• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So this is kind of funny.
(https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoNX..._a_aaa_dev_who_actually_works_with_a_real_nx/)
There's one guy who is claiming that he's an actual dev working with the console and is doing an AMA lol. It's already got 300 comments xD.
Oops missed this post.

NeoGAF is making it sound like this guy is full of **** and they know more about this stuff than I do (notice how many times i've been linking them recently? :p). DDR5 apparently isn't a real thing so bogus if it wasn't already apparent.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Alright, question:

How much design change does a console typically go through between copyright and release, if any?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The NX leaker is probably full of it, but Q and A's are always funny, so it's worth reading.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So the fake leaker currently being discussed drew a picture of the remote?

. . .I rather doubt it. The copyright specifically mentions and demonstrates an elliptical shape and specifically points out the handles of the remote on the diagram. I don't know how far they're going to stray from the original design, but it's probably not quite this far.

Then again, it was already determined fake in the first place, I just felt like comparing it to the copyright diagram.

*EDIT* Also I feel like I should mention that I really like the idea of the remote having handles and that I'm pretty happy that the info I'm looking at seems to indicate their presence.

#HandleHype

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I've been playing Sleeping Dogs which I bought on sale yesterday so what I missed?

Gonna be here all weekend that's to Easter giving me some time off.

Starting to download Wibble Wobble.

If this sucks i'm blaming Blue Pikmin and burning a Jibanyan toy

Yes I can see the irony in burning a fire creature

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Starting to download Wibble Wobble.

If this sucks i'm blaming Blue Pikmin and burning a Jibanyan toy

Yes I can see the irony in burning a fire creature
You also supported the further production of Yo-Kai Watch games and materials by buying that toy, regardless of your intentions for it. :awesome:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I just slept 12 hours on a work day. Praise the sun!
Who said I bought it?
What makes this better is how the watermark shows you didn't buy this from Shutterstock too
Looks like HAL's not kidding when they say they want to try a 3D Kirby, looks solid for a prototype 3D level, and Masher from the anime is now canon. Looked like he'd give Kirby an ability based on how he didn't blow up immediately

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

What makes this better is how the watermark shows you didn't buy this from Shutterstock too
Looks like HAL's not kidding when they say they want to try a 3D Kirby, looks solid for a prototype 3D level, and Masher from the anime is now canon. Looked like he'd give Kirby an ability based on how he didn't blow up immediately
Is that a mobile game?

Or a new minigame?

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095

Reminds me of the mini-game from Kirby 64 where you try to drop the blocks from people's feet and let them fall to their demise.

I too would like to know more about this. A 3D Kirby like Air-Ride or just an open world Kirby platformer (would that even work?) would be fun to play.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Is that a mobile game?

Or a new minigame?
Minigame in Robobot
Reminds me of the mini-game from Kirby 64 where you try to drop the blocks from people's feet and let them fall to their demise.

I too would like to know more about this. A 3D Kirby like Air-Ride or just an open world Kirby platformer (would that even work?) would be fun to play.
Considering this resembles an scrapped version of Kirby Wii, this might be their first style

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think watching these videos online is somewhat good for me, because I see these people being criticized for what I feel is absurd actions and major hypocrisy. They seem like spoiled brats.

But I also notice some similarities to how I used to be in the past and how I am now and realize there is stuff about myself I need to change. I need to grow up. I'm 30 now

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433

I hope that this was a test run for a full game.

Looks pretty good.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I'm at the very least expecting 'DX' versions of these two games like with Dedede's Drum Dash and Kirby Fighters.

The resemblance is definitely here too.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I hope that this was a test run for a full game.

Looks pretty good.
I really don't think they could make a full game out of that.

It's a mini game with a series of skill tests using the kirby engine.

Such as "Can you kill all these waddle dees with a single star spit"

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was reading a lot into identity politics and all that junk

How do multi racial people fit into it though?

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to identify as white or what. I could probably pass for white if no one knew

In questionnaires I always check the "multiracial" option

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I'm on chapter 4 of Fire Emblem Fates.
Is it even possible to keep every character alive in this chapter? Seriously, what the ****?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Does Zelda Wii U still excist or what?? This game hasn't even been mentoined for months now. What's up with that?

D

Deleted member

I'm on chapter 4 of Fire Emblem Fates.
Is it even possible to keep every character alive in this chapter? Seriously, what the ****?
Are you playing on Lunatic or what? All chapters until 6 are supposed to be tutorial levels
Also, the only character that can pernanently die in the first 6 chapters is your gendered servant, aka Jakob or Felicia

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I try to play Classic but not having any savestates REALLY bothers me. Like, I could be doing good in a map, but I have to prioritize coming back to it rather than playing another file otherwise the benchmark is deleted and I have to start from the beginning.

O well. I reset anytime my units die in Casual anyways so :^)

D

Deleted member

I try to play Classic but not having any savestates REALLY bothers me. Like, I could be doing good in a map, but I have to prioritize coming back to it rather than playing another file otherwise the benchmark is deleted and I have to start from the beginning.

O well. I reset anytime my units die in Casual anyways so :^)
I just don't play Casual for the Battle Saves because I'm pretty sure I'd end up letting someone "die" and keep going and that would feel like cheating imo
But having to redo an entire map because I forgot the boss has Countermagic is bull****
I'm a conflicted person

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
That 3D Kirby mini-game looks interesting but I hope it isn't what a full 3D Kirby game would be like.

Like it looks fine for a mini-game since they're just testing things out, but I would much prefer something akin to Super Mario 64 or Spyro the Dragon in terms of how the levels are designed if we get a full game (Kirby Air Ride kinda teases it with City Trial). I think having an open 3D environment, with rolling hills and dynamic geometry and all that, would be a much better showcase of Kirby in 3D then if they made a full game with static and blocky environments like this mini-game. Because right now, it just looks like the original Kirby game with an extra 4 directions to walk in. Adding copy abilities to that wouldn't make it much more interesting. If anything, I think it would make the already easy Kirby games, even easier, since at least 2D spaces can be more easily compact and crammed with intelligent obstacles for Kirby.

Just my two cents. I'm looking forward to the mini-game and I hope it has a decent amount of levels, but I hope it's just them showing off the vaguest idea of "3D Kirby", rather than "this is exactly the kind of gameplay and level design we would use for a 3D Kirby game".

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Well just got back from Batman vs Superman.
It's really... messy. It's got plenty of good points and plenty of bad points that it's just... OK I guess?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sonic Colors had one heck of an easter egg:

Seriously, this amazing. Such a shame that most player are not likely to hear while playing the stages.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom