• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I don't even think the demand for him was all that significant in Melee.
If anything, wasn't Diddy the DK character that people wanted a lot?

It can't just be a random retro character that didn't actually make a noticeable impact even though people may remember them and/or Smash acknowledges them, e.g. Ice Climbers, Pit, Little Mac, Takamaru.
Little Mac, random?

He's the main character of Punch-Out, an iconic Nintendo franchise that has gotten references in pop culture
Like this example.

Chrono.

Why is something from 2 years ago being posted here? This just feels like the retweets of Robin's trailer announcement people keep doing
I saw it on my tweet feed and had to make a the "banjo confirmed guise" joke

...Except joke's on me because I didn't even notice the date till now lol

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So I've thought of a way to reduce disappointment for the direct. Just image the absolute worst case scenario is happening (like it needs to be really really bad, like unrealistically bad), then even if your character doesn't get in, its not as bad as you thought, and you won't be as salty. I'm personally going into this direct with no optimism. I won't hype myself up, and I'll just be miserable and pessimistic smash wise. Now One Piece wise, Gamma knife on Sunday.:colorful:
tbh, I feel kinda lucky that the worst case for me......is really ot mattering much.

Because let's be honest: the only thing that would hype me a lot is seeing Paper Mario confimred, however, even if he doesn't get it, it honestly stopped to matter the day the Paper Mario stage was announced.

The only things I got since the announcement of the game as far as the Paper Mario series is concerned are positive, there's no way that a deconfirmation woudl end bad because he already got postitive stuff anyway.....he just won't get the best, but that doesn't really matter considering that at any case, his chance get a boost for future game and his series already got a boost (still hoping for a new Paper Mario game btw).

And it really is the worst case, I am neutral on really everyone but him so there's not much possibilities to get salty on any confirmation here.

I jsut wish most would think the same though.... :(

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Best case scenario: No body on smash boards gets what they want.

Worst case scenario: I get what I want.

:troll:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Allow me to pick your brains a bit. This is sort of Smash 5 speculation, but...sort of not.

We have :4gaw:, :4rob:, and :4duckhunt:. One for each game since Melee, these are old characters - if you can even consider them "characters" in the first place - whom no one really expected for Smash, but have very important, significant Nintendo history.

So...who could be next in this line? Someone (or something) old, 80s or earlier, who we probably don't see in games today unless it's a cameo, but nonetheless was very important to Nintendo. I've thought about this for a while and even done some research, but I can't pin down anyone that I feel really fits. It can't just be a random retro character that didn't actually make a noticeable impact even though people may remember them and/or Smash acknowledges them, e.g. Ice Climbers, Pit, Little Mac, Takamaru. The closest I've gotten is Sheriff and Diskun, though the Japan-only nature of Diskun leaves me not confident in that.
This stylish dude is, in my view, the ideal choice:

That is Daitoryo, or President. As you likely know before making video games nintendo started off making Hanafuda cards. Daitoryo is on the box of what is to this day their most popular Hanafuda deck. He would represent Nintendo's pre video game history. I've even made a moveset.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Best case scenario: No body on smash boards gets what they want.

Worst case scenario: I get what I want.

:troll:
How can we say it's a worst case scenario when we don't know who you want.

My best case scenario is that the latest DLC characters are the final DLC characters and one of those last characters are Dixie Kong, Wolf, Inklings, Impa, Wonder Red, Medusa, Bandana Dee, King K. Rool and Starman (dat pipedream)

My worst case is that I get none of that

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Who/what do you want again?
That is the mystery my friend.
How can we say it's a worst case scenario when we don't know who you want.

My best case scenario is that the latest DLC characters are the final DLC characters and one of those last characters are Dixie Kong, Wolf, Inklings, Impa, Wonder Red, Medusa, Bandana Dee, King K. Rool and Starman (dat pipedream)

My worst case is that I get none of that
lols- Did you see my best case scenario.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
If anything, wasn't Diddy the DK character that people wanted a lot?
That's exactly why.

Most of the DK fans wanted Diddy. Support for K. Rool didn't really skyrocket until after Diddy was confirmed for Brawl.

I hate to tell you this

But that = more than 100%
It wasn't supposed to add up to 100%. Each percentage was individual; likelihood of not happening vs likelihood of happening. Like "2 characters" was 98% likely to happen, 2% unlikely.

If you want it all put together into 100:

2: 90%
3: 10%
4: 0%

I'm still a bit against the idea that the newest Mario slot is even done, tbh.

I mean, they just recently added it in the September patch. Wouldn't that imply that they had only then started working on that character?
Not really, no.

It just means development started sometime between Pack 3 and Pack 4.

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
That is the mystery my friend.

lols- Did you see my best case scenario.
By the power of Fedora, I command you to tell me what you want!

The power of Fedora compels you!

*Sprinkles mountain dew on Crooner*

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
By the power of Fedora, I command you to tell me what you want!

*Sprinkles mountain dew on Crooner*

Just throw your half eaten shoe at him. He'll tell

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
GoimXploin talks about the upcoming Direct
Something something Rareware Characters
I still want me some Paper Mario :drshrug:

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
So after this, speculation rests at long last...

Oh who am I kidding Smash 5 speculation is going to be off the charts
I'm more excited for the completion of Smash 4 and end of speculation than I am for the actual upcoming DLC content.

Then I'll disappear until Smash 5 is announced and there's actual reason to discuss Smash 5.

Also, Opossum Opossum , I know it's really simple, but I am enjoying your avatar! :)

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I'm gonna be happy with speculation ending but I'm gonna hate it that everyone will leave NintenZone Social because no speculation.

You mean we can't have the fun that we usually have because no speculation. C'mon man, Pokken still exist, alot of stuff around Hyrule Warriors, NX speculation (no matter how stupid it is) and just overall off topic stuff th movies and anime.

Don't make go back to the Smash 4 Social. It's not good in there anymore.
Let's keep our fun going without having to rely on Smash 4.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
It's weird that we're already talking about Smash 5, when this game has been out for a year. It's like, as soon as something comes out, we want the next thing. I rarely even play smash haha. I'm always so hyped for new characters and want more, but then I don't even do much with it. I feel like the DLC has spoiled us a little bit. I didn't feel this way with Brawl.

Poots

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna be happy with speculation ending but I'm gonna hate it that everyone will leave NintenZone Social because no speculation.

You mean we can't have the fun that we usually have because no speculation. C'mon man, Pokken still exist, alot of stuff around Hyrule Warriors, NX speculation (no matter how stupid it is) and just overall off topic stuff th movies and anime.

5mash speculation here we come!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

Don't worry, it's the Nintendo general forum here so there'll be stuff to talk about until Nintnedo collapses and even then we'll have a lot to yammer about.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
GoimXploin talks about the upcoming Direct
Something something Rareware Characters
I still want me some Paper Mario :drshrug:
The part about the "ballot winner" is really painful to sit through.

These guys think it's 100% a popularity contest where the character with the most "votes" wins. :facepalm:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

These guys think it's 100% a popularity contest where the character with the most "votes" wins. :facepalm:
Everyone does. Everyone talks about the ballot "winner" as if there was ever confirmed to be one.
It just means people are always going to disappointed whoever gets in...

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

To be fair, it's not like without speculation everything will crumble. It's just something to talk about. We could go on without it.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750

Already made a comment about it on the video. Now I need to prepare for another month long argument.

I'm still getting to my DYKG: Splatoon comment...

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Already made a comment about it on the video. Now I need to prepare for another month long argument.

Well see there's your first problem; you're trying to find intelligence in Youtube comments. Needles in haystacks are easier to find.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Well see there's your first problem; you're trying to find intelligence in Youtube comments. Needles in haystacks are easier to find.
At this point, you should just get the whole GameXplain group on SourceCast and do a simulcast on both of you guys YouTube channels to handle issues of speculation.

It'll get through the knowledge of a decent amount of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom