• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Sonic Colors had one heck of an easter egg:

Seriously, this amazing. Such a shame that most player are not likely to ear while playing the stages.
Oh I heard plenty of those while playing.

Makes the levels even more fun.

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
In a parallel universe...

so other than us getting rused by another DeviantARTist, what's going on?

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Have you guys played Casltevania Order of Eclessia? The main character looks really cool so I want to know if it's good.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Well just got back from Batman vs Superman.
It's really... messy. It's got plenty of good points and plenty of bad points that it's just... OK I guess?
As expected. When was the last time DC had a good movie?

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
oh man i havent had power for the past 2 days what did i mis-....*sees nx leak that was proven fake*
guys come on this happened with omni....not the leak turning out to be fake the fact i lost power and thus missed a fake leaked that a lot of people belived that turned out to be fake

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Have you guys played Casltevania Order of Eclessia? The main character looks really cool so I want to know if it's good.
Ish a good game yeah. Honestly when it comes to the DS Castlevanias it's hard to really pick one over the other because they're all really consistently good. Portrait of Ruin in muh Bae though.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I really enjoyed it. Which is sad cause I can't find my copy for some reason. That being said, I'd put Order of Eclessia up there with Aria & Dawn of Sorrow as some of my Top Metrovanias.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Castlevania: Dawn of sorrow is my goddamn jam.

Hi again btw

D

Deleted member

Since we are on the topic of Castlevania, i want to ask a simple question:

Am i the ONLY one here who likes Harmony of Dissonance?

I honestly liked it WAY better than Circle of the Moon, though Aria of Sorrow is definetly the best GBA Metroidvania in my eyes.

D

Deleted member

As of this post, Dawn of Sorrow and Order of Eclessia are the only two Metroidvania-style Castlevania games I haven't played, but I do intend on getting around to playing them one day.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Final Smash:

It's basically a overpowered version of Luigi's FInal Smash in Brawl.
I imagine Scatman being a fully fledged DLC pack.

Super Smash Bros X Scatman's World

Fighter: Scatman
Stage: Scatman's World
Mii Costumes: The other people in the music video (Mii Brawlers)

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Played a bit of the Luigi's Mansion arcade game at Dave and Busters. It makes me hope to see some sort of Luigi's Mansion attraction at Universal Studios. It was a lot of fun, and very atmospheric.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Decided I'm going to watch the Brawl and Melee Smash reactions again right now.

Meta Knight and ZSS were just kind of met with silence, Pit was met with cheers, Wario with laughter, and Snake with kind of an amused "oh crud" response.

Cheering here seems to occur for Smash itself, that one spot where people debate whether they're cheering for Samus or Ridley, Sheik, Ness, and Smash itself again. The Yoshis cause a bout of laughter.

The spot where the Ice Climbers are revealed doesn't go completely without comment, though.

One person asks "Ice Climbers?," to which another seems to go "Yeah-ha!" in an excited and amused fashion. There's also one person that says "Kirby" when he shows up.

I don't know. . .I know we've all seen these before, it's just kind of interesting to go back through them and see the reactions to characters we now either miss or take for granted.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So, I assume I'm really really late to the party, but I didn't see you guys talk about this for the last few pages:

http://kotaku.com/a-strange-update-on-those-rumored-nx-controller-photos-1766962610

Did you guys already talk about the guy who took responsibility for the fake nx pics?
Yeah, we talked about the render, but I don't remember the 3D printer being discussed. Maybe it was on a page I wasn't on, but this is news to me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At any rate, I think I just found one of the first signs that Smash 4 speculation was going to go downhill the instant animesque characters came into the picture:

One of the people there seems unhappy with both "anime" and third party characters as a whole, although because Mega Man is both NES styled and "fits," he's tolerating him. He started backpedaling and saying he liked him after a moment, but you could just hear the disappointment in his voice when he first realized who was going to be revealed.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Well.
Yokai Watch Wibble Wobble is...
An incredibly interesting mobile game because it's a unique kind of take on the "match symbols and deal damage" kind of basis that you'd see with the Poyo Poyo formula even as far as the Puzzle & Dragon's Formula.
But I'm already feeling that YW Befriending Rate

Edit: However, the mixing of a fair amount of YW2 Yokai... honestly makes me feel like we may be seeing YW2 this year too.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO LIVID AT A GAME IN MY LIFE

SERIOUSLY THIS ALMOST GAVE ME A STROKE

I HAAAAAD THAT, THAT'S BULL****.....

*same level, different difficulty later*

.....AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH WHAT IS THIS GAME

D

Deleted member

Yeah, we talked about the render, but I don't remember the 3D printer being discussed. Maybe it was on a page I wasn't on, but this is news to me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At any rate, I think I just found one of the first signs that Smash 4 speculation was going to go downhill the instant animesque characters came into the picture:

One of the people there seems unhappy with both "anime" and third party characters as a whole, although because Mega Man is both NES styled and "fits," he's tolerating him. He started backpedaling and saying he liked him after a moment, but you could just hear the disappointment in his voice when he first realized who was going to be revealed.
HOW COULD ANYONE BE DISAPPOINTED WITH MEGA ****ING MAN????

Last edited by a moderator:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
HOW COULD ANYONE BE DISAPPOINTED WITH MEGA ****ING MAN????
There has always been and always will be that one specific little group in the fandom that just hates Mega Man with a burning passion, either because he's third party or because they just have some personal issue with him. They don't crop up very often, but when they do show up, you can just feel the salt radiating off of them.

At any rate, just watched another video and had some nostalgia out of the whole "Flame Blast is the Final Smash" misconception. That one was pretty common right up until the actual Final Smash was revealed.

D

Deleted member

There has always been and always will be that one specific little group in the fandom that just hates Mega Man with a burning passion, either because he's third party or because they just have some personal issue with him. They don't crop up very often, but when they do show up, you can just feel the salt radiating off of them.

At any rate, just watched another video and had some nostalgia out of the whole "Flame Blast is the Final Smash" misconception. That one was pretty common right up until the actual Final Smash was revealed.
Sakurai did a match with Mega Man vs. Mario on the same day, how could anyone think it was his FS?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
There has always been and always will be that one specific little group in the fandom that just hates Mega Man with a burning passion, either because he's third party or because they just have some personal issue with him.
Usually because he's a projectile "spamming" character.

And Smash Dude-Bros don't like any character that can't easily be played like a rushdown anime character or something.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Usually because he's a projectile "spamming" character.

And Smash Dude-Bros don't like any character that can't easily be played like a rushdown anime character or something.
No, I'm pretty sure this was before anyone played the game that I saw this, possibly even at one or two points before he was even announced during the speculation period itself. And the reasoning never had anything to do with gameplay when these guys mentioned it.

People who need to "git gud" are in a completely different category from these guys.

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

lolbitblock

We should remove Link, way too anime.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
No, I'm pretty sure this was before anyone played the game that I saw this, possibly even at one or two points before he was even announced during the speculation period itself. And the reasoning never had anything to do with gameplay when these guys mentioned it.

People who need to "git gud" are in a completely different category from these guys.
Bit Block just hates nice things and doesn't care for other people's likes or dislikes.

Or Nintendo's NDAs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom