• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
So what Snake leak supposedly got Konami's eye? I don't remember any good Snake leaks.
I remember there was a leak 3DS leak that had Snake on it that was decent at first glance, but it was BS after the thread looked closer.

Might have been when the leaks group was still a thing actually.

But other than that, I can't think of another one tbh :ohwell:

If I had to make a guess, I'd say it was the Snake amiibo image that was making the rounds a while back. It was jokingly billed as a leak, used a PM pose, and got retweeted by both Konami and Kojima.

If these posts have any believability, it's the only one that comes to mind.
Yeah or the 3D printed amiibo thing.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Sami? I mean that would make no sense, but its the only leak that has something to do with Snake and PM.

:glare: Are you f*****g serious!?
Sami wouldn't make it to Konami's legal department as the poster claims.

If I had to make a guess, I'd say it was the Snake amiibo image that was making the rounds a while back. It was jokingly billed as a leak, used a PM pose, and got retweeted by both Konami and Kojima.

If these posts have any believability, it's the only one that comes to mind.
That could be the only one. Still don't believe it, need to figure out the guys connection and everyone to PM.

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/nimrod

Well, dang, you right.
Neat about the Bugs Bunny stuff. :D
How'd you come across that fun fact? Information dispersal is always interesting.
I can't remember exactly how I learned it, but I also know that "rabbits love carrots" is a false stereotype perpetuated by, again, Bugs Bunny. They'll eat carrots if that's all there is, but they much prefer lettuce and cabbage.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I finished my latest level in Mario Maker:

Grand Theft Mario!
(4B82-0000-0112-E25C)

In this level Mario has turned to a life of crime! he must complete objectives and bring his Star Ranking up!

I made this just today and I think it is fun, maybe not my best level but I like it. Tell me what you think if you play it and thanks if you do!

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I will feel so bad if K.Rool is not revealed, it would be like 3 years of Smash 4 propaganda for nothing.
Well, that would happen with every popular character, but K.Rool was requested for Melee, Brawl and now Smash 4, unlike Bandana Dee, Inklings and others.
It would be like the ultimate failure :/
Ehhh.....I don't think K. Rool supporters deserve extra pity just because K. Rool's been wanted for multiple iterations of Smash. I don't even think the demand for him was all that significant in Melee. The best example of a character who's been super popular for all three Smash sequels is Ridley.

Disappointment is disappointment no matter how long the wait. One could argue that they should be less effected since they've dealt with it twice now (three times if you count K. Rool not making SSB4's on-disc roster).

So...

How likely would you rate...

At least 2 characters?
At least 3 characters?
At least 4 characters?
I missed this earlier. Better late than never, and I think it's worth reviving since it's an interesting question.

This is excluding Cloud, right? I'm assuming that's the case.

2 characters: 98%. Isn't there three of those Mario placeholder slots left? Considering one was just added, it's a safe assumption they're all being used. Cloud takes up one, leaving two more to be announced. I think this is gonna go the same way as the last batch of character DLC. One announced earlier than the others (Lucas last time, Cloud this time), and then two more announced later (Roy and Ryu on the previous Smash Direct, and the two remaining ones on next week's)

3 characters: 45%. I'm not willing to bet on it, but I wouldn't be completely shocked.

4 characters: 2%. I think we'd be lucky to get three + Cloud. Four is a tad unrealistic to me.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I'm still a bit against the idea that the newest Mario slot is even done, tbh.

I mean, they just recently added it in the September patch. Wouldn't that imply that they had only then started working on that character?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ehhh.....I don't think K. Rool supporters deserve extra pity just because K. Rool's been wanted for multiple iterations of Smash. I don't even think the demand for him was all that significant in Melee. The best example of a character who's been super popular for all three Smash sequels is Ridley.

Disappointment is disappointment no matter how long the wait. One could argue that they should be less effected since they've dealt with it twice now (three times if you count K. Rool not making SSB4's on-disc roster).

I missed this earlier. Better late than never, and I think it's worth reviving since it's an interesting question.

This is excluding Cloud, right? I'm assuming that's the case.

2 characters: 98%. Isn't there three of those Mario placeholder slots left? Considering one was just added, it's a safe assumption they're all being used. Cloud takes up one, leaving two more to be announced. I think this is gonna go the same way as the last batch of character DLC. One announced earlier than the others (Lucas last time, Cloud this time), and then two more announced later (Roy and Ryu on the previous Smash Direct, and the two remaining ones on next week's)

3 characters: 45%. I'm not willing to bet on it, but I wouldn't be completely shocked.

4 characters: 2%. I think we'd be lucky to get three + Cloud. Four is a tad unrealistic to me.
I hate to tell you this

But that = more than 100%

tsvlink25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
tsvlink25
3DS FC
1719-3628-9238
I wonder how much of the DLC will release right after the presentation, or at least soon after...
I can't see all of the end of the DLC releasing right away...I feel we'll get some after the presentation, and the confirmation of when the last few waves will be.

Shroob

Sup?
I wonder how much of the DLC will release right after the presentation, or at least soon after...
I can't see all of the end of the DLC releasing right away...I feel we'll get some after the presentation, and the confirmation of when the last few waves will be.
On the flipside, I'm hopeful it's available right away. End 2015 on a strong note.

Granted, I'd be all for a reveal like Mewtwo.

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Something before I go to bed vigorously.
Gender topics seem to be all the rage these days, so...

"One recent landmark study came from investigators from the University of Pennsylvania. They used a form of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) called diffusion tensor imaging (a way to measure the brain's white matter, or axons by which neurons connect) in a large sample of men and women (428 males and 521 females, ages 8 to 22 years).9 Across a number of different analytic approaches, they found a striking and consistent result: The brains of women exhibit significantly stronger patterns of interconnectivity across brain regions-including across the hemispheres-than do the brains of men, which conversely exhibit significantly greater average connectivity within local brain regions (what the authors refer to as modularity).

This striking result fits very well with a highly consistent finding across the sex-difference literature: The brains of men tend to be more asymmetrically organized across the hemispheres than are those of women.10 Importantly, the authors found no age-by-sex interactions despite having plenty of statistical power to find such interactions. This means we cannot explain the sex differences in their results as simply being due to different cultural experiences between males and females." - http://dana.org/Cerebrum/2014/Equal_≠_The_Same__Sex_Differences_in_the_Human_Brain/

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
i can definitely see cloud plaus 3 happening matter of fact 8 dlc characters total was my minimum for dlc(cloud,ryu,roy,lucas,mewtwo,????,????,????) heck i can see us getting 2 stages in addition to midgar

because of my crazy theory that they will mirror the original smash bros in dlc(8-12 characters 9 stages....you get the idea)

and even if im wrong by like 1 stage and 1 character im still really proud i got it THAT close

Shroob

Sup?
Still, the fact that it ends in 5 days... it's hard to imagine. I've been following this game since E3 2013 and now the hype train has about reached its final destination.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Still, the fact that it ends in 5 days... it's hard to imagine. I've been following this game since E3 2013 and now the hype train has about reached its final destination.
I suppose this Direct is the Master Core fight?

I guess Wolf is the Master Beast,
Cloud is the Master Sabres/Edges,
K. Rool is the Master Shadow,

And of course Sakurai is the Master Giant. :p

The Master Fortress will form from the salt mines after the direct ends.

:231:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Did anyone have family that played Christian TV shows when they were young?

There is this one called "Kolby the computer" that has a dream sequence in it where all the kids have been assimilated into robots and move all fake like toward the kid having the dream to turn him into a robot as well

It terrified me as a child

Then, of course, there is THIS terror

Last edited:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
What sucks is that I have to visit somewhere next Tuesday, so I'll miss the direct. ...I might be able to see it on my smartphone, but still. I bet it's gonna be awesome. :<

Something before I go to bed vigorously.
Gender topics seem to be all the rage these days, so...

"One recent landmark study came from investigators from the University of Pennsylvania. They used a form of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) called diffusion tensor imaging (a way to measure the brain's white matter, or axons by which neurons connect) in a large sample of men and women (428 males and 521 females, ages 8 to 22 years).9 Across a number of different analytic approaches, they found a striking and consistent result: The brains of women exhibit significantly stronger patterns of interconnectivity across brain regions-including across the hemispheres-than do the brains of men, which conversely exhibit significantly greater average connectivity within local brain regions (what the authors refer to as modularity).

This striking result fits very well with a highly consistent finding across the sex-difference literature: The brains of men tend to be more asymmetrically organized across the hemispheres than are those of women.10 Importantly, the authors found no age-by-sex interactions despite having plenty of statistical power to find such interactions. This means we cannot explain the sex differences in their results as simply being due to different cultural experiences between males and females." - http://dana.org/Cerebrum/2014/Equal_≠_The_Same__Sex_Differences_in_the_Human_Brain/
This doesn't align with mainstream/progressive society's ideology of egalitariansim. Therefore pseudoscience.

----

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
So I've thought of a way to reduce disappointment for the direct. Just image the absolute worst case scenario is happening (like it needs to be really really bad, like unrealistically bad), then even if your character doesn't get in, its not as bad as you thought, and you won't be as salty. I'm personally going into this direct with no optimism. I won't hype myself up, and I'll just be miserable and pessimistic smash wise. Now One Piece wise, Gamma knife on Sunday.:colorful:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My tastes have gotten really weird

I no longer like mac and cheese

But I like Chef Boyardee Spaghetti and Meatballs

Which at one time I thought was extremely bland

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I think my freemium is about to run out and I'm going to buy it myself for a year. Merry Christmas Warchamp.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Okay, so since we're gonna speculate wildly and just in general go stor-crazy until Tuesday, it's time for another one of IAWY's random questions!

If hypothetically, Sakurai wasn't opposed to the idea of adding 4th-party characters (TV, Movies, Books, Comics, Anime, Manga, etc.), and anybody was fair game and could be added (except for the trifecta in Goku, SpongeBob and Shrek that Sakurai's already laughed at the thought of), who would actually be the most likely 4-th parties?

I'm gonna say based on recognition and popularity, I'd give very good bets to Mickey Mouse, Darth Vader, Luffy from One Piece, and maybe Spider-Man.

Mickey Mouse is obvious, everyone knows Disney and Mickey's a household staple almost. Darth Vader has more popularity than the majority of the characters in the series and is well known among the general populace for multiple reasons. One Piece, last I knew, was the highest-selling and most popular Shonen Jump manga, outselling Naruto and Dragon Ball by a lot, so Luffy being the main protagonist is a sure fire bet for widespread recognition in Japam (Push can correct me on this if I'm wrong).

EDIT: And Marvel is very well-known, and Spider-Man is one of the, if not the most popular character (X-Me are more well known as a group than individually). I missed one, but Batman and Superman would also be another good bet, because they're Batman and Superman haha.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well there is the issue that both the big super hero companies already have toys to life ranges (Lego Dimensions for Warner Bros/DC and Disney Infinity for Disney/Marvel) which also wraps up Star Wars and Mickey Mouse. Unless we've got some more crossover amiibos in the works...

Seriously, why weren't Bowser and DK available separately?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
http://mynintendonews.com/2015/12/1...videos/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Frostwraith Frostwraith Thought you'd be interested in these Xenoblade Chronicles X music videos.
Awesome. Nintendo has been doing more of this stuff in regards to music.

From posting a concert of Xenoblade Chronicles' music, to showing off the recording sessions for Mario Kart 8 and Zelda: Tri Force Heroes, to this. As someone who enjoys video game music, this is great.

Thanks for sharing.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
For the people who've gotten Xenoblade Chronicles X

are you liking it? I'm on the fence about getting it, since I've never played the original or any JRPG. Is the story good? Indulge me. :^)

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
For the people who've gotten Xenoblade Chronicles X

are you liking it? I'm on the fence about getting it, since I've never played the original or any JRPG. Is the story good? Indulge me. :^)
I'm loving it so far. So much fun to be had.

Oh boy, the story is really good so far. Especially with the end of chapter 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom