• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It seems like that could also be the game's equivalent to sticker managing though.

Which would not be a good thing. I won't make big judgements about the intricacies of meters and such yet though, just speculating/playing devil's advocate.
I thought so too.

Then I saw only one bar goes down and they're all at different levels and that you pick up cards seperately.

I think they might have improved Sticker Star's formula.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Kirby needs to be a party member in the next Xenoblade.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
A few years ago or something I might have agreed but Rodea: The Sky Soldier proved to me that you can have a character that can fly at will, but still manage to integrate platforming challenges and combat, in 3D.

I imagine 3D Kirby just being a slower paced Rodea in terms of flight but with more focus on the action game aspects. I mean I feel like his copy abilities transfer over perfectly in a lot of cases. You just have to make them their hit boxes have a radius on the Z-Axis and they would work fine, maybe make his sword and stuff a little bigger too.
I can actually kinda picture that, yeah. I think it's more of my Air Ride stigma talking, and the fact that it's something riskily different (even by Kirby standards) makes it weird to process. I don't think it's something impossible to achive, just extrodinarily hard for me to picture.

It's sort of like when people really want a certain character in Smash/a character is rumored... Sometimes I look at a character and go "I can't even begin to imagine how they'd be interesting/unique in a game like Smash."

Then again, I've been proven wrong before. :4ryu:

A legit Kirby RPG would be amazing too. You'd have helpers/main characters as party members with different classes, while Kirby acts as a Freelancer/Jack of all Trades.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Actually, I think we may have a complex battle system again.

Look at the bars.

You're going to have to manage how to use them and I assume the different bars mean different things.

This mechanic may save the game.
I don't know if it's in battle though. we only see it out of battle, unless I'm missing something.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I don't know if it's in battle though. we only see it out of battle, unless I'm missing something.
Nope. It's in.

Watch again. He uses the paint to paint the cards.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Nah, we see one of the bars depleting when Mayro uses the hammer card. We also don't know if the cards disappear after you use them, there is still hope.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Because one pf my best friends got TPHD and we found out that the Wolf Link amiibo is NOT included for free, I wanted to know what the general opinion is about amiibo
http://strawpoll.me/6993730
Personally, it depends how it's done. Smash and Kirby do it right, it's stuff you can do without. But I don't like how TPHD does it. An entire DUNGEON locked behind a paywall? On disk? I don't like that

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
"Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Monado of Pop Star"

I can actually kinda picture that, yeah. I think it's more of my Air Ride stigma talking, and the fact that it's something riskily different (even by Kirby standards) makes it weird to process. I don't think it's something impossible to achive, just extrodinarily hard for me to picture.

It's sort of like when people really want a certain character in Smash/a character is rumored... Sometimes I look at a character and go "I can't even begin to imagine how they'd be interesting/unique in a game like Smash."

Then again, I've been proven wrong before. :4ryu:

A legit Kirby RPG would be amazing too. You'd have helpers/main characters as party members with different classes, while Kirby acts as a Freelancer/Jack of all Trades.
While I like Kirby Air Ride and wouldn't mind a sequel to it, that is a spin-off as far as I'm concerned.

When I say "3D Kirby", I literally mean the Kirby equivalent to Super Mario 64 or something. Just a platform adventure game that does it's best to convert the core Kirby staples into a fully 3D environment, and adding a few new things where necessary.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Because one pf my best friends got TPHD and we found out that the Wolf Link amiibo is NOT included for free, I wanted to know what the general opinion is about amiibo
Personally, it depends how it's done. Smash and Kirby do it right, it's stuff you can do without. But I don't like how TPHD does it. An entire DUNGEON locked behind a paywall? On disk? I don't like that
I'd like it if amiibos would unlock something instead of paying at least 15 euros for a few costumes.
I haven't bought any amiibo yet and I don't have any game yet where it might be worth it.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Nintendo should seriously consider a Meta Knight stand alone game. Just make it a hard version of Kirby - and less cutesy. The Sword moveset in Triple Deluxe is super fun, and you can easily add different sword or whatever.

I'd buy it.

Hire me Nintendo.
They've done this for a couple of Kirby games already. Nightmare in Dreamland, Squeak Squad, and Super Star Ultra all had stand alone Metaknight modes.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Nope. It's in.

Watch again. He uses the paint to paint the cards.
Nah, we see one of the bars depleting when Mayro uses the hammer card. We also don't know if the cards disappear after you use them, there is still hope.
I see it now! That could work.

My problems with sticker star were two things:

1) I literally can't remember the story of the game

2) The stickers were neat but they got rid of the system, If they balanced the stickers with the main moves of PM, it would have been much better imo

So if this follows my ideology of 2, then it could work be better. I still hope for a good story though.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
It's a case by case basis.

Stuff like Smash, the MK8 and SMM Outfits, game boosts/powers, costumes and such are perfectly fine.

Stuff like Codename STEAM, FE Fates, Amiibo Festival, Basically entire playable characters/completely new content locked in them is bothersome.

I don't feel Wolf Link is TOO offensive since the "Dungeon" is nothing but an enemy gauntlet in a game that ALREADY has an enemy gauntlet. The one meh thing is holding back the biggest wallet, but even then it's not like you need that big of one in Zelda.

"Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Monado of Pop Star"

While I like Kirby Air Ride and wouldn't mind a sequel to it, that is a spin-off as far as I'm concerned.

When I say "3D Kirby", I literally mean the Kirby equivalent to Super Mario 64 or something. Just a platform adventure game that does it's best to convert the core Kirby staples into a fully 3D environment, and adding a few new things where necessary.
Oh yeah I know that's what you mean, I'm only talking how much I goofed around on foot in City Trial may kinda be my primary reasoning. I totally get that's purely a "Me" thing though.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Can I say that Airman's theme remix in Smash 4 is amazing.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866

Actually, I think we may have a complex battle system again.

Look at the bars.

You're going to have to manage how to use them and I assume the different bars mean different things.

This mechanic may save the game.
I feel like IS is trying to build off of what Sticker Star did and try to actually make it work. Which is nice considering I thought the idea with stickers was a nice concept on Paper.

Something I'm hoping for is if the cards could work similar to KH: Chain of Memories or Megaman Battle Network. You can create a deck of cards for battles and can select which one you want to use in battle. Certian cards will be effective against certian enemies, so you can defeat enemies easier. This actually creates some strategy for the game.

This is why I want to see how the combat will work. If this is actually fleshed out and actually works, then I'll be glad to see what they can do.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
On the topic of amiibo, I will just copy-paste a post I made fairly recently on r/amiibo.

I'm just sick of amiibo being soulless, arbitrary unlock keys and nothing else.

I mean it was fine at first since they were just throwing some extra costumes into popular games that didn't have a more substantial use for them, like Mario Kart. That's fine, and still feels like you can customise your experience, by only getting figures for the characters you like and getting costumes of them.

But now they are unlocking modes, world locations, etc, often having little association with the amiibo character.

What happened to the concept of having an amiibo character you can bring across multiple games and have adventures with?

Smash Bros and Shovel Knight's "Custom Knight" are basically the best examples of amiibo use to this day. The character grows and gets stronger and you can take the character to your friend's house. The customisation means you can really make them feel like your own, personal version of the character. It also feels like you aren't arbitrarily unlocking stuff, more like growing a character naturally. Mario Tennis also had this (shame the game is so lacking in content in every other area).

I also thought Mario Party 10 used them fairly well. It was a bit shallow but it did have the basic idea of being able to save data to a character.

Also the new Mini Mario game is fine since the game is free and the entire progression system of the game is built around what amiibo characters you have. Kind of feels like the amiibo are working together to get through the game levels.

But I'm still waiting for another game where I can use all of my Smash amiibo and more, in a more substantial experience. They really just need a simple action game or RPG that revolves around amiibo. I mean, it's the only way a lot of more obscure characters like R.O.B will be given a substantial use. Mario characters and what not will always get some kind of use, but if you are a fan of the characters without an ongoing franchise, then you are out of luck with their amiibo.
And for the record, other than the functionality of the Smash Kirby amiibo (it's a fitting little bonus), I don't really find how the new Kirby game uses them that cool. I think at the least, scanning a Mario amiibo for example, should get you a Mario hat ALONGSIDE the Fire Kirby ability. Kinda like how the Dedede/Meta Knight/Waddle Dee ones are.

My main problem though is that this Kirby game doesn't seem to have "read/write" functionality, just "read". The former needs to be utilised more.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Mario decided to copy off of Kirby.
But the true copycat wouldn't take it.

Right back at ya.
Too bad Kirby's known for copying **** :troll:
Except not really because "it's 2016 and it should be online" and then it'll die in a week because of how degenerate it is.
That was NOT what Qrow said. He said it should have multiplayer that isn't co-op

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
The only real disappointment of the Nintendo Direct: No Style Savvy 3.

It will be pretty disheartening if it will be Euro and Japan only this time. :(

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So here's the full look and names of that pokemon list I posted earlier:

Madratter is an amazing name!

_Sheik

Smash Lord
I'm not sure if Wolf's mugshot is implying he's become more of a dark badass cruel baddie or is merely a re-imagining of his SF64 appearance in HD and with more realism added to it.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
You're Australian. You get any and all games Europe gets by default
Except for the part where I'm currently living in America. So no PAL games for me.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So here's the full look and names of that pokemon list I posted earlier:

Madratter is an amazing name!
Looks like a Pokemon Austalia/Wonderland fan dex.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
They've done this for a couple of Kirby games already. Nightmare in Dreamland, Squeak Squad, and Super Star Ultra all had stand alone Metaknight modes.
Yeah but they were tacked onto a Kirby game.

I mean Luigi's Mansion / Shadow the Hedgehog that guy.

If Nintendo are so scared of new IPs, use your current creations elsewhere.

Anyway, was just a silly suggestion anyway.

In other news, I'm glad there is a Hyrule Warriors demo. I have had no idea what to make of this game. Cant wait to actually give it a go.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
You know that one moment from Undertale when Alphys argues with Papyrus over the legitimacy of his abs through unnecessary text messaging?

That's what I'm experiencing now with my gossip happy mother and sister while I'm trying to enjoy my ride.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
You know that one moment from Undertale when Alphys argues with Papyrus over the legitimacy of his abs through unnecessary text messaging?

That's what I'm experiencing now with my gossip happy mother and sister while I'm trying to enjoy my ride.
Does it involve the usually rushed text language (brb, lol, lmao, etc) and those cursed Emoji?

If so, may Xenu bless your soul.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I don't know, I wouldn't want to be blessed by an alien dictator that puts the immortal souls of his alien henchmen into the bodies of humans for pain.

No sireee!

snakeguy86

Smash Cadet
Too bad Kirby's known for copying **** :troll:

That was NOT what Qrow said. He said it should have multiplayer that isn't co-op
Everyone Thought Digimon Copied The Pokémon Back In 1999.
After Maturing To 29 Years Old And After Watching Both Shows, Digimon Is Superior In Strength, Characters,And Most Inportantly The Story.
Even The Anime Monster Hunter Was Better Than The Stale Story That Became Pokémon.
Pokémon Just Killed All Their Compatition.
Monster Hunter, Digimon,Yu-Gi-Oh, The Hit List Maybe More, I Don't Know???

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Now that I think about it, the Pokemon in said leak look awfully generic if you ask me.
Like, I know it's supposedly "from memory", but if it is as accurate as it gets it kinda feel there; like the kind of Pokemon you'd see fanmade: Nothing too out there, just a safe "mystical" representation of an animal. Which is odd for Pokemon of all things if the other gens are to say anything.

And sure, Game Freak have definitely made filler animal Mons, but to this extent? Like they at least have a few to mix things up.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Everyone Thought Digimon Copied The Pokémon Back In 1999.
After Maturing To 29 Years Old And After Watching Both Shows, Digimon Is Superior In Strength, Characters,And Most Inportantly The Story.
Even The Anime Monster Hunter Was Better Than The Stale Story That Became Pokémon.
Pokémon Just Killed All Their Compatition.
Monster Hunter, Digimon,Yu-Gi-Oh, The Hit List Maybe More, I Don't Know???
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
nope. Whichever is Serperior is subjective, AKA not fact, but opinion. And you're judging it solely on the show it seems. Monster Hunter and Yugioh are both still pretty succeful frachises

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom