• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Guys, EVERY fandom has OC's and creepy fanart. There are no exceptions on the Internet, none at all. For every Sonic recolor, there is a Mario one. Just like there's a Mary Sue with a 2edgy4me stereotype that the cool kids would love. So Kirby does have its flaws, but arguably less than the Pokemon fandom.

*shudders about the many bad Pokefics I've read*
I don't think anyone is saying otherwise. The difference is the volume of that stuff. You almost never really see that about Kirby unless you really go out of your way to find it. Unlike Sonic, where it's right in your face when you least expect it.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Reminder...

Not everything bad about fanbases...

Doesn't exist in the staff of the product.
Now where's my boomstick when you need it. Because that abomination needs to die and FAST!

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So, we're less than a month away from Pogeymanz Generation I on Virtual Console.

I'm just curious how the games' glitches are/if going to be handled because, while a great set of games, but there's no denying that they are a massive buggy train wreck.
I'm assuming they're gonna be kept in. There's really not many reasons to take them out.
Besides, glitch hunting is half the fun in R/B/Y.

Naoshi

So, we're less than a month away from Pogeymanz Generation I on Virtual Console.

I'm just curious how the games' glitches are/if going to be handled because, while a great set of games, but there's no denying that they are a massive buggy train wreck.
They might leave it as is since it's a Virtual Console game.

Then again, these games are kinda being treated as a special case, so it wouldn't surprise me. I just hope they keep some of the fun glitches that you have to go out of your way to pull off.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Reminder...

Why did they do this? Was this some sort of form of fanservice or are the producers just like that for some reason? The world may never know...

I've never really thought the Disney Channel's live-action shows were... Bad... But not as noteworthy as other shows on the network... Actually I don't even know if there has been a bad show on the network, unless I'm forgetting something?
There was a show called Dog with a Blog.
I don't think I need to think any deeper to know Disney has produced some ****.

Reminder...

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
xcoos u I drink coffee
Thinking about it...I guess the Kamen Rider fans who only want dark stories count as bad apples as Gaim was dark, with Drive getting very dark and tearjerking later on. They probably only saw the first episode and shrugged it off. The part that wants TOEI to focus more on the show's quality than toy sales aren't counted as bad apples as I can't recommend Ghost, though the toys are pretty damn nifty

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I do admit, I finally realize that I need to approach the Yo-kai Watch situation differently after going through many and many arguments since me joining here.

And I think I certainly know how to now.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
There was a show called Dog with a Blog.
I don't think I need to think any deeper to know Disney has produced some ****.

Literal. Monster. Otaku.
This is what they made.
Warning: Not for the faint of heart

(And you thought FIRE EMBLEM went Waifu Pandering)

Naoshi

Why did they do this? Was this some sort of form of fanservice or are the producers just like that for some reason? The world may never know...
I think this was just for humor sakes. I don't think they had any weird intentions behind it other than humor.

That's my take though.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

I'm kind of curious about that too. When R/B/Y came out, I was 10 so the nostalgia goggles are jammed on pretty hard for me despite every sequel making it grossly apparent how terrible the first games were and how it took them nearly four generations to address them all.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I'm kind of curious about that too. When R/B/Y came out, I was 10 so the nostalgia goggles are jammed on pretty hard for me despite every sequel making it grossly apparent how terrible the first games were and how it took them nearly four generations to address them all.
"Nearly 4"
It took until Gen 6 to move diagonally.

Edit:
Didn't Sakurai approve this? He did oversee the anime didn't he?
Yes. Yes he did.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
In defense of Matt Bozon's (Shantae's creator) uncurbed enthusiasm, it's Smash Bros. Having your character make the roster is the equivalent of making it into a Hall of Fame. It's pretty much become the dream of a lot of developers and a huge honor to make the cut. I'm one of those people that believes that Shantae would warrant a spot because all three games are fantastic and Shantae's backstory is actually kind of inspiring (basically a character and a game that spent nearly a decade in development limbo before finally coming out and quickly becoming a cult classic). She's essentially a Nintendo indie success story more than a decade before crowd funding projects became a thing which, if you consider that, is really impressive.
I agree. Did Matt Bozon take it a little far? Admittedly, yes, but I still have a ton of respect for the dude and WayForward as a whole.
Reminder...

Freak out MegaMan.png

Naoshi

I still think Gen 1 is good, even with all of its flaws. I still had a lot of fun with it because it's still a solid game on its own. I can't bring myself to call it bad because it's perfectly playable and most of the issues are more on the metagame-side, and I almost never run into glitches unless I go out of my way to find them.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
You do realize that was a joke at the expense of the otaku.

But it's weird and stupid
It's supposed to be, that's the joke. Man y'all some babbies

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Sakurai: So, you want to over sexualize one of the main cast despite giving her the biggest, manliest shoulders ever? What the ****?! I will never approve of this!
Animators: Kirby won't talk
Sakurai: HERE'S THE MONEY FUND IT NAAAAOOOOOOO
Let's not forget Nametiff's incoherit amount of "Advances" with Kirby and the only reason it's still a kids show is because either Oblivious Kirby (THANK ****ING GOD) or someone else is around

Yeah I'll just stick to Dedede: Comin' at Ya kthxbyeeeeee

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I admittedly haven't seen the anime in forever because... I don't really like it... At all... And I bet you may be able to see why...

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
"Nearly 4"
It took until Gen 6 to move diagonally.
I was mainly talking about the battle balancing issues: bug, grass, poison, and ghost being complete trash, psychic being hilariously overpowered, attacks being physical or special based on type, ensnare/sleep locks, dragon type being mostly irrelevant aside from their stats, etc.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I admittedly haven't seen the anime in forever because... I don't really like it... At all... And I bet you may be able to see why...
I've seen a majority of the anime. Unless the 22-ish episodes I didn't see are garbage it's pretty good, much better than that joke. Especially 'FIYAH DEDEDE! I can't make that sound cool...'

Burruni

Smash Hero
I was mainly talking about the battle balancing issues: bug, grass, poison, and ghost being complete trash, psychic being hilariously overpowered, attacks being physical or special based on type, ensnare/sleep locks, dragon type being mostly irrelevant aside from their stats, etc.
Oh, I understand.
And they're still struggling on trying to balance some things.
Just I remember one of my reactions to the first Gen VI trailers being
"HOLY CRAP WE CAN MOVE DIAGONALLY!!"
"...WE'VE BEEN WAITING 18 YEARS TO MOVE DIAGONALLY?!"

Edit:
I've seen a majority of the anime. Unless the 22-ish episodes I didn't see are garbage it's pretty good, much better than that joke. Especially 'FIYAH DEDEDE! I can't make that sound cool...'
IMO, Kirby Right Back At Ya is one of two good animation projects done by Nintendo's hand (excluding shorts).
And KFDDD is the best thing to happen to any Nintendo series and I want it was a voicepack in Smash.

Last edited:

Naoshi

To be fair, 4 directional moving was just a game design choice. The overworld was originally designed with that in mind.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
"HOLY CRAP WE CAN MOVE DIAGONALLY!!"
"...WE'VE BEEN WAITING 18 YEARS TO MOVE DIAGONALLY?!"
"BENCHES!"
"WE HAVE BENCHES NOW!"
"Why are you hyping about a ben-"
"BENCHES!"
:4dedede:

Naoshi

Dedede's dub voice is the best thing ever. So glad to see the love here

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Mexa Knight
Who's he? Can I meet him? :troll:

In all seriousness, I feel that Eric Stuart should've been the one to voice Meta Knight in Smash, as I honestly felt him to be the definitive voice for the character, that and I really hate Eric Newsome's take on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom