• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

But honestly, for as much as I don't really like Yokai Watch, I do think DYKG's comment was a low blow, even if it was meant in jest. The whole "let's demean a fanbase based on size" thing. Gee I wonder what makes me dislike that...
Also this, as amusing as the comment was, it was unnecessary.

Not to mention DYKG isn't in the best position to be making fun of things...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
You haven't dug up enough in the Kirby fandom.
The literal stuff of nightmares.
I genuinely haven't seen anything. I need examples
Also this, as amusing as the comment was, it was unnecessary.

Not to mention DYKG isn't in the best position to be making fun of things...
Can I have a list of everything DYKG ****ed up with? Not just misinformation

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Now I want this to happen. Solely just to see the haters get pissed off and Dumblr to have a mass triggered circle jerk. That would be one of the best days of my life if it were to happen. :evil:
What a mature attitude we have here. This is kind of being just as bad as they are being.

TBH I don't want cringey fetish otaku characters in Smash Bros. Like. At all. This isn't because of tumblr or "triggering".

The really spiteful attitude from either side is just really off putting and kind of why discussing fetish in games stuff is nearly impossible now.

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

Can I have a list of everything DYKG ****ed up with? Not just misinformation
here is a list:

when the channel was created :troll:

Naoshi

Kirby's fandom is fine from my understanding. Yes, there are probably some weirdos in the dark corners, but they are really silent compared to what most fandoms has.

I mean, when it doesn't come to Smash Bros. They don't really cause trouble.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Kirby's Fanbase is fine, push come to shove
The Kirby SPRITER Fanbase, however...
Is a wee bit off in the head.
Symptoms may include;
Recolors of Wheel Kirby with Hair and Teeth
Someone's OC Dinosaur thing beating the **** out of Kirby in literally everyone's headcanon
And Nametiff pulling a Sonic '06 with Kirby in almost everyone's headcanon
*shudders*

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So, how would you guys feel about Melee HD instead of SSB4 NX? I'd be all for it if they addressed Melee's balancing issues and fixed some of the stages. I'm maybe one of five people who thinks Melee overall had the worst stages of the franchise. Many of the stages were super awkward to play on with four players (pretty much all the tournament legal stages) or even with two (Fourside, Brinstar Depths, Peach's Castle, Termina Bay, etc). As for balancing issues, I never liked the fact that there's like 5 characters that are competitively useful and everyone else is either super niche or complete trash.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
So, how would you guys feel about Melee HD instead of SSB4 NX? I'd be all for it if they addressed Melee's balancing issues and fixed some of the stages. I maybe one of five people who thinks Melee overall had the worst stages of the franchise. Many of the stages were super awkward to play on with four players (pretty much all the tournament legal stages) or even with two (Fourside, Brinstar Depths, Peach's Castle, Termina Bay, etc). As for balancing issues, I never like the fact that there's like 5 characters that are competitively useful and everyone else is either super niche or complete trash.
Melee HD Upsides:
+Ice Climbers
+PICHU PICHU
Melee HD Downsides:
-Kirby is terrible
-No Dedede

:drshrug:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So, how would you guys feel about Melee HD instead of SSB4 NX? I'd be all for it if they addressed Melee's balancing issues and fixed some of the stages. I maybe one of five people who thinks Melee overall had the worst stages of the franchise. Many of the stages were super awkward to play on with four players (pretty much all the tournament legal stages) or even with two (Fourside, Brinstar Depths, Peach's Castle, Termina Bay, etc). As for balancing issues, I never like the fact that there's like 5 characters that are competitively useful and everyone else is either super niche or complete trash.
Add King Dedede and it'll probably be a dream come true for me.

Naoshi

Melee is my favorite Smash Bros, so naturally I would love a Melee HD.

But I disagree about the stage roster being bad. I think almost every stage is good. Although some aren't perfect, even Fourside (one of my favorites), due to poor recovery options for Ness. I think the stages for the most part don't need to be touched upon. I think an Omega (and optionally Alpha) Mode(s) would be welcome though.

However I do agree with the character balance. Fox and Falco are way too dominant.

D

Deleted member

You haven't dug up enough in the Kirby fandom.
The literal stuff of nightmares.
*Flashbacks to my girlfriend's drawing of kirby*

Well, other than that, I wouldn't really know. The kirby fanbase isn't one I hear from too often.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Depends.
While I think it'd be neat (and give those who haven't played Melee a chance to), it could also end up being a disaster with the competitive fanbase if something changes (and change is quite the big word here).

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Pretty sure people would be more open to Yokai Watch here if the fans didn't get defensive about it.
I mean we're not forcing you to play the game, we just don't want you guys to think Yo-kai Watch is just some unoriginal Pokemon ripoff and then just let the comments let it be as there's lots of things Yo-kai Watch has that you guys might like. You can at least understand where these intentions come from.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
And thus, the Melee only idiots refused to buy it. There was a balanced Melee mod, but it got ignored because 'muh melee' iirc
Actually there is.

20XX Edition and multiple balance Mods exist.

The reason it's not played because Nintendo might be upset if they start using a modded version of Melee.

If they would have allowed it then 20XX Tournament Edition would be playable

That and Project M but that's another can of worms

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
A perfect Melee for me back in the day would have been Melee + Dedede, Wario, and Diddy. With Melee's physics though, Dedede would probably be trash and Wario (dat recovery tho) and Diddy (nanners for days) would be stupidly good.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So random out of no where topic, what is the worst show on Disney Channel that isn't an animated one in your opinion, and why?

Burruni

Smash Hero
No.
Because even its when my two true mains were their strongest.
There's just... a lot wrong with Melee for me.
Jumping DOWN to that roster size would also feel... pointless. When we have everyone but the two of the three most throwaway clones. And one of those two were remade into Toon Link.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I mean we're not forcing you to play the game, we just don't want you guys to think Yo-kai Watch is just some unoriginal Pokemon ripoff and then just let the comments let it be as there's lots of things Yo-kai Watch has that you guys might like. You can at least understand where these intentions come from.
You're only proving Swamp's point like this lol

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Guys, EVERY fandom has OC's and creepy fanart. There are no exceptions on the Internet, none at all. For every Sonic recolor, there is a Mario one. Just like there's a Mary Sue with a 2edgy4me stereotype that the cool kids would love. So Kirby does have its flaws, but arguably less than the Pokemon fandom.

*shudders about the many bad Pokefics I've read*

Last edited:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I would hate it, there's no need for a HD Melee unless I wanted to play adventure mode or get to competitive melee. They could have just bring those stages over into smash 4. Losing the roster we have now in smash 4 is not worth some stages and adventure mode I already played, if I wanted to play Melee so bad I'll go in my closet, get it and pop it into my Wii.

So, how would you guys feel about Melee HD instead of SSB4 NX? I'd be all for it if they addressed Melee's balancing issues and fixed some of the stages. I'm maybe one of five people who thinks Melee overall had the worst stages of the franchise. Many of the stages were super awkward to play on with four players (pretty much all the tournament legal stages) or even with two (Fourside, Brinstar Depths, Peach's Castle, Termina Bay, etc). As for balancing issues, I never liked the fact that there's like 5 characters that are competitively useful and everyone else is either super niche or complete trash.
Melee HD would probably sell like ass. It has a smaller roster and less content. No one likes that.

So it's pretty much JUST catering to the competetive community.
I'd be all for it if they addressed Melee's balancing issues and fixed some of the stages.
T.E.A. beat me to it, but this would mean the only community you're selling to doesnt want to buy it.

Not great business sense for a launch title.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I've never really thought the Disney Channel's live-action shows were... Bad... But not as noteworthy as other shows on the network... Actually I don't even know if there has been a bad show on the network, unless I'm forgetting something?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So, we're less than a month away from Pogeymanz Generation I on Virtual Console.

I'm just curious how the games' glitches are/if going to be handled because, while a great set of games, but there's no denying that they are a massive buggy train wreck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom