• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
D

Deleted member

What did I miss? Besides NX talk, of course.

Also:

Since people are making mods for Smash 4 already, that means we are step by step closer to get character mods.

Now, there will most likely be the usual character mods like Geno, K.Rool, Waluigi, the cut veterans like Wolf and Snake and others, but then there's stuff like...........this:

......and i can only fear of what the possibilites could be with this Smash game when it comes to modding.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Since people are making mods for Smash 4 already, that means we are step by step closer to get character mods.

Now, there will most likely be the usual character mods like Geno, K.Rool, Waluigi, the cut veterans like Wolf and Snake and others, but then there's stuff like...........this:

......and i can only fear of what the possibilites could be with this Smash game when it comes to modding.
I love mods like these because they are hilarious. I can't wait till this is a thing again:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
It's like all of the Sonic hate gravitated towards Bayonetta.

It's hilarious.
sonic salt hasn't really been a thing for a while

it's mostly been like... cloud and zero suit/sheik, with a dabble of calling dabuz the f word or something for playing rosalina

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Handed in my Math 130 Assignment. I think it's likely I need a tutor so I can get a better understanding of stuff like functions, domains, range...

As for the supposed controller - I am currently neutral until the final design is officially announced by Nintendo in a Direct or at E3. Later, as I go to my next lecture.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I saw someone post an idea for an NX name on a video, the Nintendo Xylophone.
It was meant as a joke, but I unironically like the name.

Ivander

Smash Legend
If there is a god, then I'm hated by god. Literally every time I try getting more sleep as only 6-7 hours is unhealthy, I end up getting less. I woke up after 4 ****ing hours
Trust me. You aren't the only one who has sleep issues. Everytime I go to bed early, I end up waking up very shortly. When I go to bed late, I sleep through the day.
But really, it's not too much of a surprise if we are used to going to sleep very late or early in the morning, considering our body's sleep habit is out of wack for sleeping at such times and getting used to waking up in short hours after sleeping late and getting only a few hours of sleep. Going to sleep and waking at the right time isn't going to go too well if we are just starting, but if we can get the habit of sleeping and waking up at the right times and get our bodies used to it, it's going to work with it eventually.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Handed in my Math 130 Assignment. I think it's likely I need a tutor so I can get a better understanding of stuff like functions, domains, range...
Brings back bad memories from my senior years of high school lol. Always hated that shiz.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I really need the info on how to get vertex mods into Smash Wii U before I can do anything more on this, but I'll share it anyway.

After seeing more and more of the final boss in XCX I keep asking myself what the actual **** Monolith was thinking. Jesus christ this is just bad on soooo many levels
There are a LOT of questionable decisions in XCX.

Real shame because it has so much potential as a game. :/

Hopefully his being their crash course in HD just means their next game will be spectaular :D

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
After seeing more and more of the final boss in XCX I keep asking myself what the actual **** Monolith was thinking. Jesus christ this is just bad on soooo many levels
From what I understand, it's pretty neat.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
There are a LOT of questionable decisions in XCX.

Real shame because it has so much potential as a game. :/

Hopefully his being their crash course in HD just means their next game will be spectaular :D
Thinking about it, a lot of XCX's problems would already be solved with the original funny enough. Explain **** better, don't force mechanics which don't get explained, make the story more linear as having a dramatic reveal only to have to survey 20% of Noctilum on your first visit RUINS the pacing, and much, much more...I do like how affinity missions, as more character development is always good. And it wouldn't hurt to actually tell us where we can get items required for sidequests too

Burruni

Smash Hero
Honestly.
The final boss has plenty of issues.
What irritated me most.
Is the chapter 11 boss.
Because of it being able to just switch between being entirely immune to ranged or physical damage on the drop of a hat and the game's only HINT that this is what is going on is that in TINY text when you're fighting something in skells the size of a small home "range mode" and "melee mode" near the boss.

Edit: I'd like to note that this tiny text appears around the boss's waist while you're in the middle of shuffling through trying to positioning and general management of the hud that any xenoblade boss gives you.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
From what I understand, it's pretty neat.
Phase 1. Strong as **** enemy who goes down after half their HP
Phase 2: same fight, but 7 extra bosses appear who take next to no damage from Skells who hurt you, buff the strong as **** enemy, heal the strong as **** enemy and make them invincible
Phase 3: Fight 10 level 48 enemies. The level cap is ****ing 60

Phase 4: Same as Phase 1, but even stronger and can REMOVE ALL FUEL FOR YOUR SKELL
Phase 5: Even stronger, uses the fuel depletion more often and can outright destroy your skell.
Keep in mind if you lose a Skell at this point, you're not getting it until you either win, or reset
EDIT: PHASE 5 SUMMONS LEVEL 50 ENEMIES I AM SO ****ING DONE WITH THIS AND I'M NOT EVEN FIGHTING IT.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Perhaps it's the Metroid fan in me, but I enjoyed the less linear approach to the story...almost like it wasn't forced on the player at all...especially since at times you were required to complete certain sidequests before progressing forward...I very much enjoyed exploring the areas, sometimes just wandering around for hours after discovering a new region...and I just planted the probes as I went, which gets easier once you get your Flight module...

I've only barely dabbled in Xenoblade 3D so far...I'm pretty much still in the beginning so I still can't really explain how things were handled differently, save for all the tutorials at the beginning telling you how to play...but I managed to figure that out pretty quicly in X anyways (and it reeeeeeally helps to read the Manual as well)

The only thing that really bothered me about the Final Boss was how it jsut plain forced you to fight on foot, by drainging your fuel...It all comes down to your preparation really...Were your Skells at their highest levels? Did they have strong weaponry? Did you equip good Augments? Are your levels up to snuff? Is your squad's level up to snuff? Did Celica still not figure out what the power-up button was? If your having troubles then you might want to do a bit of grinding and you might need to do a bit of money spending...
Might I ask what levels your characters are at Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen ?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Perhaps it's the Metroid fan in me, but I enjoyed the less linear approach to the story...almost like it wasn't forced on the player at all...especially since at times you were required to complete certain sidequests before progressing forward...I very much enjoyed exploring the areas, sometimes just wandering around for hours after discovering a new region...and I just planted the probes as I went, which gets easier once you get your Flight module...

I've only barely dabbled in Xenoblade 3D so far...I'm pretty much still in the beginning so I still can't really explain how things were handled differently, save for all the tutorials at the beginning telling you how to play...but I managed to figure that out pretty quicly in X anyways (and it reeeeeeally helps to read the Manual as well)

The only thing that really bothered me about the Final Boss was how it jsut plain forced you to fight on foot, by drainging your fuel...It all comes down to your preparation really...Were your Skells at their highest levels? Did they have strong weaponry? Did you equip good Augments? Are your levels up to snuff? Is your squad's level up to snuff? Did Celica still not figure out what the power-up button was? If your having troubles then you might want to do a bit of grinding and you might need to do a bit of money spending...
Might I ask what levels your characters are at Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen ?
I grinded to level 60, the cap. I still got my ass whooped. Chapter 11's boss still went down despite me not even knowing it made itself immune to certain attacks. Chapter 10's boss was ****ing awesome though, highlight of the game for me
When I say 'Linear' I mean 'Don't make it so the most tedious **** has to be done to even unlock the next story mission'. If that was removed, the pacing being killed wouldn't be the game's fault
AND **** YOU MONOLITH. AFTER THE FINAL BOSS IS KILLED A MAJOR PLOT TWIST IS REVEALED. THIS WAS IN THE ****ING COLLECTOR'S EDITION ARTBOOK!

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
I grinded to level 60, the cap. I still got my *** whooped. Chapter 11's boss still went down despite me not even knowing it made itself immune to certain attacks. Chapter 10's boss was ****ing awesome though, highlight of the game for me
When I say 'Linear' I mean 'Don't make it so the most tedious **** has to be done to even unlock the next story mission'. If that was removed, the pacing being killed wouldn't be the game's fault
AND **** YOU MONOLITH. AFTER THE FINAL BOSS IS KILLED A MAJOR PLOT TWIST IS REVEALED. THIS WAS IN THE ****ING COLLECTOR'S EDITION ARTBOOK!
no spoilers pls. and thank goodness i didnt look in the artbook yet.

Honestly.
The final boss has plenty of issues.
What irritated me most.
Is the chapter 11 boss.
Because of it being able to just switch between being entirely immune to ranged or physical damage on the drop of a hat and the game's only HINT that this is what is going on is that in TINY text when you're fighting something in skells the size of a small home "range mode" and "melee mode" near the boss.

Edit: I'd like to note that this tiny text appears around the boss's waist while you're in the middle of shuffling through trying to positioning and general management of the hud that any xenoblade boss gives you.
Jade Empire prepared me for this very moment!

The fact that this fight can have raining fire is still total BS though.

XCX def had an issue with communicating with the player for fights. Nearly every prompt was extremely tiny and some were straight up eaten by larger enemies. The fact that some bosses have parts where they talk in text, which can be offscreen/invisible very easily is downright annoying.

I get the game doesn't have Monado Shield/agility anymore for you to react to, but it would be at least be able to know what just hit you more often :/
It would be easier if they didn't remove aggro indicators.

no spoilers pls. and thank goodness i didnt look in the artbook yet.
Gotta love endings that hook a sequel. Too bad this one makes XCX's plot make even less sense AND puts a few parts of the game downright illogical.
It's late and I could rant about how XCX missed being perfection like it could be so i'm off. See ya'll.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Cliffhangers are supposed to be the Camelot special tho.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
ok... i'm leaving for the time being. too many potential spoilers. need to beat xeno x soon.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I grinded to level 60, the cap. I still got my *** whooped. Chapter 11's boss still went down despite me not even knowing it made itself immune to certain attacks. Chapter 10's boss was ****ing awesome though, highlight of the game for me
All the way to 60 and you're still having issues...

Some Skells and weaponry were better than others though, for example the Verus Skells come with the G-Buster which deals MASSIVE amounts of damage...it has a lot of cool-down (obviously) but it definitely made things a lot easier...and of course taking advantage of your Overdrive...Lin's Trash Talk can actually be pretty helpful once you have to go on foot as it takes the focus off of you while fighting the bosses...

With all that said though...I didn't love the game for it's story or the bosses (seriously **** the Chapter 9 and 10 bosses)...however it was a bit of a breath of fresh to actually have some challenging (perhaps too much so) boss fights as opposed to the pathetically easy bosses we get in games nowadays...and sure it's a bit of a pain pretty much not knowing what to do at first, but after a bit of digging I got the hang of everything (it was funny because it took me until like Chapter 8 to know what TP does...lol)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
All the way to 60 and you're still having issues...

Some Skells and weaponry were better than others though, for example the Verus Skells come with the G-Buster which deals MASSIVE amounts of damage...it has a lot of cool-down (obviously) but it definitely made things a lot easier...and of course taking advantage of your Overdrive...Lin's Trash Talk can actually be pretty helpful once you have to go on foot as it takes the focus off of you while fighting the bosses...

With all that said though...I didn't love the game for it's story or the bosses (seriously **** the Chapter 9 and 10 bosses)...however it was a bit of a breath of fresh to actually have some challenging (perhaps too much so) boss fights as opposed to the pathetically easy bosses we get in games nowadays...and sure it's a bit of a pain pretty much not knowing what to do at first, but after a bit of digging I got the hang of everything (it was funny because it took me until like Chapter 8 to know what TP does...lol)
Here's the thing. I had the strongest Skells and we all had Gbusters. Only good thing in the whole chapter are super spoilery artbook thing looking pretty damn cool and the final boss's design and theme. Seriously, listen to 'The Key We've Lost' if you haven't already

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
idk man, Tennis games aren't known for good endings. And GS2 was a good conclusion
DD doesn't exist I guess in the minds of many lol. TLA would have been a much MUCH better ending if they weren't going to make consistent installments of Golden Sun and seeing as that DD didn't even bother to address things from the end of TLA like the conflict between Isaac and Alex and how Alchemy was received upon it's re-introduction in Weyard. The fact that they made a cliffhanger ending with no intentions of a 4th game is just mind boggling.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
DD doesn't exist I guess in the minds of many lol. TLA would have been a much MUCH better ending if they weren't going to make consistent installments of Golden Sun and seeing as that DD didn't even bother to address things from the end of TLA like the conflict between Isaac and Alex and how Alchemy was received upon it's re-introduction in Weyard. The fact that they made a cliffhanger ending with no intentions of a 4th game is just mind boggling.
I know DD exists. It's just that GS2 had no cliffhangers by having a satisfying, conclusive fight

CrimsonVallier

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KipVallier
3DS FC
3866-8291-8606
so excited for tomorrow I finally get to play Earthbound!
I hope it's as good as people say it is.
Also is there anything different for the virtual console version?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom