
Top Bottom