• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
6 days until I can have Maximilian fight Arbiter.
Oh and the tease they'll probably have in the launch trailer.
When's Gargos already?
We already know of a leak on two characters. So maybe one of them will be shown off on launch. And I agree that the wait for Gargos (and Eyedol) to complete the retro cast is weird.

But I am a little upset I can't download/obtain the Shadow Jago character due to the distribution ended...

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
To be fair, this is the same company who called a new 3DS "New 3DS", so anything is possible.

So our good friend/enemy/whatever you want to call him Tama is claiming the controller leak is fake.

Take this how you will.
At this point we can only hope Tama. We can only hope...

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
So our good friend/enemy/whatever you want to call him Tama is claiming the controller leak is fake.

Take this how you will.
Tamaki jumps on any rumor these days it's kind of annoying. It's like he has to be involved in everything.

His buddy at NoE also was certain Shovel Knight was going to be a playable character in Smash. That shows how "in the know" his buddy is.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Tamaki jumps on any rumor these days it's kind of annoying. It's like he has to be involved in everything.

His buddy at NoE also was certain Shovel Knight was going to be a playable character in Smash. That shows how "in the know" his buddy is.
And so does GameXplain, and Etika, and quite a few guys now that I think about it.

It's like a little reunion every time some leak comes up.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
More like it's bad enough to be true.

Using the Wii brand was one of the main things that sealed the Wii U's early death bed.
Which is exactly what I meant.
The cross is decent, wii is just bad to attach to it.

Take this how you will.
I'm still 50/50 but at the same time, his sources have fallen flat lately, and if they do work at NOE, then they could try to be doing damage control by using a popular leaker to control the fire.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Otherwise reliable sources can sometimes be incorrect. Like Nikkei.

No need to go condemning them like they've never done anything worth acknowledging, over one mistake.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Am I the only person that actually didn't have any problems with the final boss in XCX?

I mean in Chapter 9 and 10 I was starting to lose my sanity but after that I didn't have too many issues with the game's story...

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

Are we sure it's the same 'buddy' though? And even if it is, that doesn't make him wrong in this particular case as Tama has gotten other things right through his other sources (including the recent direct rumor).

I'm not saying that he's right and this is a load of crap, but I do feel that taking a strict stance on this is not a good idea.

D

Deleted member

This doesn't even sound as dumb as how they're only doing this now

5 phases. Phase 2 has 7 bosses who take 1 damage in Skells. Remember, 2500 HP is normal for weak enemies. The 7 bosses can make the target invincible, can buff it and heal it. Lose a Skell, it's not coming back
I taste the salt coming from you
I said it once and I'll say it again: git gud

Take this how you will.
Oh ****, the leak is real. Everybody panic!

Am I the only person that actually didn't have any problems with the final boss in XCX?

I mean in Chapter 9 and 10 I was starting to lose my sanity but after that I didn't have too many issues with the game's story...
The final boss was one of the chapters I had the least problem with.

I actually forced my team out of their skells because we were killing it too fast

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I taste the salt coming from you
I said it once and I'll say it again: git gud

Oh ****, the leak is real. Everybody panic!
You mean we weren't panicking already? :troll:
Are we sure it's the same 'buddy' though? And even if it is, that doesn't make him wrong in this particular case as Tama has gotten other things right through his other sources (including the recent direct rumor).

I'm not saying that he's right and this is a load of crap, but I do feel that taking a strict stance on this is not a good idea.
I agree that taking a strict stance is not a good idea. Even if the initial leaks are real, that doesn't make every associated leak or horrified assumption correct, either. But once people go into panic mode, they automatically start assuming every worst case scenario is true.

The NX leak does look pretty convincing, but I'll let this guy make his case as well.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045

I had problems with the last two phases of the final boss, I hate the last two phases of that boss. I was only able to beat him because H.B. use trash talk and taunted all the enemies and i was able to overdrive him to hell. The other phases was easy to me.

D

Deleted member

You know, i completely forgot that the name NX is acutally just a Codename, rather than the "official" name of the console.

Last edited by a moderator:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Guys, I have a question. Should I keep trying to beat XCX's final boss despite it being annoying as ****, or should I just simply look it up on YT. There's nothing else I can do at this point
Just look it up. That boss is an annoynace more than a challenge.

You know, i completely forgot that the name NX is acutally just a Codename, rather than the "official" name of the console.
Just things like....
Project Dolphin - GC
Nintendo Revolution - Wii

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'll reserve final judgment until I actually have one in my hands, but that controller just doesn't look fun to use.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
What did I miss? Besides NX talk, of course.

Also:

I really wish it was possible to join in too, but apparently things are still a bit out of reach for those who are on 5.5+...... :/

I think I should probably just go ahead and model some more characters and stages......

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Did GoNintendo really need to share an article that Nintendo isn't commenting on the NX controller rumor?

They should know by now that Nintendo NEVER comments on rumors or leaks regardless if it's real or not.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I feel like I'm playing jeporady right now....

Two more pics of parts of the starters I posted earlier have shown up and 4chan is trying to peace them together.

The emu is pretty cool though:

No one has an accurate placement of the grass one's eye yet, so that's placeholder.

Don't understand why malmar is here, but it looks intriguing....

Whiz

Smash Rookie
Knowing Nintendo's brand naming these days, NX will probably be the real name after all. :/

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I really wish it was possible to join in too, but apparently things are still a bit out of reach for those who are on 5.5+...... :/

I think I should probably just go ahead and model some more characters and stages......
Second that.

I at least want to see how the game's files are organised, and what my restrictions are regarding things like animated textures and vertex mods.

I put my Cosmic Spirit mod on hiatus because I was having trouble with getting the texture to animate and wrap around everything properly. But I actually don't know if animated textures are something that need to be done in Blender or if it's like, a script in the game.

Right now I'm just working on a vertex mod instead since it's a bit easier than trying to animate that texture.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
After all this time I finally found where you listen to the soundtracks you buy off steam. Please tell me they only added that recently.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Second that.

I at least want to see how the game's files are organised, and what my restrictions are regarding things like animated textures and vertex mods.

I put my Cosmic Spirit mod on hiatus because I was having trouble with getting the texture to animate and wrap around everything properly. But I actually don't know if animated textures are something that need to be done in Blender or if it's like, a script in the game.

Right now I'm just working on a vertex mod instead since it's a bit easier than trying to animate that texture.
Same here. Currently I'm just trying to make some custom models for a few characters. I'm not sure if we have reached a stage yet where that's possible but it seems like they are currently working on being able to import character models and stages into the game.

But overall, I would appreciate it if it was possible to actually be able to try the mods out for myself and see what's currently possible and what's not. But apparently the dev's are still waiting for Nintendo to release a new system update that patches their current exploit so that might take a while....

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Knowing Nintendo's brand naming these days, NX will probably be the real name after all. :/
Yeah, pretty much. They save up the trouble of having to remind people that *Insert "official" name of the NX here* is the NX, just under a different title.

After all, the Nintendo DS was originally just a codename, but they later decided to stick to it.

Ok this should definitely be in the next sonic game:
If Dr. Eggman ever gets into Smash as a playable character, we need this as the song that plays during the trailer.

This song is basically the reason i call Dr. Eggman "Dr. Eggman" rather than Dr. Robotnik. I mean i think Robotnik sounds cooler, but this song......my god, i love it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I'm cool with no physical buttons if Nintendo end ups having this sort of solution:

Which actually looks like it might be a thing according to this patent:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
"ban this month old character1!!!!!!!!"

Yea I think I'm done with this game for a... good while.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom