• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
So the gods of fate have frowned upon me and scheduled my flight for 2PM PST Tuesday December the 15th.

This may just be the first time I pray my flight gets delayed so I can sit in the terminal squeeing at my laptop like a weird person.

Either that or I get to fidget, twitch, and generally ADHD worse than I ever have before for a few hours in the sky. :p

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Is there any discussion we can have about the broadcast speculation that we haven't alreaday?

Like,

How long do you guys think the broadcast will be?

Yeah, that's a good question.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
So the gods of fate have frowned upon me and scheduled my flight for 2PM PST Tuesday December the 15th.

This may just be the first time I pray my flight gets delayed so I can sit in the terminal squeeing at my laptop like a weird person.

Either that or I get to fidget, twitch, and generally ADHD worse than I ever have before for a few hours in the sky. :p
This is why they invented in plane WiFi...

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
F.A.N.G really stands out amongst the SFV newcomers, doesn't he? I wonder if they'll be planning to add more newcomers to SFV through DLC... I'm sure they will. (Still want Q and Remy for SFV, we've got Alex and Urien on the way, so why not more love for SFIII?) I think I'll probably main Rashid for the first few days of SFV, and see who else fits my play style...

Is there any discussion we can have about the broadcast speculation that we haven't alreaday?

Like,

How long do you guys think the broadcast will be?

Yeah, that's a good question.
My estimates for the length of the Smash Presentation will be between 20 to 30 minutes of pure Smash Content.
- Well, I was beat to the punch by Shroob Shroob , and with the same time estimate too!

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Laura, Rashid, F.A.N.G. all interest me.

Only Irish roid rage Rob Zombie turns me off.

It's just a shame the time all the reveals will be happening will coincide with the time they get all stingy about using your devices. :/
Oh yes. That lull period.

At least I'm not alone in missing the action.

Last edited:

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
To be perfectly honest, while I used to be in the 'Wolf for marketing' camp, I've actually just about given up hope for him.

Star Fox Zero just had a huge presentation, and Wolf didn't come with it. We're talking about a Brawl character who, let's be honest, shouldn't have been much harder to make than Lucas (oh, and let's not forget; Lucas got into Sm4sh before Wolf, despite Wolf being more recent and arguably more popular).

I can't be certain of anything anymore, but I just have a bad feeling that Wolf's time has passed. It's certainly still possible, I'm not saying it isn't - it just doesn't seem as likely as it used to.
Don't jinx us! Also, what's this huge Star Fox Zero presentation that Wolf wasn't present for? Did I miss something?

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
...and Undertale has a slight edge over Mario 64....

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Just maybe, figuring out the best game ever shouldn't be a vote

D

Deleted member

omg it's 4 days left all ready. I recall complaining when it was still 6 days.

Time keep going by fast!

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
omg it's 4 days left all ready. I recall complaining when it was still 6 days.

Time keep going by fast!
4 DAYS?! Wow. I didn't think time would go by so fast. I am gonna miss the Smash reveals once it is over. It was a fun ride.

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137

Looks like the Spinner doesn't require an amiibo, nice
Seeing this trailer got me hyped for Hyrule Warriors Legends. I can just take it with me on the go, in case if I go places. It has a lot of cool stuff. And this is coming from someone who owns the Wii U version of it. ^_^

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
When Undertale wins that GameFaqs' so-called Best. Game. Ever. poll (it's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when - don't fool yourself otherwise), I do fear more potential hype backlash against it as a result of butthurt and resentment over the outcome. The poll may not matter to us, but it does matter to other people.

Honestly, I think that'd be a shame.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I just came to a realization that is bothering me to hell and back.

Mushroom Kingdom 64 was my favorite Smash Stage growing up, it was so much fun using the Warp Pipes to mess around and go all over the place. ...I had a weeeeeeird affinity for Warp Pipes as a kid. I use to go to Tiny Huge Island in Mario 64 just to hop in and out of them... I was weird.

ANYWAY, I began thinking about if it had a chance at returning as a DLC stage, but then remembered the one thing holding it back would probably be the pipes, because an awesome detail about Smash 64 is that each character had a unique animation for entering warp pipes. So I went to go look up some for old times sake...

...I can't find a single video with it for the life of me. The few videos that are entirely dedicated to MK64 are either the Brawl Hack, or they never even touch the pipes. If I had even remotely passable video editing skills, I'd make a compilation of the animations, but... yeah that is really bothering me. So many pointless videos about "which character can survive THIS attack/custom Stage Gap????", we don't even have one compilation of the pipe animatons.

Not losing sleep over it or anything, but... actually I AM losing sleep, I'm so tired.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
today on yokai watch
"wow getting all the tings needed to fight kyubi was easy....better train up first before fighting him"
(for thoes wondering i got the golden tofu from a yokai spot mama aura fight.....good times)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
today on yokai watch
"wow getting all the tings needed to fight kyubi was easy....better train up first before fighting him"
(for thoes wondering i got the golden tofu from a yokai spot mama aura fight.....good times)
I spent hours searching for everything

To realize I already had it

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
wait a minute guys....this months corocoro is supposed to have big pokemon news.......and it usually leaks around the 11th....which is today

Last edited:

tsvlink25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
tsvlink25
3DS FC
1719-3628-9238

Looks like the Spinner doesn't require an amiibo, nice
I love Toon Link's little scene in the end, omg. he's adorable.

Gotta say, if there ARE more characters, such as villains...wondering why we haven't seen them yet.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276

Mr.X98

Smash Journeyman
PushDustIn PushDustIn just read your "hype responsibly" column and I think you made valid points on Smash community as a whole being based on hype at times, do you feel this could be pushed to an extreme by many fans?

(Also you said people jump on you like a time bomb, can't you just go boom and take them all out?)

Last edited:

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman
Judging from the fact Linkle AND the Wind Waker troupe lacks a villain, it makes sense we'd get Toon Ganondorf to complete the Wind Waker trifecta.

But...maybe...just maybe...

VAATI don't play with my heart it hurts T^T I WANT HIM IN...... wind Vaati is a big deal lol I wanted him in smash too I like Vaati XD but I also want Geno im weird shh XD
I just came to a realization that is bothering me to hell and back.

Mushroom Kingdom 64 was my favorite Smash Stage growing up, it was so much fun using the Warp Pipes to mess around and go all over the place. ...I had a weeeeeeird affinity for Warp Pipes as a kid. I use to go to Tiny Huge Island in Mario 64 just to hop in and out of them... I was weird.

ANYWAY, I began thinking about if it had a chance at returning as a DLC stage, but then remembered the one thing holding it back would probably be the pipes, because an awesome detail about Smash 64 is that each character had a unique animation for entering warp pipes. So I went to go look up some for old times sake...

...I can't find a single video with it for the life of me. The few videos that are entirely dedicated to MK64 are either the Brawl Hack, or they never even touch the pipes. If I had even remotely passable video editing skills, I'd make a compilation of the animations, but... yeah that is really bothering me. So many pointless videos about "which character can survive THIS attack/custom Stage Gap????", we don't even have one compilation of the pipe animatons.

Not losing sleep over it or anything, but... actually I AM losing sleep, I'm so tired.
that is a good stage XD

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
PushDustIn PushDustIn btw, you probably already mentioned it, but anything interesting in this weeks Famitsu?
Bi-Weekly. There will be on after the direct.

PushDustIn PushDustIn just read your "hype responsibly" column and I think you made valid points on Smash community as a whole being based on hype at times, do you feel this could be pushed to an extreme by many fans?

(Also you said people jump on you like a time bomb, can't you just go boom and take them all out?)
The reaction on SG, this thread and my immediate Twitter following for Hype Responsibly has been positive -- but I guess that's to be expected as even if you dont agree with me 100%, you guys have a ton of exposure to me. However, on reddit and Neogaf people said hype culture wasn't an issue, and "nofunallowed.jpg"

I've said this before but somewhere we've mixed speculation and desires. "I think" has become synonymous with "I want" in Smash speculation, which is why some people think Sakurai is the 9th Wonder of the World because he doesn't follow the fan trends (which is what people "want" him to do). Sakurai isn't random, it's just that the community gets so deadset on fan made rules and mistranslations that they don't understand what's really going on....so they feel constantly blindsided. Hype culture is destroying the ability to understand the beauty that actually goes into Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom