• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So basically MMORPG armor logic in reverse?
Oh, so THAT'S where Xenoblade got the idea from.

I mean it makes sense since Xenoblade is kinda like a single-player MMORPG, with it's battle system and all. :p

Last edited:

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
Oh, so THAT'S where Xenoblade got the idea from.

I mean it makes sense since Xenoblade is kinda like a single-player MMORPG, with it's battle system and all. :p
Oh, Xenoblade is EXACTLY what a single player MMORPG would be like.

But then you realize Xenoblade has MMO like online content. Like Dragon Ball Xenoverse, another single player (mostly) MMO like game that starts with Xeno.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Risky's Revenge is pretty mediocre tbh, unless you can get it for really cheap or you're into the series/want to get into it it's not worth it.

Why is it coming to Wii U now? It's been on Steam for years (since like 2010? I have no source on this).
Because for whatever reason they didn't port the DSi/3DS version of it to WiiU.
Must've seemed redundant to port the same game onto the less successful home console when it's something very pixel-based and thus has no room to really look "Better" on the big screen.

Edit: Release dates

Nintendo DSi
  • NA October 4, 2010
  • EU February 11, 2011
iOS
  • WW October 27, 2011[1]
Microsoft Windows
PlayStation 4
  • NA June 23, 2015
  • PAL December 8, 2015
Wii U
  • WW March 24, 2016

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Risky's Revenge is a good game, just a little too short (if I remember correctly the game was meant to be episodic, but budget reasons made them cut the game short). Pirate's Curse is the best Shantae game, and I really like the original GBC game, even if it's a bit archaic.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I've played Risky's Revenge sometime ago back when I still had the Nintendo DSI. I don't remember much of it but it was a bit on the short side yeah. But then again, so was Pirate's Curse. It was fun while it lasted though.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Just picked up Bayonetta 1/2 for the Wii U. It's pretty fun, and it's great to see what moves were inspired from the game. The dialogue is pretty good, and the gameplay is solid.

D

Deleted member

You know, i just remembered that one episode of Ed, Edd & Eddy in which the Eds had to take care of the Rolf's animals, and then the Bunnies started multipliying all of the sudden, taking over the Cul-De-Sac.

I never understood why that happened until years later........

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Oh.

I thought she wanted payment in my blood.

That was rather rude of me, I should apologize.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So, today I turned 30

But more interestingly, when writing my story I noticed my main character doesn't really have a personality of his own. He kind of reacts to the other two main characters who are filled with much more personality. They are kind of like his conscience guiding him. I'm not really sure how good/ bad that is. Maybe since they are fables it could work out?

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
So here are my initial thoughts on Wibble Wobble.

Damn, it is a seriously good puzzle game. It might just be me not playing much mobile games, but I love how almost every mechanic in the YO-KAI WATCH 3DS game is integrated in Wibble Wobble. Targeting, Soultimates, and Items are kept, not sure about Purifying though. You will get used to its Wib Wob puzzle mechanics very quickly and is fun! I personally find the 3DS mechanics to be better, but the puzzle matching works just as well. I don't find much of serious problem with the game thus far. Given that it is free though, you'll be forced to take breaks if play for too long, but its not a big deal to me.

I seriously recommend this to anyone wanting to join in the YO-KAI WATCH hype. It's all free.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I know this is waaay late and might be shrugged off as my Tama hateboner but can we stop pretending he's a credible source? From the past 2,3 years, the only thing I've seen him get right was Shovel Knight's amiibo, and the rest of that leak was false. I remember him saying the amiibo design wasn't final, that SK would be in Smash because of the amiibo, something about Fallout 4 Pip Boy Edition for PS4 iirc, Nintendo of America cancelling Devil's Third and Star Fox Zero getting another delay. Can we PLEASE stop pretending he's got good sources after all that?

D

Deleted member

So, today I turned 30

But more interestingly, when writing my story I noticed my main character doesn't really have a personality of his own. He kind of reacts to the other two main characters who are filled with much more personality. They are kind of like his conscience guiding him. I'm not really sure how good/ bad that is. Maybe since they are fables it could work out?
Happy birthday then

That's something that can be noticed in many stories, the protagonist is just there to move the plot and they're usually kinda bland so the audience can relate to them easily
Depending on how you want to write the story, it can work, as some character archetypes wouldn't work as protagonists if you want the story to develop in a specific way

Most RPG protagonists, when not completely silent, are usually heroic so they can go save the world and whatnot
A character that isn't like that constantly needs something pushing them towards the plot to work, while not something bad, shifts towards another kind of story

It really depends on what kind of story you want to tell and how you use it
A plot-moving protagonist can either help people relate to them or can feel really boring
A protagonist that is more trope-free can be a bit of fresh air but can be hard to write in a certain story

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So Ash greninja is indeed a mega or synergy stones are canon now:

Ash has a wristband or bracelet on his left arm, and greninja has a stone of some kind on it's left arm.

Interesting...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Ash has a wristband or bracelet on his left arm, and greninja has a stone of some kind on it's left arm.

Interesting...
I have a better theory
Add this
"Nobody said Ash Ketchum was a skilled trainer, I lose the Pokemon league, more than I have to. Sometimes because of bull****. I've had idiot Gym Leaders deny me my badge. They never went back in the gyms after I taught them a lesson. If I encounter Team Rocket and they try stealing Pikachu, I make it my policy to make them blast off again. So I'll judge you myself!" *flips cap the other way* "POLKA DOT NINJA!" "GROAAAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA" "I'LL TEACH YOU A LESSON! WITH MY POKEMON!" "NINJAAAAAAA!"

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The Japanese site for Star Fox: Zero updated with a "complete" map of the game's stages (putting that in quotes because it LOOKS complete, but there could be secrets).

I really hope there is more though. Although the missions are supposed to be longer this time around, this still looks like you only get 7 or 8 missions per run. I don't see a single run being more than 2 hours for the average player.

Last edited:

Chrono.

New KOF trailer dropped, showing off 2 new characters and a returning one.

More importantly, leaks confirmed (again).

D

Deleted member

I had to babysitting Charlotte up until Chapter 19, when she finally promoted, because she is actually made of paper and is probably blind
But now she has 27 Str, and only Effie beats that with 29, and she also has a 50 crit stat thanks to the Killer Axe and Gamble which boosts that to 60
Let's hope Lady Luck is on my side so she can hit those crits
Now to Mr. Fuuga's Wild Wind Ride

D

Deleted member

Damn this was a horrible morning.

I had to stay in home because of me sickness, and it only has gotten worse.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Interesting...
Gaaaaah I can see that band on Greninja's arm, but I can't see what's embedded into it! It's teasing me!

I will say that the idea of Ash Greninja is very odd to me, as it either means that Ash is going to be represented in some direct fashion in the games, or that whatever Ash Greninja is represents a more vague new mechanics concept that the anime is simply able to portray in this specific of a fashion because it doesn't have to worry about programming something for several trainers and several Pokemon.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

Interesting...
Ash is going to have that rematch with Alain in a few weeks, so maybe Alain gives the bands to both him and Greninja as a way to better control the transformation process.

I'm more looking forward to that "Greninja and Ash's bond weakens arc" that is hinted in the XY&Z opening (and it looks like it could happen soon with that upcoming rematch with Alain as it also looks Ash will battle Sawyer again in that same episode), as well as seeing how will the anime reveal Lysandre's misanthropic ideology (and of course, I'm also looking forward to that Sulfuric battle. The anime version of his gym looks a lot cooler than the one in the games IMO)

And Diantha finally appearing in the anime again after around 90 episodes is a good thing since it felt like the anime was going to completely forget about her until the Kalos League matches just like how she barely appeared in X and Y's story. Greninja vs Gardevoir will be interesting to see, that's for sure.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Mira (Vampire that got leaked) got teased in the Tusk trailer.
General RAAM pretty much confirmed for Killer Instinct then.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Don't tell me it's happening...
If this happens, I'm taking it as some kind of abstract sign that they're likely to come back next game. :roypm::mewtwopm::4feroy::4mewtwo::troll:

. . .Then again, it's a no-brainer that the Ice Climbers are going to be among the most requested even aside from standing coincidences.

Out of all the cut characters that haven't been added back as DLC, Ice Climbers are pretty much just beaten out by Snake and maaaayyybe the Trainer part of Pokemon Trainer in terms of the amount of fanwork attention they had while they were in. The Ice Climbers also got a pretty negative reaction to their cut to the point that people wanted the handheld version of Smash to die in a fire partially because of their removal, so at the very least they are seen as valuable to some degree.

Considering the stigma against Konami these days and the fact that not that many people actually seem all that cut up about the Trainer leaving since we still have Charizard, the Ice Climbers could easily become the next Roy.

If the next Nintendo handheld breaks into Gamecube-level capability (which seems possible seeing as the DS was sub-64 but still ran 64 games and the vanilla 3DS properly runs 64 titles), the next console fixes whatever made it so that the mirror couldn't be up on Wii Fit Studio during an eight-player match, and with a little faith and pixie dust on the online function, the IC could very well be added back next game. Granted, that still leaves the possibility of their being pushed to DLC, but it could happen.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Man, playing mah Wii U on my new 1080p TV is like

Also, can't wait for Waifu Hyrule Warriors Legends to come out tomorrow!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
New KOF trailer dropped, showing off 2 new characters and a returning one.

More importantly, leaks confirmed (again).

Looks like they toned down the Moe on Athena. Good, it was ridiculous how she went from looking 16-ish to 8 when the style went anime.

Burruni

Smash Hero
So.
I did a bit of digging.
There are 223 recruitable Yokai in Yokai Watch 1. With another 22 which are bosses. A total of 245, almost as much as the first two generations of Pokemon combined.
However.
Of the 223 recruitables, 93 are recolors or similar slight edits of previous yokai, and of the 22 bosses 9 fit this category.

That's 102/245 non-original yokai out of the first game's listing.

That.... that should say something.

Edit: I remember this point being brought up in previous discussions so I felt like it's something that should actually be given numbers.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Xenoblade X Chapter 4 spoilers
I liked Noctilum, has a nice BGM and I like how you can climb most of the tree roots/branches
And I found a mecha on a lake thinking it was wreckage
Nope, it's a Lv.60 Tyrant and I couldn't even run because I was swimming

Also, **** Goetia
Just **** her
Not in that way though

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So.
I did a bit of digging.
There are 223 recruitable Yokai in Yokai Watch 1. With another 22 which are bosses. A total of 245, almost as much as the first two generations of Pokemon combined.
However.
Of the 223 recruitables, 93 are recolors or similar slight edits of previous yokai, and of the 22 bosses 9 fit this category.

That's 102/245 non-original yokai out of the first game's listing.

That.... that should say something.

Edit: I remember this point being brought up in previous discussions so I felt like it's something that should actually be given numbers.
....That's still 152 completely original Yokai.

1 more than the original Pokémon line-up (I'm assuming that's what you are comparing since you mentioned Pokémon and it seems to be a trend).

I don't really see what this is supposed to prove in comparison to Pokémon.

Not to mention that Pokémon has the concept of evolutions, and many similar looking Pokémon as a result, even as early as Gen 1, so not all of the original 151 are even completely original to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom