• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sceptile looks amazing.
I made this a while back, calling sceptile I might add. The top ones are the base roster, the bottom ones are honorable mentions/DLC. Each type is represented at least once, and each gen is represented at least twice.
View attachment 86875
Tell me what y'all think.
>Nidoking
automatic 10/10

>Venasaur, Beedril, Ludicolo, and Sandlash
17/10

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
BlinkFeed seems to have stopped showing actual news. Now it's just Facebook posts from friends.

The most active of which happens to be a furry and let's just say that he's been more open lately.

I don't mind if people like that stuff but I'd rather not see it all over my BlinkFeed.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So when this direct starts, the ballot would have ended 2½ months ago. That should be PLENTY of time for results.

And found this elsewhere:

And Sceptile looks pretty neat!

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I've got a feeling for Isaac.

Never cared for Isaac.

Never played Golden Sun.

Never gave a **** about him.

But I feel it in the force. Also Inklings. A Shovel Knight STAGE.

And... and... oh god.... RIDL-----
I'm still feeling Shovel Knight for some reason. I don't know why. Push brought up the interesting thought of Shovel Knight being an American pick, and being sold alongside Cloud, who's more of a Japanese pick. I'm also feeling Inklings, for some reason something about them strikes me as already worthy of being in Smash. I can imagine Sakurai initially overlooked them, and maybe went back and is now adding them into the game.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I'm still feeling Shovel Knight for some reason. I don't know why. Push brought up the interesting thought of Shovel Knight being an American pick, and being sold alongside Cloud, who's more of a Japanese pick. I'm also feeling Inklings, for some reason something about them strikes me as already worthy of being in Smash. I can imagine Sakurai initially overlooked them, and maybe went back and is now adding them into the game.
That's funny. From everything I've been seeing on "Japanese Reactions" to Cloud, they think he is a more American pick. Interesting. No one knows what the **** he is.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I remembered the hype over the "type triangle" in Smash after Greninja and Charizard's trailer. I couldn't help getting hyped for Sceptile, even though I was telling myself not to fall for these kinds of things.

-----

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Pokkén Tournament Sceptile character reveal trailer has officially dropped!
Sceptile looks really good, I love how they incorporated his speed, attacks and jungle elements into his moveset. For instance, the particular move where he hangs from a vine to dodge was pretty neat touch, and while it probably will look out of place in some stages, it fits him perfectly.

I'll probably give him a shot once the game hits the Wii U since I tend to go for speedy characters.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Sceptile looks amazing.
I made this a while back, calling sceptile I might add. The top ones are the base roster, the bottom ones are honorable mentions/DLC. Each type is represented at least once, and each gen is represented at least twice.
View attachment 86875
Tell me what y'all think.
cant say i hate it but the max base characters i can see happening is 20.....now as for the characters YES all of the yes

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
So when this direct starts, the ballot would have ended 2½ months ago. That should be PLENTY of time for results.

And found this elsewhere:

And Sceptile looks pretty neat!
I think the real question this image raises is

Is that Mario or Doctor Mario?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Guys, I really need to bring something up.

If someone posts an image that censor dodges, can you please not quote it? It just creates a lot more work than necessary.

I pretty much did the timeline for everything regarding Smash 4 from E3 2013 to Next Wendsday

• E3 2013: New game revealed to the world with newcomers :4megaman::4villager::4wiifit:
  • Character reveals of 2013: :4olimar::4luigi::4peach::4tlink::4sonic::4marth::4zelda::4dedede:
  • December 2013: Trailer for Newcomer :rosalina: revealed
  • February 2014: Trailer for Newcomer :4littlemac: revealed
  • March 2014: Second rumor popped up on Gemastu saying future newcomers were Palutena, Miis, Pokemon from Gen 6, Chrom, Chorus Kids, Shulk and Pac-Man
  • April 2014: 1st official Smash Direct featured new information on stages, online modes, Smash Run on 3DS, new Assist Trophies and reveal of fighters :4zss::4sheik::4yoshi: & Trailer for Fighter :4charizard: & Newcomer :4greninja:
  • E3 2014: Trailers for Newcomers :4mii: & :4palutena:(stealth reveal of :4darkpit:) revealed along with first introduction of amiibo. Smash Invitational Event occur with ZeRo winning the event. :4pacman: was revealed in a Closed Door event later that day.
  • July 2015: Trailer for Fighter :4falcon: and Newcomers :4robinm::4lucina: revealed
  • Character reveals of 2014: :4lucario::4diddy::4myfriends::4metaknight:
  • August 2015: Member of the ESRB leaked the final initial roster for the 3DS version (:4falco::4ganondorf::4gaw::4jigglypuff::4ness::4rob::4wario::4bowserjr::4drmario::4duckhunt::4darkpit:)
  • August 2014: Trailer for Newcomer :4shulk: revealed
  • September 2014: 3DS version of Smash 4 was released in Japan
  • October 2014: 3DS version of Smash 4 was released internationally
  • October 2014: Leak of supposed Tower of Smash popped up; final characters who were Wii U exclusive were Chorus Kids, Dixie Kong, Impa and Wolf
  • October 2014: 2nd Smash Direct (50 Facts Extravaganza) featured new stages, modes, Trailer for Newcomer :4bowserjr: and the model of future DLC fighter Mewtwo.
  • November 2014: Wii U version of Smash 4 was released
  • November 2014: First Wave of amiibo was released
  • December 2014: The Birth of the HOO HAA meme :4diddy:
  • December 2014: Second Wave of amiibo was released
  • February 2015: Third Wave of amiibo was released
  • February 2015: Video Leaked of possible fighter Rayman and Mewtwo onto the internet by Artsy Omni. Was proven fake days later
  • April 2015: Trailer for Fighters :4mewtwo:&:4lucas: were revealed. First Wave of Mii Fighter costumes were revealed. Official Super Smash Bros Fighter Ballot was open to the public
  • April 2015: Wave 1 of DLC was released with Balance Patch, Mii Fighters and Mewtwo
  • April 2015: Datamine of update shows leaked fighters of Roy and Ryu
  • May 2015: Fouth Wave of amiibo were released
  • June 2015: Leaked footage of Roy, Ryu and Lucas were revealed tto the public
  • E3 2015: 3rd Smash Direct (New Content Approaching) featured new DLC stages, 2 wave of Mii fighter costumes, amiibos and new fighters :4lucas::4feroy: & Newcomer :4ryu:. Second DLC Wave Released shortly after
  • July 2015: Third Wave of DLC was released; featured stages Hyrule Castle 64 and Peach's Castle 64, Third Wave of Mii Fighters costume and Tournament Mode
  • August 2015: Tamaki of Unseen 64 reveals of supposed rumor of Shovel Knight in Smash Bros. Character's amiibo reveal in that month
  • Septemeber 2015: Fouth Wave of DLC released; features stages Super Mario Maker, Pirate Ship (Brawl) Wii U exclusive, Dunk Hunt 3DS exclusive and fouth wave of Mii fighter costumes
  • October 2015: Supposed rumor from RogerBase reveals of a Splatoon Direct with Inkling as a fighter for Smash Bros with a trailer
  • November 2015: Trailer for Newcomer :4cloud: was revealed along with Mii Fighter costume of Chocobo
  • December 2015: 4th and Final Smash Direct

So how was it? Anything I missed?
Nitpick, but Dedede was a 2014 reveal. :p He was shown in January.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Now that I think about it, who is Doctor Mario? Is he Mario's alter-ego? Or that one brother no one likes to talk about?
He's the third brother who stayed behind in Brooklyn and decided instead to get a medical degree and open his own clinic in the Mushroom Kingdom that was grossly lacking in health care at the time.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
why is nintendo always doing game directs on the days that i work?! why?!

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
I like to think Dr Mario is Jumpman...
And Samus is SA-X...
And Shiek is from a different point in the timeline...

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I like to think Dr Mario is Jumpman...
And Samus is SA-X...
And Shiek is from a different point in the timeline...
But that doesn't differentiate Dr. Mario since Mario is Jumpman...

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
:4drmario: is Mario's alter ego from another universe
:4sheik: is from an alternate universe.
:4wiremac: is a robot.
:4wiifit:&:4wiifitm: and :4robinm:&:4robinf: are legit twins
:4samus: is on auto pliot if :4zss: is on the same stage with her

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I once read a theory that stated Dr. Mario is Mario and Luigi's father, I can't remember any of the details though.

Also, I looked it up and Snorlax totally is a bear.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I edited this post to appease the mods with a custom censor, got lazy and frustrated with GIMP half way through (like what is even layers and NO TEXTBOX NOT THERE, STAY 12 POINT FONT) and just blacked out the bad words
Real shame, I would've gotten more creative and silly as time went on.
So, "nimrod" isn't a bad word that could be flagged as censor dodging, right?
Don't want to get infracted

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I edited this post to appease the mods with a custom censor, got lazy and frustrated with GIMP half way through (like what is even layers and NO TEXTBOX NOT THERE, STAY 12 POINT FONT) and just blacked out the bad words
Real shame, I would've gotten more creative and silly as time went on.
So, "nimrod" isn't a bad word that could be flagged as censor dodging, right?
Don't want to get infracted
Fun Fact:

Nimrod was the name of a famous hunter, Bugs Bunny used it as a sarcastic jab at Elmer Fudd, then somehow the general public came to know it as a synonym for moron.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Minecraft on the wii u

ISN'T going to use touch screen for anything

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So I was just listening to Undertale remixes on Youtube and found this one guy who, coincidentally, did my two favorite themes from the game, and IMO they're really good remixes. :p

It's also kinda cool that my two favorite themes in the game belong to my two favorite characters. :laugh:

Shroob

Sup?
So I was just listening to Undertale remixes on Youtube and found this one guy who, coincidentally, did my two favorite themes from the game, and IMO they're really good remixes. :p

It's also kinda cool that my two favorite themes in the game belong to my two favorite characters. :laugh:
You haven't lived until you've heard Papyrus' theme mixed with Mom's Spaghetti.

Those are really good. . .but I prefer this guy's work personally
Strangely my favorite song is also for my favorite character

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
So what Snake leak supposedly got Konami's eye? I don't remember any good Snake leaks.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why did Muffet get the special treatment of being one of the monsters that changes your soul color?

That makes her one of the 6 special bosses

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
:4wiifit:&:4wiifitm: are legit twins.
I'd like to think that the Wii Fit Trainers are a bit of a Nurse Joy/Officer Jenny case. Basically, tons of girls and boys who look like each other, with a couple having a minor difference, but all who specialize in the same job, hobby, etc. Would something be wrong with that headcanon?

wildvine47

Smash Ace
So what Snake leak supposedly got Konami's eye? I don't remember any good Snake leaks.
If I had to make a guess, I'd say it was the Snake amiibo image that was making the rounds a while back. It was jokingly billed as a leak, used a PM pose, and got retweeted by both Konami and Kojima.

If these posts have any believability, it's the only one that comes to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom