• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Time for one of us to edit it then lo

lIf we get another Kirby anime, I want BDee and Galacta Knight in it
The Dee would be in, assuredly. (Edit: Honestly would be an easy replacement for the Waddle Doo captain)
Galacta Knight I could see as an "Arc Villain."
What'd be more interesting is IF they tried to incorporate Magalor... since he appears to be one of Japan's most liked Kirby characters.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
You didn't come from the future to tell us if he is going to happen or not in the next smash game.
@Burb, while I don't entirely know if Geno is going to appear in a future game, Boost does have a point. It's unlikely but not impossible.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Edit: AND IF YOU SAY IT'S NOT POSSIBLE.
THEY BROUGHT IT BACK ON THE 3DS.
Fuuuuuun Fact
1) Dedede, despite recent appearences GBA onward, doesn't have the undershirt/pants/whatever it is in the model used. 100% geniune Penguin under that belly-stripe-thing.
2) The incredibly "WHAT?" transformation used in this video was actually used in one of Kirby Mass Attack's minigames.
As was a bunch of other stuff from the show.
Including Super Macho Man.

I.E. the Kid-Friendly equivelant of Bayonetta but not exactly

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
You didn't come from the future to tell us if he is going to happen or not in the next smash game.
No he didn't. Instead he has this thing called COMMON SENSE. As it stands Geno isn't going to happen. Focus on getting him in something else like a Mario spin-off first then we'll talk about Geno even having a semblance of a chance for Smash.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
No he didn't. Instead he has this thing called COMMON SENSE. As it stands Geno isn't going to happen. Focus on getting him in something else like a Mario spin-off first then we'll talk about Geno even having a semblance of a chance for Smash.
I dunno, he made mii costume

That's better than what Issac got in smash 4

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Reminder...

Not everything bad about fanbases...

Doesn't exist in the staff of the product.
You think this is bad? Believe me, I've seen worse **** in certain cartoons. And this heavy jab at otaku is child's play in comparison.

May I remind you of Bikini Robotnik from the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog? And then there's the infamous car wash scene between Peter Griffin and Homer Simpson in the Simpsons Guy crossover. Try watching that and not cringe a single time.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Jesus ****ing christ NOA, just confirm whether or not Amie got cut, I see a news site post an article 'confirming' the cut, because a third party can confirm, and a different third party saying 'It's got more data blocks and 70% VA work is Amie, so it's staying'

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I dunno, he made mii costume

That's better than what Issac got in smash 4
That only came about because of the relationship between SE and Nintendo.
And comparing a First Party to a Third Party never works out. Even then, Isaac, like Geno, is dead. But he can at least say he's had a new role in the past few years.
When's Golden Sun 4?!

So did Lloyd Irving.
The difference being that Lloyd fans can say that he has been in a game as more than a cameo in the past 19 years.
(SMRPG turns 20 in March)
^And this^

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So did Lloyd Irving.
The difference being that Lloyd fans can say that he has been in a game as more than a cameo in the past 19 years.
(SMRPG turns 20 in March)
No one supports Lloyd Irving

Well, y'know... No one that matters

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Geno fans will probably always get crapped on and any bone he's thrown will be dismissed as a fluke.

"Geno's never going to have any sort of representation in a Smash game."

Only Square Enix character and only Mario character aside from Toad to get a full blown DLC costume.

"Ha ha! I can't wait for all the Geno fans to have a meltdown over this!"

Literally takes the news better than every other deconfirmed character fanbase.

I suppose it's worth noting that the character is almost 20 years old and hasn't had a notable appearance since but people still care about him. Not a lot of other characters can make similar claims. I have my doubts he'll ever be playable too but I've learned to never completely count the character out.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Geno fans will probably always get crapped on and any bone he's thrown will be dismissed as a fluke.

"Geno's never going to have any sort of representation in a Smash game."

Only Square Enix character and only Mario character aside from Toad to get a full blown DLC costume.

"Ha ha! I can't wait for all the Geno fans to have a meltdown over this!"

Literally takes the news better than every other deconfirmed character fanbase.

I suppose it's worth noting that the character is almost 20 years old and hasn't had a notable appearance since but people still care about him. Not a lot of other characters can make similar claims. I have my doubts he'll ever be playable too but I've learned to never completely count the character out.
This! This so much!

Look at how many people dismissed Corrin and Bayonetta...

Burruni

Smash Hero
No one supports Lloyd Irving

Well, y'know... No one that matters
Besides being the 2nd most requested Bamco character?
And one that can claim as a face of a series?
Both characters are incredibly unlikely and throwing "BUT THEY GOT A MII COSTUME" is straw grasping evidence.
Because who is legitimately expecting Chrom, Black Knight, Gilgamesh (The Bamco one) or Flying Man?

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I think the lack of meltdowns from Geno fans was because everyone pretty much made peace that Geno being in Smash would be a miracle. As in they're used to it. If this was during the Brawl times and there was somehow a Geno costume for Miis (pretend they're in Brawl ok)... Man that would not go well with the fans I'd imagine.

What does my post add to the discussion? Probably nothing. Just an observation.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
You think this is bad? Believe me, I've seen worse **** in certain cartoons. And this heavy jab at otaku is child's play in comparison.

May I remind you of Bikini Robotnik from the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog? And then there's the infamous car wash scene between Peter Griffin and Homer Simpson in the Simpsons Guy crossover. Try watching that and not cringe a single time.
Here we go with this again.

It's not the end of the world if a morbidly obese character crossdreses for comedy. Family Guy is a show that's known for pushing the limits for shock value and the scene completely fits. I can name 5 scenes from the same show ever worse than that. ***** Brian's Death, Evil Stewie's Massacre, the shroom scene from Seahorshe Shell Party, everything involving Herbert, and Peter's many **** incidents.

And one more thing, Bikini Robotnik is the least of AoStH's problems and the writers did it on purpose to make him America's sexiest fat man. Have problem with it? Then complain to the creators just like the Ed, Edd, & Eddy fans did for the Ho Yay in the later seasons.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Here we go with this again.

It's not the end of the world if a morbidly obese character crossdreses for comedy. Family Guy is a show that's known for pushing the limits for shock value and the scene completely fits. I can name 5 scenes from the same show ever worse than that. ***** Brian's Death, Evil Stewie's Massacre, the shroom scene from Seahorshe Shell Party, everything involving Herbert, and Peter's many **** incidents.

And one more thing, Bikini Robotnik is the least of AoStH's problems and the writers did it on purpose to make him America's sexiest fat man. Have problem with it? Then complain to the creators just like the Ed, Edd, & Eddy fans did for the Ho Yay in the later seasons.
To be fair, he didn't say that they were the worst things out of them. But at the same time I kind of don't see why that matters? He brought them up as an example, I don't see how that warrants that kind of reaction.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I advocated against Geno with common sense and look at that, he was turned into a Mii costume.

I agree that impossible is a stretch now, but "extremely unlikely" is still valid.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I keep remembering some old cartoon but I for the life of me can't remember the name, Does anyone know an old cartoon that fits this description? A village with people who are only happy start singing. Then they get attacked by people who are only sad, to which they have a war, with the happy village making everyone happy after defeating the sad village, with one guy saying 'I don't wanna be happy, I wanna be sad!' before converting and then they start singing again

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Geno never was on my radar for interesting characters (maybe because I played Super Mario RPG pretty late in my life) but I can see why other might like him.

But if I want Geno I'll just stick with Super Smash Bros. Crusade.

I think the lack of meltdowns from Geno fans was because everyone pretty much made peace that Geno being in Smash would be a miracle.
Pretty much this.

The less likely you are to get content, the more likely appearing in a deconfirmed role will be seen as a positive

EX when Viridi got a mii costume I flipped the **** out. :p

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I keep remembering some old cartoon but I for the life of me can't remember the name, Does anyone know an old cartoon that fits this description? A village with people who are only happy start singing. Then they get attacked by people who are only sad, to which they have a war, with the happy village making everyone happy after defeating the sad village, with one guy saying 'I don't wanna be happy, I wanna be sad!' before converting and then they start singing again
Sounds like...

Sonic Underground? I dunno...

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
In regards to Geno, I've been supporting the character in Smash since 2002 and, since then, the character has remained relevant if only for the fact that he's still talked about and still consistently makes publicized top ten lists. It seems like every 5 years or so you'll have an interview from a major gaming site where a grownass man like me will ask a developer when he'll pop up again (and Mallow too) and, again, I feel like that says a lot when you have people closing in on their 30's and still want the character to comeback in some capacity. He's kind of a perpetual underdog at this point and I don't think it'll be too long before people begin to draw parallels between him and the likes of K. Rool and Isaac.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well I think I found your answer.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
What I don't understand is why there isn't a Ness version of this up-and-coming icon:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom