• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember when I said I was going? lol
so excited for tomorrow I finally get to play Earthbound!
I hope it's as good as people say it is.
Also is there anything different for the virtual console version?
I don't think so

And I don't mean to be a deflate hype for an amazing game but don't expect it to be a work of art straight out of the gate. I had some issues with being underlevelled pretty much all the way up until the first McGuffin. From other people i've talked to they had similar issues.

TLDR expect a slow start but after that it is fun and charm all the way through.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I know DD exists. It's just that GS2 had no cliffhangers by having a satisfying, conclusive fight
Was a joke but I guess I didn't phrase it well. A lot of GS fans try to pretend that DD doesn't exist though.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
...I realized something that makes the final boss even WORSE.
Team Elma doesn't even ****ing bother to see if Luxaar is alive after beating the Vita. If they checked, then Luxaar wouldn't have gotten the chance to potshot the Lifehold, meaning THREE OUT OF FIVE PHASES WERE CAUSED BECAUSE TEAM NOT KNOW HOW TO SMRT. FOR ****'S SAKE!

...I realized something that makes the final boss even WORSE.
Team Elma doesn't even ****ing bother to see if Luxaar is alive after beating the Vita. If they checked, then Luxaar wouldn't have gotten the chance to potshot the Lifehold, meaning THREE OUT OF FIVE PHASES WERE CAUSED BECAUSE TEAM NOT KNOW HOW TO SMRT. FOR ****'S SAKE!
Well you see Cross told the team to go look but no one was looking at them so no one noticed their nod that would give all of the information like every other nod in the game

Have I mentioned I ****ing hate Cross's implementation?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Here's the thing. I had the strongest Skells and we all had Gbusters. Only good thing in the whole chapter are super spoilery artbook thing looking pretty damn cool and the final boss's design and theme. Seriously, listen to 'The Key We've Lost' if you haven't already
I heard that song probably too much if you ask me ;) I just love this game's soundtrack...:p

Now if you've had issues with the last boss....Just wait till you try to take on the Tyrants of Mira if this boss hasn't stolen your insanity yet..

Good luck against Telethia the Endbringer...

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
And I thought the original Xenoblade got iffy with it's level balancing at the point I got to...

Guess they didn't fix that for the sequel.

And I thought the original Xenoblade got iffy with it's level balancing at the point I got to...

I understand this is an extreme case of anecdotal but in the entirty of Xenoblade 1 I needed to grind 3 times.

Once because I actually didn't understand a game mecahnic, once for that one boss everyone hates because acid pits, and for the final boss. I missed a HUGE amount of sidequests as well. Like. . .70% of them at best.

For XCX it was at least 5 times and I did wayyyyyyyyy more sudequests. AKA Every single one I could get my hands on. Based on my experience XCX's difficulty spikes are less forgiving

(Although now that I think about it, that isn't necessarily a bad thing. Forcing one to go out and explore instead of just running head first through the story has benefis. Especially for a game as open world as XCX. Too bad I had explored so much of Mira compared to the Bionis :X)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

It gets iffy at the beginning because you need to learn how to stealth as the game structures itself so you have to be careful for a while. After that, which was about Chapter 5, I only really had difficulty with that piece of **** final boss,
I heard that song probably too much if you ask me ;) I just love this game's soundtrack...:p

Now if you've had issues with the last boss....Just wait till you try to take on the Tyrants of Mira if this boss hasn't stolen your insanity yet..

Good luck against Telethia the Endbringer...
I'm mad of anger, not insane. From what I heard, Rexoskell is worse

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Cards against Humanity donated $25,000 to Anita Sarkeesian's kickstarter so it could catch up with The Amazing Athiest's fundraiser to help woman in foreign countries of need...

Wow, Cards against Humanity. Anita REALLY needs your money more than woman in those countries.

They certainly are a company against humanity

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Cards against Humanity donated $25,000 to Anita Sarkeesian's kickstarter so it could catch up with The Amazing Athiest's fundraiser to help woman in foreign countries of need...

Wow, Cards against Humanity. Anita REALLY needs your money more than woman in those countries.

They certainly are a company against humanity
I demand a source

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
It gets iffy at the beginning because you need to learn how to stealth as the game structures itself so you have to be careful for a while. After that, which was about Chapter 5, I only really had difficulty with that piece of **** final boss,

I'm mad of anger, not insane. From what I heard, Rexoskell is worse
Oh yeah Rexoskell's in the Squad Missions, right?...Literally the only things I did at that console was spend reward tickets for materials and grind Affinity so I haven't looked into it actually...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
It's a sad world if we get DigiHom sueing Jim Sterling and Anita getting priority over women in need in less than a week's time

I want to say something about XCX quickly again. Despite the ****ty final boss, despite the unforgivable ending, despite all the flaws in the game including pacing and the surprisingly lack of information you can get from the game, it's still a fun time sinker. 90-ish hours well spent. Next is Advance Wars :D

Burruni

Smash Hero
Well you see Cross told the team to go look but no one was looking at them so no one noticed their nod that would give all of the information like every other nod in the game

Have I mentioned I ****ing hate Cross's implementation?
Yo.
As I've been saying.
Cross is a Type B "Avatar" and that just comes across really damn lifeless in a game like this.

Also, I have finally beaten Disgaea 5 and dear god that final blow was one of the most anime things I've ever set up.

spoilers for the game if there's anyone who even wants to bother

The Overload skill of the protagonist, only unlocked when they effectively overcame their Shadow and fear of the past and anchored themselves for a path greater than revenge.

Their last unique skill, gotten through the last actions of their old master turned villain through brainwashing.

The final boss? The daughter of that master, the true love of the protagonist, brought back from death, but possessed into a demonic form through bloodlust and anger in its purest form from the big bad; who in turn was her brother and the co-pupil to that same master alongside the protagonist but couldn't learn the final and ultimate skills due to impatience and focus on raw power.
All it was missing would be just quoting "MY LOVE, MY HATE, AND ALL OF MY SORROW!"

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I stopped playing XCX. I had a week off and found it too difficult to get back into it because I had no idea what was going on. That game needs to be simplified.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I understand this is an extreme case of anecdotal but in the entirty of Xenoblade 1 I needed to grind 3 times.

Once because I actually didn't understand a game mecahnic, once for that one boss everyone hates because acid pits, and for the final boss. I missed a HUGE amount of sidequests as well. Like. . .70% of them at best.

For XCX it was at least 5 times and I did wayyyyyyyyy more sudequests. AKA Every single one I could get my hands on. Based on my experience XCX's difficulty spikes are less forgiving

(Although now that I think about it, that isn't necessarily a bad thing. Forcing one to go out and explore instead of just running head first through the story has benefis. Especially for a game as open world as XCX. Too bad I had explored so much of Mira compared to the Bionis :X)
I only have had two moments in Xenoblade where I hit a clear roadblock and was obviously underlevelled, but they were literally back to back, and that is why I struggle to go back to the game.

First there was "the one everyone hates because acid pits". And then after beating that boss, I was going smoothly for a while until I now have to fight this weird monster thing and my attacks don't seem to do much too it, and I am clearly at a way lower level than it even though I had to grind as is to fight the boss directly before.

And I don't know my sidequest ratio or whatever, but I do go out of my way to do sidequests and to explore and fill up maps (for perspective, it took me over 7 hours to reach Gaur Plain for the first time).

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Halloween CG stuff for Fates has been shown, here's Oboro
Because of how the image is cut off at the bottom, it looks like Oboro's only wearing 1 high heel. This pisses me off for some reason. Then again, 4 hours sleep. What a terrible duwang, it's like a picnic in hell. First next to no sleep, then XCX's **** ending and now this...

It's a sad world if we get DigiHom sueing Jim Sterling and Anita getting priority over women in need in less than a week's time

I want to say something about XCX quickly again. Despite the ****ty final boss, despite the unforgivable ending, despite all the flaws in the game including pacing and the surprisingly lack of information you can get from the game, it's still a fun time sinker. 90-ish hours well spent. Next is Advance Wars :D
Cant say i disagree. XCX is the game ive looked at the most critically of all the games i've ever played. There are a hell of a lot of flaws and no game has annoyed me even half as much with "this could be better" moments. . .but the actual experience is SO damn solid. I want so many improvements for the next game from music, to gameplay to story. . . But assuming the next game has the same basic formula im almost certain it will be a great game just like this one.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Whew.

With all the complaints I was starting to think X was a bad game.

Now I can buy it without regret.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
The defining feature for me in Xenoblade X was the emphasis on exploration...heck some missions basically force you to explore (such as when I accepted Frye's recruitment mission which required me to run up to Sylvalum still early on, was a pain but did not regret the trip afterwards)

You get so immersed within the world around you it is literally a giant sandbox and you can basically do almost anything you want...The fact that sometimes you have to watch your footing since you can literally run into some crazy overpowered creatures early on (thank god for shadowrunner) which made the world truly feel dangerous at times...

I still remember the wonder I felt when I first encountered Noctilum and Sylvalum just being able to take it all in...and the moments of basically ****ting myself discovering some of the overpowered Tyrants in the various hidden areas of Mira...Like after getting to the top of Talon Rock and discovering Elvira the Talondrake...NOPE! NOPE! NOPE!...

No game has made me feel the way this game did in years....not since the Primes actually...and what I would've give for an open world Metroid game

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Maybe they'll show a little bit of the NX at e3. Just a small preview would be neat.
They most likely will...if the rumours are true and it's going to release at the end of the year then they kinda have to to get the word out about it...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
They most likely will...if the rumours are true and it's going to release at the end of the year then they kinda have to to get the word out about it...
Yeah. Hopefully the controller is not... strange. I mean, the Wii Remote & Nunchuck didn't work for everyone, but the classic controller and attachments were neat. The Wii U Gamepad was much better, though, imo. Albeit, it's a bit big for my hand, but it felt like a traditional controller enough for many games.

But my point was that gimmicks only work for so long. At the moment, they need a traditional controller and a simple enough product to program for, so they can get 3rd parties easier. Gotta go back to the basics and all. Get both the customers and 3rd parties interested in using the product. The Wii U didn't focus much on this, while the Wii did a better job, even if a lot of the games were Shovelware.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I expect a reveal of NX hardware in a special Direct in April or May and a focus on NX software at this year's E3.

D

Deleted member

Trying to avoid spoilers in the last page
Halloween CG stuff for Fates has been shown, here's Oboro
Because of how the image is cut off at the bottom, it looks like Oboro's only wearing 1 high heel. This pisses me off for some reason. Then again, 4 hours sleep. What a terrible duwang, it's like a picnic in hell. First next to no sleep, then XCX's **** ending and now this...
Omg, she looks so cute, why does she have to be such a racist asshole? And what's up with her face?
And do you know what are the other CGs?

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
The mistake most people make regarding Xenoblade X, is that they are expecting it to be Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

If you consider X to be Episode 1 though, some of the flaws of the story can be forgiven, because it is clear this game is all about the world building, sidequests & creating a setting where a Trilogy or Saga is going to take place.

The real gripe I had with X was that there where way to many optional party members and I hope we get a reduction in the sequal, because its pretty clear Elma, Lao & Lin are the only real important characters of the story, with characters like Doug, Gwin or Irina, being the most important sidecharacters(Like Otharon or Kalian in the first game)

The Final boss is a mixed bag, I've seen praise for it & major disappointment of it, like Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen 's reaction & yeah I feel ashamed a bit if some Xenoblade fans call this on the same level as what we got on the first game, because epicness wise, this boss only comes close to the Prison Island scene of the first game(which is logical if there is going to be sequal) & not the Mechonis Core event 2.0 like some peoples where saying on forums

If you played Resident Evil before, the Final boss just feels like a copypaste, and it kinda gives the feeling of "been there, done that"

Xenoblade X deserve all the credit & praise though, for the sidequests & explorations, because thats what clearly was the focus of this game & if you really want a story again, its atleast confirmed that the next Xenogame will focus on story again, by Takahashi himself

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I guess I went into X expect Chronicals 2.0 and I got something entirely different.

Refreshing, but I didn't like the avatar or the characters nearly as much.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
In case you haven't gotten into Shantae yet, there is a Director's Cut version of Risky's Revenge coming out on Wii U.

Dunno if it's news but it's news to me.

Also there's a new mode in it where you wear a skimpier costume and your defense gets cut in half as a result, but you can also use more magic.

Here breasts may or may not look slightly bigger in that outfit too, but that could just be the outfit/angle warping things. :p

Last edited:

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
In case you haven't gotten into Shantae yet, there is a Director's Cut version of Risky's Revenge coming out on Wii U.

Dunno if it's news but it's news to me.

Also there's a new mode in it where you wear a skimpier costume and your defense gets cut in half as a result, but you can also use more magic.

Here breasts may or may not look slightly bigger in that outfit too, but that could just be the outfit/angle warping things. :p

So basically MMORPG armor logic in reverse?

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Risky's Revenge is pretty mediocre tbh, unless you can get it for really cheap or you're into the series/want to get into it it's not worth it.

Why is it coming to Wii U now? It's been on Steam for years (since like 2010? I have no source on this).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom